z

Young Writers Society

What would your characters do?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 pm
Rosendorn says...

Oh, no, don't worry! Questions can take awhile to get answered. It's the nature of the game. :) But, rereading your post, I'm not exactly sure what the question is? Re-posting it might be a good idea.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:35 pm
crossroads says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Oh, no, don't worry! Questions can take awhile to get answered. It's the nature of the game. :) But, rereading your post, I'm not exactly sure what the question is? Re-posting it might be a good idea.

Oh, ok then :)

Sure, that can be done.. the question was, in the simplest way possible, this:
Your character is offered a deal. The other party will give him the fulfillment of all his wishes except for time traveling and waking the dead. In return, your character is to get him a thing that the other party asks for - but your character doesn't know if the other party's plans with that thing are something good or not.. not even if that thing in the other party's hands may hurt your character himself, his family, the world, the future or so on.. Would your character accept such deal or not (and possibly a brief explanation would be nice)?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Reviews: 2
Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:48 pm
SwallowedSun says...

Alek: Uhhhh...what??

bridge: its a deal or no deal, Alek

Alek: what will you decide?

Bridet: Me? Nope

Alek: what happen if I'mthe third party

Bridget: I wouldn't even dare imagine what your thinking

Alek: Its not that bad :3

Bridget: sorry but no

Q: want happen if your character meets their kid self, teenage self, adult self and old self at the same time
You're not scary, you're nice

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 pm
methrirr123 says...

Young: Who are you guys?
Teen: We are you, in a sense.
Adult: seems so. How is this possible?
Old: WHAAT?
Adult: I SAID HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???
Old: OF COURSE IT'S POSSIBLE, ITS HAPPENING NOW!
Teen: Heh. Old guy is funny.
Young: Wait, if we're all here, which one is the current day version.
Unanimous: I am.

awkward silence.

EPIC PARTY DANCE.

Q: When your character is thrown in the middle of an end of the world situation, where the moon is about to colide with the earth, what would his/her initial reaction be?

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm
DiskElemental says...

"Heh. I calmly started browsing the catalog of materials they were choosing to save, just to make sure they hadn't forgotten any of the classics. Then I started writing the speech I'd fill my gig of space with. It was some high brow talk about the resilience of the human spirit, and how whoever finds it needs to carry on our legacy. At least, I'd like to think that's what my reaction was, in reality I just got hammered."

- Lillian Torrance, Notes from the End of the World

Would your character rather be quadriplegic, or blind, mute, and deaf?
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

Reviews: 2
Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:18 am
SwallowedSun says...

Priscilla: Is seeing everyone headless count?

Lain: I prefer blind than that

Priscilla: Its not that scary

Lain: What seeing everyone decapitated?

Priscilla: Its fun

Lain: ......

Lain: Can I also add deaf to the list?

What happen if your character met their genderbent version (like if you character is male and he meets his female version))
You're not scary, you're nice

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 pm
crossroads says...

L: "Why, that would just be great. If only there really was another one like me! We'd be a perfect couple, her and I - of mortal enemies, probably, but still.."

WWYCD if he/she would suddenly wake up as a child and realize the entire life was no more than a dream?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 am
AlfredSymon says...

Lower Lestat does:
Lower Lestat, with eyes still closed shut and icy cold body lying over a tuft of soft linen, raised his arms and started rubbing his eyes. When he opened it, the world went through him, his memories fled, his life returned to being an empty shell as he used to possess before while being a vampire.

He opened his mouth and whispered "Mommy, where are you?"
And at the realization that he was alone, he peed yellowish urine solemnly on the linen, peed as if his fragile, demonic soul depended on it.

Okay so he peed, sorry for the violence :D ! Next up on the line, what would your character do if he found himself sitting on a boulder with a fishing rod in hand by the Stygian river, a lake/brook where lost souls can swim towards hell.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:28 am
methrirr123 says...

Point to each of his enemies and cheerfully laugh "I remember you!" as he tried to get over the fact that it has been four hours and he hasn't caught a damn thing.

If your character was put in a Saw puzzle, where he/she was placed in a room of five of her dearest friends, and the instruction video instructed him/her to kill someone in the room, and that the rest would go free, what would he/she do?

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 am
Kakali says...

Think to himself, "This guy is really wierd." and try his best to ignore him, until one of his friends really does die. Then he would basically just wreck everything until he found the person responsible and slaughter him.

But we all know... that wouldn't work out in a Saw movie.

WWYCD if the person your character thought was the bad guy, ended up being the good guy, and the good guy turns out to be bad, but the bad guy who (used to be good) was your character's friend before they found out they were bad?
LONG LIVE LOVE

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:31 am
IngridClayre says...

"Look at that guy..." Nathaniel snickered quietly to Learos,
"Which one?" Learos looked around him,
"How about the one with the big, poofy, purple pants?" Nathaniel was trying his best to restrain his laughter.
"Oh him!" Learos laughed heartily.
"Shut up!" Nathaniel hissed, "Your going to-"
"What may I ask are you staring at...boys?" The man walked over to them and raised his eyebrow.
"Not at you." Nathaniel stuttered nervously glancing at the three men armed with swords that were trailing behind the ridiculously dressed man.
"Don't lie boy!" the man spat, "Tell me!"
"It was your clothing." Learos blurted casually,
"You like them?" The man smiled, "They are the latest fashion in Filinvsia!"
"Umm..." Nathaniel said dumbly,
"Most certainly not!" Learos said matter-of-factly "We were laughing to each other at how incredibly feminine your whole outfit is! The purple with the gold trim, the fluffy pants, and the tight fit shirt. It practically screams femininity! What I would suggest is go to the store and buy yourself a nice and normal pair of slacks and a shirt. Oh, and burn the purple thing. It's hideous."
The man was almost as purple as his clothing with rage.
"Sueezu tvhunh!" The man screamed to his guards- which meant 'seize them' in Filinese. At that, the two boys ran.
"You idiot!" Nathaniel screamed while dashing through the streets of Filinvsia as they had done far too many times before.
Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves
Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:
All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe.

Reviews: 4
Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm
spottedkit says...

For original WWYCD-

"Why would I get famous? I keep to myself!" ~Totsi
~~~

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 pm
Payne says...

WWYCD if they were trapped on a train rocketing at high speeds toward the end of the track?
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm
deleted17 says...

Create a portal and leave-Zoe
Try and bring people along with us-Lyra
Try and stop the damn thing-Andrew
Jump Off- Ima bandit!-Jordan
Prepare for my indigent end-Peter
Scream My head off-CJ

We are cowards

WWYCD if they figured out that their parents were evil? :evil:
Have your chin up, and speak up.Otherwise, nothing will get done.And what you need to say, will never be heard.Just be confident in what you say, and stand by it

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:40 pm
littleauthor says...

Keigan and Noah- Leave home and probably cry a lot.
Mercury- Shrug it off because his parents are already dead.
Kalel- Run away and probably get really confused.
Keigan (preditors)- Understand why they gave her into the labs.
Indie- Hunt them down and kill them.

WWYCD If they found out that this is happening to them because they have been on a TV show their entire lives. (Like the Truman show)
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow