z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 pm
Nutty says...

You know when you're a writer when you get into a yelling match with your father over an apostrophe on a website that isn't very credible or important anyway- and your mum has to step in and make you both apologize.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:21 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Nutty wrote:You know when you're a writer when you get into a yelling match with your father over an apostrophe on a website that isn't very credible or important anyway- and your mum has to step in and make you both apologize.

Woooow. :)

You know you're a writer when you research a minor concept in your plot so much that the only remaining research materials you haven't used are only found in the Library of Congress.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you have special wrist warmers to keep your hands/wrists warm so you can write as much as possible. Like what I'm wearing right now. ^_^
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:46 pm
Nutty says...

In my relationship with my father's defense:
You know you are a writer when you spend hours discussing different ways to portray information and twist ideas for plots with your father, until Mum feels a little left out as she doesn't write.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:57 pm
Evi says...

You know your a writer when you freak out upon finding grammatical errors in published works. Harry Potter has, like, a bajillion. I was appalled! :)
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:18 am
LydiaB says...

^ I know what you mean ^

You know you're a writer when you put down a book halfway and think of an ending and get mad when you read it and it's not as "good".
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:43 am
Hannah says...

You know you're a writer when, for a lack of paper, you start a bit of writing in a text message on your phone and save it to drafts for later!

=D Totally did that~

280 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 am
Nutty says...

Haha. You know you're a writer when, even before you knew you were a writer, you were editing classmate's work and critiquing stories for friends.

True story. I was introduced to this site after writing a paragraph (through text message) to show a friend how sentence length can effect pace and tension :roll:

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 am
200397 says...

You know you're a writer when . . .

your mother kicks you off the computer at 10:00 pm

you find yourself calling your best friend the name of your MC on accident *hehe*

you consider the marks of red pen on your twenty-third draft a work of art.

~Sunny

280 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:31 am
Nutty says...

You know you're a writer when . . .

your mother kicks you off the computer at 10:00 pm

You also know you are a writer when you crawl off to bed at two in the morning after an epic catch up on critting.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:35 am
LydiaB says...

You know you're a writer when...

You take things from real life and re-create them... as interesting *gasps*
You think you wrote a crappy paper and then your teacher tells you you're "articulate".
Your thesaurus is out more than your planner.
You have an impeccable vocabulary.
You think more about working out a problem in your story than you do thinking about boys. (MUCH more time...)
You want to spend the rest of your life writing books and/or reading them.
You know you're a writer when the stuffed cow on your bookshelf starts a congo line with the rest of your stuffed animals O.O

-Lydia
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:57 pm
Elelel says...

You know you're a writer when you get writer's block and respond by writing about your muse until he cracks and gives you a proper idea.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm
Horserider says...

You know when you're a writer when...

You can't remember the last time you went to bed before eleven because you've been staying up late every night writing.

You get a snow day at school and the first thing you think is, "Yay I can work on working on my novel/short story/poem/etc today!" (which I did this morning)

You get a partial request from an agent and that makes you're whole day.

You're English teacher asks you what you did over Christmas vacation and all you tell her is that you finished a novel. (did this one too)

If you see a misspelled word or grammar mistake anywhere, you can't rest until you've corrected it.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:21 pm
WaterVyper says...

You know you're a writer when your parents hire you to write letters for them.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:39 pm
Stori says...

You know you're a writer when you want to research cats' mating habits for your novel. :evil:

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert