z

Young Writers Society

Camp Crazy (STARTED!/ Still accepting)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue May 07, 2013 1:45 pm
ChimeraMania says...

Erina Rose

I didn't realize almost everybody was looking at me. So I blushed as everybody was saying how good I sound and play. I said thank you to all of them. I even, with the courage, got up and took a little boy. With a big grin on my face and rosy cheeks. After everybody was done, I headed towards the door. Devon walked with me too.

"You don't have to come with me." I said to him. Why did I say that, of course he has to come. I want him to come. Inner thoughts equals annoying.

"Okay." But he still walked me to the door. "Good night." He said then walked off in the direction of the beach.

Letting out a sigh, I walked to the cabin. Well, I started walking to the cabin. I ended up at a bench. Sitting down heavily, I thought about another song. Quietly as I could, I started playing the melody in my head.

Then out of no where, this guy walks up. I jumped when he started talking. "That's very beautiful." He said.

I looked up and saw him. He had ash blond hair and icy blue eyes. I just stared at him. What is his name?

"Oh sorry i'm Cadel." He says, as if knowing what I was thinking.

"Oh Cadel, hey. I'm Erina."

"I know, you where playing in the dinning hall."

"Yep that was me." He takes a seat.

"I'd like you to help me with something."

"Okay sure. What is it?" I asked. He leans in and whisper in my ear. I so was down for doing it. But before I could start back playing my guitar Megan came over.

"Hey guys." She said, sounding oh so casual. We said hey, then she continued. "So we're going to do a little bonfire thing, you in."

I turn to Cadel. "That would be the perfect place." He nodded his head and we get up. Megan walks in the direction of the guys cabin and we walk to the already lite bonfire.

"So I'll come up with something real quick and when I'm done I'll play it for you." I say to him.

"Okay good." He said. I spotted Swift already by the bonfire. I pointed at her and Cadel went over there to her. I went to go sit on the other side and started, trying, to come up with something for Cadel.

I was so focused, I didn't even notice the new guy. Then Devon came and sat beside me, and I forgot all about the new guy.

"Got it." I said under my breath. Well probably not that well because Devon looked back at me and asked what I said.

"Oh nothing, just made up something for Cadel."

"Oh that's nice of you." I blushed.

"Thanks."

"You look cute when you blush." Putting my free hand on my cheek.

"Pointing it out doesn't make it better." I say, blushing harder. He laughed. Then I look over at the new guy. "Who's the new guy?" I ask.

"Oh that's Rory. So can I hear what you made for Cadel?" He ask.

"Sure, lets scoot closer to the fire though. I cold." We got up and moved closer. Once we sat down, he put his blanket over us. The blanket was red and big. It fit me, him, and my guitar. I started playing but this time way louder. I glanced at Cadel and nodded my head.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 pm
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

"Time sure does fly." I mumble to myself still looking at the sky. I loved being alone in a pretty place, it gave me time to think. I decided to go up to the main office and ask to use their phone since I left mine at home until I get back. "Sure dear. Right over there in the corner." a woman told me.

Rings

"Hello." mom says.

"Hey mother."

"Darlin I can't talk right now, something has come up. Love you." I hear her say, I knew she had been crying. She hung up before I could say another word.

I freaked and ran out to the bonfire crying my eyes out. "What's wrong?" Megan says in sympathy. "I think my mother is getting hurt." I say with tears running out of my eyes. I couldn't stop. Megan rapped her arms around me and soon it was a big bear hug group. I ran off into the woods.

Devon Turner

I seen Jenny crying and Megan talking to her, I had no clue what was going on. "Are you okay?" I say. She ran off without another word. Erina walked up worried about what was going on. "Is she okay?" Erina asked. "I have no clue. I think I should go after her.." I say.

It was to late, someone already did. I didn't see who, but by the looks of it, it was a guy.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 pm
Swiftfur says...

Spoiler! :
If I have to re-write this one more time, I am going to KILL this stoopid laptop. >.<

Swiftfur

I was sitting near the bonfire when Jenny ran towards us, tears streaming down her face.
Megan wrapped her arms around Jenny and murmured something.
Jenny broke free from her grip and ran into the woods.
Someone ran after, and I sat there hoping Jenny was ok.
"Hey Swift, why don't you give us a song?"
I obliged shyly, then turned to Erina and asked, "Do you know the song, Roses of May by Erutan?"
she nodded and began to strum her guitar.
I cleared my throat and started to sing.

Her heart underneath
Cries quietly
This part of me
I choose not to see

What lives must I take
For fealty’s sake
How much blood must stain
This warrior’s blade

War leaves its trail in moonlight so pale
Its shadows, they flow in rivers, in rivers
So put on my mask, I’ll go where they ask
So I might one again see the roses of May

Staining my soul and stinging my eyes
The red on my hands won’t wash away, wash away
No where to run from what I have done
I’m no longer, no longer a rose of May

Fate holds the blade before you
Mirrored in maiden’s eyes
Far from myself I fly into the perilous skies
And they said
Follow the blade before you
Fear fall and courage rise
Leave all your tears behind you
Far from where innocence lies

Cage of the kings
No need for wings
So turn them to stone
From roses to bone

When you look at me
What do you see
This costume I weave
Disfiguring me

Storm clouds creeping closer
Danger is drawing near
Why am I not protecting all that I once held dear
And you said
Break free from all that holds you
Kings hand and maiden’s tear
Run now into my arms
Together we’ll conquer our fears

Led here by fate
No longer afraid
So here now I lay
My roses of May

I finished the song to wild applause.
Standing up, I bowed formally then said,"Dankashe, dankashe."
My thought went back to Jenny.
She didn't look so good when she came to the bonfire earlier.
I let my mind drift to the woods and found her almost instantly.
She was terribly upset, and I felt her sorrow like a thorn stabbing at my heart.
I stood up again and went into the woods, stopping a little ways away.
Sinking down in front of a tall pine, I dropped my head into my hands and began to weep.
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

Hattie Van Burghan

I was sitting beside my mother as she pulled up towards the entrance to the camp. Immediately I stopped texting one of my friends back home and sat up; I knew my mother was trying to get me away from bad influences but secretly I had warmed to the idea.

I was more than excited to meet some new people, get out of my element and maybe meet a guy that wasn't a complete and utter creep. "We're here." My mother said as she pulled the car to a stop, she turned to me and smiled. "I know you didn't want to come here, but I--"

"Let me stop you right there." I hastily tied up my blonde hair and placed the coloured tips over my left shoulder. "I'm excited about being here. I want to give it a go." I felt a little silly for causing such a fuss. I was eighteen, not eleven.

"Then I hope you have a good time." She kissed me on the forehead and I swiftly got out of the car. I waved to her and quickly headed for the closest building.

However as I was about to enter I stopped and noticed a group of people sitting around a bonfire on the beach. I could hear the faint sound of music as I made the decision to walk over and realised that somebody was singing.

As I got closer, I felt like I was intruding on something but I was way too excited about seeing some fresh faces. The singer suddenly got up and started walking towards the forest; that's when everybody looked in my direction.

"Hey! I'm a little late.."

152 Reviews

Wed May 08, 2013 12:17 am
ChimeraMania says...

Erina Rose

Looking off in the distance Swift took of too. I turned to Devon.

"Hold.." I stopped seeing the new girl.

"Hey, I'm a little late." She says. She's pretty. I thought, then turned back to to Devon.

"Hold this for me." I gave him my guitar, stood up, and went to look for Swift.

I found her on a little hill but she wasn't alone. I seen Jenny in her arms crying. I walked a quietly as I could to Jenny's left side, since Swift was on her right.

"It's gonna be okay." I hear Swift say to her when I bent down to touch Jenny's shoulder. Jenny jumped, but stayed where she was.

"She's right Jen, it's gonna be okay." I didn't even know what she'd be okay about, but I had a feeling I needed to say it.

We just sat there, Jen crying, Swift and I comforting her. Wish I had my guitar. I thought, Then we could see her a comforting song.

Reviews: 0
Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 am
Desticakes101 says...

Ashlynn

Soooooo I sorta ended up punking out on the party and taking a nap in Emma's bed. Yeah...i know...I suck but still its probably better that I didn't go. I mean I hardly knew the guy. H ecould have been a rapist...or an ax murderer ... or yeah. So instead of partying it up, later that night i had my booty planted in the sand as i listened to random singing. It isn't that the singer couldn't sing. Actually quite the opposite. The melody was haunting and enthralling at the same time, and everyone watching, couldn't take their eyes off of her. When she rushed away to go do whatever she had to do in the forest,and then watch as another girl goes to follow her. Thats when I take note of everyone looking up to the new girl like she was some alien or something. I shake my head and get up.

" Hey, I'm Aslynn, but you can call me Ash. Or Lynn. Or Lynnie." I chuckle to myself " And this is Emma." I say gesturing to my besty like shes a prized horse or something.

"Hey," The girl says with a smile " I'm Hattie." as she reaches over to shake my head, I shock her a bit by hugging her outright. I pull back and smile apologetically " Sorry, i'm more of a hugger towards people I like right away then a weird formal shakey hands person." I say, still smiling apologetically.

"I can also stand witness to that!" Emma says giggling "When I first met her, she hugged me for like two hours straight." Emma grins at me, while i stick my tongue at her.

"I feel pretty offended," Landon chimes in " Wheres my hug?!" He says with a smile.

"I feel even worse, all I got was a glare." Cadel mumbles.

I stick my tongue out at both of them and turn back to Hattie.

"If you want, you can join us for a little game of truth or dare?" I ask with a smile.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

Wed May 08, 2013 12:23 am
Desticakes101 says...

Spoiler! :
i know that it sounds weird and awkward (my last post I mean) But i had been writing something else at first and then had to rearrange because of the other posts sooooo sorry!

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 am
winterbites says...

Emma-May

Hattie smiled, "Yes, sure!" She sat down beside me and Ash. Landon was still slightly holding my hand on the other side of me.

"Hold up boy, Luna is mine." Ash stared him down. I giggled at her. "Get your man hands off off her." Ash is kinda, well really protective of me, considering what she went through. "Emma, you're mine." She said dramatically, causing me to laugh harder and not be able to say anything.

"No way!" He protested and poked out his tongue. So much tongue poking. I rolled my eyes. Ash grabbed my other hand and held it still glaring a Landon. "She is mine." Landon held my hand like his life depended on it.

"Wow, guys let's just play the game?" Devon laughed. WE all looked to him. He was sitting across the fire from us.

"I agree." Hattie nodded, still smiling from Ash's outburst.
Last edited by winterbites on Thu May 09, 2013 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm
Swiftfur says...

Switfur

I was sitting there in front of the tree, crying my freakin' eyes out, when Jenny appeared with a tear-stained face.
"W-why are you c-crying?" She asked shakily.
I shuddered.
"I-i can sense em-motions. They're so strong, it's like I can feel them myself."
Jenny slumped down next to me and started to cry again.
I smoothed the hair on her head and comforted her.
"It's okay, your mom will survive."
Jenny shook her head and kept sobbing.
I looked up as Erina approached.
"She's upset about her mom. She thinks she's getting beaten by someone."
Erina sat down next to me and rubbed Jenny's shoulder.
Soon Jenny's sobs grew quiet and she started sniffling.
"Erina, c-can you keep a secret?" I whispered.
Erina nodded.
"I'm, I'm not a normal human," I said quickly.
"There's no such thing as a normal human. Everyone is unique."
I shook my head.
"No, I mean I'm not human-human."
"What do you mean?" Erina asked, puzzled
I took a deep breath.
"I, am a human avian feline hybrid."
Erina's eyes grew wider and wider, until I thought they'd pop out of their sockets.
"What?"
"It's true."
I morphed into a cream cat with forest-green eyes.
Erina couldn't have been more surprised if Nyan Cat fell from the sky and onto her head.
"What happened?" She inquired in a faint voice.
" I was born like this. When I was only 3-years old, my parents were killed. That's when I got this." I pointed to a thin white scar stretching diagonally across my left eye.
I continued, "After fleeing for my life, I lived in the forest for six years until the law enforcements found me and took me to an orphanage. There, I was adopted by my foster mum, and have lived with her ever since."
I morphed back into a human, but kept my ears and tail.
"come on, we'd better get Jenny back," I said, pulling Jenny upright and draping her arm across my neck.
Erina did the same on the other side, and we walked her back to camp together.

After depositing Jenny near the bonfire, I backed away and shinnied up a tree overhanging the fire.
I sat on a wide branch and watched the merriment, thinking about the past.
I felt bad now, lying to Erina like that. It still pained me to talk about my past, because my past contained my sister Lilypool's death.
I can't believe Lilypool would sacrifice herself for that wiener, Jake. I thought bitterly.
I hated Jake.
He was still human, even though he had obtained our qualities and the things we cats have, like paws, claws, a tail, and ears, he was still a human, through and through.
I unsheathed my claws and tore the bark off the branch I was sitting on, sinking them into the soft, exposed wood underneath.
I cursed him silently, baring my fangs and growling softly, then shook my self, sheathing my claws again and hiding my fangs.
What have I become?
Last edited by Swiftfur on Thu May 09, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

I was relieved that I'd received a warm welcome from the group, I thought I'd have to at least work a little harder to get into the group. I had slumped my bags behind me as I sat down on the log.

'Please don't let me regret this.' I thought to myself as the game begun. Something about my abnormality made it hard for me to lie, especially when the majority of the people around me weren't into lying.

I sat patiently waiting for the first question to be asked and made a silent vow to not peek into the feelings of my new friends. The last thing I wanted was to be declared weird, especially since my friends back home were only just getting used to the idea of me having powers; six months down the line.

I watched the flames for a little while and then glanced around at my company, the boys were cute and so were the girls. I was attempting to shut out all of the emotions radiating off of them but it didn't really work, I wasn't sure if I was actually feeling excited or just acting on behalf of Ashlynn's enthusiasm.

Unexpectedly I leaned over and hugged her, flushing bright red as I did so. "Oh wow, I'm so sorry" I mumbled, quickly undoing my hair so I could occupy my hands. 'This is going to be a long summer. I thought.

Thu May 09, 2013 12:59 am
Desticakes101 says...

Ashlynn

I giggle at Hattie and smile at her. "So you're a hugger too! Awesome! I need more people on my team of positivity!" I say smiling brightly. She smiles back at me, but is still blushing a bit. To lessen the tension a bit I begin.

"Okay..."I trail off looking around the circle "Who wants to go first guys?!" I ask brightly. The whole circle looks around uncomfortably as I wait for someone to speak up.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu May 09, 2013 7:40 am
winterbites says...

Emma-May

"Who wants to go first guys?!" Ashlyn asked. Everyone went silent, not wanting to be the one.

"I... I will." I said, when no one answered.

"Okay, Emmy." Ash had a wicked look in her eye, "Truth or dare?" This is like, the life question. I bit my lip and thought wisely.

"D-Truth..." I said. I hope she doesn't asked something about Landon.

"Aww, no fun." Ash pouted but, I had made up my mind. "Fine, hmm, do you still sleep with that stuffed toy Piggy?" She smirked, Ash knew I still slept with that thing.

"Yes, I still sleep with a toy at night. I laughed, everyone joined me. "Okay, truth or dare?"

**Can be anyone**
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

152 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2013 2:20 pm
ChimeraMania says...

Erina Rose

Talking to Swift was interesting. She's different and kind of seems ashamed to be. I don't know why. To me it seemed like she didn't want to tell me at first, but I'm glad she did. To be honest she's not a weird or different as she thinks she is. Okay so maybe she has this power to sense emotions but to me that makes her a good friend. I wouldn't have known how bad Jen felt without Swift, so to me that's a good thing.

Helping to get Jen to the closed bonfire, preferably the one without all the people. I keep glancing at Swift, still with her feline ears and tail. We sat Jen down, and I sat beside her. I watched Swift run up the tree over the bonfire.

"You're unique even if you don't think so. Cadel, Devon, Jen, and I think so." I said out loud, but low enough for just Swift, Jen, and I to hear. Swift didn't reply.

Jen looked up at the tree Swift was in, then at me. "She knows." She whispered, then laid her head on my shoulder. I started rocking back and forth. Singing a little lullaby my mother use to sing for me before the step-loser came along. I just changed the name.

'The lullaby I sing to you
Is a song that came true
From the life of the prince
To the love of the queen
The protection of the king
And the kindness of a friend

This lullaby I sing to you
Is a tale about you
And a fairy night too
He was your friend at first
But then a feeling grew
So the fairy night is yours tonight

A lullaby I sing to you
Is about a baby quite like it
Small and cute with nothing new
But a smile that’s all you knew
It’s name was Sharrae
And it came to play

Every lullaby I sing to you
Has a story that you never knew
But I sing to you so you will know
Your an amazing little thing you
With a lullaby all on your own too
Baby Swiftur you named it true'

I looked up into the tree. Seeing her gold looking eyes. I smiled, then looked over towards Devon and started singing again. Changing the name, yet again, to Jennifer.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu May 09, 2013 3:09 pm
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

Finally my tears dried up after talking with Swift and Erina. They were great friends and probably my best friends here. "Thank yall." I say to Swift and Erina. I smiled for the first time tonight, happy to have friends like them. No one could have made me feel better.. but them. We sit around the bonfire where people are playing truth or dare. I just sit there listening to them play.

"Do you want to play Jenny?" Emma asked. I shook my head no, "I would, but I'm just not in the mood to play games. I'm sorry." I reply. They all smiled at me and I was thankful they didn't get mad. "Time for me to get some sleep." I say to the crew. "Goodnight." everyone told me. I smiled and told them good night too.

Walking away from the campfire, I slowly went to the cabin. I still had my mother on my mind the whole time. "She will be okay." I told myself. Finally I got to the cabin and pulled my blankie from my bag, I looked in it some more and realized my mother put my cell phone in the top part of my bag. I got my phone and layed in bed. I had a text from my mother, "Hey baby, I just want you to know, everything is fine. I had to hang up because I was busy, please don't worry. I love you." the text had said. I finally replied back. "I love you too mom." then put it down and fell asleep.

Devon Turner

Erina and Swift brought Jenny back to the bonfire, she had finally stopped crying. I walked over and sat by Erina, "So she is okay now?" I ask. Smiling she nodded. I sighed with relief. It was so heartbreaking to see a girl.. or anyone cry. "Truth or dare, Devon?" Emma asked. "Truth." I say. "Hmmm... is it True you like someone here?" she asked.

"I think I do, but not saying names. Besides I'm not really sure yet." I reply, I'm not ashamed of anything I say or do. I got up and started walking to my cabin. "Night everyone." I say. They all told me good night. It was getting kind of late and I was ready for tomorrow to start.

"Hey!" someone yelled to me.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

152 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 pm
ChimeraMania says...

Erina Rose

Jen said goodnight to everyone and I found myself smiling. She'll be okay, just needs to talk to her mother, but maybe later. I thought to myself.

Devon walks up to me and asked if Jen okay. I nod, still smiling. Then Emma asked him truth or dare. He says truth and she asked.

"Is it Ture that you like someone here." I found myself wanting to know the answer to the question too, but for some reason I kind of didn't. So before he answered I went to go get my guitar over by the first bonfire.

When I turned around I seen Devon walking away. So I walk behind him and say "Hey!"

He turned around to face me. "Oh hey, I was just going to my cabin." He said with a smile.

"Finna turn in?" I asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Okay." I get ready to walk towards the girls cabin, but he grabs my hand and spins me around. I just raised an eyebrow at him.

"Want to know what my answer was?" He asked. I was about to say to what, but then I remember what Emma had asked him.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not really." He just looked at me so I explained. "If you like someone at the camp then it's cool. I find it awesome to be honest, but it's also private. So I figure you'd want to tell the person face to face." It hurt to say that. If he liked someone else besides me, I'd just have to drive home to the whack job that I call a family and try to make the best of it.

I looked away from him, but then he put his hand under my chin and turned my head back to face him. With a reluctant shy, I stared into his eyes. So beautiful.

"Want to know who I like at this camp?" He asked, but not giving me time to answer. "Erina Rose." I just stared, I thought it was my imagination or conscious mind playing a trick on me. "I like you. Do you like me?"

"Yes." I said before he even got the whole sentence out of his mouth. A smile crossed his face. Not realizing what I was doing, I leaned in and kissed him. Then a couple of seconds later, pulled away, turned, and walked to the girls cabin.

Ugh really, you run from a guy you like, even kissed. What's wrong with you? I screamed to myself, in my mind anyway.

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes