z

Young Writers Society

Usergroup Wars: Return to YWS

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:12 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Not in some months had the writers seen anything so beautiful. The YWS-3 was approaching TSR. Duskglimmer sighed. It had been too freaking long. TSR was beginning to drive her bonkers. Despite popular myth, managing a website with authors was like managing a three ring circus, perhaps moreso. She picked up the comm.

"ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS OF TSR! NATE IS READY! YWS IS BACK! PREPARE TO DISEMBARK!" Her voice echoed through the ship, amplified by an unknown number of speakers. The cheer needed no amplification though.

"TSR-1 this is Nate."

"Nate, this is Dusky. We're ready to disembark. Permission to come aboard?"

"Permission granted."

"Grif!" Dusky yelled.

"Yes!"

"Have you installed that new AI yet?"

"I'm here," a nice female voice said. A purple hologram emerged from a holostand.

"Great, can you start docking procedures with-"

"Done."

"But I wasn't finished!"

"You wanted me to dock with YWS-3 right?"

"Well yes, but-"

"But what? I've my sub-systems working on it," the AI.

"Okay stop it you two," Grif said.

"Hey, she started it," the AI said.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"SHUT UP!" Grif said, "Let's try this again. Dusky, this is Cortana, our shipboard AI. Cortana, this is our Captain. Her name is Dusky."

Throughout the ship, members began preparing to disembark.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:47 pm
Karma says...

(OOC: This was kinda weird, im not sure if i like it)
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:16 am
Neo Eclipse says...

Neo Eclipse sounded the alarm on his ship.

"Yoohoo! Engine going critical! Fires spreading throughout all decks! Somebody? Anybody? Do something!" he pleaded through his ships intercom, but there was no answer on the otherside. There wasn't anybody on the other side. While his ship was crumbling around him, his entire crew of thirteen abandoned him in the last escape pod. After the first YWS had gone out of commission and it's crew transferred to the TSR, Neo Eclipse had struck out on his own, abondoning his post and purchasing a nameless ship as his own. He had hoped to use it to start a business in pirating, earning enough funds to buy his personal army and conquer the universe, but more often than not, the ships he tried to rob were more heavily armed than he was. This led to many piracy attempts, followed by retaliation by the victim and the ultimate damaging of his ship as he attempted to escape. With so many failed attempts and no funds to show for it, Neo Eclipse's pirate ship deteriarated after time from the damage, leading to the drive problems that his ship was now experiencing.

He called out to his crew once more on the intercom, but only the blare of alarms and flashing red lights answered him. Despair and sudden realization that his only friends, including his girlfriend, Elocina, had abandoned him hit him like a ton of.....something. After all, a ton is a lot of wait, and what that ton of mass is made off makes little difference. It'll still hurt when it hits you. With tears welling in his eyes, friendless and beaten, he hit the emergency transimmter on his console. A distress beacon would be activated on his ships hull, sending out a transmission for help from any ship available. He looked down to his side, where his hand lay on the hilt of his priceless plasma saber. He had bought it for his pirating business. He hadn't even gotten to use it. As things were, he probably never would. Neo pulled it out of it's sheath a little, revealing a bit of the glowing, red blade it housed. With broken heart, he slipped it back in. He reached over to the side of his console, retrieving a can of highly caffinated soda pop.

"Well, If I'm gonna die, I might as well be bouncin off the walls when I do," he said as he cracked it open, taking a large guzzle.
"Once more, the Sith shall rule the galaxy, and we shall have.....peace" ~ Darth Sidious

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:24 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Dusky glared at the AI for a moment longer and then turned back to her work.

It would take a little while for the members to transfer to the YWS and until then she would have to continue to man the bridge. Sighing, she settled back into her chair, reminding herself that it wouldn't be that much longer until she could just be another civilian again.

"six hours, 24 minutes and 37 seconds," the AI corrected.

Dusky glared at her. "Be quiet before I uninstall you."

The AI didn't seem to care.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:30 pm
Snoink says...

After spending about... five billion minutes touching up her snout, someone barged in. It was the AI. The AI, Snoink noticed, had been programmed to wear only a mini skirt and a feathered boa. Snoink glared.

"Grif!"

"It's not Grif anymore, darling," the AI said. "It's Griffinkeeper."

"No it isn't. He changed his name when he came to TSR."

"But he's on YWS now, honey-bunch."

"WHAT?!"
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:06 am
Wiggy says...

*ahem* Who's the AI?
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:37 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

(Eight hours into the future...)

Fallingstar yawned and pulled herself out of bed. "How long have been asleep...?" she mumbled to herself. She stumbled over to the computer, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. Since the unexpected crash and burn of the YWS, she had been holed up in her room on the TSR.

It hadn't been that bad... at first. Then the lack of good stories in the fanfiction section, combined with general disinterest and a story in the fantasy section that had such bad grammar and punctuation that it nearly made her eyes bleed, Fallingstar had decided to wait it out.

"I'VE BEEN ASLEEP FOR A FREAKIN' WEEK?!" she shouted at her computer screen when she saw the date. "THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE! WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE COME WAKE ME UP?!"

Fallingstar dashed through the door and ran down the hallway, shouting something incoherent. She stopped when she realized that her extremely LOUD voice was echoing back at her.

"Hello...?"

Hello...

Hello...

Hello...

"...This is...weird..." Fallingstar commented, looking around.

"Where did everybody go...?"

The TSR was completely deserted... and Fallingstar was the only one left on it.
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:54 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Grif was happy to be back on the YWS-3. TSR was lying in the massive hanger bay. It was being overhauled by the mechanical monkeys that Nate made.

The only thing that made his return bad was that the Cortana was bothering Dusky, who in turn bothered Grif.

Nate had installed an AI of his own, SeƱor Marquez, but this didn't stop Cortana at all.

He heard Dusky coming and quickly dodged into the nearest corridor.

Grif breathed a sigh of release, before a hand lunged into the darkness and dragged Grif out.

Here it goes again... Grif thought.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:42 am
Firestalker says...

Firestalker looked around scared. He had disobeyed a mod and now Crysi and Hunter were hunting him. Firestalker grinned as he watched Griff being bothered by Dusky. Suddenly a hand touched his shoulder. Struggling not to sceam at the top of his lungs and dance like a mad monkey, he turned around.
"Oh, hiya Cr..Crysi" said FS "Nice day isn't it?"
"Hello Fire didn't you act obnoxious in the lounge today?" asked Crysi smiling evilly
"No actually i turned Griff into my former appearance and pushed him into the lounge because he asked me to hide him from Dusky" said FS in a very shaky tone
"Oh and i suppose this is Griff's?" asked Crysi holding an note that said "Firestalker was here being obnoxious to anger Crysi"
"he he" whimpered FS
FS was dragged towards the historical fiction room.
here we go again thought FS as he pasted one of Kitty's fur balls. Ever since all the YWSers turned into their avatars Nate had installed another program that enables everyone to turn into their avatars at will. The only problem was that Crysi's avatar was a feather, a very ticklish feather.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:22 am
Bella says...

WC looked around worriedly.

"Woah," she said to no one in particular. "I went to sleep, or zoned out or something, and when I woke up, I was standing here in the middle of this ship. Where am I anyway?" she asked, also to no one in particular.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

141 Reviews

Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:41 am
Firestalker says...

"You are in the YWS. Oxygen costs 200 points because their is a shortage. We will just steal some from the TSR" came Nates voice
"Oh great first tickles now oxygen taxes what next water costing 600 points, sheeeeeeesh!" said FS putting his shoes on after Crysi had removed them to tickle him.
"I am hungry" aid FS sighting toast as his toast avatar "Hey toast come here for a sec"
I wonder what toast tastes like when you put cheese on it FS thought as he pulled some cheese he had saved after the moon exploded because the cow on the moon sneezed hard and blew the moon near the atomic bomb that had escaped from the science fiction room of the YWS.
--

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:16 am
Bella says...

WC gave FS a crazy look.

"You're eating Toast!!" she cried suddenly, swatting her new friend away from FS. "You can't eat her! And she doesn't taste good with cheese anyway. You need strawberry jelly!"
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

141 Reviews

Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:25 am
Firestalker says...

"Awww come on Writer I'm hungry" FS pleaded
"mmmm okay then get some Jelly, lets eat him together" said Writer
At this toast started whimpering.
"Oh stop whimpering toast" said FS running to the science fiction room to get some jelly
FS returned with a bottle of colored jelly like liquid.
"Are you sure this is jelly?" asked Writer
"Sure it smells good and this was the only thing left" said FS
They poured the liquid onto toast. Before FS or Writer could eat toast, toast exploded into small peaces.
"Hey has anybody seen my multiplying potion" came Griffins voice.
"Oh so that what it is" coughed FS whop was covered in black ash
"Sheeesh FS" said Writer who was covered in ash too
--

863 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:51 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

"...And that is why we need to create a SPEW shipyard," Snoink said.

"So, you need to create a SPEW shipyard because the CCF is going to create their own CCF shipyard?" Nate said.

"Yes."

"And this is to create a fleet of advanced warships because the CCF is going to build their own?"

"Yes."

"And why should I grant you permission to do this?"

"If you don't, then you won't get this tasty pastry," Snoink said, unveiling a tasty pastry. Nate licked his lips.

"Okay, you can do it," he said, snatching the pastry from Snoink's hand and devouring it.

"Go ahead and begin construction," Snoink told Grif. Grif couldn't help but smile: the SPEW Gryphon would begin construction. The SPEW Shipyard had been built before anyone knew that YWS was back.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:16 am
Alteran says...

Adam stumbled a little as he ran down the halls of the CCF's hidden rooms. They'd had a strong foothold in TSR but with the arrival of YWS, SPEW would be far more powerful.

"Adam," whispered an unknown person, "Nate just gave them permission."

"Right," Adam hurried back into the Main sector of TSR. Everyone was leaving. The com on Adam's wrist blinked, he had a new message:

Get to YWS, We've found another hiding spot

There was no indication of who it was from.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson