z

Young Writers Society

Untitled Story

Reviews: 4
Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:16 pm
View Likes
specsbroodking says...

As you may have guessed, I don't have a title for the story yet, but I have some ideas for the plot and main characters (this will be a standard storybook, as referred to in the Storybook FAQ post), but otherwise the plot is yours.

RULES:
1. No graphic situations (including sexual)
2. No profanity, please!
3. No trolling
4. Have fun!

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Name: Kalan
Appearance: White, glasses, normally wears tank top, but sometimes t-shirt, jeans (sometimes khakis), short, brown Justin Beiber-ish hair (his old hair, not the new one [I may not like him, but hey, his hair's easy to picture]), blue eyes
Personality: Sarcastic, but knowledgeable
History: An archaeologist by trade, he was picked by Athena to defend Earth against Hades, who long ago slew the other gods. Athena appears to him through visions given to him by his necklace, which he dug up on an archaeological dig.
Skills: Telekinesis, Zeus' Eye (makes it easier for him to recognize Hades' minions)
Weaknesses: All weaknesses that apply to humans apply to Kalan
Other: None

Name: Athena
Appearance: Appears to Kalan in a ghostly form, grey eyes, silver hair
Personality: Very wise and smart, but has no sense of humor
History: Once a great Greek goddess, she was killed by Hades but managed to transfer her essence and knowledge into a necklace
Skills: Knowledge, power transfer (this is how Kalan gets his power)
Weaknesses: None (she's immortal)
Other: none

Name: Hades
Appearance: 7 feet tall, red skin, normally wears suit of armor, battle-scarred face, long, black hair, black eyes
Personality: Usually angry, very sarcastic
History: While we all know the story of how Hades came to be, this is a story of betrayal and anger. Hades, tired of his constant defeat at the hands of the other gods, decided it was time to kill off all his fellow immortals. He waited until he had an army large enough to overwhelm even Ares' mighty power. He unleashed them upon the immortals and watched as they were all slaughtered. The only one left was Zeus. Hades had instructed his army to detain him (Zeus) until he arrived. He wanted to kill his most hated enemy himself. With his mighty arm, he hefted the Spear of Achilles over his head and struck his brother down. "Earth is mine to command!" He however, underestimated Earth's peoples' will to survive and was defeated in battle. However, due to his immortality to non-magical weapons, he was only sent screaming back to the Underworld. Now he waits, planning, knowing that the time for Earth to fall by his hand is near.
Skills: Immortality, expertise with many weapons, can control fire
Weaknesses: Is sent back to the Underworld when dealt a killing blow by a non-magical weapon, killed when dealt one by a magical weapon
Other: Is deathly afraid of water

NEW CHARACTERS:
New characters should be introduced in an RPG storybook style format, and should be described with this:

Name:
Appearance: (Includes attire)
Personality:
History:
Skills:
Weaknesses:
Other: (Phobias, problems, etc.)

PLOT:
Hades has killed off the other gods and is planning to wipe out the entire human race. Athena finds and is in the process of training a man who has the power to defeat Hades and save the earth, a man we will refer to only as Kalan.

Crucial Events:
Hades will die in the end, but this is the only crucial plot point. Kalan also may not die, as he is irreplaceable in the story. Otherwise, feel free to do as you wish with the story.

The first post will follow soon. I just wanted to see who would be interested in helping with this story. Also try to come up with a title, as I'm fairly certain no one is going to want to read a book called "Untitled Story." But yeah, anyways, have fun and be as creative as possible.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:44 pm
View Likes
Gingerhead says...

GREETINGS, ROMAN!
Right-ho! I bags HADES! No questions asked!

(besides, this way I wont have to make a character profile :) )
Down once more into the dungeons of my black despair. Down we plunge into the prisons of my mind.....- Phantom of the opera

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 am
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

I'm confused - Hades is a God. It's not possible for a God to die.
Live, Love, Laugh

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:00 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Athena please :D
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

Reviews: 4
Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 pm
View Likes
specsbroodking says...

Thanks to all the responses. I wasn't exactly meaning for this to turn into an RPG storybook, but come what may. The first post should be up soon, as I said. And to @fictionfanatic, gods can die if they're killed with magical weaponry, i.e. Spear of Achilles.

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault