z

Young Writers Society

After the Massacre

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:06 am
Via says...

Ela Bullbear

Ela kept her eyes closed as she heard her husband leaving the teepee. She knew he worried about her, and quite honestly she preferred a bit more alone time these days, so Ela pretended to be sleeping for both their sakes.

She sighed heavily as she heard his footsteps walking away. Ela knew her husband was the only reason she was alive--the only reason Narsimha was alive and the only reason she was able to cuddle her babe of only a few months currently. But, she was unable to stop thinking about the two children she lost in the massacre.

She and Blind Wolf had given their newborn daughter the name Lolotea, meaning "gift from god." It didn't matter what god--nothing mattered anymore--but they knew this child was a gift of the greatest measure. She almost wasn't born. Ela pulled Lolo closer to her in the bed and smoothed the black hair atop her head.

"Mama! Mama!"

Narsimha stuck his head into the teepee--Ela hadn't heard him leave this morning. He must have gotten up quite early.

She put her finger to her mouth to hush her 9 year old sun--Lolo was still sleeping, and she knew it would be a long day ahead.

With a whisper she answered, "yes?"
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights