z

Young Writers Society

Apprentice Wars **Permission Only**

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:38 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Reva Airdronac/ watching Rayden go nuts

I stared in shock as a stranger, albeit a vaguely familiar stranger, but strange to me all the same, took it upon himself to defend me. I fell to my knees and tried to watch what was going on, but was hit by a wave of dizziness.

Master! I need to heal you! Kitty cried, rushing to my side, but my attention was captured by the fight ensuing before me.

No no Kitty. I will be able to support myself on your staff form, just go ahead and switch back into your regular form. I responded, falling to my hands and feeling them begin to buckle beneath me. My arm with the arrow wound shook and I tried to ignore the pain.

Master...

Kitty, go. Go into your weapon form. Now.
I commanded, hardening my voice so that she would obey, and feeling her shift. Doing so made the arrows that had been sticking into her fall to the ground, leaving her there among them, but no longer pierced. I reached out a shaky hand and grabbed the smooth wood of her weapon form and used it to pull myself up, trying to get my shaking legs to hold me up. They held, and I took strength at the thought. That meant I had been tormented with Kitty's pain as well. It also meant that I was strong enough to handle this on my own. The pain was manageable. I turned my attention on the man who saved me, and wondered what I could do to help him, how I could give him the edge he needed in this fight.

So I held out my hand, the one that wasn't attached to an arm that held an arrow, and let a dagger form out of light there. It had been a long time since I used the technique, but I was sure my aim was still spot on. I took aim and threw, watching as the dagger narrowly missed my saviors neck, only to bury itself into the throat of his opponent. Bulls eye.
Llamas do not have six packs

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:51 am
Shadowlight says...

Rayden/With Reva in part of maze:

I jerked back as a dagger seemingly made of light narrowly missed my neck.

"What the crap woman!?" Dante bawled from above me somewhere, "He is trying to help you!-don't kill him you wretch!" I rolled my eyes and watched the man before me, the life ebbing from him slowly as he blood flowed from the gash in his neck- but he was still fighting it, in his eyes are saw the fear of death.

"Just give in to it, you'll feel better." I said to him, it was something I had often said to those I had killed, he glared.

"Go to hell." he burbled, I was shocked he could still talk with that knife in his neck. I turned to face the woman now slumped behind me, I was just about to ask if she was alright when I felt a knife graze my back. I hissed him pain and faced the man again to receive another cut from his dagger, this time across my chest and when he drew it back a small nick on my cheek.

"Rayden what the heck are you doing you bloody idiot!? Dodge him for heavens sake!" Dante screamed again diving, the key in his claws.

In truth I was having trouble, my lungs hurt and breathing was becoming harder.

"Shut it!" I hoarsely called back, the man somehow not dead yet charged me then, dagger upraised. I acted more on instinct than anything else and struck.

He fell with a blackened burned hole punched through his gut, and I fell clutching my chest coughing. Dark blood began spattering the ground before me and my vision swam. I was struggling for breath now, mouth agape trying to breath, and not to choke on the blood my dying lungs were constantly leaching.

Last edited by Shadowlight on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

17 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:04 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Reva Airdronac/ attacking Rayden in the maze

I kept throwing the daggers, but this time, I changed my aim a little bit. I was throwing to keep him away from me, to keep him from turning on me. He didn't have a ranged weapon, so keeping him at a distance would keep Kitty and I safe. It would keep us much safer than trusting a familiar stranger who had done one redeeming thing.

I planted Kitty firmly, trying to keep my balance as he started dodging my attacks.

But then he doubled over coughing. Not just a small cough either, but a full on, hacking cough. And then I saw blood.

Watching him collapse to the ground, helpless, was like deja vu. It was so similar to the way he would have an attack all those years ago, it sent me into a panic. I didn't think it was the same man, but that didn't really matter.

Master, don't- Kitty cried as I rushed forward, ignoring all my pain in the pounding of my heart.

I reached out and pressed my hand to his back, releasing my healing energy into him in an attempt to soothe his cough.

The drain on my energy wasn't immediate. In fact, I felt great right after I did it. I somehow felt that by saving this man, it was making up for not being able to save the other.

42 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:18 am
Shadowlight says...

Rayden/With Reva in part of maze:

All of a sudden the pain in my lungs was soothed, like water to fire something blessedly cool calmed my breathing.

I knelt there gasping on my hands and knees, head swimming from the restriction in air I had gone through- they were getting worse with each attack. When I had recovered slightly I lifted my eyes and looked at the girl...

-Oh my god...

I was about to speak when another fit of coughing seized me and I doubled over groaning.

"Hey are you alright?" she asked gently grabbing my shoulders, Dante flapped about her help.

"Of course he's not alright you Hussy! He's worked himself into a royal state!" He squawked, the girl shot him a glare and I felt him falter.

"Rayden is that?!" he cried into my mind, but I barely herd him. I was suffocating!
I couldn't breath properly and having her hands on my shoulder- so slight a weight they were- felt like mill stones. I struggled to my feet and scrambled to a standing position and leaned back against the wall head lolling to the side gasping. She would have started after me if I hadn't put a hand up.

"No! please," cough, gasp, "I'll be-" gasp, bloody cough, "fine in just a moment." I finished in a rush, leaning down on my knees, willing my dying lungs to still their death throws.

After a eternity of a moment, my breathing had calmed and I stood up unsteadily.

"There now," I said, my voice more it's usual bass. "See? what did I tell you, just fine."

Dante landed on my shoulder then and pecked my ear.

"Idiot." he muttered, flexing a wing.

17 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:27 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Reva Airdronac/ with Rayden in the maze

I eyed the man warily, my hand clenching Kitty's staff tightly. I knew, on some level that I wasn't going to get out of this hell hole they called a maze on my own, not in the condition I had reached. And I knew that with how helpless he had been only moments before, he wasn't either.

"See? What did I tell you? Just fine."

I straightened, still feeling a bit of distrust in my gaze. "Do you have a key?" I asked softly.

His eyes narrowed in suspicion, and before he could ask any questions I held out my own.

"I'm not asking to steal it." I snapped, but wasn't annoyed. I was a bit grateful that he didn't completely trust me either, it made me feel better about not believing this man was up to any good at all. His face was just too familiar for me to believe him without knowing his identity. "It looks to me, like you're just as weak as me right now. Neither of us can make it through alone. So how about we make a deal."

"What would you suggest?"

"I help you get to the middle of the maze, and we call the debt I just incurred by letting you save my life even." I responded immediately and waited for him to reply...

42 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:45 am
Shadowlight says...

Rayden/ maze with Reva:

I looked at her, my eyes roving over her face- no matter how long it had been I could not forget those eyes.

-Reva...

"Well?" she said, hand still outstretched, I wiped the blood from my lips and grinned wryly.

"As much as I hate to admit it- you couldn't make it to the middle all alone. Sure, I'll help you get there." her face was an open book surprise and indignant rage, I snickered then wished i hadn't, my chest tightened ominously.
"But seriously," I continued quickly, "I'd be happy for the assertion of numbers."

I stood to my full height, towering over her, I looked over her injuries.

"You okay? you look worse than I do." she tossed her head and winced.

"I'll be fine."

-Still as proud as ever....

"Why don't you tell her it's you Moron!?"
Dante asked pecking me again, I mentally shushed him.

I'm not sure if it is- well I- I could feel him roll his eyes.

"Rayden don't be an Idiot!"

"Come on." She said nodding off to the left hand path, I fell in behind her.

"Sure thing Re-lead the way." I hastily corrected myself

"Nice going." Dante grumbled, I ignored him.

17 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:54 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Reva Airdronac/ in the maze with Rayden

"Sure thing Re- lead the way."

I glanced over my shoulder in shock, it had sounded like he was about to say my name, like he had stopped himself before he did so.

Do you know that man Master? Kitty asked blatantly.

Of course not. He looks familiar, like an old melody I've all but forgotten, but I have no idea who he could be. I responded immediately, feeling myself stiffen at the idea. I really did recognize him. But as I ran through my memories, I couldn't find a match to his face. No matter what memory I chose, he didn't fit it. He was either too big, too tall, or too different. Who on earth was he?

Well then, there isn't any way that he could know you, is there? She reasoned, setting my worries at ease. She was right, he was probably just another man that looked too familiar. Most blonde men did anyway.

Of course. Now what was the way to the center?

She sent me a mental picture of the course we needed to take, and I limped on, doing my best to hold my head high and not show any weakness.

17 Reviews

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:43 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Reva Airdronac/ in the maze with Rayden

((Well, no one posted in twenty four hours, so I'm adding more))

You know Master, I am feeling much better now, I could carry you. Kitty offered after a few minutes.

I allowed a grimace to cross my face and threw a surreptitious glance back at the man following me. Yes, but I owe that man my life Kitty. If I get him out of here unscathed then I can call that debt paid.

No... You will still owe him...
She murmured thoughtfully. He saved your life, you just soothed his cough and led him out of a maze. Technically you still owe him.

I sighed heavily. She was right, of course she was right. I cursed lightly under my breath, and turned another corner. There, at the end, was a huge oak door that was between two walls. I took a deep breath and pulled it open, and froze. Through the door was... Nothing.

It was like the world dropped off into pitch blackness, leaving nothing else. No floor, no walls, and especially no light. I slid my hand in, watching in horror as it completely disappeared, before I yanked it back.

"The heck?" I asked, examining my hand, and looking at the emptiness beyond the doorway.

Kitty? I don't want to step into that.... I murmured, feeling my horror grow. I was a light Magician, I made light. I could always see, and things were always bright to me, but in there, I sensed nothing. It made me uneasy knowing that no matter what happened I wouldn't be able to see a thing.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Leahweird says...

Sebastian

I felt the elation of the first person to find the door. Then there was a sense of confusion, and the person I was “listening” to disappeared. That was a bit disturbing. In any case, I now knew where the door was, and how to get to it. I needed to find my sister.

I turned to my new companion. She must have noticed my little trip into the subconscious, because she was staring at me again.

“If you tell me your name,” I told her, “you can come with me while I find my sister and I’ll show you where the door is.”

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec