z

Young Writers Society

Whitney High (Starting Now/Closing Soon)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:06 pm
View Likes
*coco says...

Mia James

“But, Briar-” before Mia could ask what was going on, Briar was already out of the front door. With a look of confusion, she turned to Cameron. “What the heck is Eben doing here?”

Cameron frowned, looking around them nervously. “I dunno, but I think we should find him. Quickly.”

Biting her bottom lip, Mia nodded and the two of them pushed their way through the crowds to try to find him. In all the chaos around them, Mia whipped out her Blackberry and dialled Eben’s number, hoping he’d make her life easier and answer. Unfortunately, he didn’t.

“Asshole,” she muttered, pocketing her cell. She and Cameron carried on pushing through the crowds and eventually found themselves in Linda’s kitchen. They scanned the faces of the crowd of people there, but Eben was nowhere to be seen.

“This is hopeless!” Mia said in frustration. “How are we supposed to find him with all these people?”

“Uh, I think we just have,” said Cameron. He was pointing to the kitchen window looking out into the backyard. Mia could just about make out Eben talking to Lindsay who was sitting on the porch steps.

Rolling her eyes, half in annoyance, and half in frustration, Mia followed Cameron out into the backyard to see Eben and Lindsay in the middle of a conversation.

“C-mon, Eben! Stop being such a prude. I can handle it!” Lindsay was protesting.

Eben just stood there with a smirk on his face, shaking his head. “No way, little girl. You can’t even handle a few bottles of cheap beer-”

“Why the hell did you not pick up your phone?!” Mia yelled at him, stopping him mid-sentence. She threw a quick glance at a hungover-looking Lindsay before returning her attention back to her brother. “What are you even doing here, anyway?”

Eben just raised a patronising brow. “I could ask you the same question.”

Mia scowled. “Look, I don’t know what’s going on here, but Briar seemed pretty scared when she told me to get you out of here.”

Before Eben could ask why, the whaling of police sirens could be heard in the distance. Mia’s eyes snapped to Eben and watched his face instantly pale. She didn’t even get a chance to question him before he grabbed her elbow.

“We’ve gotta get out of here. Now!” he told her.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare