z

Young Writers Society

Character Cafe

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 pm
Lornydoo says...

I'm so out of breath that I barley notice the guy with the sword come in ....
He smiles at me an amber ..... both gasping for air after our very short battle ...

"Why are you helping us?"
so far there were a boy who can put his head back on his sholders .... a gryphon .... a dragon warrior ... and ME .... All fighting ambers battles ...

To be comletly honest I dont even know how to fight! I know how to use a kitchen knife but thats it .... I hate being a boring waitress in a small out of the ordinary villiage ....
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

Reviews: 1
Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:02 pm
mvb627 says...

I turned around. "Because I'm bored with my life, so I come in, see danger and I help." Picking up the demon by the scruff of his neck, I yelled for my dragon. Her snout came down, and she ate the demon.
Kirby is my friend!

(o.o) <----- Raccoon is watching you.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:34 am
SerenityCross says...

I silently open the door of the cafe, out of habit more than anything else.I glanced around. apart from a man being served by a girl, and a dangerous-looking man-thing, the place was deserted. I walkind over to the table closest to the door, again out of habit. I sighed. Hunting down those horror killers had really taken it's toll on me. As there was clearly a lack of staff, I settled down to wait. I began peeling off the crusty blood which clung to my fingernails, which I had all but given up on cleaning off. My double-sided machete pressed against my side, but I didn't make any move to draw it. It was conforting having it there and I didn't want to scare the other people who were here. I might face off against Immortal killing machines every other day, but they did not.
Trust is like a mirror, able to be fixed if broken, but you can still see the cracks.

Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes but to save themselves, to survive as individuals.

16 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:35 am
SerenityCross says...

I silently open the door of the cafe, out of habit more than anything else.I glanced around. apart from a man being served by a girl, and a dangerous-looking man-thing, the place was deserted. I walkind over to the table closest to the door, again out of habit. I sighed. Hunting down those horror killers had really taken it's toll on me. As there was clearly a lack of staff, I settled down to wait. I began peeling off the crusty blood which clung to my fingernails, which I had all but given up on cleaning off. My double-sided machete pressed against my side, but I didn't make any move to draw it. It was conforting having it there and I didn't want to scare the other people who were here. I might face off against Immortal killing machines every other day, but they did not.
Trust is like a mirror, able to be fixed if broken, but you can still see the cracks.

Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes but to save themselves, to survive as individuals.

16 Reviews

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:36 am
SerenityCross says...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:42 pm
MoonlightMayhem says...

A girl wearing skinny dark jeans and a dark navy T-Shirt that says Moonlight Malfunction on it, along with an album cover on the shirt, featuring a fancy drink with a mini-umbrella and a faded black twisty tree in the background, walks into the cafe. She walks over to the cashier and asks for a hot chocolate with marshmellows and whipped cream, and adds a bendy straw.
Music <3

Death Cab for Cutie - Funeral For A Friend - A Day To Remember - Taking Back Sunday - Safetysuit - There For Tomorrow - OneRepublic - All American Rejects - Yellowcard - Motion City Soundtrack

Reviews: 4
Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 pm
crmcgill says...

I walk into the Cafe, trying to conceal my dagger with my green cloak. The girl at the counter looks at my bloodstained dress dubiously, but I still order a glass of ice, cringing inwardly at the Irish accent that nobody else seems to have. I have been flying for hours, trying to get away from the Tuatha de Danaan, the evil fairy court that has tried to get me to marry their High Prince. My feet are chapped and bleeding from wearing no shoes, so I rub them, trying to get feeling back into the pinky toe. The place is deserted, except for a man-beast, a girl covered in blood with a machette, and another girl wearing a t-shirt for a band that I've never heard of. Then again, I've been with the Seelie Court for the last few months, so I have no room to talk. The girl with the machette glanced at the dagger on my hip, so I drew it and placed it on the counter, reminding myself that I have a mission. I just stopped to rest. I have to stop the High King of the Tuatha de Danaan from being elected as the prime Minister of the Irish Parliament.
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:36 pm
Hecate says...

I see the ad for a waitress and think to myself, what the hell? I might as well earn an extra buck while I'm on the run. I walk in and am immediately startled by the freak show inside, but also by the sick scent of blood that makes its way to my nostrils almost instantly. I stare at the girl and wonder if she knows how potent her scent is? Probably not. I shake my head, trying to distract myself from the odd smell. I walk up to the counter, next to the bleeding girl, and, completely ignoring her, speak to the girl behind the counter:

'Hello. I'm Blaze Riley and I saw your ad for a waitress. Is the position still available?' I flash them my biggest smile, revealing a perfect set of white teeth, but...no fangs, I hope. Though judging by the startled expression of some of the people around me, I may not have succeeded as well as I'd hoped. Dang. I really have to work on that.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:27 am
June3 says...

Diamond and I crashed into the ground, from what, I don't quite remember. But, when I opened my eyes, and got up, I realized that neither Diamond or I had been scratched. I the dragon, carefully, just in case I had an internal injury. I looked around, and the first thing I noticed was.... What? Impossible! I could not believe my eyes. Right in the middle of nowhere was this... Cafe! I ordered Diamond to rest, and I went to get a closer look at the small store.
I was right, it was in fact a cafe. It was a small, square building, with large glass windows, framed with red and light brown wood. Inside I could see several people in side, including one who suspiciously was peeling blood from his fingers. There was no sign to say whether it was opened, but I did not truly care. I drew my sword, and angled my crown, so it centered on my head. I walked in, keeping the sword low to my side, so I would not raise panic. A small bell rang above me upon entering, and then all eyes turned toward me. I know I must have looked terrifying, with my horrible scar along the side of my face, and mud on a good part of my white dress. I kept moving in, my sword still lowered.
"Who are you?" asked a tall woman in an apron, serving a small girl some coffee.
"My name is Jennaveir De'Winter" I answered. "Queen of Isis." Then, the sent hits me. The world freezes around me, and my senses locked on the sent. It was so strong I could almost see it, if that is even possible. I slowly turned, and looked at the strange girl, which I had earlier watched peel blood from her nails. But, I quickly realized, that the blood was coming from a young woman, wearing a blood stained dress, and no shoes. I met her gaze, but her worried eyes quickly turned away. I looked around again, a young girl with skinny jeans, a half beast half human, and that young girl with a machete. All, had looks of worry, and exhaustion, and I realized that these people meant no harm. I sheathed my sword, and took a seat in a small chair, near the low table, where most of the people were resting. I ordered a frappachino, one of the few pleasures I missed from my days on Earth.
"Why are you here?" asked the woman in the green cloak. She put the tips of her fingers against her small dagger. "How did you get here?" I scanned the girl, she wasn't attempting to be hostile, nor giving a silent threat. Her green eyes spoke only of weariness, and a broken heart.
"Why am I here? I am not so sure. My dragon and I crashed nearby, and I do not remember much before hand. But, I remember a battle... Ah, yes, it's coming back to me now."
"A battle? We don't have battles around here!" said the woman in the apron. "Where are you from?" I chuckled.
"Where I am from, and how I ended up in that battle is a long, exhausting story, and I am sure, each of yours follows the same description."
"Oh, please, do tell." said a young girl in tight jeans a a t-shirt. Then, my frappachino arrived, and, after thanking the woman with the apron, I said, "but, I'd first like to hear yours, but only if you are willing, and maybe... maybe I shall tell you my sad tale."
There once was a women named Kent,
Whose nose was rather quite bent.
One day I suppose,
She followed her nose,
And nobody knows where she went.
-Unknown

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 am
crmcgill says...

A woman with a huge scar over her face, wearing a muddy white dress and carrying a sword came into the cafe, sitting next to me and ordering a frappechino. She introduced herself as Jennaveir De'Winter, Queen of Isis. It took all of my willpower to not roll my green eyes. Even I almost never used my full name, High Princess Aine of the Seelie Court. This woman was wearing a crown and while she observed the room and the odd mixure of people, I absentmidedly straightened my own golden circlet on my white hair. She gave me an odd look, keeping her sword down. I guess that being thirteen had it's perks. Nobody assumes that I'm a threat. But it might have been the fact that I'm albino. Her sword did make me nervous, though, so I touched my own golden dagger. She might have been lying about her name. What if she was a Tuatha de Danaan soldier, coming to drag me back to marry that awful High Prince Waylon? I didn't want to marry him! I kept my gaze on her from being too suspicious, though. My instrutors had tought me well. "Why are you here? How did you get here?" I wince inwardly at my accent again; I should really try to hind it more. Being without shoes was enough.
The woman said something about her dragon and said that all she remembered was a battle. That perked my intrest. Even though I was barely a teenager, I had been in my fair share of battles. The twin knife cuts above my white eyebrows were proof of that. The other's encouraged her to tell about her story, and the woman said to a waitress who had said she had a sad story about a battle as well, "but, I'd first like to hear yours, but only if you are willing, and maybe... maybe I shall tell you my sad tale."
I settled in, still rubbing the ice on my cracked, chapped feet, eager to hear the story. "I'd like to hear this story as well. Maybe I'll even tell my own." I chuckled, remembering the circumstances of my last battle, and what had fueled the flames for an all out war between the Seelie and the Tuatha da Danaan. "It's a good story, but very sad."

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:56 am
View Likes
June3 says...

I looked at the young girl, with caution. But, then, instantly, it hit me.
"No need, child." I said. "You High Princess Aine of the Seelie Court, by the gashes, you've been traveling for quite some time now, running even. By your eyes, you've seen your fair share of battles. Far too many..." Her emerald eyes bugged.
"How-how could you have possibly have known that?" she winced again.
"No need to hide your voice child, your enemy cannot hear." she hesitated, but she slowly straightened.
"What you have said is true," she narrowed her eyes. "But, I refuse to speak any further until you tell your 'oh so sad tale.'" I sighed, I glanced at each face that now had a dark look about them.
"Alright, I must admit, coming in with my sword demanding for answers was a little uncalled for, and for that you have my apologies." the expressions turned to glaring. "I know you all have suffered much. You've spent your lives fighting, running, resisting, and above all, watching more bloodshed than one would ever wish to see. So, before I continue, you must understand, I am not complaining."
"Alright." said Aine.
"My name was not always Jennavier, or at least, I thought it wasn't always. I spent a fair number of years in a small town on Earth, where I was nothing, a nobody, a freak. But, then I discovered very quickly that I was more powerful than I could ever imagine, but, my power came with a price."
"And that oh-so-horrible price would be?" said a girl in jeans and a t-shirt, and bright red lipstick, and sharp fangs. "I mean, you keep pausing like your all that and whatever, but guess what? Half of here has crap to deal with too!" I looked her straight in the eyes, her cold, dark eyes.
"Amor sanguinis" I chanted. "Silentium!" Immediately, her mouth locked shut, and she slammed back onto the couch. "As I was saying, my price was that I was destined to destroy all evil that haunts us each night, but in order to do so... I was to die."
"But, you're right here." said the woman with the apron.
"Yes, I cheated death, because I fell in love." I said with a sigh.
"And how is that supposed to work?" asked Aine, with a quizzical look on her face. I chuckled, everyone sat at the edge of their seats, waiting to hear more.
"Honestly, the concept was never explained to me." I lied. "But, their are just some things, that must be left unexplained. But, honestly, if I told you any more... I would put you in grave danger." Aine rolled her eyes. I stared deep into her eyes, my cold stare was no match for this wood nymph. "What is so funny? I told my story, and now, it is your turn... unless, anyone else wishes to tell their tale."
There once was a women named Kent,
Whose nose was rather quite bent.
One day I suppose,
She followed her nose,
And nobody knows where she went.
-Unknown

Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 am
crmcgill says...

I gave Jennavier a defiant look. "It is funny because you said that if you told more, then you'd put us all in grave danger. I've been in grave danger more than once, and I'm obviously alive. I understand that you can't say anything, though, and I'll respect that."
I looked around at the people surrounding us. They looked far from trustworthy, but I had my ways of keeping mouths shut. "There seems to be no harm in telling my story, as long as you all swear that you will not tell anybody." They all nodded assent, so I settled down to begin.
My voice changed from my Irish accent to the accent I had spoken with in my old life. I had once been a Southern Belle. "I was born the High King Oberon and High Queen Titania. Just hours after my birth, the Unseelie Court attacked, hoping to kill me and take over my throne. I barely escaped with two bodyguards who acted as my parents. For almost thirteen years, I lived in Georgia, believing myself to be human. I was mocked at school for my hair and my skin. Apparently, they believe that being white is good, but I was too white."
They nodded, still not seeming impressed. "Well, I finally found out who I was and I went back to Ireland to take my throne. My second day home, the Unseelie COurt tried to kill me again." I took off my cape, revealing the puckered pink scar that ran across my collarbones.
"I killed the boy who was sent to do the job. And thank goodness the healers are very skilled at what they do. Anyways, I started my training, and I became very good with my dagger and bow."
I skipped the part where I had accidentally talked myself into going to a local Human School, and learning that the Unseelie were placing changelings. It wasn't crucial to my story. "Through some misunderstandings, we were about to go to war with the Unseelie. Then we recieved a letter from the Unseelie general. A new fairy tribe had conqured them, and was forcing them to work in mines as slaves. They were called the Tuatha de Danaan. And they came for us. They forced me to work in a mine, hauling rocks and being whipped whenever I didn't work fast enough."
I turned, my dress was low cut enough in the back to show my back. It was covered with lumpy scars, criss-crossing in a horrid pattern. Some of the whip marks were fresh, still oozing blood. I could hear the gasps and the woman who had brought me the ice for me feet got another cup, trying to stuanch the blood flow.
I continued. "I decided that I needed to stop it. I created a diversion, which earned me these two scars. "I touched the scars above my eyebrows. "And I left to find help. I searched for weeks, until I finally found a group of leperchauns whi were willing to help. I won my Court's freedom, but in return I was forced to sing into a marriage agreement with the High Prince of the Tuatha de Danaan. I just barely escaped from the wedding ceremony. Just a few days ago, I saw the High King of the Tuatha de Danaan, Lorcan, on television. He is running for the Prime Minister of Ireland. and I must stop him. If he is voted into office, he will do to the world what he has done to me."

Just call me Gill!

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Spoiler! :
So, I'm going to pretend that while I was gone some random person's dragon didn't just eat my Wildercat. Because that was crazy XD. Anyhow, I'm moving on from Delirumorsus since on this page it seems that the waitress posistion is suddenly available, the room is not ripped to shreds, we're suddenly in first person, and Marcus, Carol, Amber, and Aoife have all just dissapeared O.o

I walk into the cafe, and survey the room. It seems quiet enough, and from the sort of people I can see, I can tell that they won't be shocked by the presence of an Angel. I don't have long before I have to go and find my mortal, maybe a few days at most. I can't waste time now, not when more and more Guardian Demon's are being sent up by the order of The Destroyer. I take a seat in the corner, and wait.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:00 pm
PixieStix says...

Selene- http://data.whicdn.com/images/10892516/ ... _large.jpg

I walk into the cafè stunned to see I was the only gurl with 4 guns connected to her belt. I laughed and sat down at the bar. "can i get a beer?" i asked. "too young" they said. "ughhhh" i threw my gun on the bar. "just get me one." i said "i'd never thought I'd need to use this." I said grinning. He nodded and got my drink. I put my gun on my belt again. Smiling i said, "thanks." the guy at the bar was hittin on me. Gross. He was probrably about 21. Im only 18. Well in vampire years im about 500 years.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:04 pm
MariaRowlands says...

Elana: Lorrie! :D
Lorana: *Looks up from her Newspaper.* Ellie! What are u doing here? :o
Elana: Nothing. U? :wink: :P
L: Isn't it obvous? 8)
E: WHat is going on here? :?
L: Dunno? :?:
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson