z

Young Writers Society

Character Cafe

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:00 pm
Lornydoo says...

hello there!! This is where you can role play your characters .... only twist is that it is set in a cafe .... Have fun ... oh and keep it E(everyone) :)

As I go to the door of the coral cafe , I can't help thinking " When's closing time??!!"
Even though I own the place doesn't mean I get to sit around telling people what to do. I'm the manager , the waitress , the cook , the cleaner and everything else in between! I'm fed up of all this work ... it's only when I get my apron on I realize that I don't have to do this on my own ... All I have to do is put an ad in the paper... perfect!

(The ad in the paper)
Cafe Staff Wanted
Cook:
12 hour shifts.
6.50 an hour.
Cleaner:
13 hour shifts
4.50 an hour
(Extra hour for cleaning dishes)
Waitress:
12 hour shifts
5.00 an hour

call 128463
Carol Coleman
Last edited by Lornydoo on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Believe That A Writers Life Is Much More Exciting Then Anyone Else's! xx

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:16 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Amber walks in, giving the place a look over. She realizes with a start that she is the cafe's first customer and shyly smiles at the owner. "Um...your open right?"

22 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:02 pm
Lornydoo says...

I turn around and notice a girl walk in ....
She asks if we are open ....

" Yes yes .. take a seat , I'll be with you in a minute"

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

She walks in and takes a table near the window, admiring the beautiful day outside. She takes off the heavy hooded cloak she was wearing, revealing a small tawny Gryphon draped sleepily across her shoulders. It uncurls its long feathery tail from from around her neck and slowly walks down her arm and onto the table, careful not to scratch anything with its razor sharp talons. The gryphon stares the owner down fiercely, daring her to come on step closer. Amber smiles and stroke's the gryphon's head fondly, "Calm down Aoife, we are guests here," She looks at the owner, "I'll have a warm coffee, and a raw steak for my friend here."

22 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:57 pm
Lornydoo says...

I watch the girl carefully as she pets her gryphon .
At first i thought the small creature looked kinda cute but as it turned towards me I could see a small dose of hostility in its eyes . Obviously protective over its owner.
The girl orders a warm coffee and a raw steak for the gryphon ... As I walk towards the kitchen ... I have an idea ... a very clever idea.
I could try to offer this girl a job here .... a job at coral cafe .... a chance to work with me ! The (no so) Amazing Carol coleman... the woman who has worked every day for the whole of her life her without anyhelp. Gods know I deserve the rest!

As I finish her tea and grab a steak from the freezer to defrost , I look back at her table only to find salt and pepper everywhere!
Must be the gryphon I thought.

I walk back out carrying her tea and the steak on a silver serving tray.
"Here you are! and may I ask why my salt and pepper shakers are smahsed??"

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:19 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Amber's face reddens in embarrassment as she tries quickly to brush the pepper and salt into a little pile. "I...um...I...well you see Aoife like's shiny things and you see...well, she was attracted to the light shinning off of them. She was only being curious, oh, I'm so so very sorry. I'll clean it up! I promise!" Amber continues desperately trying to clean up the helpless mess. The gryphon looks up at the owner, salt and pepper speckled over her face and fur. A curious light comes into her eyes as she spots the raw steak on the shiny silver platter. Amber knowing all to well what was about to happen tries to grab the gryphon but too late, the Gryphon launches itself at Carol, sending the silver tray crashing to the floor but not before neatly grabbing the steak in her talons and landing on the curtain rods above the window. She looks at the now coffee soaked humans below her, quite proud of the mess she has created. Amber can only look in horror at the owner, her silver tray bent, the coffee cup crashed to bits. She hangs her head dejectedly, "Any chance I could work off the damages...I'm quite low on cash you see..."

22 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:26 pm
View Likes
Lornydoo says...

I'm completely shocked at the amount of mayhem and mess one tiny little creature can create. For I while ,not knowing how to respond to such an odd question , I just stand there staring at the girl.
"Yes ... Yes you must work of the damages ... Starting tomorow! Are you any good at cooking? .... Oh and of course .... What is your name dear?" I ask her .

I start to clean up the broken coffee cup and the bent silver tray while the girl tries to coax the gryphon down from the curtain pole. To be very honest I would rather let it stay there! At least it may not create such a havoc!

30 Reviews

Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:39 pm
Justlittleoleme says...

Amber finally manages to coax Aoife down, but only after she has finished off the steak. Still feeling quite full of herself the Gryphon leaps down from the curtain rod and onto her mistresse's shoulders. Nuzzling Amber's neck in apology she lets out a meaty burp and settles down for a nap. The second the Gryphon shuts it's eyes Amber flips up the hood of cloak, hiding the gryphon once again. She turns toward the owner, "My name's Amber, I'm not much of a cook but I will certainly give it a shot." She offers out her hand, "Shall we shake on it then?"

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:53 pm
Elena_Ravenhill says...

Marcus walks in looking around the place for a table, in his hand his booksbag and a newpaper under his arm.
He sighed tiredly, as he walked towards a table for two. Looking around for someone to take his order or something. He smiled lightly as he took his newpaper in hand and began to read.
Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em.

Twelfth Night - William Shakespeare

30 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:15 am
Justlittleoleme says...

The owner shakes Amber's hand and excuses herself for a moment. Amber turns toward the process of cleaning up the remaining salt and pepper when she sees a man with a book bag walk in. He's seems tired but somehow content. Since he took a seat for two she assumes that he must be waiting for someone. She quickly finishes up with her chore and then looks at him, vaguely wondering if she should take his order...Aoife sqwuaks from with in her hood, peeking her head out to see what her mistress is so intent on. Seeing the man her eye's narrow and her feather's rise, Amber shoves her head back within the confines of the hood, "You stay in there, you've done enough damage for one day!"

22 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:38 am
Lornydoo says...

As I begin to make a cup of coffee to replace the last one , I see a young man walk in with a newpaper in his arms.
I automatically walk out to serve him but then realise that maybe I should let our new employee show what she can do.
Amber turns her head towards me seeking some sort of approval .... I nod back at her and resume with the coffee.
I the gryphon is behaving itself for once ! I watch as Amber approaches the table smiles and says " Can I take your order?"
Its then that I knew I had made a wise choice.

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:13 pm
tinkembell says...

The door swings open as a Wildercat steps across the threshold. Chuckling softly he carries on walking knowing that the sign outside says that 'non-humans' are welcome. If they change their mind - well he'd enjoy the consequences, a picturesque cafe with a little decorating of blood, maybe occaisional limbs scattered around. Right now he needed some peace, time to go over the plans before he went out tracking again. The foolish Katchy was getting deeper into Wildernoir, harder to smell. Still, he liked a challenge or too - the planet might be falling to more destruction but it wasn't fast enough for him. At times he'd even contemplated killing the King, just to see how everyone would cope, but this made those thoughts a distant memory. He sits down at a table and waits for someone to take his order. Surely they can't be that scared?
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

22 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:27 pm
Lornydoo says...

Another customer enters .... he isn't human .... But I'm not sure what he is?!
I can see that amber is busy so I slowly approach the whatever it is.....
"hello sir ... ummm...." He sits there staring menacingly waiting for me to carry on my sentence.
I can feel his eyes burying into my skull....there's a feeling that I get when I'm around him that I just can't get rid of.
A mix of fright and lust .... It draws me towards him but I must keep a professional smile on my face.
"Oh yes sorry I was away with the fairies there! .... What can I get you?"
I smile and get my notepad out....

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:49 pm
tinkembell says...

Eventually a waitress comes over. As she asks him what he'd like, he struggles to reply - as a Wildercat he rarely understands the difficulty of human language, and prefers growls, hisses. "Some raw meat," he says, the words feeling heavy on his tongue. He looks at her pointedly, saying wordlessly that she needs to go and get it, or he'll be leaving. He glances at the surroundings, wondering if anyone could of seen the girl or know where she is headed, somehow he doesn't believe that the only customer (wether he is of Katchy bretheren or otherwise) reading a newspaper would have any information that he doesn't know. Settling down in his seat, he waits for the food.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

22 Reviews

Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:57 pm
Lornydoo says...

The man or thing .... orders a some raw meat?!
Raw meat?? That's a very unusual request .... Unless your a gryphon.
I stand there for a second taking in the mans appearance. But suddenly without warning my body tells me its time to leave ... so I start to walk towards the kitchen . But then I realise what was happening ! Was that man hypnotising me?
I'm sooo confused that without barley knowing what I'm doing I grab a raw chicken ... some steaks and take them out to the man without a plate. What was I thinking!
I've never served anyone this amount of raw meat .... And On top of that without a plate as well??!!
I wait to see his response....

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather