Young Writers Society

The Nevermore Contract(closed)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 pm
View Likes
Secrets13 says...

Nenlia
I limped to my feet and saw Delilah stand up, dazed for a few minutes then ran towards the mutulated figure. I barked out a warning, but she didn't stop. She wrapped her arms around the figure and suddenly a light purple light enveloped them both.
"Nenlia?" Noen's voice reached my ears with a soft gentleness. I looked around and spotted him nearby. He seemed to be coated with blood and his arm hung at an awkward angle, but other than that, He looked fine. I limped over to him and nuzzled my head against his open hand.
"Are you alright?" He asked. I shook my head and motioned to my leg. He knelt beside me, looking it over. I looked back over at the purple light, but I couldn't tell if anything was happeneing, but my attention was pulled back to Noen. My heart screamed with relief when every time I looked at him. I finally pressed my head against his, sighing heavily. Noen didn't move.
"I'm sorry." he finally said. I knew what he meant, he couldn't feel what I was feeling right now, but I didn't care. I just wanted him beside me...I managed to pull my gaze back to the light, preparing for whatever might happen next...
Every answer is only a question away.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:59 pm
View Likes
KindredSpiritBee says...

Cassie Levkov

I stared in shock as the girl and that creature were surrounded by a brilliant violet light. What the...?

"After all, what are best friends for?" The girl's voice carried as I focused on her.

She was... Best friends with that thing? It struck me what a kind person that girl was, I mean she was caring enough for the thing that used to be a woman that tried to kill her. She was... Loving it. It was hard to comprehend that someone could be that forgiving, that kind. She was amazing. I didn't know who she was but that girl had my respect.

I stopped focusing on her to give her the privacy of her own thoughts and looked over the others. Now that the fight was pretty much over, the energy that had been coursing through me was gone. I was winding down, and the aches and pains all over my body were finally making themselves manifest. It was strange, suddenly realizing that I was bleeding in several places, my stockings were torn and one of my shoes was shredded.
Llamas do not have six packs

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:52 pm
View Likes
amygabb says...

[b]Blaze[/b]:
The sun shines straight passed my closed eyelids and the fog in my head, into my eyes. I open them and try to pick myself off the cobblestones. I moan, involuntarily, when I sit up. Every breath I take sends excruciating pain that seems to thrive around my stomach. Then I remember what happened. I remember that I heard my ribs crack when that monster threw me into the statue. What happened? What did that thing want? My head throbs when I attempt to think about it. I examine my arms and find bruises forming almost before my eyes.
A dark boy with glasses offers his hand, which I grab to pull myself up. A hybrid of a sob and a shriek slips from my mouth. I didn’t know anything could hurt so much. I take shallow breaths.
“Something’s definitely broken,” the boy announces.
“No kidding, genius,” a girl with a broken high heel comments as she staggers past.

[b]Fawn[/b]:
Looking around at the others, I got off pretty well. One of the heels of my shoe broke off, so I wobble to the steps of the courtyard to sit. Both of my palms are raw and my face feels like someone hit me with a frying pan. I’ll probably have a black eye tomorrow.
I can deal with these things, the physical stuff. That’s not why I’m shaking. I feel violated. My thoughts and memories are mine. I choose what people can know about me. I hate that that thing could be inside my head. I was never trained for that. I know now that I’m vulnerable. I take a deep breath.
Life is not about how you sing in the sun, it is about how you dance in the rain.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:13 am
View Likes
FadingBrighter says...

Delilah
Suddenly i am back in the library, looking at Jane as she stared out the window and into the icey afternoon. it felt strange, seening her lok so normal, so melancholy after all that had happened.
Jane turned, tears glistening on her cheeks.
"Delilah, i..." she started. Delilah didn't give her a chance to finish. She ran forward, wrapping jane in her arms.
'You don't have to say it." Delilah whispered. Jane's small body shook with the strength of her sobs.
"I, I, i want to. Delilah, you were the only erson who ever saw me. For so long I'd been invisible, and then you came along and with a single word shattered my lonely world.
"I promised myself then and there that I would do everything in my power to make you happy. After all, what are,"
"Friends for." Delilah fineshed for her. Jane smiled sadly, then looked down at the floor.
'But, you were so lucky. Everyone adored you. I was afraid, afraid that in the rush of things that youd forget about me. And then I met Aden.
"Like you, he saw me, despite the fact that no one else did. I...
"And then a man came. He promised me that I could have anything I wanted, anthing in the world if I only put a necklace on. I thought he was crazy. I wanted to toss the necklace away. But I didn't.
"The moment i put it on, I could feel everything bubble to the surface, stronger than before. All my anger and sadness welled over, and suddenly I couldn't control myself." As she said this, Jane squeezed her hand into fists, blood dripping onto the floor from the gouges in her palms.
"Delilah, i broke my promise to you. I hurt people you cared about and I hurt you. Will you ever forgive me?" Dlilah stared at Jane in silence, then laughed. Janes eyes widened in suprise.
'Jane, how could I not?" And then Delilah developed Jane in another hug, and her friend began to sob once again. But this time the tears were not from sadness, but from joy.
"Thank you." she whispered. When Delilah pulled away, her friend had faded almost completely, though the smile on her lips still remained.
"Delilah, before i go, i must tell you something. Something important." Delilah nodded, and Jane leaned forward, whispering something softly into her ear.
Aden
Aden watched in awe as the violet light envelped the two girls.
Delilah, this is your power.
After a moment, Jane's body disappeared in a flash of gold, and Delilah slowly lowered to the ground, the violet light fading. The others ran towards her, despite their wounds. But Aden stood frozen.
Your gift.
The moon tonight had once glowed it's usual pale white, but now it was encircled in red. This was a sign of hardship and terror to come, a sign Aden recognized to well.
And your curse
Fey
He'd fought on the sidelines, doing what he did best.
Nothing.
Because what could he do against this invincible creature. What could he possibley do?
Stand in the shadows and watch over the most precious thing of all.
"Priestess!" Fey cried, running to her side after she had softly landed on the ground.
'My Lady!" Caleb cried, falling to his knees at her side. The others followed suite, each worried for their most loved artifact.
The priestess' eyes fluttered, then opened, revealing their burning depths. Her eyes were the color of twilight, such a deep violet that they could almost be mistaken for black.
"Jane..." she whispered.
"Hey! Look at this!" one of the girls that had been fighting cried, kneeling down beside something that glittered darkly.
"Don't touch that!" Noen said, leaping to his feet. The girl, who had soft red hair and a ken, knowing eyes, smirked.
"Do you think i'm stupid?" she laughed, holding up her hankerchief. Noen glared, not content with her answer. The girl picked the strange object up, brows furled. Another girl walked up behind her, reaching towards it.
"What is it?" she asked.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Everyone turned, the girls gasping in surprise at the sight of the headmaster.
"Sir?"
"Ah, so you've finally come." Aden smiled coldly. The headmaster ignored him, turning to the girls. He stepped forward, taking the hankercheif from the red head.
"Go to the infirmary, get your wounds healed, and rest. I will be expecting all of you in my office in the morning. There is much i must tell you."
“Omnia mutantur, nihil interit (everything changes, nothing perishes).”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:48 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Isabelle

My leg felt as if it was on fire, only with liquid ice as it's fuel. Letting out a long breath, hobbled over to a little group of Knights who had gathered around their Priestess. So she was back, I made a mentle note to talk to her later. For one hundred years these guys had gone without feeling, surely they'd served thier sentence as it were. Maybe she could give the ones who wanted feelings again, thier emotions back... Who knows, I deffinately don't. I nudged Caleb. I could see that his arm still hung at an awkward angle, probably dislocated.
"Hey," I whispered, "Wanna go to the infermary and get patched up? Or you just gonna stand there and gawk at your Priestess?" I tried to say it light heartedly but I know it wouldn't come across the way I'd intended. I got a sharp look by means of reply. "Okay, okay. I didn't mean any ofense. Jeesh!" I muttered limping away. The courtyard had been almost totally destroyed in the fight. Small fires burnt where the gas light fixtures had been shattered, stone statues stood in the wrong places, some even crumbling from mulitlple impacts, the wall I'd crashed into would bare it's dint for a while to come. I entered the main building via the closest door.

Once I'd reached the infermary I was in such disbelief that my head hurt more so than it already did. I couldn't believe that almost all of the schools students hadn't noticed what had been going on just outside, most of the fight took place quite litterally on the other side of the wall they were on. The doctor who tended to me was a pretty water nymph named Alice. All of her features were tinged with blue along with other aqua related colours. Her hair was long and seemed to float as if she were in water, as did her dress. A wonderful saphire colour. Her voice was like a song, and she spoke to me all the time while mending my broken leg. All I wanted to do was fall asleep.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

6 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:59 am
View Likes
Ahnleh says...

Danie

I was absolutely exhausted. How? I hadn't even done anything in the fight, and I had just woken up a few minutes before that. Maybe adrenaline really does take a lot out of you. I'd bet most everyone was just about sleeping on their feet when they all began heading for the infirmary. I stood still for a moment and looked down at myself. I couldn't feel anything that hurt, and I didn't have any major cuts or bruises. Anyway, the nurses would be really busy taking care of everyone else, and I was fine. I turned away from the others and started heading back to the dorm to get some rest, and try to figure out what had just happened.

I stopped and turned when I heard the headmaster clear his throat. "I believe I told you all to go to the infirmary," he said to me, indicating where the others were headed.

"But I'm not even hurt," I tried to tell him, recieving a kind of warning glare. "And the others need a lot more help." He held his stare at me, and I soon caved. "Yes, sir," I said, dipping my head in a nod and walking quickly after everyone else.

One of the nurses working gave me a wierd tasting medicine-juice that was supposed to help me get my energy back, but ever since I just smelled it, I'd been getting more and more tired. The sun was just starting to go down and everything was beginning to blur, but that might've just been me. I could barely keep my eyes open, or even keep a single thought going long enough to finish.

Maybe it starts working after I wake up... I thought as I finally let my eyelids droop closed.

Liam

What was that?! That might've been the worst I'd been beaten in a long time. Then again, I had only gotten real practice with the other knights, and I'd like to think that we're more or less evenly matched. ...Okay, maybe not, but still.

I raised a hand to my head, feeling my hair slick and sticky with blood. Maybe it'll dye my hair and I'll have red hair from now on, I thought, moving to smear the blood onto my uniform. Hmm... I put my other hand to my hair and raised my hands to my face, painting war marks across my cheeks and forehead. Might be a bit late for the actual battle, but it still worked. I laughed to myself, drawing eyerolls from the knights who actually paid me mind, and wierd looks from some of the girls.

"Why not make the most of it, right?" I asked with a smile, resisting the urge to do a battle cry only because I didn't know how many people would follow the sound. How other students hadn't come charging out, or began screaming while the fight was happening, I didn't know. Oh, well. Should be thankful, I guess, because otherwise it probably would've been even worse, with people screaming and running everywhere. And even more people injured.

I hurt; I had a headache and my limbs burned, most likely from blood loss. The uniform had darkened so much and my arms were so red, I was surprised I didn't pass out right there. The room began to tilt and I leaned against the wall until it passed. Spoke too soon, I guess.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of liberty."
~Jorge Luis Borges

6 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:45 am
View Likes
Secrets13 says...

Nenlia
My hand burned slightly where I had picked up the jewel, and a weird sensation ran through my body. Right before I went to pick up the strange jewel, I twisted back into my regular form and Noen quickly dressed me in his jacket.
"Nenlia, we should head to the infirmary, and get you some clothes." Noen said, taking my hand and knocking me out of my daze.
"What?" I gasped, ignited by his touch. Noen looked at me blankly, trying to force a look of woory and compassion onto his face. I sighed in annoyance.
"Don't try. It's not worth your time." I said, harsher than I meant, but instead of apologizing , I turned and headed in a different direction.
I went into the infirmary, where a couple of other people had begun to gather. I didn't recognize anything, or I was to hurt and exhausted to care. Suddenly a sharp pain in my leg reminded me of my broken bone.
'Yeesh, how did I make it all the way here without noticing?' I thought to myself, and collasped onto one of the beds.
"OWWW." I groaned, closing my eyes. Behind my eyelids, I could see the purple glow of the prietess, and the burning sensation of the jewel tingling on my fingertips.

Noen
I watched Nenlia walk away, understanding why she was mad. I wished that I could really relate to her and feel sadness about her walking away. I wanted to feel angry about not being able to feel. I wanted to be able to want.
"Noen." A hand patted softly onto my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder and saw Aden by my side.
"It's okay." He tried to console me, even though he knew it wasn't needed.
"Is it?" was all that I could reply. Aden sighed heavily, and shook his head.
"Probably not. Let's head up to the infirmary."
"yeah." I replied, and drag my sorry self up to the infirmary. Once I got there, Nenlia had been covered up and laid onto one of the bed, halfawake.
"Nenlia." I whispered. In response she turned her head away from me. I sighed, and looked for some bandages.
"You hurt too dearie?" The nurse came over to tend to my wounds.
"Yes Ma'am." I replied gently, turning her. She quickly checked me over and procceeded to cover me with assorted bandages.
"Now lay down for a while, and give your wounds a chance to close." she ordered me and I went over to sit by Nenlia.
I sat there for a while, wondering what to do. I finally placed my hand over hers.
"I'm sorry." I said. I heard a snuffle come from her general direction and I rubbed my thumb gently against the back of her head, stuck in the silence of my own feelings.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:59 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Caleb/Courtyard:

I stood still in the middle of all the chaos, everyone was slowly drifting away to the infirmary. I looked about at the destruction that the battle had caused, searching for my sword.

I found it in a pile of rubble, halfway up the blade it was snapped clean through. I gingerly pick up the two pieces in my good hand and examined them closely. I would need a new one. If I had been myself I would have felt anger, hurt, sadness- who knows! A warriors weapon is part of his soul and my sword was broken. I laughed emotionless at the irony. I caught Roco's look.

“My weapon, my soul- both are broken now.” I said holding up the blade, his brown eyes filled with something- was he trying to feel sympathy?

“You should get that taken care of you know.” Someone else said form behind me, I didn't bother to see who.

I walked over to one of the walls were there were iron bars guarding the low down window and stuck my hand in turning it to wedge it in. one swift jerk back, and a nauseating crack later my arm was back to where is should be. I clenched and unclenched my fingers, nothing seemed off about them. I looked around again to everyone, the girl with the scars on her face was looking faint. I knelt down next to her.

“Are you alright?” I asked putting a hand on her shoulder. She jerked away and stood shakily.

“I”m fine! Don't-” she didn't finish, her brown eyes rolled back in her head and she fell in a dead faint. I caught her easily enough and picked her up gently as a could. She was bleeding from a score of smaller wounds, she needed to be taken to the infirmary.

“I'll be back.” I said to my fellow knights and started off, with the senseless girl in my arms.\

(sorry I have been to tardy with the posting Fading! *grovels* I will be better! )
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 pm
View Likes
KindredSpiritBee says...

Cassondra Levkov

I remembered blacking out when I finally re awoke. I recalled the man that had been near me and how I didn't want him to be anywhere near me, and then my world spun and everything went black. So when I regained the ability to think, I was confused to realize that I was moving, but not of my own accord. I was gently swaying, as if with the step of someone. Was I being carried? If so, by who? And why on earth were they carrying me? To where? I tried to force open my heavy eyelids and come back into the world that I knew was somewhere past them, but they were so heavy. I had to struggle and it took me several minutes to get them open. When I did, it was to find dirty cloth inches from my face, the same color and texture of the uniform. It was looser around whatever it covered and was torn in a couple of places. What? I blinked and slowly shook my head, then tried to pull my head back so that I could see more. Was that a... Chest?! "Gargh!" I cried, suddenly regaining the ability to move and flailing out of the man's arms. "Let go of me!" I exclaimed before promptly being dropped on the ground. I don't believe that he meant to drop me, but it was exactly what I wanted him to do, and I scrambled to my feet, realizing that I was now missing the shoe that had been shredded. "What do you think you were doing?!" I screamed at the man. "Why on earth can't you just leave me alone?!"

(My sincerest apologies that it's a) so short and b) took so ridiculously long for me to put up. As per usual, lemme know if there's anything that you don't like, and I'm sorry Shady if it wasn't Cassie Caleb picked up, I guessed it was and... yeah...)
Llamas do not have six packs

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:00 pm
View Likes
FadingBrighter says...

Delilah
The sun had just disappeared behind the horizon when everyone began to make their way towards the infirmary. Delilah still couldn't get over the sight of the head master, showing up at the battle ground as if half the courtyard hadn't been destroyed.
"Delilah,come on. Let's get you healed up." Aden said, kneeling down and picking her up. Delilah nodded numbly, to shocked to even move.And even though she disliked being treated like a damsel in distress when she hadn't even gotten hurt...
"Aden?" she asked softly. He looked down at her questionably, green eyes flashing in the fading light.
"What is it?"
"Did that all... well, did that all really happen?"
Aden smiled softly, kindly, then replied "Yes, that all realy happened." Delilah nodded, closeing her eyes again. She felt strange, not really diffrent but not really the same.
"Aden?" she asked for the second time.
"Yes?" he replied. Delilah bit her lip.
"Do you have any sweets on you by chance?"
Aden
Delilah was much heavier than Aden thought she would be. Despite her thin looking figure, she actually was quite heavy. But he wouldn't complain. He wasn't sure what would happen if he did.
At first, Aden had been worried at how Delilah would react. But, once again, she proved herself stronger than she looked.
"No, I don't believe so. But were almost at the infirmary so we will get you something to eat there." Delilah smiled, laying her head against Aden's chest.
"You really didn't have to carry me, you know," she said softly, "But im glad you did." Aden smiled.
The two reached the infirmary, and Aden carefully set Delilah down. A nurse promptly came over, asking Delilah a number of questions before leading her over to a comfortable looking bunk. She sat down, taking the steaming drink the nurse handed her and chugging it down, making a disgusted face.
"What was that about?" Aden laughed.
'It tasted gross!" she scowled, setting the cup down and falling back into the pillows. Her brows furled.
"Aden, tell me whats going on." she asked. Aden sighed.
"Delilah I..." he began, but was interrupted.
"My most lovely lady." Liam joked, coming over and bowing.
"Umm, hello?"
"Excuse me, I have not introduced myself. How rude of me. How can you love a woman who does not even know your name." Liam fell to one knee, bowing his head and lifting his arms as if in prayer. "My Queen, my Goddess. My most unworthy name is Liam." Delilah smiled.
"Liam?" Liam fell over, clutching his chest.
"Oh! To hear that dirty name upon you pure lips! I fell as if my heart is to burst with passion just at the sound!" Delilah laughed, blushing. Aden had to force himself not to whack Liam right then and there.As Liam continued to writhe like an idiot on the ground, Aden turned back to Delilah.
"The truth is..." Liam sat up, nearly knocking Aden out of his seat, and gazed seriously at Delilah.
"So you wish to know the truth?" he said. Delilah looked at him as if he were insane. Which Aden had to admit was quite questionable. Liam did act quite bipolar.
"Yes." Delilah replied. Liam smirked.
'Then I'll tell you. You see, Aden will go easy on you, hiding the wolf amongst a herd of sheep. It's safer for you that way. But in reality, the truth is much less kind.
"You see, long ago, there were two major races that occupied the Netherworld. The Netherworlders themselves, and the Dikurin, who had come to the Netherworld only recently from an unknown world. The two had lived in peace for generations, but that time was fast coming to an end. Because the Dikurin were growing greedier with each passing day. They wanted power. And they'd do anything to posses it.
"A war broke out, spreading like wild fire. Thousands were slaughtered beneath the Dikurins wrath and lust for blood. The Netherworld was coming to it's quick demise.
But there was word, a mere rumor perhaps, that a young child had been born, sent by the gods to protect the Netherworld and all who dwelled within it. This child was blessed with great power, and a fate streaked with blood.The last hope of a dying race.
"Meanwhile,the King of the Dikurin was dying, and his young and handsome son was to take the thrown. But little known to his people, this son had fallen in-love with a netherworld girl. For her he created a fantastic gift, a crystal that could make all her dreams come true.
"But the girl betrayed him, and broke his heart. And in his hatred, he shattered the crystal, breaking it in half-one white, one black- and broke it again and again. The shards scattered the world, both black and white. The black shards, stained with his hatred and pain, will grant wishes, but for a price. Human souls and blood will suffice. But the stone as pure and as snow, compassion to the sinners it shall bestow.
Meanwhile, the prince had become impossibly powerful, and the myth had been proven true. A priestess came and stopped the prince, sacrificing her body to lock him away deep within the earth and her soul to trap the remaining Dikurin in a state of eternal damnation as punishment for their sins.
But story tells that one day the priestess would return, when the Dikurin prince is soon to awaken from his long slumber. And she has. You." Delilah stared, then promptly slapped her cheeks and looked up at Liam.
"Then what happened back there? To Jane?" she demanded. Liam smiled wickedly.
"Jane possessed one of the shards of the black ruby. How she got ahold of it, I do not know. But I have never seen anything like that. Ever."
"What were you doing there?"
"I am a nevermore knight, bound to you through contract. As I said before, the last Dikurin were cursed. Some chose to leave the hell they were trapped in and help the priestess lock away their Prince. In return, the priestess agreed to set us free from our earthly prison once the Prince was destroyed.
"And the girls?"
"They are the Nakia, the wielders of the white blades. They have shards of the white crystal within them, and they were called to the battlefield by your distress. You see, the Nakia are bound to you, but in a different way than the knights. You need them to take the first blow against the enemy before you are able to purify them with your own blade. The Nakia are also gifted with incredible power-through the crystal- which is,"
"Liam." Aden warned.
",also bound to you because,"
"Liam." Aden said again, this time louder.
",the prince..."
"Liam!" Aden grabbed Liam's arm, dragging him from the room before he could say anything else. Once they were out of sight, Aden punched Liam in the jaw. Liam fell to the ground, laughing as he rubbed his wound.
'What, afraid she'll know the truth?" he spit. Aden punched him again, causing liam's nose to bleed. He continued laughing.
"She'l find out in the end." he said, standing. Aden swung, but this time Liam caught his fist. "Uh, uh, uh." he murmured, then began walking back inside.
"And when she does, be ready for hell. Because your not going to win this time, Aden."
Fey
Fey sat by the preistess s she slept, watching the soft rise and fall of her chest and the way her hair fell around her head in a dark halo. He was so entranced that he didn't even notice the sun riseing over the horizon.
"Eeeep!" Delilah cried, spotting the stranger beside her and sitting up with a snap. Fey smiled at her, tilting his head innocently.
"I'm sorry to have frightened you, Lady. I'm Fey, and this is Gren." he gestured to the dragon, who spit fire in reply. The Preistess immediantly relaxed, then began putting on her shoes.
"Lady, what are you doing?' Fey asked. The preistess smiled, and Fey's heart skipped a beat.
"Well, the headmaster said to meet him at dawn, so I figured i'd better get a head start."
"Then I will go with you." Fey said, standing. Delilah shook her head.
"No no, you really don't have to..."
"It is a knights duty to protect their Mistress."
"Your a knight?' she asked in surprise.
"Of course." Fey replied. The two exited the infirmary, making their way across the grounds. Delilah gasped in shock when she saw the damage from the day before had been completely erased.
"How..." she started.
"The headmaster is one of the head chairman in the Iris council as well as the leader of one of the Nevermore churches. This was certainly an easy task for him." Fey informed her. Delilah nodded, putting her head down though she kept dancing over at him. He met her gaze, and she quickly looked down again, cheeks blazing.
"What is it?" Fey asked.
"Well, um, I can't help but notice your not wearing a jacket..." Fey smiled at her kindness.
"I am a knight. I can not feel." But just as he said this, he noticed the white puffs of fog rising from the lady's lips. He wished to catch them against his own, feel their warmth against his lips.
They reached the school building, and hurried upstairs. The halls were completely empty this early in the morning.
The priestess speed walked down the long corridor, stopping at the headmasters door. She gripped the knob, turning it and throwing the door open.
The silence was filled with a scream.
“Omnia mutantur, nihil interit (everything changes, nothing perishes).”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

6 Reviews

Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:46 am
View Likes
Secrets13 says...

Nenlia
I shot up as I heard a scream echo from the other end of the school.
"Noen!" I gasped, looking around for him frantically.
"I'm right here." He replied, appearing from within the shadows.
"did you hear that?" I asked, throwing away my covers and standing up. Suddenly a wave of black crossed my eyes and I felt myself swoon to one side.
"Don't stand up too fast. You're healed, but you're exhausted from the process." He said, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me close to him, supporting me.
"Noen, what's going on?" I cried, frustrated at my own weakness and ignorance.
"I'll explain along the way. Let's go." Noen replied.

Noen
I led her down the hallway, walking toward the sound of the screams. It sounded too much like the preitess.
"Do you remember what I've told you about the preitess and that whole story?" I finally asked her. Nenlia paused for a moment.
"Yes, you told me about how you became a knight as well, and about this jewel thingy and these Nakia people and something about a prince." She mummbled.
"Nice to see you pay so much attention to what I tell you." I sighed, teasing her.
"Sorry! It was a while ago! Besides, I didn't really believe you at the time anyways." she snapped.
"Well there was a part of the story I left out." I said after a short puase.
"Wouldn't have anything with me turning into a wolf would it?" She asked sarcastically.
"Yes and no." I replied.
"Okay." she said, nudging me to continue.
"The reason you turned into a wolf is because of your heritage, where you came from. You are a changling, but your powers don't come into effect till you're sixteen, but there's a reason your change was postponed." I started to explain. I heard a few more voices talking a whiles down the hall, near the Headmaster's office.
"And that reason is?" Nenlia asked again, annoyed with my long-winded talk. This time I stopped in my tracks and faced her. She looked up at me, completely bewildered.
"Because you are one of the Nakia." I said softly. She just stared at me blankly.
"What?" she asked.
"You heard me."
"I think you're crazy."
"I can't be, I don't feel anything."
"How do you know this?"
"Because I am your knight. Though I am initially bound to the prietess first, I was given orders to protect you as well, since you are one of the Nakia." I replied. I watched her expression for a moment and she just seemed to be soaking in all of the information I gave her.
"Hm, okay." She finally replied, matching my gaze. I couldn't really decipher what she was feeling and she turned away before I could.
"We should hurry and see what that scream was about." She walked off ahead of me. I stood there for a moment, and then sighed heavily, letting out the gust of air that I had been holding in. I followed her down the hallway, where I saw Fey protecting the prietess from whatever was in the room.
"What's going on?" Nenlia asked. Fey didn't respond to her, but looked at me. I hurried forward and stopped Nenlia from looking in.
"Let me look first." I said, pushing her back.
"No, we can look together." She snapped, annoyed that I was trying to protect from something. I paused for a moment, and then nodded.
"We need to call everyone here as soon as possible." Fey said to me and we looked around the doorway. If I had feelings, I would be dumbstruck but what I saw.
"Oh my..." Nenlia gasped next to me and suddenly turned away, covering her mouth.
"Yes, yes we do." I turned to Fey, and closed the door. "No doubt the prietess's scream will bring most of the knights running here pretty quick."
"Noen...how?" Nenlia asked me, her eyes wide in horror.
"I don't know." I replied, placing my hadn on her shoulder.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:34 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Isabelle

I awoke with the sun glaring at me.
"Morning sunsine," I heard Liam say as he walked past my bunk. Still groggy, I stuck my tongue out at him. I still felt sore and as if I could sleep for a week but at least I felt somewhat better. Sitting up I could tell that I had a bandage wrapped thickly around my previosly broken leg. I couldn't even move it. What surprised me was that I'd actually slept all night, and was awake now, while the sun was shinning or at least starting to. I glanced at Liam and laughed.
"You got beaten up," I said pointing at his bust nose, he had one of those ridiculous plasters on it. Well at least it healed quicker with it on.
"Yeah, and so did you," He didn't sound too happy about his plaster.
"Aden?" I asked. He nodded and I laughed. "So what did you do now?" Swinning my legs off of the bed I stood up using Liam's shoulder as something to lean on. "Come on" I murmered pulling Liam to his feet when he didn't answer, "Let's see the Headmaster. I'm sure he'd won't be impressed that we destroyed his courtyard then wondered in late to his meeting." It was then we heard the scream. Two others moved out of the room before us, one I recognised as a Knight. I kept telling Liam to go on ahead but he kept refusing, eventhough I was hobbling along pathetically behind him. I could see him rubbing at his chin. Probably where Aden had hit him.

When we reached the Headmater's office I could smell fresh blood, and it took everything in me not to follow the sent. The priestess was already there with Fey, Neon and one of the Nakia girls. Ah hell, I thought.
Last edited by Betheny on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

6 Reviews

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:11 am
View Likes
Ahnleh says...

Liam

Holy-! Aden's got quite a punch. That was just insane. Looking at the bump his fist left in my face, one might think I was growing a second head. I laughed at the thought of that; most everyone would probably be more upset to think that they'd have to deal with a second me than be wierded out.

My smile faded as I thought back to the conversation, and then to...before. Aden might've been right, both then and now, but that didn't justify his actions, and it never would. I hated what he had done, I hated him, and I hated that idiot girl-or, I would. But I suppose it'd more...loyalty anyway. The contract may say we have to protect her, but no where does it say that I have to like her. The priestess today wasn't all bad, though. Only the fact that she would inevitably try and redo what was done years ago resparked the distant memory of that feeling.

I returned myself to the present as Isabelle and I approached the some of the others at the headmaster's door. I couldn't help but not be too surprised; he was back, and he would stop at nothing to get what he wanted, certainly not for a few casualties. The priestess was, at a glance, pretty calm, but you could see the fear and confusion in her eyes as she stared through the door. I let out a breath and ran a hand through my hair.

Danie

I jerked awake as the scream rang through the corridors. What-? I stood up and made my way as fast as I could to the doors of the infirmary, trying to get my legs to wake as well. Sleeping on your legs in an already uncomfortable chair wasn't really the best.

I ran through the halls toward where I thought I heard the scream from. How I didn't get lost in the maze again, I have no idea, but eventually I turned a corner and saw a few of the ones who had fought earlier in the courtyard standing around an open door, some whispering and others standing in shocked silence. I slowed cautiously as I approached them.

"What's going on?" I asked, then looked in the door, getting my answer. I gasped and raised my hand to my mouth involuntarily, stepping back. The headmaster had been killed in his own office, for what? Why would this happen?

(Sorry for the shortness. Writer's-block has taken up residence in my brain.)
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of liberty."
~Jorge Luis Borges

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:22 am
View Likes
amygabb says...

Fawn:

I sat in my room all night, thinking about the last time the Iris Priestess had fought with us. It had been a long time. We needed to get it right this time. I waited for dawn, nursing my minor bruises and lacerations, trying not to think about my mother or that little boy.
When the sun poked above the horizon, I dressed in a black gown, pulling on long lace gloves and wedge heels. Clipping down the corridor, I winced as a scream rung out. Immediately, I thought of the Priestess and started towards the infirmary. Maybe someone had attempted to hurt her while she was already weak. By the time I had entered the infirmary, I had determined that the Priestess was in no immediate threat. In fact, she wasn’t even in a bunk resting. Actually, most of the knights and Nakia were no where to be found.
I shook one of the girls I recognized from last night awake. Her massive tangle of red hair stood up at odd angles.
“Get up!” I hissed, trying not to disturb the other sick creatures around us. The girl groaned. I grabbed both her shoulders and shook her again more violently. “We need to go to the Headmaster’s Office right now. Something may be wrong.”
She gave me a funny look, scrunching up her nose. “Who are you? Oh, wait! You were in the courtyard last night and -”
“Let’s go!” I interject. I nearly yank her out of the lower bunk. Her legs give out but I support her to keep the girl upright. She has on a rib brace and I recall her slamming into a statue. And then using only her mind to move another statue to hit that girl, Jane. “Be careful, you’re healing, but you will be weak for a couple days. The Headmaster’s Office is this way.”
The girl can barely walk a few steps without wobbling dangerously so I pull her arm over my shoulder and wrap my arm around her waist. She’s so short I have to slouch.
“So what’s your name?” she asks too cheerfully for this time of morning. I huff loudly and start our slow progression to see the Headmaster.

Blaze:

Surprisingly, I don’t hurt at all. I probably will, when the magic the nurses used wears off. We’re shuffling down the hall - me and the girl who told me her name is Fawn. I wonder who named her that and why?
She guides me to the Headmaster’s Office. There are a bunch of the teens from last night’s - well, whatever last night was, I’m still not sure. Some of them look shocked, some terrified, others numb. Fawn lets go of me when we near them and hurries ahead to see what is happening. I watch her peer through the doorway. Fawn’s eyebrows skyrocket but the rest of her face remains in a calm scowl. She slowly exhales, “What a shame.”
Life is not about how you sing in the sun, it is about how you dance in the rain.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:24 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Caleb/Hallway with Cassandra:

When the girl woke up with a groggy start I expected her to be disoriented, maybe even a little frightened. I did NOT expect her to flail violently shrieking like a harpy form the depths of hell.

"Don't touch me!" she screamed scrambling out of my grasp. I tried to set her on her feet but in her impetuosity, I almost dropped her. "What do you think you were doing?!" she continued to shout, glaring at me- she had a very impressive glare. "Why on earth can't you just leave me alone?!"

I blinked slowly, all the feelings, stirrings within me since the Priestess awoke gave me sense of being off balance- off kilter, like when you are not quite dizzy but almost there. I tried to figure out why this girl was so frighted of me, what had I done? I know I didn't look that dangerous- Fey had a running joke that I looked like an over sized Labrador.

If I had been myself and been able to think using my emotions and empathy I was certain I could have figured out her distaste of me in a moment, but as I was? I only had my cold logic and let's face it logic doesn't get one very far in the real world.

I took a step closer to her, she backed herself into the wall away from me.

-She has no battle sense doesn't she.

"Miss, I swear to you I shan't harm you." I began trying to remember how to smile reassuringly. "You have my word of honor, my knights honor- I won't hurt you. I was only trying to help you." she kept glaring at me, hate filling her eyes- they would have been pretty eyes save for the glaring. She slowly began to inch along the wall, trying to escape, I stepped into the gap.

"You are in no condition to be moving on your own. You passed out after the fight and you are still bleeding, I was taking you to the infirmary at the headmasters request.

She didn't respond, she was as silent and as threatening as a stone gargoyle in a churchyard. I rubbed my fingers through my head- thoroughly messing it I was sure.

"I'm Caleb, one of the Nevermore Knights," I looked at her meaningly. "And you are one of the Nakia, I am bound to protect all of the priestesses and as you were bleeding out in front of me I had to help you. That's why I'm not leaving you alone."

(I am miss tardy over here! good lord shady get your act together! Fading I am terribly sorry!)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore