z

Young Writers Society

Camp Adventure! ( closed- started)

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:04 pm
Funkymomo says...

Welcome to Camp Adventure!

Enjoy a summer of fun at our lakeside camp! We have many activities and games that teenagers can do! Rock climbing, camp wide capture the flag games, art classes, musical and dramatic performances, nature walks, swimming, waterskiing, SAT study classes, and all while enjoying the beautiful scenery of Camp Adventure and Lake Sinclair. Your child could come home with a sword they forged on their own, a beautiful painting, a movie they made, wood shop creations, and so much more! Come to Camp Adventure!

You're a teenager sent to Camp Adventure for any reason. Your parents wanted to get rid of you, you were interested in their art classes, you wanted another camp experience before you were to old, you're studying for our SAT's next year, you're a musical genius sent there because of their stellar music program, anything you can think of!
Spoiler! :
Screen shot 2011-09-28 at 11.11.00 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-09-28 at 11.11.00 AM.png (239.34 KiB) Viewed 471 times
This is the large view of the camp

Spoiler! :
Screen shot 2011-09-28 at 11.20.16 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-09-28 at 11.20.16 AM.png (27.55 KiB) Viewed 471 times
Green is trees, brown are the most commonly used trails ( you can walk through the woods though) gray is the road into camp, dark blue is the main hall area, with games and vending machines and stuff. The pink square is the music pavilion, the pink circle is the art room, the red square is the nurses office, the pig green thing is the field, the smaller green square is classrooms wood shop and other classrooms, the light purple square is the dining hall, the 3 red circles are the girls cabin, the 3 blue circles are the boys cabin, and the two maroon circles are the councilors/lifeguards/camp heads cabin. I'm the camp head, by the way.

Class times/ camp schedule
Spoiler! :
Camp Schedule-
7:30 Wake up
7:50 breakfast
12:00 lunch
1:00 Camp activity ( not every day, this is capture the flag and stuff like that)
7:00 dinner
7:30 BONFIYAH!
10:30 lights out.
Class times-( you don't have to go to these every day, they're pretty much planned activities)
9:00-10:00 Art
10:00-11:00 Wood shop (you make swords here too)
11:00-12:00 Rock climbing ( in main building)
2:00-3:00 Nature walk
3:00-4:00 Water sports
4:00-5:00-Drama
5:00-6:00- Music
You can always plan other things with friends, like a dodgeball game or swimming. And you don't have to go to the classes.

Me, Amfliflier, and Fortissimo are running this storybook, PM any of us with questions.

Campers- I'm choosing cabins for people once everyone joins, unless anyone wants to be with a certain person.
Girls-
April Peterson- Funkymomo
Rose Corazon- Gleek456
Mia Russo- Sunshine
Scarlett Star- Ladyofthedeathroses
Girl- Julliette Farmoban
Cassidy Moor-Betheny
Jaqueline Dumas-Fictionfanatic

Boys-
Gezon Corazon- Gleek456
Justin Spell- Ladyofthedeathroses
Jack Holeson- posum
Damien Bleakwater- Betheny
Josh Smith- Daspetznaz
Torrey Dumas- Fictionfanatic
Jackson Douglas- Fortissimo

Counselors-
Beatrice Boydson- Fortissimo
Simon Pearson- Amfliflier
CAMP HEAD Paul Novel- Funkymomo

Girls cabin A- (make a name)
April Peterson
Rose Corazon
Mia Russo

Girls Cabin B-( make a name)
Scarlett Star
Cassidy Moor
Jaqueline Dumas
Juliette Farmoban
(the other cabin's the bathroom)

Boys Cabin A-( make a name)
Gezon Corazon
Justin Spell
Torrey Dumas
Jack Holeson

Boys Cabin B- (make a name)
Damien Bleakwater
Josh Smith
Jackson Douglas
(The other cabin's a bathroom)

Character information:
Code: Select all
Name:

Appearance :( picture too)

Personality:

History:

Reason they're at camp:

Other:

Rules-
1. Usual Storybook rules.
2. If you really want magic powers, PM me and i'l think about it.
3. Not a ton of swearing and no explicit romance scenes.
4. If you want to be a councilor, PM me. I don't want too many though, maybe two or three.
5. If it's getting REALLY hectic, as in 20 posts a day, try to slow it down. It's too crazy for the people who miss a day.

DT- topic88295.html
STARTED!

Have fun!!
Last edited by Funkymomo on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:21 am, edited 16 times in total.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

106 Reviews

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:36 pm
View Likes
Funkymomo says...

Name: April Peterson

Appearance :
Spoiler! :
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (6.73 KiB) Viewed 459 times
She has red hair and is always happy. She's 5'4", athletic, and always wears sports clothes or old stuff, nothing shiny or expensive. Some of her clothes are decorated by her, like her shoes and shirts.

Personality: She's a very happy and friendly person, but is also very competitive. She loves sports and group activities. She's also artistic and loves colors. She's a little into photography, so don't be surprised if you see a bright flash suddenly. :)

History: She found this camp a few years ago and has been going here every summer all summer ever since. Her parents originally sent her there because they saw the SAT prep class, but now she goes of her own accord. She has a 10 year old brother.

Reason they're at camp: Because of the fun camp experience and the art classes.

Other: Up for love
Last edited by Funkymomo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:46 pm
Fortissimo says...

(I'm a co-leader of this club, with Funky's permission. Call it what you want.)

Name: Beatrice Boydson

Appearance: Blonde, blue eyes, tall-ish, and muscular. Not to mention attractive ;) She always dresses laid back with athletic shorts, t-shirts, and flip flops or sneakers. She always has her long blonde hair pulled back into a braid or ponytail.
Spoiler! :
blake-lively-hair-style-2011-7.jpg
blake-lively-hair-style-2011-7.jpg (22.43 KiB) Viewed 456 times

Personality: Kind, loves children, athletic, and artsy. Is always up to setting up an ultimate frisbee or a jam session(: She plays soccer really well, loves swimming. She plays the viola and the trombone.

Reason they're at camp: Working a summer camp lifeguard job to earn cash. She just graduated college two years and is working at the Boston Aquarium, studying to be a marine biologist.

Other: Up for love, but men only, please(:
Last edited by Fortissimo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:09 pm
gleek456 says...

Last edited by gleek456 on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:44 am
Sunshine says...

Name: Mia Russo

Age:15, but she's almost sixteen. Her B-day's this summer. (Can be a future plot-line.)

Appearance : Mia has long-a little past her shoulders and fairly straight- dark hair, and honey-brown eyes. She has high, defined cheek bones. Her skin is mid-dark, a sort of italian coloring. She doesn't care much for make-up or hair doo-woops and doesn't usually have nay make-up on and keep's her hair down or in a high pony/bun.
Mia isn't super tall, but stands at a heathy 5'6. She has strong, toned legs and lilthe figure. Her arms are evidently not as strong as her legs, but you can still tell they're a little stronger than the norm. Mia likes to dress in simple, comfortable, and athetic clothing. I'm talking athetic shorts and sporty tank tops. She likes her school team's sweatpants more than jeans, although she did bring a few. She usually has a swimsuit under her clothing. The only accesories she likes or sun glasses and tie on cloth bracelets.

Spoiler! :

(Minus ear pierecing.) Her swimsuits: (Athetic speedo-in blue instead of pink- and regular beach suit.)
Image Image

Personality: She's obsessed with competetive swimming. She loves it. Mia's a little over obsessive. Everything in her life seems to revolve around the pool. When you first meet her, the impression she gives off is 'extremely competive swimming girl.' Following this, it means she is rather comeptetive. It doesn't have to be swimming, either. She's just generally competetive and confident. In her eyes, Life is a game and she likes to win. She's a pretty high tensity person. She has to be doing something or she looses it. ADHD, anyone?

Mia also has a bit of a social limp. She's been so obsessed with swimming, she really doesn't have any close friends. Sure, she hangs out with the girls and guys on her swim team, but are they people she'd tell everything to? No. She's generally friendly, her mouth just tends to run before she can think things over. If she get's annoyed, her voice will lace with sarcasm and anger. She does have a tiny little temper, after all.

If you can get Mia to calm down enough, you'll find her a rather intelligent. She's good natured, and can never resist a good prank. If you do become her friend, you'll find her loyalty unwavering. She fights for her friends.

History: Born to a pair of weathy and loving parent's, Mia got to try everything. Soccer, rugby, guitar, sitar...everything. Her parent's didn't mind spending the money, being that her father's a lawyer and her mother a fit dietetian. However, when her parents entered her in a competetive swim class and six...she was hooked. The next three years were spent perfecting her technique. Little Mia dropped the majority of her other sports just for swimming. At the age of nine, she was entered in her first contest. Turns out...she was good.

When her younger brother was born when she was ten, her parents dropped 'spoiling her', although Mia didn't mind. She swam whenever she could and took breaks only for academics and Cross Country, another sport she found intrest in. By age fourteen, she had scouts at her door. However, her parents took notice in how her life seemed to be all academics and swim they took control and sent her here- mainly aganist her will.

Reason they're at camp: Her parents wanted to have her be more social, so she's here for that. The beach life is good to! SAT's.

Other: She also likes running on the beach. Up for love, although she doesn't know it yet.
Last edited by Sunshine on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Scarlett Star

Appearance :
Spoiler! :

She's almost always smiling, her hair is dark red down to her waist, tan skin and big ice green eyes. She usually wears t-shirts she designs herself, jeans, shorts, and sneakers.
Personality: She's bubbly, giggly, sweet, sarcastic, and fiery.

History: She found the camp a few years ago when she was looking for an camp with an art and music program. She's been going ever since.

Reason they're at camp: The art and music programs.

Other: Always has her I-pod with her and plays the guitar, violin, and piano. She's a dancer and a gymnast. She loves singing and dancing you'll always find her humming and dancing just a bit she really can't sit still. Up for love. She loves drawing nature and people when they're not really expecting it so if she stares at you she's trying to draw you and be subtle.

Name: Justin Spell

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Short shaggy dark brown hair, ice blue eyes, 6'3, pale and well built. Nothing flashy for him jeans and t-shirts.

Personality: Quiet, serious, sarcastic, and a bit intense.

History: Orignally he went for the SAT prep class but now goes for the art program as well.

Reason they're camp: SAT prep class and art program.

Other: Up for love. He prefers to draw animals and people.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:02 am
EnchantedPanda says...

Name:
Juliette Farmoban

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
She has long red hair which is dyed red. She usually wears a lot of thick eyeshadow and lots of plain black clothes. She wears very simple things that she can hide behind and blend in with, so she avoids colors and anything pretty or bright.

Personality:
She is very shy and doesn't really get along with most people. She is incredibly intelligent and an excellent musician but she doesn't really like to show off her musical and academical talents because she doesn't enjoy attention and if she is successful then she feels that people will pay her unwanted attention so she usually just shrugs everything off and ignores everything.

History:
She grew up without a father and she and her mother grew very close over the years and they have become almost best friends. Because of the fact that she hasn't had a father she tries to stay away from men because she doesn't trust them and doesn't want to be let down.

Reason they're at camp:
Her mum thought that going on camp would be a good chance for her to socialize with people and maybe gain some confidence and overcome her urge to blend into the background. The music program also tickled her fancy and she thought it would be a good idea to meet some other musicians and learn more about music whilst meeting new people and have some fun.
Last edited by EnchantedPanda on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 am
DaSpetsnaz says...

Reserve a spot for just a boy, please.
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:13 pm
Amfliflier says...

Can I reserve a spot for a camp counselor? Could he/she kinda be like a music teacher? That'd be cool. I'm partial to them being a guy or girl.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:45 pm
posum says...

Name: Jack Holeson

Appearance : about 6’ 1", ratty, dirty blond hair, athletic, and for the most part good looking with brown eyes and a lopsided smile

Personality: Pretty fun, talkative but interesting, an evil kind of fun, has no fear except for that of the ocean, and loves to party and party hard. Been caught for possession of alcohol and drinking under the age limit

History: Has been to court a couple of times over alcohol, gambling without a permit, and disturbing the peace. Has a deathly fear of the ocean from a boating accident that almost killed him. He was found washed up on the beach by an old fisherman who demanded a ransom for him. He drugged the old man (don't ask how) and escaped with the guys money and car.

Reason they're at camp: Parents vacation away from their troublesome kid.

Other: Loves to ski and makes a challenge out of anything be it who can go the longest without food to who can swim the longest without a break. He also plays base guitar and has been offered a spot in a fast rising band called Die Hard
To die is to lose and I always win
except for that one time...
that really hurt...

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:17 am
Sunshine says...

Where's the DT, Momo?

Name: Mia Russo

Age:15, but she's almost sixteen. Her B-day's this summer. (Can be a future plot-line.)

Appearance : Mia has long-a little past her shoulders and fairly straight- dark hair, and honey-brown eyes. She has high, defined cheek bones. Her skin is mid-dark, a sort of italian coloring. She doesn't care much for make-up or hair doo-woops and doesn't usually have nay make-up on and keep's her hair down or in a high pony/bun.
Mia isn't super tall, but stands at a heathy 5'6. She has strong, toned legs and lilthe figure. Her arms are evidently not as strong as her legs, but you can still tell they're a little stronger than the norm. Mia likes to dress in simple, comfortable, and athetic clothing. I'm talking athetic shorts and sporty tank tops. She likes her school team's sweatpants more than jeans, although she did bring a few. She usually has a swimsuit under her clothing. The only accesories she likes or sun glasses and tie on cloth bracelets.

Spoiler! :

(Minus ear pierecing.) Her swimsuits: (Athetic speedo and regular beach suit.)
Image Image

Personality: She's obsessed with competetive swimming. She loves it. Mia's a little over obsessive. Everything in her life seems to revolve around the pool. When you first meet her, the impression she gives off is 'extremely competive swimming girl.' Following this, it means she is rather comeptetive. It doesn't have to be swimming, either. She's just generally competetive. In her eyes, Life is a game and she likes to win. She's a pretty high tensity person. She has to be doing something or she looses it. ADHD, anyone?

Mia also has a bit of a social limp. She's been so obsessed with swimming, she really doesn't have any close friends. Sure, she hangs out with the girls and guys on her swim team, but are they people she'd tell everything to? No. She's generally friendly, her mouth just tends to run before she can think things over. If she get's annoyed, her voice will lace with sarcasm and anger. She does have a tiny little temper, after all.

If you can get Mia to calm down enough, you'll find her a rather intelligent. She's good natured, and can never resist a good prank. If you do become her friend, you'll find her loyalty unwavering. She fights for her friends.

History: Born to a pair of weathy and loving parent's, Mia got to try everything. Soccer, rugby, guitar, sitar...everything. However, when her parents entered her in a competetive swim class and six...she was hooked. The next six

Reason they're at camp: Her parents wanted to have her be more social, so she's here for that. The beach life is good to! SAT's.

Other: She also likes running on the beach. Up for love, although she doesn't know it yet.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

151 Reviews

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:56 am
Amfliflier says...

Cool, Jack plays the bass? My character is gonna be learning how to play the bass! Even though I still haven't decided on a gender. Funky, does it matter?
Forever for All <3

106 Reviews

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:22 am
Funkymomo says...

Amfliflier, either gender, preferably male though. Also, if you're gonna be a councilor, why are you learning to do something? You're supposed to be teaching.

Everyone else- good profiles so far. :)

151 Reviews

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 pm
Amfliflier says...

That's what I meant. I could teach music or something. I'm cool with him being a guy. :)
Forever for All <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:13 pm
Betheny says...

Name: Cassidy Moor

Appearance: (at bottom) Dark haired and darked eyed, with truely pale skin. Her lips are full and lucious and naturally dark in comparison to her skin. Quite lean and graceful, average height.

Personality: Quite shy and timid prefering to alone, most often seen with her head in a book. Might come across as crule or cold hearted but is in fact quite kind. Can sometimes be irritated by others not understanding why she is like she is, or not seeing the world quite how she sees it.

History: At school she was always called an emo and cast out of social events, she never really had any friends and those she did have soon left her behind. After having such a lonely childhood her parents entered her into many activties to help work on her social shyness but it never worked. She has always been interested in all periods of history, as well as being talented in art.

Reason they're at camp: Another one of her parents' 'fantastic' ideas...

Other: Up for love (straight), has a habit of annalysing people.

Name: Damien Bleakwater

Appearance: (at bottom) Naturally black hair and beautifully pastel blue eyes looking out from a handsome face. He has quite pale skin and just can't tan. Has a very charming smile. Rather tall and skinny, but remarkably strong.

Personality: Quite a flirt who will socialise with anybody and everybody, although is hapy when is on his own as well. A bit of a rebel/bad boy who dosen't actually break the rules. Has an easy going out look on life, often saying that "you only live once so why the hell not?"

History: Adored by his parents as he is supposed to be the smartest person in the family and is being pushed to do great things. He has many friends who are actually nothing more than followers who hope to benefit from knowing him. Nevermind the rebel extirior Damien used to be the geekyist boy in school.

Reason they're at camp: Wanted to get away from his parents

Other: Up for love (straight), has a bizarre interst in medevil swords.
Attachments
Character image 3.png
Character image 3.png (190.2 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Last edited by Betheny on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil