z

Young Writers Society

Seventh Shadow~ Started (4 Spots open)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:26 pm
gleek456 says...

Isabelle Freidrich | Ballroom

I smiled and giggled frequently as Rose's monkey jumped on my hand. I stroked the monkey's fur with my finger. Wait, does this monkey have a name? Tch, of course it does! I looked up to Rose, who was still sketching something.

"What's her name?" I asked. Rose looked up from his sketch for a minute.

"Cherry," he answered. Cherry? A pretty name!

"Like my hair!" I gasped, then giggled. Rose nodded and smiled, then went back to his sketch. I perched Cherry on my shoulder and peered over Rose's shoulder. He tensed up for a minute, but then resumed coloring.

"It's pretty," I said.

"Thanks," Rose answered before blushing and resuming to his sketch. I sat back down and began playing with Cherry.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 pm
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

My smile grew wider. I was surprised at myself. Enjoying another organism's company, and that organism was a human? I was shocked that I hadn't started a fight yet, which I was suddenly itching to do. But I restrained myself. Belle was nice. I wasn't going to mess this moment up, even if she only stayed around long enough to scratch the surface of my personality. But I knew-once she found out what I was really like-the mean, nasty, fighting, defensive me, who hated company of any kind-she would leave. Just like everybody else who had met me would.
Hey, you seem really good with Cherry. Of course you must be, giving that you two are practically family. I was so, so glad the insult didn't slip from my tongue. I didn't even mean it, not towards a girl like Belle. A sweet, cute girl like Belle.
I stopped the thought right there. I wasn't someone to crush on girls, or crush on people period. But still, my gaze continued to flit from my sketchbook up to Belle's face and back again.

82 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 pm
gleek456 says...

I bit my lip as I examined Cherry. Cherry was a very cute little monkey, who apparently likes me! I liked that thought. I smiled to myself as I tapped my heels together. I noticed how Rose was moving his head frequently. What could possibly be distracting him from his sketch? I mean, it's really pretty! A golden rose... pretty, right?

"Are you okay?" I asked. Rose's eyes widened, and he nodded. I nodded too, not entirely convinced, and turned my attention to my hand, where a monkey was missing. I gasped a little, then looked at Rose, who had a jumping Cherry on his shoulder. I exhaled in relief and started giggling.

"Where do you come from?" I asked, very curiously. Rose arched an eyebrow at me. "I'll go first! I come from this little country, which serves a big purpose, called D'Arylia. My parents are very high in the Royal family, so that's how I know the twins," I said, reciting what Lex taught me to say if this topic were to come up.

134 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 am
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I cricked my neck, dropping my pencil but still not daring to look Belle in those beautiful eyes of hers. "My dad's a royal knight." I said, my voice devoid of emotion. I sighed. "He wanted me to follow in his footsteps but-I dunno. I'm just-" how did my dad put it? "-Not the right build for a knight." I shrugged. "Not like I wanted to be one. I don't care what my dad thinks anyway." I mumbled the last part, staring at my drawing then back to Belle. I blushed, once again thinking about just how cute she was. "Other then that-there's really not much else to it." I gave a feeble smile.

82 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:27 am
gleek456 says...

I nodded as Rose finished. That sounded... very harsh for a father. I mean, their son should be able to live their life freely, with no expectations. I looked at the dance floor, where everyone was dancing and having fun. I bit my lip, and stared at Rose. Maybe he'd like to dance. Then again, maybe not. I debated whether or not to ask, then stood up.

"Want to dance?" I asked. Rose arched an eyebrow and looked at Cherry, then back to me. I bit my lip and began bouncing a bit, waiting for his answer. I stared into Rose's dark eyes, then at my hand, then back to him.

134 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:39 am
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I smiled widely. "Of course." I took her hand in my own and led her onto the dance floor, pulling her close as we began to dance. She was quite a good dancer, I noticed, and I loved the way her hips swung with the beat and her entire figure moved at one with the music. I was tempted to just sit back and watch her be her own, but she pulled me close and laid her head on my chest. I smiled, resting my head on hers, everything else lost. I was suddenly glad I came, glad my father had forced me to attend. I would have to thank him when I got home.
"You're an amazing dancer." I whispered in her ear as we continued to dance. And she was. She didn't trip or stumble, not even once. I was impressed. She certainly had more talent to move then my two left feet would allow me to have. I smiled to myself widely, burying my head in her hair as the songs switched and we continued to dance even more.

(hope this is okay. :) )

82 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:57 am
gleek456 says...

(That was perfect Circle! :) )

I smiled at his compliment. The only boy who has ever complimented me on my dancing was Alexios and father. I felt Rose bury his head in my hair, making me smile wider. The songs kept switching, and surprisingly, they were slow. I giggled in my head, and closed my eyes. It felt very nice, dancing with Rose. He's a nice and beautiful person, like a rose! No wonder his parents named him that. I got stuck with "Isadora", but I had to change it to "Isabelle".

"Belle?" I heard a voice behind me. I tensed up, and turned around, letting go of Rose. I suddenly felt a pang of need.

"Lex! Where've you been?" I asked. Lex didn't answer my question, but just arched an eyebrow.

"Around," he said. I nodded. "But I see that you're having a bit more fun then me." I tensed up when he said that. What's going on with him. He used to be supportive of my actions. I put on a smile.

"That's a good thing, right?" I asked. Lex nodded slowly.

"Don't have too much fun," he said before walking away and giving a stern glare at me, then Rose. I nodded, then turned around, face flushed. Now of all times, Lex decided to find me.

"I'm so sorry Rose," I said.

134 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:01 am
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I stared after Lex, my brow furrowed. Then I smiled, turning my attention back to Belle. "No problem," I told her. "He's probably just being a protective brother, like he should be." I wanted to pull her back close to me, dance with her, kiss her even.I wanted to see how her lips tasted, and I wanted to bury my head in her hair again. I wanted to hold her tight against me. I held out my hand. "May we dance again?" I asked, a bit hesitantly and wondering if Lex was watching. Somehow, I could feel he didn't trust me wit Belle, and that somehow made me just the slightest bit angry.
Last edited by FruityBickel on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:17 am
Iggy says...

(Gleek, what was the point of my characters stealing from you if you aren't going to act on it? You could've had Alexios accuse them or something; or the twins wouldn't notice. Something.)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:48 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Wicked, is it OK with you if I take the Partygoer space?
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

59 Reviews

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:08 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Requesting claim on the last Partygoer space.

Seventh Shadow, Partygoer

Name- Lily Emin

Age- 16

Gender- Female

Appearance-
Spoiler! :
Hope you like 'em 'cos I drew 'em myself.
Lily.jpg
Lily.jpg (165.57 KiB) Viewed 171 times
Lily- Face.jpg
Lily- Face.jpg (766.56 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Lily- Mask.jpg
Lily- Mask.jpg (48.84 KiB) Viewed 169 times
Very light blonde hair that goes halfway down her back. Grey eyes like a winter sky. Long face that appears shorter because of her fringe. Perked-up nose tip. Quite slender build. Scar just below the back of her neck that she hides by always wearing her hair down.

Personality- Quiet, polite. She's often afraid to speak her mind. But if you can get her talking you'll find a poetic gem with so many beautiful and amazing perspectives. She's very attentive and barely anything can escape her senses. (except maybe a skilled thief....) She's really easy to get along with. A nice girl.

Skills/Strengths- She's pretty much defenseless in a dangerous situation, but she can run really fast. (Maybe not in a dress, though........) She's really good at making people feel better about themselves. She somehow knows exactly what to say to make it all OK. And she's a really good watercolour painter.

Flaws/Weaknesses- Her quietness prevents her from sharing her opinions and feelings. She is very good at helping others with thier own personal problems, but her own are left unsolved.

History- She's always been a girl at court. A nobles' daughter. She's known the rules, learned the ways, and pretty much is one of them. That's where her quietness and politeness comes from. The rest was from her free-thinking grandmother.

Up for love- She's easy to impress if you do it right.

Other- She has a soft, flattering voice.
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.

59 Reviews

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:57 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Lily Emin, Ballroom

I strode through the crowd, looking for someone I could approach. So many people here.....But there may as well be none if I can't talk to anyone. Look at those people dancing. I wonder if any of them are are in love....It was probably raining outside, right now, in the dark.I wanted to run outside, kick off my shoes and dance right there in the wet grass. In the dark. I looked up to the ceiling, the lights. Like falling into the everblooming sun... If only I could. I imagined this night much differently. I thought I might meet someone, dance, maybe with someone special. I did so want to be found by someone. But now I just wanted to hide. I felt so awkward. I dissapeared into the corner of the hall and stared at the window in the opposite wall. Yes, it was raining... How beautiful it was. The rain melted into the violin notes that played softly in a slow dance. And there, in the lonely corner, I fell into ecstasy.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm
Redfang18 says...

Luke | Ballroom

I was about to make my way to the door when I saw King Richard. At the sight of him, I shivered. I managed to steal several emeralds from him at least twice a month for the past two years, before he found out the guards weren't jesting about the evasive Phantom Thief. I could tell he was not willing to let a master thief such as me get in and steal anything. When I just walked right in the castle, guards were doubled the last time I was here. I knew that would happen, so I had to be more careful and even more paitent with every steal I make.
A glint caught my eye. I looked and saw a young woman at the hall. She had an emerald comb on her person. The Phantom Thief in me said gleely, Look at that, Lucario. A nice, beautiful emerald comb. Just think of that. You could use it to groom your hair. You need it, since you often steal with wild dreadlocks for the past eight years.
I found myself walking towards the girl. She seemed lost in her own world, so I tried to steal the comb from her while she wasn't looking. My fingers were getting close to the comb when she looked at me straight in the eye. I said smoothly, "Pardon me, but I was just about to shoo off a tiny bug from your head."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:38 pm
ScarlettFire says...

King Evaric Latori | Palace - Ballroom Balcony:

The ballroom was full of children. That was the first thing he had noticed upon reaching the balcony and looking down on the swirling mass of colour that made up the dancers. "Typical," he muttered, glaring at the room. And he had to go down there and interact with them. He was most definitely not looking forward to it.

Evaric laid one hand on the railing and sipped his drink. Cheap, bad quality wine. His winery made better drink than this. He grimaced and put the glass aside, eyes still on the dancers. Maybe he shouldn't bother with it after all? No. There was too much at stake here, and way too much to lose. Like his own kingdom if anything went awry. He couldn't risk that. His plan had to work or everything was lost.

Footsteps behind him, much louder and closer than any other noises he'd heard tonight, brought his head around. Was someone up here too? His gaze narrowed as he listened to the footsteps approach. And then they stopped. He relaxed and returning to watching the dancers, picking up his drink and taking another sip of bad wine. A moment later, there was a little cough and someone said, "Excuse me, sir?" Evaric turned with a charming smile only to see a young lady. She wore a black and gold mask, much more complex than his simple black one. She smiled at him.

"Oh," he said, laying on the charm. "I didn't realize anyone was up here, let alone such a beautiful angel."
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 pm
wonderland says...

Bay | Ballroom to Balcony

Bay shut her notebook and sighed. Nothing. No productivity. She could still see her brother, who was walking her way. She pasted a ‘I’m having fun!’ smile on her face and looked up.
“Beatrice.” He said.
“Jonathon.” She replied, “what do you want? Done flirting already?” She toyed with her pen on the table, now wishing that anyone would save her from her insufferable brother.
“No, but you should be out there too.” Jonathon said, sitting across from her. Bay readjusted her mask.
“You’re trying to convince me to flirt.” Bay said, “and here I thought you’d still be over protective.” Around them, the band struck up another waltz, and the couples changed their pace.
“Beatrice.” Jon said.
“Bay. Call me Bay.” She insisted. She rubbed the side of her head with the heel of her hand. The countless pins holding her hair back made her head itch and she wanted to take them all out. Jon made eye contact with her and she flinched.
“Stop it.” Bay hissed, “just go away. Please?”
“Go Socialize. Have fun.” Jon said. Bay’s smile turned into a slight, sneaky one.
“Alright, well. I’ll go.” She stood up and headed toward the balcony, pulling the pins out of her hair.
“Excuse me, Sir.” She said, “I didn’t mean to intrude, exactly.
“Oh," he said, "I didn't realize anyone was up here, let alone such a beautiful angel.” Bay giggled.
“Well,” she said, “I just came to escape my brother. But I’ll stay.”
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green