z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy Character Pub and Tavern

Reviews: 3
Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 pm
NicholasStone says...

A mage who doesn't sleep? This mage obviously suspected him, and was now lying to him. This was now an even bigger problem. Now he was a suspect. He needed to get rid of this mage, before he could do anything.
"Beautiful full moon out there," He said, almost longingly. "Are you sure you don't want to take a stroll? This is a very safe town. I could show you the magic shop, which sells shoes in which you will never get tired."
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

Reviews: 1
Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:45 pm
Cramerx says...

I thought about it for a moment: Combining the eternal spell with enchanted shoes would mean that I wouldn't have to stop that I could keep going without putting any more people in danger by resting at a town. Question is was he telling the truth, Normally I could read someone's aura to find out if they were lying or not but he seemed to be telling the truth. So if he was lying then he was really used to it something that I couldn't tell but what I could tell was they was still some hostility towards me and something else....Paranoia. Fused in with the anger and hostility was paranoia but for want reason, Was he being hunted by someone that wanted to kill him? Or was it something else? It may have been a bit of a dangerous choice on my part but I ran my left hand over my right causing the blood to seal with the wound before nodding "Interesting. Please take me there." I said standing up being extremely careful about not showing my right hand. If this man thought I was an enemy then I would have to use the Crimson Claw or else my powers may be unleashed. After that, I would have no idea what could happen....
Men are born without limits but learn about them throughout their years.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:51 pm
NicholasStone says...

Excellent. He would take him to Sir Boromier's Magic shop. It was far enough away so that no one would here the man scream. He might even pick up some of the magic shoes himself. After he killed Boromier, granted. "Very good," He said, and opened the door to the tavern. They walked in the cool night, and the full moon shone brightly. Nicholas did well to keep himself covered from it, until the time was right. After ten minutes, they arrived at the shop. He smiled.
"Here we are," He growled, and thrust of his cloak, exposing his skin to the full moon.
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:01 pm
Cramerx says...

I jumped back when Nicholas pulled his cloak and I suddenly felt a massive flux in bloodlust, It was all coming from him. I cursed under my breath for not realizing that the man was a lycan but I had a bit of trouble finding shapeshifters with my aura reading but never the less I should have realized it. He must have through that I was here to catch him that's why he had a sudden anger towards me in the bar. I tore my hood down revealing my silver hair "No other choice." I said holding my right hand in front me. "I borrow the devil's armor. Crimson Claw Gauntlet!" I shouted. The symbol on my hand glowed red and there was immense pain but I was capable of dealing with it, After all I've had a lot worse. A blood red metal glove appeared on my right arm with dagger-like claws on each of my fingers, It was a powerful spell but I just hoped that I would be able to suppress my power and use it at the same time.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:05 pm
NicholasStone says...

Nicholas loved the raw rush of power he got from turning into a werewolf. The strengthening of his muscles, the elongating of his snout, the claws sprouting from his fingertips. He turned to the man, now several feet taller. He growled hungrily. But he was using a spell. Not just any spell. The Crimson Claw Gauntlet! Nicholas thought, panicked. He had heard terrible stories about that spell, about creatures having their souls ripped out and being slaves eternally to their captor. Maybe the stories were a little exaggerated, but the fear in Nicholas's heart gripped him like iron. He lunged for the mage, claws extended, hoping to tear off the man's hand.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:22 pm
Cramerx says...

Nicholas, now in full lycanthrope form, attacked me with his claws outstretched aiming for my arm. I quickly dropped and moved out of it's path, The crimson claw gauntlet was a powerful and demonic spell. It would feed off the caster's mana until a soul was taken or it was un-cast but at this price it had another effect, The caster's physical attributes would be heightened: Strength, Speed, Stamina, Reflexes, Even senses and durability. Together with it's effects, I should be able to stand up against the werewolf without losing the ability to control my inner power. If I hit him on the chest then the gauntlet would take his soul and everywhere else on his body, The claws would go directly through. All I needed was one good hit to damage him enough that he might leave me alone, Just one good hit. I dashed forward at the werewolf who was standing by a tree with my outstretched right arm, He dodged my attack and the claws of the gauntlet stabbed into the tree. I pulled my weapon out with ease revealing the hole that went six inches deep. Just one hit was all I needed.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:27 pm
NicholasStone says...

Nicholas bellowed. He ran to the shop, lumbered up the side of it, and hid on the other side, crouched, waiting. He knew the mage would look for him, and when he did, it would be the last thing he ever saw. Nicholas would make sure of that.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:02 pm
PixieStix says...

Selene-

I walked back inside, i didnt walk to the grumpy wait oh no, hes a WAREWOLF. Geez... I sat next to another guy who looked nicer.

"Hi, whats your name." okay i was trying to be nice here. I could tell he was reading my thoughts.

"yeah stop pickin through my thoughts alright?" i also entered.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:25 pm
Cramerx says...

I turned around allowing my eyes to scan my surroundings so I could finish this fight quickly. The crimson claw was drawing on my mana, which I had quite a bit of, but never the less it was beginning to make me tired. It was dark, the moonlight served to allow me to see a little better but I would have preferred there be no light at all because then I would have the upper hand. Fighting a werewolf during a full moon wasn't the greatest idea but I didn't have any choice in the matter, My black eyes scanned everything...Nothing, I couldn't see him. At first I thought that he might have left then quickly dismissed the thought, He didn't bring me out here to fight for a few seconds and leave. No, He had far too much Bloodlust...That's it! His bloodlust, I can track it to find him. I closed my eyes to focus and I felt a lot of anger near the shop. I reopened my eyes to scan it again but I still didn't see the werewolf "Where are you hiding?" I muttered as I began to step out, away from the shop, into the clearing so he wouldn't be able to get the drop on me. I snapped the fingers on my left hand causing a small violet flame to appear in my palm, If it was a fight that the lycan wanted then it was a fight that was going to get.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 pm
NicholasStone says...

Nicholas decided it was now or never. He leaped, farther than any normal werewolf could have, but he had trained for hundreds of years. He leaped so far, he landed on the other side of the mage, without making a sound. He hoped he had not sensed him as he stealthily stalked towards him, claws extended.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 pm
Cramerx says...

I shuddered as a chill ran down my spine, The bloodlust that I sensed from the shop just seemed to vanish in an instant. Something was wrong....very wrong. Werewolves can not teleport which meant that he had to move to one of the sides there was no other way......or was there. Werewolves had a great amount of strength but could he have....Oh no. I twisted around just in time to block his outstretched claws with mine, His claws hit the palm of the gauntlet meaning his attack wasn't going to land but neither was mine. I flicked the fireball into his chest but it didn't seem to have any other effect but burn some of his fur "Volutpat quis scriptor!" I shouted as he swung his other claw towards my face, A golden energy shield appeared on my forearm allowing me to block. "I'm not trying to capture you or whatever!" I shouted angrily trying to hold back both of his attacks something that was pretty hard to do.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:25 pm
NicholasStone says...

(If you haven't figured out by now, Nicholas is insane)

Nicholas roared, and swung his claws again and again. The mage blocked each attempt.

"NEVER... GOING... BACK!" He roared, snapping at the man's throat.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 pm
Cramerx says...

(Little cunning, Ain't he?.)

The werewolf snapped at my throat but I pulled against his arms and kicked him in the chest sending me backward out of his reach. My kick didn't affect him in the least but it wasn't supposed to, His bloodlust was unbelievable. I fell to my knees as pain overtook me, I was starting to lose focus....He's coming out. The werewolf growled wildly running at me with his claws extended, He reached down to take off my head but I blocked his attack and used the Crimson Claw to cut his arm off at the elbow. I rolled a crossed the ground behind him as blood gushed "Not sure where ya come from and frankly, I really don't care. But ya try ta mess with me, You ain't going to be living long." I said smugly flexing the crimson claw with a dark grin on my face.

[That's what he meant: Multiple personalities]

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:44 pm
NicholasStone says...

Nicholas saw a dramatic change in the mage's personality. He went from quiet and defensive, to loud and offensive (As in attacking, not rude). He swung the Gauntlet at Nicholas's chest. He jumped up, over the reach of it, and dropped his full weight on the man's arm. He cried out in pain. Nicholas swung for the head again, but was instantly repelled as he touched. Curse the chains of old times! His bonds of imprisonment still afflicted him. He could not hurt the man at this time. So he ran far away, back to the tavern, where he might find an ally.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:58 pm
Cramerx says...

I cracked my neck as the golden shield on my left forearm disappeared "Matthew should really learn to fight or stop trying to keep me inside." I said annoyed kicking the werewolf's forearm which was laying on the ground "The stupid moron could get himself killed fighting like that...Well, I wouldn't mind him getting himself killed but that would mean the body would be destroyed as well." I looked up at the white wisps of clouds that blanketed the moon, Moonlight was still shining through but it was dimmed. I flexed the crimson claw as I looked at the trail of blood that was left by the injured werewolf, I could guess where he went and why he went there. I grinned pulling my black hood over my head. "Hopefully he finds someone to help, It won't be any fun for me if the doesn't last very long." I said grinning. "Besides, I owe that over-grown mutt for stompin' my arm." I stretched the sleeve over my right arm so that only the tips of the claws were visible before following the trail of the werewolf's blood down the path.

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale