z

Young Writers Society

The Virtus vs. The Division (Accepting!)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Roxy ¬

"I'm Roxy," I said in reply to the boys question. "And I hope your daughter," I layed heavy sarcasm into the word, "Is OK," Then I smiled asrcastically at him.
"And what did you do?"
"I blew up my Mum and my Step-dad. My Mum was an accident,"
"You blew them up?" Someone asked.
"Uh-huh. My step-dad had an affair, but then got back with my mum without telling his new girlfriend or me, so I blew up the house, and unfortunatly, my mum was in it,"
Signature Pending

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:01 am

Name: Amy Landy
Appearance:

Spoiler! :

Personality: Intelligant, cold and sarcastic. Very confident and competative.
Past/ How you've escaped the Virtus: Amy escaped the Virtus because she was blamed for a murder of a yound girl becasue Amy was very close to that girl. She stayed, and endured the spiteful comments and dedicated herself to her training. She lost her friends and became lonely and fixed on her training, but finally, she snapped during a little tournament they were having during a class, and killed the girl she fought with. She escaped and joined the Division, seeking revenge.
Skills/Strengths: Good with knives and swords, and will always have one strapped to herself in some way. Usually she wears a belt that hold them all. But (like Grimalkin from the Spooks Books) They form an 'X' over her chest which hold the knives and swords in. She has also been asked to train as an assassin for the Division.
Weaknesses: If she is ever insulted, then she will go into a frenzy and will hurt the person, so she keeps to herself.
Other: X
Up for love?: YES.
Signature Pending

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:11 pm
Shadowlight says...

Rafe Gable:

I had to grin at the motley crew of teens, We have quite a few little pyro's this time around don't we? this is going to be a fun year.
I looked over at Elle and winked, she rolled her eyes, as usual in response.

Elle for the last couple of years had started the faculty introductions, and had given our new students the run down. This year however she seemed in no rush, actually she seemed to be enjoying the teens squirms of embarrassment, after all the introductions were complete and silence settles awkwardly over the infirmary. leaned over towards her.

"Aren't you gonna start?" I asked, that slightly evil smile slowly spread across her face. without even looking at me she answered.

"Aren't you old enough to do some things by yourself, or do you need me to hold you hand?" She was a nasty piece of work!

"No, I don't need you to hold my hand Isabelle, you can if you want to, but I don't need it." Again, I got an eye roll.

"Alright-y then miss icicle." I turned to the two rows of expectant faces, squared my shoulder and began.

"I'm Rafe Gable , I am one of the faculty teachers you will be seeing very often in the weeks to come." I pause for a second. My position never really got a specified name or title. Oh well no time to start wishing now.

"I will be teaching you kids anything and everything having to do with fire and explosives. Expect to be injured in my class. Because I can tell you, no mater how careful you are you will be: burned, scratched, bruised, impaled by shrapnel and you might even loose digits." I held up my mutilated hand, I saw a few swallow.

"When you are in my class I expect nothing but respect form all of you. I will not tolerate any one of you being teenager-like. This means no: eye rolling, deep wistful sighing, back talking, anything remotely Emo or passive aggressive, and I will not tolerate a wise a**. We will be handling explosives, It is my job to see that most of you make it out of training alive. So far I've only lost one student and I would prefer to keep my death toll at one."

I was finished intimidating them. It wasn't very hard for me to do that anyway, I do look the part of a ghetto hit man, and I can act like one when I need to. I'm not really like this at all, but I needed to impress upon all of them that I'm not a pushover or a joke. Their lives depend on it.

I listened d while Elle and Amelia ripped into them for their own purposes. If these kids weren't scared of Elle and Amelia, they were idiots. Heck, I was terrified of those two and I shared a room with them!

(Hope this is alright)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:45 pm
icebender28 says...

Thanks so much for introducing me!

Elle:

"My name is Isabelle Krator." I began. "I will be your Katana instructor. You should know, that I am the hardest teacher in the Faculty, and will hold up to that. My death count, is only two trainees, and let's keep it at that." Several kids, including the goofball, Ade(I think), looked completely terrified. I tried my hardest to hold back a smile. It was just so fun scaring the wits out of trainees!
Rafe leaned over to me as Amelia gave her speech. "Thanks for that terrifying introduction. Now I'm sure they will really look forward to your class." He whispered, very sarcastic.
"Your right. Maybe I should have told them that we train in a pretty pink castle with fairy, strawberry gumdrops, and that the katanas we'll be ussing will be made out of bubbles." His sarcasm was pretty good, but mine was so much better.
he raised his eyebrows. "you seem in a good mood."
"Oh don't be ridiculous. i'm never in a good mood." He made a little silent laugh.
Life is to be lived, not survived.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:00 pm
gleek456 says...

(Hey guys! Shadow, Ice, your posts were awesome! Okay, I'm going to take on three characters: one Virtus, one Division, and one faculty, so I could help with your posts, that okay?)

The Division:

Name: Danielle Margot

Appearance: Danielle has long, straight brown hair, and blue eyes. She is average height for her age, and has a slim, athletic build. She wears black nailpolish and eyeliner often, not that she's emo or goth or anything.

Spoiler! :
kaya-scodelario-black-leather-jacket.jpg
Danielle Margot
kaya-scodelario-black-leather-jacket.jpg (52.85 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Personality: Danielle is decieving and sly. She is pretty happy most of the time, and around others. She loves to have fun and can be annoying sometimes. Dainelle can be cold to people she doesn't know. To the people in the Division, she seems to let out her "childish" side, and by childish, I mean, she's is exactly like an 8 year old child.

Past/ How you've escaped the Virtus: Danielle was taken in by the Virtus when she was 11, for smuggling a gun in her school and killing her principal for suspending her. Danielle lasted pretty long in the Virtus, until she had enough. She didn't want to train anymore, since she thinks that she's pretty good in everything she does. So, she managed to escape, killing three security gaurds and one trainee. Danielle got taken in by the Division and has been with them ever since.

Skills/ Strengths: Danielle is pretty good at everything she does. She is strong for her age, and fast. Danielle loves martial arts and the katana, and usually uses those to defend herself.

Weaknesses: Danielle absolutely hates bugs. If she ever sees a bug, she will die of fear. Danielle also can't handle grenades and explosive things. She can't even say the word "bomb". She either uses "thingy that explodes" or "deathly firecracker".

Other: Danielle is up for love, and she's straight.

Virtus Faculty:

Name: Emma "Ems" Wilson

Gender, Male-Female if it isn't obvious: Female

Appearance: Emma has long, curly, blonde hair that she always wears in a bun. She has bright green eyes and long eyelashes. During work, Emma wears a nurse's cap and uniform. When she's not working, she's either wearing a sundress and flats, or jeans and a t-shirt. Emma is pretty tall, and is skinny.

Spoiler! :
Katie-Cassidy_gallery_primary.jpg
Emma
Katie-Cassidy_gallery_primary.jpg (76.17 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Personality: Emma is a sweetheart. She is kind to anyone and anything. She never snaps at people or loses it. Emma maintains her emotions very well. She is motivating and hard working. Emma loves helping people. The people who know her may describe her as "sweet", "kind", and "caring". She's pretty much the mother to everyone.

Past/Criminal Record: Emma doesn't really have a criminal record. She is the daughter of the Head, and volunteered to help once she graduated from medical school. Emma was born in the Head's family, where killing is in their blood. She is the only one that didn't want to kill. The Head found this amusing and useful, and accepted her offer to being the Virtus's nurse.

Skills/ Strengths: Emma can stand anything disgusting, which benefits in her job. She excels in archery very well. Emma is a graduated nurse.

Weaknesses: Emma can't fight. Period. She is horrible with the katana, scared of combat, and stays away from explosives and guns. She is pretty much defenseless, except for the bow and arrow.

Other: Emma has an accent, a country-ish accent. Think of Kristin Chenoweth's accent!
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Where's the discussion thread? o.O
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:25 pm
gleek456 says...

Hey guys! DT here: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic85531.html

82 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:42 pm
View Likes
gleek456 says...

Danielle Margot

I walked into the Meeting Hall, where all the other Division members were. The lights were dimmed, and there was a slideshow waiting to start. There were chairs lined up beside a long table, and there were papers and pencils for each chair. I could easily find Katja sitting in one of the chairs. I skipped my way to a chair beside her. Before sitting, I throw my arms over her neck and hug her. She turns around with a shocked face.

"Katja!" I sing. Katja lets out a huff. I quickly sit beside her while she tries to re-arrange her collar, after I hugged her.

"Danielle, how many times do I have to tell you? Stop doing that, or be killed," she warned. I sigh.

"But if you were to kill me, thanks to my skills, I could easily defend myself!" I replied. Katja rolled her eyes and turned to the slideshow. Someone was controlling it while explaining what is happening.

"Apparently, the Virtus is recruiting," they said. I looked up. "The papers in front of you are documents of what we found out about their recruits. Name, age, background, you name it."

I look down to my papers to find few sets with pictures attatched.

Emma Wilson

I smiled down upon the new recruits. Suddenly, my smile disappeared when I remembered why they were here. They're here to kill, and killing can lead to injuries for themselves. I don't want anyone to suffer. Though, I can't talk dad out of this. I sigh at the thought.

While Amelia introduced herself, I took the opportunity of checking all the recruit's health status. I walked to one of the recruits. Roxy? Was that her name? I injected a needle into her. She winced, then looked at me with a sharp look.

"Oh! Don't mind me! I just need blood to check your status. I'll be doing it to everyone else. Sorry for interrupting Amelia," I apologized.

(Hope I portrayed Katja and Roxy right! If not, I'll edit.)

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:14 pm
Justagirl says...

Amelia Jurmene -

"Hi everyone." I started, smiling at all of them. "I'm Amelia Jermene. But you can call me Amelia. Or Ms. Amelia - you pick." I watched as the kids started to relax a little at my kind introduction. Now the fun part, "I'm your guns and firearms instructor. When you're in my class you will always follow my rules, or you will die. Literally. I've had the highest death toll of all the instructors here in the Virtus and it's because some wise **ses forgot my rules for 5 seconds. Then they died - seven of them," I smirked at the kids. "So, like I've said before, listen to my rules - you'll be fine. Forget or ignore them? You'll die. Then I'll punish you." I smiled. "And welcome to the Virtus kiddies."

Emma started checking blood pressure and such. "Oh! Don't mind me!" She said kindly, "I just need blood to check your status. I'll be doing it to everyone else. Sorry for interrupting Amelia."

"No worries, I'm done." The kids looked stricken at all of the intimidating speeches they'd just heard.

"All right everyone! Lets bring you up to your dormitories..." Said Emma as she finished her health checks and started leading them away.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

82 Reviews

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:20 pm
gleek456 says...

Marissa Vanderven

I rub my arm after that Nurse stuck the needle. I take deep breaths as we followed the faculty out of the infirmary. We passed by many rooms, including what seemed to be a weight room and a dining hall, to Ade's delight.

They stopped when we reached a metal door. My eyes widened. It really looks like it would lead to a jail cell. The Nurse quickly turned around.

"Now, before we go in, I forgot to introduce myself," she started. "My name is Emma Wilson, and I am the Nurse here in the Virtus. I have no death tolls like the others, and I am probably the most gentle out of all of us," she conluded. She turned around again and opened the door.

The room didn't really look like a jail cell, it looked more... peaceful. The walls were spring green and there were seperate beds. The faculty walked in, and we followed.

"This is where you'll be sleeping after dinner," Amelia said. We all nodded while the faculty leaves. Amelia turned around before walking through the door and shot us a stern look.

"No funny business," she said sternly before leaving. We all nodded and sat on the beds.

(Hope I portrayed Amelia right!)

30 Reviews

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:15 pm
icebender28 says...

Hey guys! I'll post later, but I got to go right now. :D

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:21 pm
VuzzyCat says...

Ivy

I get off my bed while everyone is announcing themselves. "I'm Ivy," I say shortly when it's my turn.

"Ivy what?" someone says.

"Just Ivy," I don't really feel like giving these people my last name. "And I'm in here for robbing a bank in two minutes flat, stealing a priceless artifact, and then returning everything I stole. I got caught returning them."

Yep, that was me. I smile at the confused faces around the room but don't feel like explaining. "So, do I have to go through training, or can I just skip the the fighting?" It would be a waste of time to train.

They ignore me of course and bring us out to where we'd be sleeping. Great, now I'm going to be monitored. I roll my eyes as I sit down on my new bed. If I have to train, can't we just start already?

(Sorry I didn't write more!)
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

30 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:13 am
icebender28 says...

Elle:

We had some pretty weird new recruits. I mean, what kind of a theif steals something then returns it? I mean, then you're just borrowing, not stealing, right?
After they were dropped off at their quarters, I went to my small corner of the room where we train recruits. Since we usually fight on the big pad in the middle of the room, my corner was just for storing katanas and protective gear.
I grabbed a katana and went over to the mat. It was my own, personal katana that I had made myself, and the only one I used.
I stared at it for a moment; the long black blade, red and silver intracatly carved handle and handgaurd. And my favorite part, on the handle end, I had carved in a symbol of strength in Japenese. Why Japenese? Because it seems the most complicated and graceful style of writing, to me at least.
My watch beeped. I had wasted all my time looking at the katana, now I had to go to dinner. I sighed and put the sword back in it's white sheath and on it's shelf, and ran out the door.

(Sorry there's not more, but it's 10:12 PM my time and I have school in the morning! :) )

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:53 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Ade

I skipped dinner, wasn't hungry anyway. Instead I started exploring the place. It wasn't like anyone told us not to, right? So I wandered around the place until I came to a big room. It was empty of people, but full of mats and work out equipment. There was something in every corner of the room. There were punching bags, weights, sparring area's. This place was one that I would be spending a lot of my time in, just messing around. Already I could think of about eight tricks to play on people, and that was off the top of my head. I walked up to a punching bag and grinned before hitting it. It felt good to hit things again, instead of just making trouble for the cops.

"Ade."

I knew that voice. I whirled. "Augie?" I asked in disbelief.

She looked around in horror. "You have to be quiet! I'm not supposed to be here!" She hissed softly, and stepped forward, her eyes filling with sadness. "You have to get out Ade. It isn't safe for you here."

"What do you mean?"

"They were serious, you could die here. You have to get out."

"And face time in jail? No way!"

"No, you could just come join me."

"Join you? You're here aren't you?"

She shook her head. "No. I left. These people are monsters."

I backed away from my big sister and started to realize how she had changed. Her face was hardened, not like the instructors here, but in a way that cruelty hardens the eyes. She was shorter than me now, and a lot thinner than I remembered. "What are you telling me?"

"I need to protect you Ade. The Virtus will kill you, the Division is the place to go."

"I don't get it-"

Footsteps sounded outside the door and I glanced over ther, when I looked back, Augie was gone. She left me with more questions than answers.
Llamas do not have six packs

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:54 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

I thought I'd try to get this going again, its a really good idea and I don't want it to fall so quick
Llamas do not have six packs

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf