z

Young Writers Society

Dark Visions

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed May 25, 2011 5:02 pm
LadySpark says...

Nila

The pain was suddenly gone. I sat up, and it was like coming out of a refreshing sleep. Arthur was slumped beside me, and Nefertitti and Isis were standing on my chest.
"What happened?" I said, looking at Isis. But it was Nefertitti who answered.
"Arthur gave me speach and healing powers to save you Misstress Nila."

I growled. "He did what?"
"He saved you. And now I save him." Nefertitti walked over to Arthur and pounced on his chest.
He shivered and came to, to face me, and I can promise it probably wasn't a welcoming,loving expression that greeted him.
"umm.. Hi Nila..."
"How could you do that Arthur? Save me, when we had a battle to fight and they need you to lead, and you save me ??"
"I had to! I couldn't leave you... Not knowing if you were ok..."
I looked at him, my anger slowly fading. "Yes you could! They need you!"

He grabbed me and wrapped his arms around me, kissing me passionatly. I resisted, wanting to make sure he knew I was mad. But to soon, the anger disapeared and all that replaced it was the sure feeeling that I was extremly thankful I had a boyfriend who loved me as much as Arthur did.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed May 25, 2011 6:29 pm
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

Although Nila was healthy again, her thoughts were shooting daggers at me. Of all the things I could've done, I just had to save Nila. When I left her with Nefertiti, I let the tears fall. I just couldn't let Nila suffer on my account. I commanded Isis, "You stay behind and hold the fort until we get back."
Isis shook her head and said, "Arthur, I'm coming with you. Don't say that this is no place for a kitten my age or a cat Nefertiti's age. Some of the Institute's staff are allergic to cats, so you need me in this predicament. Nefertiti can look after her mistress, so I'll look after you. I know you're the master of the house, but if you die out there, then this house has no master. Your life is precious here, Arthur."
I couldn't argue with that. Nila meant everything to me, like Isis before her. I decided to rally the troops and call in the attack. I thought, Ashe, hang in there. The calvary's on its way.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

355 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2011 8:11 pm
LadySpark says...

Nila

We were loaded into the van. I felt sad, leaving our safe house, where so many things had happened...
Arthur helped me and Nefertitti into the truck, then made sure everyone was comfortable, before climbing in himself.

I knew that we were heading to a possible death, but I also knew we'd be okay. I hoped.
~
We drove up to the gates, and all hopped out. Arthur slung his bow and arrow over his shoulder, and came around and helped me down. I slipped into his arms, and kissed his cheek, then grabbed my own weapons.

"Ready troops?" Arthur shouted, waving his fist in the air.
"Yeah!" we all shouted, highfiving each other.

Arthur's eyes found mine and he smiled slightly. I knew what that smile meant. It meant Remeber, I love you more than anything...
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed May 25, 2011 9:46 pm
jessig833 says...

Jake

Arthur said it would be best if we split up."Fine by me." I could see Nila watching him I bet she wanted to be paired with him.
"Do you think we're going to need any cover?" I asked him we didnt need to just run into this without a back up plan.

"Yea I have a potion that would help with that.Why do you ask?" he said walking over to nila.

" It will make all of you unseen for 60 seconds. That should be long enough for us to get past the front gates." he explained

"Well, if we need father cover I could bring in some fog." I said directing this at Arthur

"Good to know. Lets go" Arthur said heading for the gates.

32 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2011 4:57 pm
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

Nila and I made our way to the mess hall. I installed three stinkbomb potions in the kitcten when I heard a cry in pain. Ashe wasn't going to hold on much longer, I could feel it. I decided to investigate while Nila was distracted. Shifting into a cobra, I slunk through the air shaft and followed the cry to a cage. The shapes inside were Ashe and Azure, I was sure of it. However, it made no sense. It looked too easy, so chances were I was about to walk into a trap.
A male voice said, "Well hello there, Arthur."
I didn't dare shift back, nor did I talk. If I did, then it was over for me. Instead, I released my hood to show intimitation.
The voice amused, "You were like your mother when she found out about me. Turned herself into a poisonous serpent so she'll get rid of me and keep you alive. I'm surprised she wasn't buried with her pendant on. No matter, she was easily disposible. Just one shot in the head and she was out like a light."
I hissed, "You killed my mother?! How dare you."

~~~Les Miserables

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu May 26, 2011 5:48 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Cataluna Zara
I slipped easily through a window into my room taking a guard by surprise before he could raise his gun he was on the floor unconcious. I smirked slightly and tied him up using the sterile white sheets that still lay on my bed. I walked over to my altar and pulled out an iron bowl time for some heavy duty spell casting I pricked my finger and let four drops of blood fall into the bowl as each drop fell I said "By the power of water, fire air, and earth within show them what it means to screw with people beloved by the goddess as I say it and will it so mote it be." I sucked my finger clean and then unscrewed a dark purple bottle sealed with turquoise I poured the dark red dragons blood and ground up onyx inside then as a final touch added a Ishtar stone carved in the name of Sekhmet goddess of the dead and chaos. I took a deep breath and blew the very fine powder into the air vents willing air to carry it to each of the guards. I felt a wave of blackness pass in front of my eyes but I gritted my teeth and slipped my bowl and the rest of my potions and gems into my bag still on my hip. I slipped out of the room and crept down the hall counting down inside my head then I heard the guards start screaming and cursing and the staff do the same.
*Basically what she did is the spell she cast will cause the guards and staff to hallucinate for 10 minutes which she hopes is enough to get Ashe and Azure out and get to Crow's*
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu May 26, 2011 7:24 pm
sylverdawn says...

Ashe Breaker:

Ashe tensed as Greaves moved towards Arthur. His brother's snake form was far larger than an ordinary snake, but then that was the norm for shifters. For hours Ashe had been waiting for this, the moment Greaves turned his back on him. Eroneously deeming Arthur the greater threat. He knew he'd only have one shot at this and he had to make it count.

Over the course of the day he had tested the limits of the collar he wore, and found a fatal flaw. The collars were designed to lock down specific powers, without prior knowledge of what their target was capable of they were useless. Ashe knew that as soon as he showed his second power the scientists in the testing room would work to shut it down too, so when Greaves walked towards Arthur, Ashe gritted his teeth and through up his hand.

A bolt of lightning shot from his palm and across the room, slamming into the computer bank and causing a minor explosion. As Greaves whirled around to stare in shock at Ashe he smirked. In his mind's eyes Ashe could see the lightning feeding into the electrical system and overloading the circuits. Power shut down throughout the entire facility plunging the buildings into shadow.

Overhead there was a faint pop as the lights shattered and darkness consumed the windowless room, the only light came from the sparks of blue-white lightning arcing up and down Ashe's arm.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

8 Reviews

Thu May 26, 2011 7:40 pm
jessig833 says...

Jake

I had entered the building through my dorm window. I had made it down the hall when all the power was shut off. I felt along the wall trying to find one of the others. I stoped and grew silent I could hear foot steps heading toward me thats when I spotted a light.Must be a flash light.I thought as I tensed for a fight.

32 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2011 3:23 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

I saw the sparks that ran on Ashe's arm. It was just amazing. The Chairman had his attention off me for the moment, so I seized the moment by biting his heel.
He grunted and fell to the floor. He looked at me and hissed, "You filthy boy. Your mother would've punished you for hurting your father."
I returned to my normal self, drew out a knife, and said, "You were never my father. A father is kind, protective of his children, and able to raise them. You never raised me. Mother, Gramps, and Nanna raised me." I lifted the knife. "This is for my mother." I stabbed the Chairman. "This is for my grandparents." I stabbed him again. "And this is for my new family, Ashe and all my friends." I stabbed him with all my strength one last time.
The Chairman jabbed me in the stomach with a switchblade and said sickly to me, "Then join your mother, witch-boy."
I grunted as he twisted the blade. I cried, "Ashe, help me!"

~~~Les Miserables

66 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2011 8:57 pm
sylverdawn says...

*I'm exhausted so this will be short.*

Ashe Breaker:

In the darkness Ashe heard Arthur cry out. Considering he hadn't known he had a brother until just the other day it was surprising how quickly the two of them had become protective of each other. Ashe could already sense his lightning power shutting down as the collar was adjusted, so that option was out.

"I should have just shot him in the back." Ashe thought. "But nooo, I had to be 'honorable'."

Growling Ashe fisted his hands and raised his arms into the air. Above his head a sphere of swirling blue light coalesced as he spoke casting the shadows back from where he stood, Azure beside him. "I call on the Beasts that wait in the shadows, the two-natured of the distant worlds. I call the Wolves, Revna, Serid, Taiza, and Bore to the human plane. Answer thy masters call!"

There was a faint crack as he finished speaking. An almost inaudible sound as the Gateway between worlds opened. The four wolves leapt from the gateway, two of them were in their animal forms there coats as white as new fallen snow. They moved to flank Ashe, crouching protectively in front of him. Revna and Taiza on the other hand were in their Dire-Wolf forms, six inch longs talons glinted in the faint blue light as the black and red wolves charged Greaves, knocking him away from Arthur.

The four wolf siblings were the only Were-Beasts Ashe trusted. All four had been trained for battles of all kind, they could hold their own. Ashe thought with a sigh as he lowered his arms, the Gateway above his head closing.

*All I can think of right now, also could someone please review my book Fireborn, I need serious feedback.*

novel.php?id=1157

32 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 1:32 am
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

The smell of wolves was unmistakable, but I barely had any time to prevent the blood from flowing out. Because of my wound, I could barely keep my eyes open. I whispered, "Please help. I'm bleeding."
One of the wolves just stared at me, then the other approached cautiously towards me. It sniffed at me for a moment, then began to lick my wound clean. Its companion dragged me to Ashe by the shirt. I felt myself being lifted by the armpits against the cage. Ashe's voice whispered in my ear, "Hold on, Arthur. You'll be alright."
I said weakly, "The switchblade. It's in my stomach. I can't yank it out. I need help."

~~~Les Miserables

355 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 3:50 pm
LadySpark says...

Nila

I ran towards Ashe and Arthur. My heart beating so fast, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Arthur was bleeding, and his face was pale. he kept saying "Help me, help me." I ran towards them, but a wolf jumped out at me growling...

Azure
I had been following Ashe and Arthur, but bent down to tie my tennis shoe. When I stood up, I went the way I thought they had gone, but I ended up in a room full of mirrors. I approached one, and looked at my reflection. It was blurry, and suddenly, it seemed to mist over, and a woman appeared on the glass in front of me. Her hair was curly like mine, but streaked with blue. Her dress seemed to be made of gossamer, and I knew who she was. Me in my true form of a nymph.

"Hello Azure," The blue girl said.
"Hello Sunila," I said, nodding my head.

"Its time."
I shook my head, refusing to believe it. "I don't want to leave. I've found him, the one I was destined for. Why can't I stay till I'm old."

The blue girl shook her head. "You come peacfully, or you die a painful death and join me the hard way. Your choice."
"If you know me, you know I don't come peacfully. Ever."

She shrugged, and the thin wrap on her shoulder fell down to her elbow. "So be it. I knew you would resist. But the Master insisted."
"How painful will it be?" I said, my words hestant.
"Very. But it will also be a noble death to save the one you love."
"Ashe?"
She shook her head. "Think Azure. Why did you flirt with Ashe in the first place?"
"To get that Arthur kid."
"Exactly. And now it pains you to see Nila and Arthur so happy together. Don't worry. Their fates are intertwinned. They'll be together for their lives."

My heart was rising in my throat. "So I'll die, saving Arthur?"

She nodded, and disapeared from the mirror.

*Okay everyone, Azure is actually a fairy, and she has been destined to leave this earth. I want it to be a really noble,painful death, but first I want Ashe or someone to save her. Fang, had to do it, couldn't help it.*
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

32 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 7:32 pm
Redfang18 says...

Arthur Jameston

I grunted as the switchblade was pulled out of my stomach. The blood was still flowing, but I had the healing potion with me. I took two mouthfuls and felt a sting as the wound closed itself. I grunted again and said weakly, "I need to rest, Ashe. I've lost a lot of blood, thanks to our father. While the potion heals me, I need to rest for a while." I stared at the wolf holding Nila away from me and Ashe. "Please, let her pass. I need her with me."
Nila ran to me and held me in her arms. Her thoughts were on me. She knew I was suffering and wanted to stay with me, be with me until I was strong enough to lead again.
Staring over Nila's shoulder, I saw Azure and noticed something in her thoughts. She wanted me, but she flirted with Ashe to get to me. I smiled weakly and said calmly, "Sorry, Azure. First come, first serve. I'm offically taken."

~~~Les Miserables

66 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 10:11 pm
sylverdawn says...

*The reason Ashe trusts the wolf siblings is because they were the ones who saved him when he was attacked. I'd like to point out that Azure is still wearing her collar. Also wouldn't the faeries be uneasy allies with the Were-Beasts?*

Ashe Breaker:

"Ouch. She used you to get to you're brother? That's gotta hurt." Bore snickered as she lifted her head scenting the air. Revna smacked his younger sister on the head as he passed by. Serid brushed against his leg, her weight a comforting prescence.

Ashe jumped as Taiza slid up behind him and grasped the collar, ripping it in two with sheer brute strength. He stared at Azure in bemusement for a moment and then stiffened as the air behind her rippled. It was different from the Gate Ashe had opened. It was more subtle.

As a pair of blue tinged hands reached out to grab her Ashe snarled and leaped forward. Changing without thought he pounced, pulling Azure away from the gate and snarling. Venom dripped from fangs that were never meant to hold it. Soft feathery black wings reached and wrapped protectively around Azure.

Panther. Snake. Eagle. The three discordant images sang in Ashe's mind as he combined them. The body of a panther, the wings of an eagle, the fangs of a viper. His tail lashed in agitation as he eyed the spot where the Gate had been. It was gone now.

He turned and eyed Azure in the protective curve of his wing, his gaze sweeping the room as he realized something was missing, or rather... someone. "Where's our father?"

novel.php?id=1157

8 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 10:29 pm
jessig833 says...

Jake

Jake ran down the hall,he could feel alot of life forces in the room up ahead.It was pulling him father down the hall.He could hear talking. he walking "What the hell !!" He said he was meet at thhe door with a beast with a panthers body, and some wings with snake fang.

"Jake Its me Ashe." He said as he stepped aside for me to come in.

"Why do you look like that?" Jake asked eyeing Ashe from across the room.

"It's my power.I'm a shapeshifter."He explained "King of the shapeshifter." Arthur added."Oh and turns out we're brothers.

"Ok..so does anyone know where the others at?"Jake said looking at the door and back at Arthur.

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery