z

Young Writers Society

Survive Them - Started, Accepting

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:31 am
ultraviolet says...

The plot is simple: You wake up in the cafeteria of an abandoned concrete prison. The electricity doesn't work. Outside, you are in the middle of the wilderness, no civilization to be found. You have a single weapon and a single tool of survival, be it a sleeping bag, a fishing rod, a water skin, etc. It's your job not to die.

What you don't know is that there is a team of scientists whose research has landed you there. They're monitoring you, seeing how you'll react. It's their job to throw obstacles in your way and see if you can survive them.

Rules:

-> Typical SB rules
-> No God-modding
-> No explicit sex
-> No graphic gore
-> No strong language
-> Keep your posts at least a paragraph long
-> If you stop participating in the SB, tell us so we don't keep dragging your character along

Name:
Appearance/Picture:
Personality:
History:
Skills:
Weaknesses:
Weapon:
Survival Tool:
Up For Love:
Other:

I'm going to start this once we get enough people. I'll let people in after we start, but it's up to them to get caught up on what's going on and to make it seem like they were there all along. Please try to keep the gender ratio fairly even.

People in SB:

Claira Memmer
Juliette Henderson
Timmy (Thomas) Grigorovich
Tobias (Toby) Cole
Vince Conferido
Edgar Monroe
Jamie
Kili Burkke
Danyel Cruz
Last edited by ultraviolet on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

262 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:28 am
ultraviolet says...

Name: Claira Memmer

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Is quiet, not necessarily out of shyness, though she can be shy when she wants to be. She sort of blends into the background, but she likes to help out with things and hates feeling useless. She's generally more of a follower and likes people who give very clear directions, but she tends to take the lead if she feels the people around her aren't doing a good enough job and is good at figuring out situations.

History: She grew up in the country, but her family was never the type to hike or hunt or such, so she doesn't have too many of those skills well developed. However, she's comfortable in those terrains by being around them so much, even if not for extended periods. She was homeschooled up until ninth grade, explaining her quietness, so she's used to being alone and figuring things out without much help. But she sometimes feels like she doesn't understand a lot of things around her, a lot of things about people, because of this, despite being pretty good at figuring them out.

Skills: Natural instinct, good at figuring out situations, is naturally athletic, won't put up with bossy/snobby people

Weaknesses: Can overreact, can feel too much pressure over situations though she still handles them well on the outside, doesn't know much about nature or survival, isn't good with most weapons

Weapon: Small dagger

Survival Tool: Water bottle

Up For Love: Sure

Other: Is wearing jeans, a tank top, running shoes, a zip up sweat shirt, and has her hair up in a pony tail.
Last edited by ultraviolet on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:55 am
SisterItaly says...

Name: Juliette Henderson

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Julie is very jumpy and nervous. She's a good example of bravery does not equal unafraid. She will still try and stand up for herself, and speak up for herself. Though she doesn't do a very good job of it. She has a Panic disorder, and that results in her having panic attacks at any moment.

Skills: Fast, good with tools

Weaknesses: Panic disorder, anxiety

Weapon: Small handgun

Survival Tool: Sleeping bag

Up For Love: Yes!

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:16 am
Camulaeus says...

Name: Timmy (Thomas) Grigorovich.

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Timmy was always the last one picked for teams, the last one anybody wanted to be seen with and the last person somebody would invite to a party. He is used to rejection, and is prepared to accept it, but tries to avoid it by being goofy and fun. He pulls pranks and jokes that are sometimes funny. On the inside though, he is a very serious person, and a very emotional guy.

Skills: Mechanic, fast runner

Weaknesses: Tries to hard to be goofy, not very strong

Weapon: Revolver Pistol

Survival Tool: Flints

Up For Love: Yes

History: Tim's mom died in child-birth, and his father was merely a teen. From a young age he had to work to feed himself, and thus never had money or time to make friends. He has lived in a trailer for most of his life; with a past time of fiddling with spare bits. He was better at fixing than creating, though he did mange to make a slightly operating engine once.

Other: His dad was a mechanic; which gives Tim a wide array of mechanical knowledge.
Last edited by Camulaeus on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:08 pm
Rydia says...

This looks interesting! I think I'll use a character from one of my novels :)

Name: Tobias (Toby) Cole
Appearance/Picture: Toby has blue-green eyes, but the right is more blue and the left is more green. He has a full face, high cheek bones and his hair is medium brown and gelled into a failed attempt at a mohawk that flops over at both sides like crashing waves. He has broad shoulders and a good, even distribution of weight. He's currently wearing a rope necklace, ending in a loose overhand knot, a dark blue t-shirt with the design of silver wings, a pair of black jeans and navy trainers.

Image:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Toby is an out-going, mildly intelligent boy with a tendancy to obsess over things. Currently he is obsessing over his girlfriend, obsessing over how he's going to get back to her but also obsessed with finding out what the hell is going on. He's a rather angsty teen who gets grumpy when he doesn't get his way but, though he does complain, he looks for a solution too instead of just sitting back and letting it happen. He's talkative and has a good sense of humour, though it edges on the dark side of things. He likes to ask a lot of questions.

History: Toby lost his mum six years ago and never really warmed up to the new woman his dad married, or his half sister, Amber, for that matter. He lost some of the closeness he used to share with his dad which resulted in some extended camping trips, his dad's attempt to relive the past. The death of his mother caused Tobias to grow more selfish and defensive and he lost some of his charm and popularity. However, Toby is still pretty well liked and certainly not short of friends. He has a close knit group which includes Ollie, James and Daniel, all very different boys but a force to be reckoned with on the playground. He's dating a girl called Laura but is obsessively in love with her friend Faye. Rather than explain the situation, he's going to be telling people that he has to get home to see his girlfriend, but he really means Faye and not Laura.

Skills: Resourceful and determined and he has some experience of camping.

Weaknesses: Toby's not good at taking orders and he can be selfish at times so he doesn't work well in a team. He's never used a weapon bigger than a pocket knife and he's used to having his step mum cook for him.

Weapon: Crossbow and bolts.
Survival Tool: A bottle of water treatment
Up For Love: You can fall in love with him but he probably won't love you back
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

262 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:59 pm
ultraviolet says...

Great characters guys. Keep it up. :)

Edit: I've decided to add History to the character profiles, so if you'll update the profiles, that'd be great.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 pm
Calligraphy says...

deleted
Last edited by Calligraphy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:09 am
Jenthura says...

Hey, this looks like it may be fun. I'll join.

Name: Edgar Monroe
Appearance/Picture: Here
Personality: Stuck up and annoying.
History: Edgar was in private school up until recently. A nasty situation got him thrown out of school and he spends all his time on the couch in front of the TV.
Skills: Academic
Weaknesses: His puny physique.
Weapon: Crowbar
Survival Tool: Stainless steel police flashlight
Up For Love: Nope
Other: He's pretty far into the pudgy side, but a little survival ought to shape him up a bit.
-ж-Ж-ж-

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:18 am
*coco says...

*weapon edited*

Name: Jamie

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

History: A few months ago, Jamie was just an ordinary 16 year-old girl living her life; dating boys, going to school, planning her prom...all that changed on the night of her best-freind's birthday when a drunk driver lost conrol of the wheel and hit the car they were in. Jamie was the only survivor of the accident. Her friends all died instantly at the scene. Jamie remembers none of this because the accident left her with severe head trauma causing amnesia. All she knows is that her name is Jamie, and all she remembers is waking up in this forest with a taser in one hand and a compass in the other...

Personality: Before her accident Jamie was a lively, popular and glamorous teen with a great personality. It's no surpise that after her accident, Jamie's become incredibly quiet. She just wants to remember everything and get the hell out of this mess, but that's proving easier said than done.

Skills: She's good with animals, and basic jobs such as cooking and fetching wood. She's also good at settling arguments and making difficult decisons.

Weaknesses: Can sometimes get nightmares from her past, this can leave her feeing extremely frustrated over her amnesia.

Weapon: A taser

Survival Tool: A compass

Up For Love: Sure

Other: She has a large scar running down her arm from the accident
Last edited by *coco on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

262 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm
ultraviolet says...

Nice profiles guys! But coco, I was wondering if you could change your weapon? Since two people already have kinds of guns, and I want everything to have some variety.

After we get one or two more people, then we can start this. :)

~asofterworld.com

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:43 pm
RedBird says...

Name: Kili Burkke

Appearance/Picture:

Personality: Kili is almost always cheerful and loves to be around other people. Even before this strange turn of events, her life was hard, but she always remained happy. However, in the off-chance that she becomes angered or annoyed, she can become aggressive. She is fiercely protective of her friends and family and will go so far as to put her own life on the line for them.

History: Kili's life before wasn't exactly pleasant. Up until a few years ago, her dad, who was sober only around ten percent of the time, beat her quite a lot and also abused her mother. Two years ago, she finally got up the courage to report him to the police, and he is now in prison. However, her mom had a very hard time finding a job, and so the two of them have been living low for a while. Kili worked after school, and also fenced at the local fencing club. This was the only activity that she really enjoyed and the only thing that she could really do.

Skills: She is athletic from her experience fencing, and can (obviously) sword-fight. She is a very good people-person as well. Very protective of friends and family.

Weaknesses: Kili is very emotional, which can cloud her judgement. While she isn't easily angered, when she IS, she becomes very aggressive.

Weapon: Sword

Survival Tool: Fire-starting kit

Up For Love: Yes

Other: zip
Last edited by RedBird on Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:07 am
Dreamwalker says...

Do you mind if I claim a spot? And for the first time in my storybooking history, for a female? Dun dun dunnnnn. XD
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

262 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:08 am
ultraviolet says...

No prob. And after you, we can probably start. :)

~asofterworld.com

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:42 am
Jenthura says...

Yay! By the way, I know you said no god-modding, so I made my character pretty nasty. Did I go too far?
I'm pretty unexperienced when it comes to SB's.
-ж-Ж-ж-

262 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:52 pm
ultraviolet says...

Jen, it's pretty much up to you. Just as long as your characters not some Gary-Stu that takes over the SB, I don't really have much of a problem with it. You can still change your character too, if you want, since we haven't started yet.

~asofterworld.com

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo