z

Young Writers Society

House of Murder

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:54 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Piper

I shook with left over terror. The girls bold act resonated within me. When we all began to speak up I knew that something terrible would happen. Then, when She took her and in-injected her with that green liquid... I wanted to call out to her defence but I knew that I shouldn't. I could do nothing when I was dead. And when the tremors of electricity began to radiate up my arm and Dey held me I was comforted. I put my face into his chest, not able to watch as She picked up a syringe of black liquid.

What was done was done. We had witnessed Her kill an innocent child. I just wanted to curl up and cry. Without that ability, I attached myself to Dey's side hoping I wouldn't have to leave him.

Suddenly, a chill passed through me. My mind wondered to more terrifying places. Unfathomable thoughts raced around me. I looked at Dey, never wanting to know what it would have been like if he had spoken up first.

He was staring at me. Our eyes locked. Questions ran through my head. From the look in his eyes, he had questions too. I leaned close, knowing that I couldn't turn back, pressed my lips hopefully to his.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:14 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I held on tight to Liam's hand as the psychopath woman came cloer, my grip tightening with every step she took. There was no question that she was looking directly at Leda and Liam.

Finally, she stood before us and I was sure that Liam's hand was numb from my death grip, but he didn't show any signs of me hurting him.

When she told them to go to the fifth floor, I had to bight back my screams and accusations. Liam tried to slid his hand from mine, but had trouble with it. Then she looked at us that I figured out that by showing her my emotional attachment to him, she would only hurt him worse, and probably only get more joy from it. So I allowed Liam to have his hand back and scoop up Leda.

I watched them as they walked out of the game room and kept my eyes on the door, waiting for them to reenter, and my ears wide open, so if I heard screams I could try to go and help them.
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:43 pm
Dragonette says...

Dey~

I was suprised by the kiss, but I can't say that I wasn't thinking about the same thing. My desire to keep her safe and protected drew my closer to her. I heard a couple snickers around me and I realized that everyone was watching. Piper smiled sheepishly, but I just glared at everybody. Suddenly the hall grew instantly quiet and everyone's faces turned grave. Turning, I saw the devil herself walk into the hall. I called her some pretty mean words in my head as she walked by, but I didn't dare say them out loud, or even look up to glare at her (and I hate myself for being such a coward). Of couse I grabbed Piper's hand protectively and pulled her behind me, determined to protect her under all circumstances.

The Supervisor marched up to Leda and Liam and told them promptly that they were to follow her. Not only that, but I heard her say the fifth floor. With resistance from his girlfriend (at least I assumed they were together), Liam picked up his sister and started walking the stairs.

Well, golly, that was sure easy for her majasty. Way to easy. And I wasn't going to let anything happen to any more kids up in her lair. So, being the friendly rebel that I am, I let go of Piper's hand rushed one of the keepers. Knocking him in the face, I made him stumble over and almost fall. This, of course, caused the rest of the keepers (about two more) to rush at me. But being in as many street fights that I've been in, it wasn't so bad. I'm pretty sure Piper was yelling at me to stop, and one of the kids might've been helping me fight the keepers, but I didn't know. All I knew was that this was NOT far, NOT right, and most likely NOT legal.
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:16 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Piper

I was paralyzed. I was also ashamed. I should be out there helping him. I started to push forward, but felt a hand on my arm, holding me back. I struggled to free myself but my restraint was not letting go. With nothing I could do but watch, I turned to Dey's fight in horror. Only to find that he was not alone, but still losing.

I couldn't help myself, "Dey, no" I shouted. His nose was bleeding, and he was already starting to bruise. I felt tears begin to roll down my face. Those terrible creeper keepers were pummeling him. He was a good fighter but they were better.

It felt like an eternity, but eventually, the keepers became bored with the fight. They stalked off, bruised, but still standing. Dey's assistant was lying unconcious. A few feet away, Dey lay on the ground, unconcious. The hand on my arm let go and I rushed forward.

Once at his side, I dropped to my knees. He was breathing, but his eyes were closed. I ran my fingers through his hair. I felt everyone in the room watch me as I traced down the side of his face with my finger.

His eyes fluttered open and I smiled. I was concious of the tears rolling down my face.

My thoughts ran around in a jumbled mess but one stood out overall. We need to get out of here.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:18 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Malinda/Supervisor

It seemed like hours were passing as we made our way up to the fifth floor. If it were possible, I'd say I heard their hearts in their chest, surely beating a mile a minute as I led Leda and Liam up into my office. I opened the door, and they seemed a little surprised there weren't chains and needles covering the place. But my office was a little different than my work room.

"Sit," I tell them, crossing the room and sitting behind my desk. Slowly, like he thought there would be a bomb go off under them if he moved to fast, Liam sat Leda in one of the chairs and took a seat next to her. I look at my clipboard, scribbling some things down. Nothing of importance, just a few notes for later. It was really a reason to look away from them, to escape their gazes.

Is the almighty Malinda not as powerful as she thinks she is? a voice in my head says. But I ignore it, know it's probably right. Was I really scared of these two children? Why? I had no reason, they were only children. But I wasn't fooling anyone, they weren't just children.

"Let's cut to the chase," I tell them, looking at them. Now it's their turn to shy away from my gaze. "There's some news I'd like you to know. Your records have been pulled to determine who your parents are"--as if I needed their records--"and there has been some shocking news I thought you might want to hear. It seems..." I trail off, at loss for words.

"Just say it, we have no family or they don't want us and we're going to die," Liam speaks up, voice full of anger. But the second time he speaks, his voice is scared. "Are you going to do the same thing to us as you did to that girl?" I melt right there, like butter. But I'm determined to keep a serious face.

"Just let me speak please. I won't hurt you unless I have to, and if anything I'll keep you safe. On to your parents. Your father is nowhere to be seen, his name isn't listed in your records but once, but as for your mother, her name can be released at will," I say, but give a little pause. "If you wish to find her." This bit of news seems to make them hopeful. If I played my cards right--which it might be too late to do--I could have them on my side in a moment's notice.

"Of course we do," Leda pipes up, looking to her brother for conformation. "Don't we?" Liam regains his seriousness and nods once.

"Of course we do," he repeats. I nod, looking down at the clipboard, jotting down some more things like never split them up and give them an option=maybe they'll consider it. Parenting tips.

"The mother's name is Malinda Sellers." I lift my gaze from the paper to the children--my children. Their reactions are beyond what I thought they would be. Maybe the shock was a clear guess, but who wouldn't be shocked by figuring out the mother who gave you up was a murderer?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ashton~

Watching them go was like watching a flower die. Sad and it tore me apart. This seemed to be more of a reminder that we weren't going to win. It's like a war between two people, argueing for the same thing. No one won in the end. But no one lost either, and that in itself gave me hope.

I was listening for a scream, something that said she hated us more, but nothing came. There was only silence as every person in the room listened. Surely Liam and Leda could get away in time if she began to hurt them. Well, maybe not Leda, but Liam could carry her, right? He wouldn't just leave her behind, not even if going back meant he was going to be killed. Instead of being reasured by this long silence, I was more frightened. What if they weren't able to scream? There were ways of making them mute while she tortured them.

Push it aside, that's all I can do. Forget about that thought. But I can't shake the feeling that something is happening in that room up there, somehting that, once it happens, can't be reversed and will have dier consequences. But what is it? What is she doing to them? Why did she call them to the fifth floor, just the two of them? Brother and sister? Was it an expierament she meant to put them through?

While my mind wandered, I kept my ears open for anything. I heard the Keepers talking quietly outside the door, but they were too low for anyone to hear them. I scooted closer to the door, along the wall, until I was sitting right next to it, looking at Piper and Dey, but listening to what they were saying.

"...it took her this long to come up with the strength to tell them?" One of them asks. I hear a slight shuffle outside, maybe one sits down.

"Well I guess, if you had to tell an orphan...wouldn't you be kind of scared?" Another says, a cough from the room interupting what he said. Tell them what? What was she telling them?

"Guess so. Just Imagine what they're going to say." They all sounded heartless to me, no emotion or real destress in their voices.

"I mean, their mother is a murderer! What would you say?" This one, one who hasn't talked before, yells his answer, so every one in the game room hears.

So that's what's happening. The Supervisor is speaking to them, telling them things to convince them she's their mother. That could be a reason they weren't screaming, or dieing. Relief floods me and I give out a loud sigh, silencing the Keepers. It's only a matter of time now, because we all know they'll be coming back in here, Liam and Leda. Two more safe, two more that wont die tonight. I smile to myself.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:53 pm
fictionfanatic says...

One question: is untameabletiger even in this anymore? Haha. Just wondering
Live, Love, Laugh

116 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:23 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Yes, actually she is.. she's just braindead and dumb! (I can say this because she's my cousin xD)
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:18 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ah I see. Hahaha
Live, Love, Laugh

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

name/child number: Sara Chamber (55)

description/picture: ash black eyes,curly brown hair more like wavy hair. she is 5'2 in height but very skinny

dilikes: orphange owner, and people who hurt her friends in any way

skills: fighting because she taught herself martial arts

weaknesses: bites her nails and is always dirty

history: She almost died in her mommas stomach,she was given away to the orphange becacuse noone wanted her, she really didnt care because there was better people in the orphan place. doesnt quite like being in there but enjoys what she has.

personality: talks about anything and everything but not really about her past because it hurts her just thinking about it because she hates the feeling of abandonment.

up for love?: yes

other: at the moment she isnt crushing on anyone. She wears a black bracelet on her arm as a symbol of her past
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:27 am
Camulaeus says...

Hey I'm sorry but I can't do his anymore: got a bad term grade and parents are cracking down on my schooling.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

116 Reviews

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

OK, look guys, I know we just had people drop out and I've been gone for a week, but lets keep this going. This is the last SB I might be doing for a while, so lets make this rememorable! Come on, post!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:58 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Sara

As I was sitting in the hide out spot I had I was thinking, "What a dumb hide out spot. People could easily find me and I would be dead by the horrible lady." While I was sitting and talking to myself I heard someone scream. Then I heard cries coming from a room two doors down. I walked to to the door and listened but heard noone. After a while I decided to do something I knew I shouldn't do, I walked up to the 5th floor and stood beside Mallinda's Office. She was talking to Liam when I heard something fall onto the floor inside so I rushed in at the worst time. 'What are you doing up here?" Liam mumbled. I smiled completely innocent and said,"Hi Ms.M hows it going?" but I knew I would be in so much trouble. Noone said anything until right before I walked back out the door like nothing happened,"Get ba--" is all i heard, I ran back to my hide out.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

Reviews: 3
Sun May 01, 2011 6:21 pm
Titanic says...

name/child number: Alexandre Mikes or just Alex, number 49

description/picture:
Spoiler! :

likes: He loves swimming and running, and usually just being outside. Sometimes he likes to draw, mostly pencil sketches and you might hear him singing from time to time. His favorite holiday is Holloween (free candy and time to scare people) and his favorite color is grey (even though it is a shade and not a color)

dilikes: He hates doing chores and well listening. He doesn't like being inside for ling periods of times, and he doesn't really like socializing to much.

skills:Mostly drawing, but he will never admit it.

weaknesses: Socializing, being in really really large crowds (but he loves the city which is strange), and flirting (he's not much of one either)

history: Alex was born in the country on his family's farm, and had always been surrounded by animals. He had a loving mother and father, who always were proud of him, and an older brother, who Alex was always close to. As the years went on, Alex became Mr. Popular, and always had plenty of friends. That was until the rest of his family went to a baseball game and his father got into the driver's seat after drinking a little to much.Alex's mother and brother were also in the car, but they hadn't a clue what their husband and father had been up to, they were already fast asleep in their chairs. It was dark, pitch black actually, and the father seemed to be doing pretty well at handling the wheel. Suddenly, another car slammed into them, it wasn't Alex's father's fault. The car swerved out of control, and drived head on into a tree. Alex's brother was killed instantly, someone forgot their seatbelt, and Alex's mother died in the hospital, suffering 6 broken ribs, a broken arm and leg, and a concusion from the accident. Alex's father was still put into jail, along with the driver who hit them, and Alex was put up for adoption, seeing that the rest of his family didn't want him.

personality: Alex used to be a friendly, fun loving guy, until he lost everything. Now he is as quiet as can be, and doesn't talk to much. It seems that everything that anyone says or does hurts him, even if they didn't mean it. He doesn't make to many friends, but protective if he does. He doesn't want to lose anyone else he loves. If he does talk, it is usually because he needs to, or he wants to let out his opinion. He'll talk about, well anything when he is in a good mood. He loves the outdoors, and is a complete animal lover. He is into the arts (reading, writing, music, drawing) and is kind of athletic.

up for love?: why not?

other: He didn't keep to many things, but wears a long skeleton key from his old house. It is around his neck, usually under his shirt. He doesn't remember where the lock fit the key,but he keeps it close to his heart, seeing as it belonged to his old happier life.
"Sweating like demons, they scream through our speakers, but we leave the sound on cuz silence is harder and no one's the killer and no one's the martyr. The world that has made us can no longer contain us."
— Alex Evans

Never Let Go...

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Leda~

I shook with anxiety and hope, until those five words i have never been able to forget, stiffly flowed out of the womans mouth. "The mother's name is Malinda Sellers." My body went numb. I gaped and looked at Liam. His expression looked confused. I stood up quickly, letting my chair fall onto the ground and maintaining balance by holding onto the cold wall Ringing filled my ears and I saw red. My mother was the one causing all of the suffering and deaths. My bottom lip trembled and water pooled in my eyes, threating to pour out.
"How could you?!Why would you?!" My voice shook, sounding like a mixture of anger and helplessness. I took heavy breaths as I looked into her eyes. Quickly glancing at Liam once more, I began to see the resemblance. Liam had her eyes, and lips, not to mention his ability to remain calm in situations like this. This Was Not Good. How would the others take it? Would being uncooperative with her cause Will's death? If she hurts him- I cut off the thought.
I was answered with pure silence and I hated every second of it. Liam finally spoke up.

~Liam~

The thump of Leda's chair startled me more than the news itself. "How could you?! Why would you?!" she practically screamed. She was answered with silence. I could see the hatred and sorrow in her tears. I didn't care if the supervisor was my mother, She wasn't going to make Leda cry and get away with it. Rage shocked me.
"Answer your daughter." I commanded. When I was replied with silence, I demanded it. "Answer your daughter!" I yelled, pushing my palms forcefully on my mother's desk.

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour