z

Young Writers Society

League of Shapeshifters (LOSS)

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:47 pm
Stori says...

In a little town of no consequence, teenagers are discovering the ability to change into animals. Now their mission is to find a cure for a friend.

This storybook will a joint effort between myself and Scarlett. Remember, the limit is two characters per person.

Character #1:

Name: Anye
Animal family: weasel (includes martens, ferrets, etc.)
Appearance: silver-streaked blond hair, odd dark-green eyes.
He has a birthmark shaped like a bent coin on his neck.

#2:
Name- Morgan (AKA Hoss)
Gender- female; Anye's sister
Appearance- blond hair like his, blue eyes.
Morgan may appear to be stunted because of
an accident when she was young.

History- Because of the accident, she can't speak very
clearly. Anye understands her, though, and so do her
favorite animals: horses.
Last edited by Stori on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:52 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Evaline

Animal family: Fox

Personality: Evaline is a very closed in and secretive type. She doesn't talk much under the fear she might let a secret slip up. Around large crowds she gets timid and a little more prone to attack. Having a lame ear makes sensing attack more difficult then it should be, especially for someone born of the house of fox. She's a terrific thief that's for sure. Bring up religion around her and she'll completely ignore you.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

History: Being born into a religious family, you'd suspect her to be religious as well. But she's never really trusted in her faith. When she broke her family's religious relic, her mother lashed out and told her to leave. Of course her mother didn't mean it, but Evaline took the offer gladly. She lives on the street, making what money she can from petty thieving and scams.

Other: Deaf in left ear.
Last edited by SisterItaly on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 pm
ScarlettFire says...

These are my characters. Editing it progress. Adding stuff, changing stuff....etc...

The Girl:
Name: Ariona Draven.

Animal: Canine. Prefers to be a wolf with blue-tinged white fur, or a blue-grey fox.

Appearance: Waist length, reddish-black hair, green eyes. Light skin and sort of tall. Always wears black, red and/or dark colours.

Personality: Kind, but mean when cornered. Would rather help someone than fight them. Has a nasty temper but doesn't loose it often.

History: Ariona is adopted. She never knew her parents and her adoptive ones aren't that....observant... She doesn't mind, as long as they don't suddenly acquire an interest--for all the wrong reasons.

Other: Does not like to be called 'Riri' (Quin's nickname for her). Always has a reddish spot over her left eye when in animal form.

The Boy:
Name: Quin Sullivan.

Animal: Birds. Mainly Crow/Raven or Eagle.

Appearance: Tall, dark brown hair, blue eyes. Tanned. Always wears expensive clothes.

Personality: Snarky, sneaky, bad (kind of) and fun loving... Likes to lay pranks on people and cause trouble.

History: Comes from a rich family, popular. Doesn't like all the attention parents give him.

Other: Wishes he could just 'vanish' sometimes...
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 pm
RedBird says...

Name: Nick Jonston

Animal family: Bats, mainly of the larger species, such as fruit bats.

Personality: Nick is very friendly, but also quite guarded when talking about himself. Like the animal that he can turn into, he prefers the dark and quiet. He is prone to sarcasm sometimes, but tries to keep that to a minimum. He is always ready to protect his friends and family.

Appearance: http://www.menshairstyles.net/d/410-10/ ... -4_001.jpg

History: All in all, he's just a normal teen guy. He lives with his mom, and never knew his dad, but that doesn't bother him. He feels that if his father didn't bother to stay around for him, or didn't want to, then he doesn't want to know him, anyway. He's not exactly a social butterfly, but he like hanging out with friends.

Other: Up for love
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Ivy

Animal Family: Feline - preferably a lion or a panther, occasionaly a tabby cat when she needs to be a smaller size

Appearance: Ivy has very thick, rich golden blonde hair that has natural streaks of brown and lighter blonde in it. Her eyes are earthy green, she stands at five feet eight inches and is rather thin and petite. She can be described as lanky. She moves like a feline and never wears shoes, so the bottom of her feet are hard and rough.

Personality: Ivy is very smart, clever, witty, and quick. She can be very friendly and loving, but she can also become very agressive and is very protective. She loves to run free and be outside.
Live, Love, Laugh

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:54 am
cali34rniasummer says...

---> Uh, I don't quite completely get this but I am interested and I made my character..

BOY

Name: Gavin Scuthz.

Animal: Hawk, with dark black and silvery feathers. Gray beak and sharp red eyes.

Appearance: Tall and very masculine. Hair? Brownish-red. Eyes? Brown.

Personality: Naughty/perverted, quiet, and sly. Domineering and always wanted action and being challenged. Secretive.

History:Gavin used to live alone since his family were murdered by unknown supernatural creatures. He didn't really want to tell anyone about his history anyway.

Other: He gets so close to any women's heart. Certified chic magnet and most of the men really envied him. He had a lot of love affairs and he loves playing Chess.
Every day is beautiful with a little arm stretch and a smile :)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:53 am
MilkNCookies says...

Name: Maxim

Animal family: Snakes.

Personality: Like her animal, and can be tricky, cold, mean, and all-sound yucky. But she can also be kind and nice to some. She doesn't like many people, except for other reptiles. She's more likely to kill you than help, but she can be a good help. She's distrusting, and prefers to go and find out things for herself. She's a risk-taker and has little care for her own life, or anyone else's. She's not very strong but is fast and sly. She enjoys pulling pranks on people.

History: Maxim was born in a small town called Fauxate, and at once was considered evil. When she was born, the people of the town say that the every rattle snake began to shake it's rattle, and every snake just began to invade the town. When she was three, she bit a dog, and the dog died of poisoning. When she was seven, she handled a coral snake easily without it striking. At eleven, she stopped a snake from attacking another one. Recently, she's been able to morph.

So, as you can see, she was turned away and shunned. The town's mayor insisted that she would have to leave when she turned 20.She didn't take this 'curse' lightly, she has encourage every snake she can to attack any human. She has a bad outlook of the human race.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Favorite form:

Other: She's a good friend and can be forced to do things easily.
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:41 pm
Camulaeus says...

Name: Sands

Animal family: Seals (leopard, harbor and Arctic depending on what needs)

Personality: Sands is very warm and friendly, eager to make friends. He trusts easily, and is generally very easy-going. His passion is for cuisine, specifically seafood, and he often bonds with people over food. He doesn't get angry or irritated easily, though if he does he would rather fight with words than resort to physical violence. So overall he is a very happy-go-lucky person.

History: Sands was born to traveling parents that moved from town to town and country to country up until his early teens. HIs father was an aspiring actor, who taught Sands all the tricks of the art, and his mother was a struggling author who awoke Sands' love of writing. He settled in a in the area near a town called Fauxate, and has lived their ever since working as a waiter at the local Red Lobster. He discovered his power one day when he fell into the tank of the lobster cage and morphed right then and there, luckily no-one saw, though it was a bit tricky to explain to his boss why he was suddenly naked and steaming wet.

Appearance: Sands, like his animal, is stout, short and slightly .... husky. He has messy long black hair that is coated with grease from his job, and has deep wintery blue eyes.

Other: He is very sensitive about his weight; his only flaw.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:32 pm
Destiny110 says...

Name: Jamie Sullivan
Animal Family: Feline, prefers wild felines such as lions and tigers and cheetahs (when in need of speed)
Apearence: straight brown hair with blonde highlights, thin, silver-blue eyes, a sure way of recognizing her when in animal form, has a birthmark in the shape of a lion's paw on her left arm close to her shoulder.
Personality: Jaimie is very friendly and has a big sense of humor, she is very sportive and outgoing, she is brave and won't back down from a fight. she is always ready to help someone

History: Jaimie is Quinn Sullivan's younger sister, she loves her brother and is like him in some cases, most things they have in common are their taste in expensive clothes and their love of fun, they help eachother play pranks on people and sometimes play them on eachother, you'll often find them hanging out together either at home, at school or just at the mall.

Note: this character has been run through with scarletfire (thanks scar :D )
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 pm
Stori says...

The town's sole arcade was buzzing with more than video-game sounds.

"It was really weird," someone said. "I felt cold all over. Next thing you know... I'm an animal!"

"You are one already," someone else chipped in. Anye hid a laugh. "But yeah, lot'sa kids are saying the same thing."

Wouldn't Morgan be interested in hearing that, he reflected. His sister loved animals, especially horses. Anye fed a quarter into the coin slot of a nearby game. He pretended to play while the gossip went back and forth.

"Maybe there's a reason for all this."

"Won't believe it till I see it."

The arcade was a small space, with walls constructed to muffle the various electronic squeals, beeps and other noises. He easily tuned them out as dozens of conversations told the whole tale.

66 Reviews

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:43 pm
SisterItaly says...

Evaline

I had always thought my family was crazy for worshiping a fox. For saying that our ancestors were able to shift into a foxes form. In fact, my disbelief was what got me kicked out.I can tell you this much I never thought it would happen to me. I defiantly believed now.

I stared down at the city below me, all the normal people were getting along with their day, none of them really sure about what was happening, or what could happen to them. I had heard whilst walking in town one day of a girl who had turned into an animal. I simply shrugged it off as a story or joke of some sort. Perhaps I should have asked them about it.

Now I laid in the grass, staring foggily down at the city. My entire body was numb still, so very numb. My fur was wet even though I was laying under trees, it must have been windy as well then. I felt my paw twitch, and I let my head fall. I hoped if I shifted again it wouldn't be as painful as it was the first time. I let my eyes slip shut, a low humming noise hovered nearby. It got closer, but I made no attempt to see what it was.

"Is it hurt?" I heard someone mumble, I lifted my head slightly in an attempt to see it, but let it flop down again.

*anyone*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

49 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:09 am
MilkNCookies says...

Maxim Is this okay, Puzzler? I bit strange, and I don't know if she would do this... Please, is you have any concerns, tell me and I'll fix it!

"Is it hurt?" I asked the open air. "I don't like feeding my friends dead things. Or eating them, for that matter." I poked it was a stick repeatedly.

It began to stir clumsily, as if it were dizzy. Under its breath it chattered.

"Feast." I replied. I grabbed a can of... some sort of semi-edible food from my pack and used on of my teeth to try to open it.

It chattered violently, before it began to puff up angrily.

"Is it a mongoose or something?" I asked. I felt hungry, and no doubt my friends were too, but I was curious.

I grabbed it my the tail... and it bit me.

I hissed violently. Only recently I had learned how to fight the urge to shift into that weird snake form. I wanted to strike and kill this thing for drawing blood.

I couldn't help it. I may regret it, and iI knew I would, but I had to.

Before I could yelp, I was a coral snake. A poisonous one, too.

I darted for the creature, but before I knew it, I was all but dead. Cocky, am I?

And enraged fox stood over me.

"I have half a mind to kill you!" S/he exclaimed.

"But you have a full mind. If you killed me, surely my snake friends would attack as well. Why, I've been holding them back the entire time! You have no idea how much they want to kill you," I lied. I didn't have any control over my friends; they were just too lazy to defend me.

She bought it, though. Slowly, she teetered away from me.

"I'm Evaline." She replied with distaste. I could tell she was a female, though.

"Maxim." I hissed.

I wanted to strike, badly. But if I missed, it would surely mean death for me. That fox was strong-willed and had enough physical strength to match. No; I'll refrain until I can strike.

An uneasy silence spread over us as my stomach growled all the louder.

"So... do you have anything to eat?" I asked her.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

66 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:02 am
SisterItaly says...

Evaline

I trembled before falling over again. She looked at me oddly for a moment. I was tired, hungry and afraid, not to mention in pain.
"Does it look like I have food? I don't know who you are or how you managed to shift so naturally, but if it's not obvious this is my first -ugh- time shifting." I grumbled, glancing up at her "If you don't know how to make this better, go away." I finished spitefully, looking away and back at the ground.

There was a moment of silence, before the snake nudged me again. The rain was starting to pick up, the cool water felt good against my skin, which relaxed me a good amount. She nudged me again.

"Cut that out." I mumbled, blinking and looking up to her.

I felt a twang of pain flow through me then began coughing. I opened my eyes slowly and looked down at my hands.
"Well, will you look at that. I figured it out myself. Kinda."

I stared down at the snake. How badly I just wanted to kick it in the head... then again it was probably poison.

The Book.

49 Reviews

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:39 am
MilkNCookies says...

Maxim

I smoothly shifted. I was quite odd compared to the rumors going around- I had shifted first around seven.

"Now, Theif, go get us some food." I hissed. Maybe - just maybe- she would be okay.

"Us?"

"Yeah, us. Do you want to begin to spontaneously bleed in your mouth like I did when I first shifted?" I hissed, making it up as I went.

"That's a load of BS!" she exclaimed, hacking slightly after. I just watched.

"Sure. Go ahead and think that... Instead of buying some lemons to cure it."

"Fine. But you can't stay with me." I looked at her sharply, but I couldn't tell if she was telling the truth about having a house or not.

"I've been on my own for years. Some dirt as a bed won't be anything new."

"Oh. Well... You know..." she mumbled.

"Don't you go pitying me!" I hissed.

"Fine." she replied.

"Now, are you going to steal food or not? Else I'll just go find a rat or something to devour."

~Dr.Seuss.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:06 am
Camulaeus says...

The water was cold and clean; it washed away all trouble that loomed over my mind, though there wasn't really any trouble to wash away. Everything was perfect and clear. Moonlight dappled across the water, creating Jacob's ladder's under the ocean which I swam through.
This is the life I thought to myself. I could stay in the water for the rest of my life. Seal's really had it good. But of course I felt the change coming back on, and I had to pull myself out of the water by my flabby fins before I crashed into the sand a a teenage boy. I just lay on the beach panting for a while, until I heard the shrill cry of a hawk. I opened one eye and smiled at the raptor's beaked face as it perched on top of me.

"Hey Quin" I said.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

The moral of Snow White is never eat apples.
— Lemony Snicket