z

Young Writers Society

The Rangers of Evandor

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun May 15, 2011 10:25 pm
Redfang18 says...

Zandrew

I mounted Silver and asked her, Are you alright, my friend?
Silver answered, I'm fine, Master Archangel. You were hit and I was worried. I almost thought I lost you.
I brushed Silver's feathers and said, You sound like my mother when I was four and my twin was still alive. I eyed Dalia and Diane. Rangers, in the flesh. We'll thank those two later. Now this time, let's cause a little thing I like to call a killer hailstorm. With Silver in the air, I summoned my power of water and created hailstones the size of my head. Tossing one stone after another, I let Silver loose her biggest whirlwind and watched our enemy get pummeled by the storm. I smiled, then grunted. Someone hit me with an arrow and once again I was passing out. This time I was slipping off Silver despite her talons holding me up to prevent me from falling to my death.

Spoiler! :
Reminder to everybody: Silver is female, not male.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu May 19, 2011 3:08 am
Loller65 says...

Making sure he'd gathered enough hide from the dragon, Alistair mounted Alejandro.

"Alright, let's take the news to the good folks at the main battle!"

Alright, sir.

Alejandro took to the sky, lurching backwards as the heavy head of the dragon lifted off. The gryphon flew slowly towards the battle, occasionally rearranging or digging his claws deeper into the flesh so it wouldn't fall. After a moment, they rose above a hill and saw the chaos of the battle raging beneath them. Alistair stood in the stirrups.

"HEY, EVERYBODY! CHECK IT OUT! I GOT THE ROYAL DRAGON!!!"

Alistair and Alejandro whooped and squawked in delight as the disembodied head glided over the battlefield.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

32 Reviews

Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 pm
Redfang18 says...

Silver Mirroreye

I had Master Archangel in my talons, but could sense he was in pain. Unless the arrow was removed, he can't heal even himself properly. I started screaming as loud as my mental voice can allow. HELP! My rider's been hit! I need help! My rider's slipping! Somebody, please help!

~~~Les Miserables

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu May 19, 2011 7:56 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Diane Oops, sorry!

"Look down!" I yelped. The man was falling off of his griffin again; this time, he was actually injured. An arrow to the thigh; it was bleeding ferociously.

HELP! My rider's been hit! I need help! My rider's slipping! Somebody, please help! his griffin squawked.

With a sigh, Dalia ordered, "Take me down there."

I obeyed, pumping my wings and swooping, grabbing his shoulders delicately.

Oh, thank you!" she cried.

"Bring him to that little cave." She ordered.

It was dark, dreary and depressing. Water dripped from icicles. I somehow landed without collapsing. She swung of off me, massaging her bruised calves. "Griffin, I'm going to need you to leave for a moment."

Are you going to fix him? she asked inquisitively.

"Yes. Diane, stay; I may need some of your energy for this. Griffin, if you would?"

She looked worried, but ultimately walked from the cave.

"Diane, I'm going to do something you deserve to see- since you know who I truly am and all." She whispered. While I stared with curious eyes, she drew a bag and pulled out a bright, orange feather. "I might take some of your energy if I need to."

I nodded. She mumbled a few words and put the feather on his thigh.

I could somehow feel her energy draining. Somehow, I reached out with my own mind, my own soul, and hesitantly contacted hers.

I could feel her fierce pain. I instinctively threw a good chunk of my energy out, making me stutter step.

"Huh?" He asked as he became better. And, before he was completely conscious, Dalia snatched the feather and put it back into her pouch.

"I just gave you enough energy to get you back too. You should be able to fix yourself up now." She said. And, even though she had healed him, the injury had not gotten any better on the outside.

He eyes her slightly, her big smile and even wider eyes. "Thank you." He said as Silver came trotting back in gleefully.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

32 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm
Redfang18 says...

Zandrew

I opened my canteen and poured some water on my wound. It looked pretty bad on my skin, but it wasn't something I couldn't heal. Silver tried to tickle my toes, but I snapped, Not in front of the women behind me, Silver. You can tickle my toes later. For now, keep the hole open so I can get this mess cleaned up.
The water bathed the wound, but I cringed as the wound cleared up. It hurt like crazy, but that meant it's working. The sting subsided after a couple minutes and the bruise was gone. Silver asked, How are you, Archangel?
I answered, I'm fine now, Silver. Thanks for calling for help on my behalf.
You heard me?
We're a bonded pair. Of course I heard you.

Spoiler! :
If anybody wants to ask Silver why she calls her Ranger Archangel, just post it.

~~~Les Miserables

32 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm
Redfang18 says...

Silver Mirroreye

Master Archangel mounted me and told me to take flight. We still had to pursue the person who paired us up. I flew as gently as I could, but Diane and Dalia followed us, perhaps hoping that Master Archangel wouldn't get hurt again if they were around. As much as I appreciated their assistance on restoring his health, I didn't want them to know that he's originally a twin. Already it's been twelve years since he and I left the village, but it's been ten of those years since I last saw him crazy. I warned, Don't follow me and Master Archangel, or else the consequenses are very grim. He has the tendency to go crazy when he's being followed by somebody, friend or foe. I should know, ladies. I still can't get that mad look in his eye out of my mind. Trust me.

~~~Les Miserables

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat May 21, 2011 1:19 am
MilkNCookies says...

Diane

"We'll take our chances." Replied Dalia as I pumped my wings after Silver. She mumbled, "Let's see how you fight."

Unlike I had presumed, his fighting style wasn't at all faulty. Much less. He seemed to be skilled, even. Of course, not as much as my Dalia did.

The ogres were brutal, hacking at the mob with anything they could get their hands on. Rocks, swords, hammers- even entire humans. Dalia fearlessly did the same- and I, the noble and brave griffin, hid behind her. Yea, I occasionally kicked or bit an arm, but I couldn't tell the difference of friend or foe. The colors were confusing me. Blinding me...

"Diane! Get me out of here."

That I could understand. I somehow broke free of huge hands as I skyrocketed, seeing the horrors I just left on the ground.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

32 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm
Redfang18 says...

Zandrew

Dalia was hurt and Diane could barely fight with the crowd of monsters closing in on them. I grinned. Let's loose the killer hailstorm, Silver. This time, I'll make the stones the size of your head.
Master Archangel, you've gone mad,
Silver gasped.
She was right. I have gone mad, and frankly I was enjoying it.
Silver cried, Girls, get out of the line of fire! My master's gone crazy! He's very careless when he's gone mad!
I tossed one hailstone after another into Silver's whirlwind. The hailstorm slaughtered every monster in sight. A killer hailstorm never misses anything that got in the line of fire, hence it became a signature combination. I laughed crazily and said, "This just never gets old."
Silver scolded, If you go crazy one more time, then once you get what you're after, I''m leaving you to rot in your village. I had to spend ten years putting up with your insanity.

~~~Les Miserables

32 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2011 10:58 pm
Redfang18 says...

Silver Mirroreye

I said to Diane and Dalia, Forgive my rider. He's has this tendency to go crazy at the oddest times. I had to endure his insanity for the past ten years. When he goes crazy, he's very careless. Sometimes I wonder why he can't just let go and move on with his life.
Master Archangel hissed, Silver, we've had this discussion many times before we left the village. I won't let it go until I find the one responsible for our pairing and get some answers. I want answers about how he died and why not me. There must be some answer to my twin's death and our pairing. You and I are going to pursue the one who paired us up. That was our mission since I reached my manhood. Remember that, Silver.

~~~Les Miserables

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper