z

Young Writers Society

The Remainders [Started] [Full]

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:22 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I see Jason trying to be the hero by rushing out to Cerberus, but I know he won't make it, so I grab his arm, show him my knife, and run out. I know it was a stupid idea, but I would protect us all to my last breath. I have to be on my game today, or I would die so fast it wouldn't be funny. Cerberus's first head lashes out at me, and I jump out of the way. Right after, it's second head is lashing at me. I barely make it. But the third head is on it's way down, and I can't jump out of the way of this one. Then I remember my knife. I see the head come down, and I thrust my knife up. I see it bury in the dog's flesh, but and I know it won't kill it, but it did what I wanted it to. Cerberus howls in pain, and pulls away. I yell for help, and the rest of the group comes over.

"I've got an idea!" I yell. "Just distract him!" I see that my plan is working. Cerberus is busy with the others so I run to his back and grab his tail and start to climb. I get on top of his back and climb to his neck. He doesn't seem to notice me, and that's bad. I need his attention for my plan to work. I have no choice. I take my knife and bury it into his neck. That gets his attention. Maybe too good. He starts to thrash around like a bull, which is what I planned., but I wasn't ready for this. There is a difference between a bull and a three-headed dog. A bull isn't that big, but Cerberus is 20 feet tall. The jerking was too much for me, I couldn't take it anymore. I let go of the dog and was sent flying through the air. I heard screams emit from Rachelle and Senaida When I hit the ground it felt like I just landed on cement. My back was broken. I couldn't move. I was so afraid I was going to die, I started to cry. I could see Cerberus start to come over, he wasn't even interested in anyone else. Right as he was standing over me, about to strike, I heard a clarinet start to play, and someone start to sing. All of a sudden, he started to get drowsy. His eyes started to close, and he eventually fell. The rest of the group rushed over to me to check on me. I must have looked pretty bad because all the girls in the group started crying, and Jack and Jason looked pretty shaken up. I looked over to August and saw him with his phone, although he didn't look like he could talk. My vision started to fade. Everything was going black. The last thing I remember before blacking out was the lights of an ambulance, and the medics rushing to me.
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 pm
View Likes
Mazzi says...

Jack

The hospital smelt of cheap anti-bacterial soap. We we're all surrounding hunter on his hospital bed. The same question was flashing through all our minds. Will Hunter be OK? I looked up at Rachelle, she was still in tears. I hated seeing her sad, I still didn't know what she felt of our kiss. The hospital was pretty high up and there was a large window on the side of a wall. Maybe Rachelle forgot her fear of heights in all the commotion.

I started thinking about the Greek gods. The grim reaper is another version of the god of death, Hades. I started to run all my Greek knowledge through my mind. Zeus, king of the gods, Poseidon, king of the seas. That's the three main gods, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus. Then I remembered Apollo, Greek god of music and what was it? Something else...Healing! Maybe Apollo could heal Hunters broken back? If we pray, it could save him. Only advanced surgery and therapy could fix his back, in the human world anyway and that could take months, maybe years.

I stepped back to see everyone, they were all hoping that Hunter would come out of this fine. I got the groups attention "Everyone" I said in my less cheery tone. "I've been thinking. Maybe if we pray to the Greek god of health, Apollo, he could heal Hunter." Everyone, linked hands together. Senaidia and August linked with Hunter's hands and I joined the circle together last holding Rachelle's hand. We all closed our eyes to pray for Hunter to be healed. Not knowing if it will work, all we had to rely on is hope.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:45 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting, I was gone all day yesterday and busy the day before. Could someone please bring me in?
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:14 pm
Infinitytime says...

Sure, praying for hunter to the Greek gods was a shot in the dark. Sure it sounded like it could never work, but lately, anything is possible. From monster trucks with no drivers to three headed dogs. Nothing is impossible to me now. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a three story tall man eating an ice-cream truck. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Right now the focus is praying for Hunter.

Hunter getting on top of a three headed dog is crazy, but a clarinet and a person singing putting the the dog to sleep is even crazier. But since Hunter lived and the dog did too (I think), we must pray. If Hunter lives than we must follow the rule of honor. If a man get wounded, he says, If I live, I will kill you but if I die, you are forgiven. Lets just hope that rule applies here and lets just pray Hunter lives.

I can tell the group sees the worry on my face. Hunter just wanted to help. Hearing that crack when Hunter hit the ground, It was just dreadful. I don't know if Hunter will live. He cried when he hit the ground, but so wouldn't the rest of us if we just flew off a two-story dog’s back.

Praying is our only hope for Hunter to have a quick recovery.

73 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I wake to the comforts of a bed, a hospital bed to be exact. I look over to the other side of the room and see that everyone's there. A doctor is talking to Jack, and I hear him tell Jack that my spine is broken, snapped in two, to be exact. This news is so much to me I start to tear up, but no tears come out. Eventually, Rachelle realizes that I'm awake and she points me out to the rest of the group. They all start running over. There are tears in some of their eyes, and I assure them I'm going to be fine. "Why did you do that?" I hear Rachelle say."You could have died!"

"Because, I would give my life to keep you all safe, and I'm not letting any of you die as long as I have a breath in my body," I start to choke through my own tears.

"Sorry to break up the moment we're all having, but I have some bad news," I hear Jack say. "The doctor told me you'd never be able to walk again. If you live. With this type of injury you have a 50-50 shot of living."

This news, it's unbearable."Isn't there anything we can do?" I say through the tears that are now coming out of my eyes."If I can't walk, than I'll be of no use to us, I might as well go home. If I live."

"Wait!" I here Jack say. This gets my attention. "I've been thinking. Maybe if we pray to the Greek god of health, Apollo, he could heal Hunter." Everyone, linked hands together. Senaida and August linked with my hands and Jack joined the circle together last holding Rachelle's hand. We all started to pray. Oh no. I could feel myself slipping. I was going unconscious. The last thing I remember before blacking out was a bright light headed our way, and a man passing through the window.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

27 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:27 pm
View Likes
Mazzi says...

NOTICE:

There is now a DT: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic74516.html

P.S: If you are enjoying the storybook please nominate me for the storybooker badge! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/nominations.php
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:10 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

August~

I wasn't quite sure with the whole "holding hands and praying to the greek god thing" but I did it for Hunter's sake. So we all held hands and closed our eyes. I don't know what everyone else did, but me, personally, couldn't help thinking about food. Oh, and I was very aware of the feel of Tatiana's fingers clasped in mine. I'm sorry! But I couldn't help it, I was starving Tatiana was cute, and I didn't believe in an ancient god. Forgive me!

Anyways, suddenly there was an extremely blinding light. It shone like it's purpose was to distinguish my eye balls. Finally it stopped and I could breath again, but my sight was still giving me trouble. When it wasn't to painful, I opened my eyes, to discover a smiling man standing in front of me, watching me intently. Being caught off guard, I jumped, and he laughed, a merry, brightfully laugh.

"You don't believe in me, do you." the man asked.

I looked around, "Um, well you are standing in front of me, so you have to be real. But if you're asking if I believe you're a god, then, quite frankly, no." I got jabbed painfully on the muscle of my arm and I looked to see Tatiana glaring at me. I gave her an innocent look that said "what'd I do?", and she gestured her head to the bed where Hunter lay sick and deathly pale. I sighed, "Fine, I believe in you."

The man laughed again. "Saying and believing are two very different things, young man. But because of the faith of your comrades, I will heal your friend."

With a sudden flash of light, he disappeared. Everyone gave me evil looks, I shrugged and looked down. Just then, Hunter's eyes fluttered open and he sat up.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

73 Reviews

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:16 am
View Likes
DaSpetsnaz says...

When I awake from unconsciousness (again) I look around the room and see everyone giving August evil looks. I don’t know why, and I don’t care. I realize that I can sit up and better yet, move around. Apollo fixed me! I sit up in bed and that gets everyone’s attention. They all look over at me and some are surprised that Apollo really fixed me, and a couple are in tears because I’m better. “I guess he is real,” I hear August say. Again I don’t know what he’s talking about.

“Next time we get attacked by a giant three headed dog, you’re taking the lead,” I say to Jack. I see the huge grin on his face as he realizes I’m kidding. After I get out of bed is when I realize the next problem.“Hey guys, now that the easy part is done, we just need to get out of the hospital without the doctors seeing I’ve recovered. Don't worry, I've got a plan. August and Jack, you’ve got good taste, I’m going to need some new clothes. It would be hard to sneak out of the hospital if I’m still wearing my gown.” They agree and Rachelle gives them some money.“Jason, you distract the doctor so he doesn’t come in here and Rachelle, Tatiana, and Senaida, keep a lookout in case Jason fails.” They all get into position and we wait for Jack and August.

*Half an hour later*

As Jack and August walk back in they give Rachelle her change and give me the clothes. I get everyone out of the room and close the door. I have to admit, I chose the right guys for the job. They got me a pair of partially-ripped jeans, a pair of DC sneakers, a plaid shirt, a nike sweatshirt, a fedora, and the most rockin’ pair of aviators I ever did see. When I look in the mirror I can barely recognize myself. I like it. I open the door and let them all in. Everyone takes in the new look and then we’re on our way out the door. I see the girls talking, but I can’t hear their words. We make it to the final floor without anyone recognizing me. We’re on our way out the door when the alarm sounds. The doctor found my empty bed.

-Queen

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:48 pm
View Likes
Infinitytime says...

Sure, we should have put something in the bed to look like Hunter. That would have delayed the alarm for at least the amount of time we needed to get out of there. For a split second, a thought popped up. What alarm. I know it has to do with Hunter (or the group for that matter) not being there but the only alarms I could have thought that would be in a hospital are the fire alarm, there was no fire, the burglar alarm, that one doesn't sound right, that only leaves the other one...

"We have to get out of here," I say to the group.

"No duh," Hunter smirks sarcastically. Personally, I like his new look netter than the old one.

Then I explain it to the group. The sirens and the alarms. “The only alarm left is the quarantine alarm,” I rush as we start running. After explaining to the group my thinking they seem to agree.

"You mean we could have a deadly disease?" Hunter yells.

"Not us," I say. "There’s no way that any of us could have a disease. Remember, Apollo healed you. But we could easily get it.”

"That just great," Jack yelled while pacing back and forth. "Now we have to get out of here before we all die."

73 Reviews

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:45 pm
View Likes
DaSpetsnaz says...

Great, just great. Now we have to find a way out without catching a rare disease and dying. Sounds easy right? Wrong. The SWAT team is set up outside the hospital, to make sure no one gets out. We all stand by each other, everyone thinking of how we'll get out. It's Rachelle who speaks first."You see how they're letting all the doctors out, right?" she asks us. We nod our heads and she goes on."Well, this is a shot in the dark, but if we put on doctors clothes, then we might get out."

"Yeah, like that's gonna work," I hear Jason question.

"Do you have abetter idea?" I hear her say defiantly.

"Well, frankly.." Jason starts to say but gets cut off.

"I didn't think so, so who's in?" Rachelle says. We all agree and we head off. We take the elevator to the second floor where we start to look."Remember, look in closets," I hear Rachelle say. We all split up. I head down the hall and start to look, when I hear a scream and some thrashing. It's coming from one of the rooms to my right. I open the door and can't believe what I see. There's a patient lying on the bed, but she's thrashing around, screaming, and coughing up blood.

"Oh my god," I say, slamming the door on my way out. We need to leave, soon. I hear Jack say that he found some clothes so we all rush over. There's the classic lab-coat, but there's also surgeon's masks. We all get suited up, and then I break in the news."The disease is on this floor." I tell them about the girl and some looks of horror cross their faces. We rush to the stairs and fling open the door, we all rush down, maybe too fast, because I hear I cry of pain, and hear Senaida say she twisted her ankle. Jack and I rush to her and we lift her off the ground. "I got this," I tell Jack,"Just get the rest out," he nods and they set off. "We're gonna make it," I tell her reassuringly, although I wasn't to sure. We star to slowly step down, and eventually we make it to the first floor. We keep going until we make it to the door, and we start pounding. I see a SWAT officer talking to Jack and I see Jack nod his head, and the man comes over. He opens the door and I walk Senaida back to the rest of the group, where she sits on a bench until she feels less pain. We wander away from the site and take off the doctor's clothes. "That was too close," I sigh as I lay on the ground and fall asleep.

-Queen

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:29 pm
View Likes
Mazzi says...

Please add your item to your profile. Full form and small form. I'll update my profile and the profile template now.

Jack

Oh, man, that was close. One of us may die soon. The dangers have become more and more intense since we have started this journey. This, one has got to be worse, though we have been through quite a rough time. All the dangers we have had went through my head:

An un-manned monster-truck crash, at us! The lightning as we made our way to the hotel, then that same hotel burned down. Then there was the 3 headed-dog Cerberus and now the quarantine alarm. We need help. We can not face the upcoming dangers un-armed. Most of us have been treated by doctors at the hospital, the exception of Hunter, who luckily for him, got healed fully from the greek god, Apollo. All of us are healthy at the moment and there is only a slight physical pain. But mental pain, yes. My brain was been tortured because I still couldn't talk to Rachelle alone. I need to find somewhere were we can be alone, I and most likely she would be embarresed if we shared our feelings together in front of the group. It was a secret, from what I knew so far.

We leaped behind a large hedge and removed our doctors clothing. Then, so we didn't get recognized by the staff at the hospital. We ran away through farmers fields, instead of going down the normal road route. We were all running at the same speed, everything was fine. We must of forgot about the past events, because everyone was smiling at eachother. The feeling seemed similar, but I couldn't remember from when.

Then they appeared with a bright light, they were middle aged people. But with white cloaks, they had the same happy feelings as us. Though we were cautious, we were still in that good mood. There was a short silence when we saw them for the first time. They spoke first "Congratulations, children, you have come far together and we shall now reward you."
We were each given an item by the seven of them, to the seven of us. They somehow seemed like guardian, they looked slightly like us and I recognized the same smile as mine on the man who gave me my item. I just linked eyes with him and smiled, we both smiled at eachother. They bowed and my mentor, the leader, supposedly, said "You have been given the items passed down from past generations, from us to you. You are the next seven." They stood back up and with another flash of light, they were gone, with the wisp of a voice in the air 'We are the guardians, you have worked well and now you must gain the secret of immortality from Hades. There are also many answers that will reveal themselves soon, be patient, young ones."

Only then I looked at my item. It was a very long, white secptre with diamond wings at the top. It had a silver diamond pattern of swirls on it. I could feel the power of the staff run through me. I then realized that what would I do if I showed this in public. It would be stolen, confiscated and I may even end up in a mental home. I looked again, the diamond wings and pattern were shining silver and it morphed into a silver ring. It seemed to have the power of light. It had the same, smaller pattern on it and a set of diamond wings at the front.

I looked round at the others, it seemed they were getting familiar with there own items they were given.

P.S and to love Lemurs!

27 Reviews

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:38 am
View Likes
Mazzi says...

NOTICE: Everything is going to fast. I mean we have a danger and a defeat in 3 small posts. It would, in reality take alot longer to defeat a beast.

*Also, I wish that we had longer times between dangers and the dangers were longer. Everythings so fast at the moment.

**We are going into the underworld next, But please take longer.

***We were each given items from the guardians. These were passed down from generations of guardians, to us. We are the future 7 guardians.

****Darnit, Rachelle! I still don't know if you like me or not! :smt003

P.S and to love Lemurs!

73 Reviews

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:06 pm
View Likes
DaSpetsnaz says...

FLASH! I look up and see seven people, each clad in pure whit robes. I thought for a second that they might be sent from nature to kill us, so I looked over at August. He gave me that look that told it all. "Don't bolt, they're friendly." I stayed and looked at the guy across from me. He looked somehow familiar, like we'd met before. I looked at the guy in the middle, the one facing Jack, and he spoke.

"Congratulations, children, you have come far together and we shall now reward you." What the heck that was supposed to mean I wasn't sure. But I found it out soon enough. "Ah hem," the man across from me said. I liked this guy. He had a good sense of humor. Then he got my attention. In his hands was a sword with a leather case. I took it from him and unsheathed it. It was a beautiful sword, I believe it was called a scimitar. It was razor sharp and the hilt was golden with a ruby placed in the very center. I had seen this before, but where? I didn't have to wait long.

"Indiana Jones," said the man with a smile on his face.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

Then the leader spoke. "We are the guardians, you have worked well and now you must gain the secret of immortality from Hades. There are also many answers that will reveal themselves soon, be patient, young ones."

Before I could react, they were gone. I looked down at the sword and it suddenly turned into a golden watch with a ruby. I looked at the big hand and it was a sword. I slipped it on and looked to see what everyone else got.

-Queen

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:01 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

(Any chance of reviving this?)
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

73 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

I think there is, but only if everyone cooperates. :D

-Queen

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf