Young Writers Society

Hunted 3 *Invite Only!*

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:31 pm
LastPaladin says...

*Sorry this is so bad. :(*

Tiaan: Safe

What had possessed her to even do the kiss, no one had spoke for a while, but Annie hadn't taken her hand back, that was good --- or was it really? She loved Samantha. Or did she? Nothing made sense anymore, but for some reason her mind wandered to the events of four years ago. Everything had changed that day.

It had began like any day, she'd been hanging with Tony, Luke, Will and Garret. As per usual she'd been the only one who'd jump from the waterfall; she had mocked them incessantly about it. Finally she got Will to do so with a little push, it was all hilarious and even though he was furious rest of the guys laughed. And it would have been a terrific day, eventually though it grew dark and they all made their way home.

While in thought Tiaan felt a strange sensation.

Staring at Annie she saw a look she hadn't seen in so long a look of pure desire.

She wanted to answer that mental message being sent from her lips to brain, but she couldn't help thinking of the event and she couldn't drop it.

This is where it grew strange, they parted near entrance to the woods and she skipped off home. As she came down the road to her neighbourhood she felt instantly worried, like something was following her. It didn't help the street lights were flickering.

Choosing to run, she ran down the road and slammed into something, getting up she saw his eyes. Those eyes penetrating into her soul.

He violated her, and in reply she had fought back cracking his skull on the kerb.

Suddenly Tiaan head returned to reality, as she realized Annie was kissing her, viciously even. For a bit she panicked before remembering this was meant to be and begun to join in, wrapping her arms round the girl waist and back.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:59 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Seth- Waiting no more.

Even Seth, with his vast patience was starting to get annoyed. He sat with his sketchbook open as he began to mark four pages for future use. He had for the most part finished the picture of Nailah, but he still had the others in the group to draw. The other four teens he had met would soon be in his book too. He decided that as long as he was on this island he might as well document it accordingly using pictures. He titled each one of the pages so he would know which one would be used later. He labeled them; mop boy, pippi, other red head, and generic blond. Fitting names if he did say so himself.

He closed pad again making sure that Nailah could not see anything. She had a curious glint in her eye that he did not like. Seth stood up and reached out to help Nailah to her feet. Again her face was hard to read as she allowed there hands to touch and he hoisted her up. As he expected her skin was soft and smooth to the touch. He refrained from brushing her cheek with the back of his hand to feel the smoothness of her face.

To be honest wooing girls back home was easy for two reasons. The guys were ugly and the girls were average looking at best. Of course he could seduce any girl in his home with a mere glance, thus there was no challenge in it. He suspected however that this girl would be a tougher nut to crack. The idea made him smile. Still holding her hand he massaged the back of her hand with his thumb. Again he avoided the urge to bring the hand to his lips. He dropped her hand and started forward.

“Micah, gather your things, we’re going to go find the others.”

Seth did not wait for either of them to respond as headed back in the direction they had come from. The others trailed behind.

“How are supposed to find them?” Nailah asked.

Seth rolled his eyes. “I have a good memory. We probably lost Pippi near the drop off point. I can get us their easy.” Seth ignored Nailah’s cynical look.

Back home one of Seth’s favourite things to draw were deer. They were such beautiful, graceful creatures. They of course stayed away from the town and so when hit with the urge to draw one Seth would make his way to the woods and track them down. Over the years he learned how to track the animals without their notice. This coupled with his detail oriented memory allowed him to easily find the footprints he was looking for and follow them back to where they had been dropped off. On the way he found a different set he did not recognize. He closed his eyes and pictured everybody’s shoes, a minor detail he had noticed on the helicopter ride that he was not accessing to compare. After mentally comparing he was sure that none of the shoes that the original six were wearing could have made the footprints.

“Someone found Tiaan here,” he said pointing at the set of footprints that peeled off the path. He also saw Jackson’s footprints, but by the looks of the indentions they did not leave together. Seth narrowed his eyes, but he couldn’t find Sallie’s. He must have missed her deviation from the path. He scolded himself for overlooking a detail like that. He sighed with annoyance his patience reaching its end.

“Pippi is going to be the death of us. We should be finding food and shelter not chasing her all over creation. Selfish little girl found help and instead of directing them to the rest of the group she just went off on her own. And how had she fallen behind in the first place? Her wrist was broken, not her legs. Seth refused to curse, but she was acting very much like a bee with a itch. Well, he had planned on appeasing her silly little crush by throwing some affection her way, but now she didn’t deserve his notice.

“Let’s follow. If she met someone other than the six of us then we can assume it’s a local to the island. By following we may find some shelter and food.”

The others nodded and the group proceeded. Seth thought about going back to search for Sallie, but he was making no further deviations. If they found shelter he’d go back out if needed. A part of him, an old tiny part of him worried if she was hurt and demanded he looked now, but the new huge part of him slapped it down with impunity. They followed the footprints for awhile and just as Seth was beginning to think they’d never find shelter they found it. It looked to be a gated off fort with decent cover that could hold several.

Seth rummaged in his sack and pulled out his square mirror and fixed his hair and shirt accordingly. It always best to look ones best when meeting new people. He knocked on the gate door just as he pocketed the mirror.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 am
JabberHut says...

(Second attempt. -.- )

Jackson Teel

Jackson wasn't sure what was up with Tiaan after she ran away, but at this point, it was the last thing on his mind. He just had to find some sign of human activity somewhere. All the greenery was getting to him. Skipper had a great time claiming every piece of shrub they passed. He was starting to wonder if he should worry about Skip's digestive system.

A few times he ran by a clearing that looked like where he had left the others, but no one was ever there. In fact, everywhere he walked seemed untouched. It was pretty safe to assume he was now lost. With only a dagger.

Finally, his senses kicked in (or lack thereof). He stopped walking and sat himself up against a tree trunk. His only options were either getting lost or getting more lost. He may as well make it easy on himself.

Though Skipper thought differently.

"Skip?" Jackson spoke up. His voice cracked from how little he had been talking during his walk. The dog was no where in sight though, so he called out to him again with a little more volume.

Fortunately, the dog appeared on his other side, licking his ear excitedly. Jackson laughed and rubbed his back. "Don't venture too far off, boy. The last thing we need is to get separated from each other." He dug in his pack and pulled out the ball he used earlier. Skip snatched it up immediately and pounced away from Jackson, turning back with large, begging eyes.

Jackson laughed. "I told you, we can't just run off anymore. Give me the ball. C'mon."

Skipper dragged his paws over and dropped the ball in front of his master.

Jackson tossed it away lightly and thus began a game of fetch.

The game didn't last long before a faint growl was heard behind him. Skipper's ears perked up, the ball still sat in his jaws. Jackson stopped breathing, hoping to catch that growl again. No sound came though, and Jackson started breathing again. He was a bit uneasy though. Should he leave? Probably not, otherwise whatever's out there could hear them. He slowly pulled out his dagger, his eyes darting every which way.

Skipper was way too anxious to sit still. He kept shifting his stance, looking and sniffing in one particular direction. Jackson had to assume that was where the growl was heard, but his human eyes (or nose) couldn't see (or smell) a thing.

Jackson turned back, relaxing just a bit. Nothing was coming after them, and Skipper didn't seem to notice anything--

The dog took off. Jackson scrambled to his feet, throwing the ball into his pack which was flung onto his shoulder, and chased after his dog. He looked rather pathetic putting himself together and running after his pet and even worse when he ran into a tree just to stop himself. Skipper was standing there, growling at something, but Jackson could only make out a prowling beast. Its attention seemed to have shifted from something else, like it was after its dinner. Now it was after Skipper, its... appetizer?
I make my own policies.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:52 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Maiara - Duncan & Maiara's Hut:

I was sobbing, hysterically. I never usually cried, not like this, ever before. I sat in a corner of the room, as far from the door as possible. Eyes closed, I heard someone walk over from the Medical tent. It wasn't Duncan.... Startled, I panicked, backing into the corner and folding my knees into my chest, my arms wrapping around them a moment later. That was when I started feeling sick....like I was going to throw up.

"Maiara?" someone called and it didn't sound like Duncan. I gagged, covering my mouth. "Maiara, what are you doing?" A heavy pause, footsteps crossing the room. "Are you sick? You look like you're going to throw up."

And I did, right on his shoes. I looked up to see Duncan crouched down in front of me. He grimaced, looking down at his shoes. "Sorry," I muttered, looking away. He put a knuckle under my chin.

"Ah.... Maiara?" Duncan looked really embarrassed. I frowned....suddenly realizing something. I hadn't gotten my period in almost two months. Looking away, Duncan mumble something I didn't hear. He repeated it a second later, louder, "Have you...y'know......lately?"

I swallowed, brushing his hand away as I looked away again. "Not in two months."

"Uh oh," Duncan muttered. I snorted. Uh oh was right.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 pm
aweqs says...

Nailah | The Fort

The fort's walls were huge, and made out of old, grey stone. Moss and wild flowers grew out from any nook and cranny it could escape through. The tops were jagged and eroded; there was no roof.

I ran my hand across the wall, and picked a hot pink flower. My favourite colour. I twirled it expertly into my hair, then swivelled towards the others.

Seth was attemoting to smooth his hair into a neater position, then did that sleazy thing of licking his forefinger and thumbs then wiping then along his eyebrows to slick them into shape. Ew, how repulsive.

Seth, flashed me a smile, and I just raised an eyebrow. He took a deep breath and knocked on the fort door, making it tremble with the force.

We waited.

Seth raised his arm and knocked again, accompanying it with a yell, "HEY!"

"Okay, okay!" a faint voice called out from behind the wall, and the doors flung open, to reveal a open space with around 10 huts inside. The was some sort of comotion going inside one; I could hear lost of groaning inside.

The man who opened the door was tall, with longish brown hair and deep brown eyes.
He smiled warmly, but I could see strain and anxiety in those eyes.

"Welcome to The Fort! Come in!" he said hurriedly, beckoning us in, then leaning out again as if to check for anyone else
"Was there anyone else?" he asked me, assuring my theory.

"No-one important. Just stragglers." I replied, a little harshly. But whatever. They'd got themselves lost. They could find the fort by themselves too.

As I was walking further into the middle of the space, I started to gawp. Tiaan, the girl with plaits, the one everyone was looking for, the one who had masde out group break up and lose eachother, had already arrived- and was kissing another girl!

What a tart!

We've been here an hour and she's already smooching this girl almost ferociously, with no thought for the others she had left behind, searching for her!

I sneered at the tactless, slutty, unconsiderate girl, with such a vicious glare, that she and the blonde-haired girl broke their kiss.

In the corner of my eye, I saw another tall, brown-haired man walk into one of the huts, which a low groan came out almost immediately. I ignored it, and turned back to our welcomer.

"So, what now?"

Spoiler! :
@LastPaladin- sorry I was so harsh about Tiaan; that was Nailah speaking not me :)

/Isha:/= To be honest, we are talking about mostly nothing which in its own essence is something. But somethingness can't be nothing if there isn't nothing in the first place. So really, we're talking about meaningly somethingness that's technically caused by nothingness.

The Smiley Spammer

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:34 am
Razcoon says...

Naz

A familiar, not-so-faint yapping brings my tired, hazy mind to attention, indicating that Tose had not run like I had told him to. Good to know I can rely on him. Then another barking reached my ears, this one too high to be Tose. What I see when looking up is both horrifying and miraculous.

The beast is moving away from where me and the girl are, but headed towards a dog. Not a wolf, but an actual could-be-somebody's-pet dog. Hell, a dog wouldn't get in these woods without an owner! It probably belongs to a newcomer. Like the one next to me. The girl is a redhead, and about my height, which makes me feel better about my excessive shortness.

"Hey, what's your name?" I ask her.

"Sallie," she answers hoarsely, as though parched.

"I'm Naz, and the beast is gone, so you can go down safely," I explain, jumping to a lower, sturdier branch and then to the ground. She follows me down awkwardly, but no more than would be expected of somebody as exhausted as she seems to be. "Mind waiting here a moment, then I'll show you to our fort?" I say, not waiting for an answer before running towards the beast and the dog.

A few feet into the chase, I collide with a man who appears to be around my ago, seemingly chasing the beast too. The look of determination on his face momentarily takes me by surprise, then I realize the dog must be his. He scrambles back to his feet, but I grab his left ankle. "What do you intend to do?" I inquire, recieving a puzzled glance. Yeah, I'm a stranger, but he can't go after that thing. And I am a hypocrite.

"I'm going to kill thing," he mumbles, determination still embedded on his face. Of course he is.

"Nobody can kill beasts. Well, one person can, but it's still hard for her and she's not here currently. You'll die. So will you dog."

"What else am I supposed to do?!" he asks with frustration.

"Try the same way your dog got it away from the tree - bait. Maybe another animal. I'm taking her back to the fort, but I'll wait for you too." I release his ankle and head back to the tree. Maybe I should help him, but I've done enough for today. Tomorrow, even.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:03 am
eldEr says...

[[[[My most profuse apologies for the horror that is this post. I have gotten close to no sleep at all in the past five days (very close. And I can't function off of 20 minutes - half an hours a night for 5 days). BUT I tried xD And that is, I hope, all that matters. Smack me for it later, if you want! :D]]]]]]

Tarrion

Annie. I glowered for a few minutes, fists clenched. I thought of yelling, I honestly did, but I managed to scrounge up the self-control to save it. As soon as I figured out just who the hell these people were, I'd deal with her. Figure out who these people were and check on Soph, like I had told Domi I was going to do in the first place.

I turned to the three new-comers, gut twisting anxiously. Normally, I would have been skeptic-- questioning them until they started screaming at me in frustration. But now? Now, I couldn't bring myself to shout or set up an entire interrogation. What if they were spies? What if they secretly worked for that hell-bound, white-clad woman who had brought us here?

I swallowed, eying one of the blondes in particular. The way he was dressed... that strange glint in his eye was almost screaming that he had some superiority complex issues. It was either the glint in his eye or the way he seemed to be analyzing everybody.

"We're... trying to work through a bit of a... tragedy at the moment," I managed, rubbing the back of my neck. I cast one quick glance at the hut Ry was in, wincing when he groaned again. Tragedy didn't seem like quite the right word to describe what was happening to him-- because blast it, he wasn't going to die-- but it was all I could come up with. "Please, go ask the one who's busy making out with a girl while my brother is DYING if you need anything. Seeing as she's not really busy!" I had said that a little louder than necessary, half wondering if Annie had even heard. If she cared. I seriously couldn't believe it...

Sophie's sudden wailing caught my attention, and I had never been more happy to hear it. "Excuse me. Like I said, ask Annie if you need anything."

With clenched fists, I left a few probably very confused new-comers in my wake and stormed towards my hut, letting the mixture of emotions brew. The moment Sophie saw me walk in, she wailed harder and stuck her little arms into the air, begging to be picked up.

I reached into the make-shift cradle and pulled her to my chest, content when she stopped crying and rested her head on my shoulder instead.

I choked back a few tears and grabbed one of the small blankets from her bed, wrapping it gently around my daughter, very careful to conceal her tail. You never did know when one of the new-comers (unless they were spies, but I was honestly doubting that) walked in. I didn't have the time nor the patience to deal with their reactions to a little, harmless two-year-old with a tail.

"Happy birthday sweet-heart," I whispered sadly, stepping back outside. Happy birthday indeed.

Ryder

Water... that's what I needed... But was there even anybody in here to get it for me? Footsteps... I swear I had heard them, but I couldn't tell if they had come or went. Whether or not they were human or beast. Beast... was that it? Was I being attacked? Or, had I been attacked?

No. I told myself quickly. Wasn't Gemma in here not to long ago? But... if she had been, where was she now? Or worse yet, what if that had all been some sort of hallucination?

More searing pain spread through my arm, and I didn't even try to hold back the groan that came with it.

My thoughts all stopped short for a moment after that, and then seemed to turn to one thing. I would never know where I was, what was happening to me, if I didn't force my eyes to open. The fact that they may as well be nailed, screwed and stapled together wasn't helping anything, but I was trying.

"Gem-ma?" My voice cracked horribly, and it was making my already swollen, constricted-feeling throat burn just to open my mouth.

There was movement, followed by a slur of words that I didn't catch. It wasn't Gemma's voice, though, that much I could tell very easily.

Finally, I managed to pry my eyes open, and no matter how much the light was burning, I refused to let them close again. If they closed, heaven knows I wouldn't be able to get them back open. More searing pain-- everywhere, this time. Again. I groaned louder, letting my body tense.

I took a few unsteady, labored gasps, fighting off a wave of panic when my throat felt like it was swelling more. The room was starting to come into view. The only positive of my current situation. The medical hut? Dominique? "W-w-ater," I wheezed, gripping the edge of the cot tightly, waiting for the pain to subside and for my throat to expand again. It didn't look like it was going to happen.

Samantha

I had spent the last three minutes storming through the halls, pistol in-hand, Damon at my heels. He was asking me something, but I wasn't quite catching it. There were so many things he didn't understand the importance of. So, so many things. The condition of the new group of teenagers-- especially Tiaan, for the moment, was among the top of that list.

I was ready at the entrance when the pilots returned, glaring at each of them. Damon stopped behind me, shifting his weight between his two feet.

"What, pray tell, makes you think that you can break the girl's wrist?" I demanded, face growing hot with anger.

The two pilots exchanged looks before returning their attention back to me. "She had a dagger!"

I almost laughed. "Your point is what, exactly? You had no clearance to harm any of them, with the exception of drugging them should they choose to be uncooperative while you were picking them up! No. Physical. Harm!"

Damon started to say something, but was cut off by the first pilot, who's name currently escaped me. "What were we supposed to do?! Let her kill us?" He sounded almost as furious as I was, not to mention his facial expression was something around exasperated.

I gritted my teeth, gun aimed for his head. "Yes. You were. And I do believe that you were the one who broke her wrist, yes?"

The man jumped back, fumbling for his own gun. Too bad for him, he hadn't been allowed to take a loaded gun on the mission. It was empty, to be used for bluffs and bluffs only. "Since she didn't finish the job, I'm going to have to do it for her, now won't I?" Before the man could even process what I had just said, there was a bullet in his head and he was slumped over, dead. His partner was next.

Damon stared, and all I could do was purse my lips. "Where's Mark when you need him?" I muttered under my breath. Damon was probably going to ask questions about this-- but he didn't quite realize how important orders were going to be as of now. Disobeying them would most certainly have penalties for the other Supervisors. A bullet to the head or chest, more than likely.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:35 pm
JabberHut says...

Jackson Teel

Jackson watched her run off, but not for long. His attention immediately returned to Skipper who was being forced backward by the prowling beast in front of him. How could he not kill this thing? He's got a dagger and he's played tackle football for years. Surely, he could take it down.

"Hey!" Jackson called out to it. The beast's head jerked in his direction. Skipper started barking again as if trying to distract the beast from his master, but it didn't listen. It started moving on on the much meatier prey -- Jackson.

Jackson started moving backward, holding up his dagger. He suddenly regretted ever taking its attention, though the thought of losing Skipper before his very eyes would have been more deadly than this beast's jaws. With some cliche and obscure battle/football-player cry, Jackson charged the beast with his dagger and stabbed him.

The girl probably found him a fool. The beast clawed at Jackson more than once before he finally rolled away. Skipper's barking had stopped, but the beast flailed and spun in circles as the dog hung onto its back with only his jaws. With a dog attached and flying behind it, the beast started ramming into trees. Jackson scurred out of its way, horrified as his dog was getting banged up.

"Skip! Skipper, down!" Jackson begged. The dog let go after being rammed into another tree, and it slid down to the ground. Skip didn't get up, but he twitched and tried to stand. Glad that his best friend was still alive, Jackson ran stupidly all around the area, not even paying attention if it was near the girls or not.

He ran as fast as his athletic legs would let him, keeping it away from the dog anyway. It was as if he were just playing chase with Skipper back home. Only this wasn't Skip, and it was kinda maybe a life-or-death situation.

Then a thought occurred to him. While running, he pulled off his pack and grabbed one of Skip's slobbery tennis balls. Remembering what the girl had told him ("Try the same way your dog got it away from the tree - bait. Maybe another animal.")

Well, he didn't have an animal. But anyway. He suddenly stopped and climbed a tree. He wasn't a very good climber, but it's funny how you never know until you have a man-eating beast on your tail. Jackson scurred right up to the nearest branch and sat there. The beast was now beneath him. Was it just him, or did it seem a bit more furious than before?

A weak bark sounded from Skip. The beast hesitated, but decided Jackson was the better prize. It started clawing and beating at the tree.

Another bark.

The beast stopped growling now, looking for where that mangy mut could be. Jackson took this opportunity, prayed to whatever great being thing could be watching that his plan would somewhat work, and threw his tennis ball on the beast's rear. Or at least where the jaws weren't.

The beast growled and rotated itself, searching for who would dare throw something at it this time. Jackson had to think fast. He snapped a big-ish twig, which made the beast growl some more. Jackson tossed it away and held his breath.

It seemed to work. The beast went after it, leaving Jackson alone in a tree.

He climbed down and rushed back to the area, wincing at the forgotten wounds on his arms and chest, the bruises and sore muscles in his legs. It didn't slow him down. His athlete instincts told him to ignore it and just "finish the game" (or make it out alive). He wasn't sure how long the beast would be distracted and if it would come back, so he had to warn them. Maybe they could run? Maybe not. But maybe?
I make my own policies.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 pm
SisterItaly says...

Domi

I put a hand on Ryder's cheek, but quickly pulled it away. He was burning up! I licked my lips nervously and stared at the door of the hut. He needed water, but I couldn't just leave him here alone. Could I? I'd only be gone for a few moments... and it was to help him.
"I'll be right back Ry, don't worry," I whispered, giving my brother a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing out of the hut.

Water was kept in large barrels in the kitchen. I darted for it when I saw new people. People I hadn't seen before. I glanced between them and the kitchen, they would have to wait. Ry needed water, and I had to bring it to him. I saw Tarrion and fumed a little inside... wasn't he supposed to be checking on the baby? I would talk to him later.

I quickly grabbed a bowl and dipped it into the cool water, I couldn't run back to the hut. No, I'd spill all the water. I began to walk back to the med-hut. Holding the bowl with both hands. I chanced a glance back at the new-comers, and I did not like the looks of that one girl. She seemed obviously full of herself.

When I reach the hut I pushed the door open with my foot and knelt down beside Ryder, tipping the bowl up slightly as I placed it against his lips. I silently prayed that the cool water would ease the swelling in his throat.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:31 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Yeah, I'm alive. Suckahs.

Micah

There was a small child in my vicinity. A small child with a tail.

My wrist had cramped in less than three seconds, it was moving so fast. My journal was getting full fast- first with notes about the others, then the wildlife, and now a small monkey-girl-thing that looked thoroughly adorable, in a weird sense. I didn't have any younger siblings -I was the runt of the family- so I didn't exactly have a reference point. Chubby cheeks, dark eyes, dark hair, tail. I scribbled a line under tail several times. To be researched, the line said determinedly.

My knuckles were still white. Things were getting entirely absurd- insane, freaky, surreal, whatever you want to call it. Then again, my father just sold me to the men in white, but that was halfway to be expected.

I swallowed and raised my pen. I'd forgotten to take it off the paper, though, so a curve of precious black ink was smeared across the page. I frowned. The man holding monkey-child looked sort of puzzled. I resisted the urge to make a quick analysis of that.

"Er... yes?"

"It is socially acceptable for me to ask the word to which you respond?"

Well, that came out wordier than I wanted it to.

"Pardon?"

"I think he means your name..." someone said behind me.

"Oh! Tarrion."

I wrote it down quickly, the letters only slightly illegible. "I like that. I'm Micah."

It felt a little strange saying it. I hadn't said it in years, not since I met Grovestein, the blacksmith. Micah... my name, wasn't it? I was accustomed to 'daydreamer', 'professor', 'Cloud Watcher', and most commonly, a certain variation of a word I don't wish to repeat.

But I was Micah, wasn't I? Huh. Thought so.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:05 am
Razcoon says...

[Apologies for suckiness. Things happen.]

Naz

Now whatever the man did to distract the beast doesn't really matter. The fact remains that he did, and came tearing back through the trees. His dog, to my relief, came bounding behind him. He stopped abruptly, and said, "We have to run if we want to lose that thing."

"Thanks for the warning. Let's go, I know the way to the camp," I told him, turning to run. In a moment, he fell into step beside me. Sallie ran with us, but was struggling to keep up. Neither of us were going full speed. I was afraid of leaving Sallie for the beast, and the man was probably just not sprinting ahead because I'm the one who knows the location. It made me wonder who's faster. Right then I just couldn't tell.

After a few minutes, the fort walls came into view. I slowed to a halt, and Sallie, who looked tired before, appeared faint. "By the way, what's your name?" I asked the man between pants.

"I'm Jackson, you?"

"Naz." Jackson raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Stands for Nasira," I explained. "So Jackson, or can I call you Jack? Nevermind, help me carry this girl inside and get her some water?"
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:06 am
Jashael says...

~~Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ~~
Sallie
(THE WOODS with Naz & Jackson)

A girl came to my rescue. Well, not really. While gripping tightly onto a branch for balance, I heard the girl scream at her pet to “get some help”; but unfortunately, it didn’t come back. Who showed up soon were Skipper and Jackson.

At first, Jackson tried to kill the beast, but had failed. Naz informed us that no one can kill a beast, except this particular person—but it didn’t matter because that person wasn’t with us—so Jackson obviously had to think of something else to do with the beast that will make it not hurt us. He ran around, and after some time of playing with the beast, Jackson figured out how to beat it to it to its own little game. He threw a fairly huge twig, and the beast came after it, like a dog. Then it was gone—for now. Oh my…just distracted. It could come back for us anytime—and who would know what it would do next?

The girl, whose name was Naz, told me it was safe to come down. I didn’t think so, but I followed her. I swung my leg to step on a branch. Sadly, I was too clumsy and I plumped down on the ground. “Ouch…” My head hurt now, because my body hurt as well and the events were too horrifying for me to comprehend. I was pretty sure—okay, maybe one hundred percent sure after being a school geek—that that beast didn’t, or shouldn’t even exist!

Never mind my trying to make sense out of anything. What was important is that the beast was momentarily gone.

Naz started running after Jackson had suggested that we had to. Jackson and I followed her. I hoped she knew where she was going; she appeared to know the way somehow (even though everything looked the same: the bushes and trees, plus there was no road). She spoke of a “camp”. I wondered what it was.

Soon, after running through trees and bushes, we saw walls. I gripped my bag tightly, trying my best to keep up with them. We were almost there, I thought. But I was too tired, hungry, sleepy, and most of all shocked, so I collapsed, right on my chest, on my nose. The twigs grazed my cheeks. “Ow…” And no matter what I did, I couldn’t get up.

Skipper barked and licked my grazed cheeks. I heard the two stop. Someone gently rolled me over with her hands. It was Naz.

“Help me carry this girl inside and get her some water,” Naz said to Jackson, her eyes locked on me though. She looked concern. I was grateful even for just that stare full of care. She gently raised my head up. “Jack!”

Jackson came over, and slowly made me sit up. “Put her on my back,” he said.

Naz helped Jackson carry me. It felt so nice to know they wouldn’t leave me alone. And at that very moment, I knew I could trust them; and even though I had these disheartening thoughts that I might not be able to come back home, I was glad I had them.

Naz took my and Jackson’s bags. When I was carried, that was when I not only couldn’t move, but I also lost my consciousness…

Sorry this was short. As you see, I got unconscious. :p Whatta excuse. :lol:
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:51 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Seth-Fort

Ick this is horrible.

Like usual Seth instantly began to size people up upon entrance to the small fort. The man that opened the gate looked haggard and impatient, as if the newcomer’s arrival was a burden to him. Seth’s gaze slid off the somber looking man and focused in on Tiaan locking lips with a blonde girl. In some cases Seth would have found such an act appealing, but both of the girls were ugly; instead it was like watching two deflated gorillas go at it.

Apparently the guy that opened the door found it in bad taste too.

"Please, go ask the one who's busy making out with a girl while my brother is DYING if you need anything. Seeing as she's not really busy!"

The two snapped apart instantly looking embarrassed.

“Sorry Tarrion,” The blonde girl said quickly.

So his brother was dying? Seth glanced at one of the huts where a groan came from. He wondered how many others were there. He hoped that the others were more attractive then the two he saw before him.

Tarrion left mumbling to himself.

“So where are we exactly?” Nailah asked.

Seth did not pay attention to the girl’s answer as his eyes caught sight of a new target She was headed to one of the huts with her head down as she carried water.

Seth had various categories for women.

Cute=Nice face, but that was it.
Hot= Nice body, but that was it.
Beautiful=A nice balance between body and face.
Gorgeous=So perfect in both categories it was hard to believe.
Adorable= A combination of body and face that made one want to pinch the girls cheek and sit them on ones lap.

This girl fit into the adorable category.

She entered the hut before Seth could make any further mental notes on her, but he face was already ingrained his head. He would draw it later.

Tarrion had come back and was talking to Micah. He now held a baby in his arms. It had a squashed looking face and big wide eyes. In honesty it looked like a bush baby that had been slapped in the face too many times. Then again in Seth’s opinion most if not all babies were ugly; this one exceptionally so. None the less, Seth could see in the child a little of Tarrion and some of the adorable girl that had walked by previously.

Seth looked Tarrion. Really, she made a baby with him? Seth could have done a lot better. With his DNA her baby would have come out mildly attractive unlike this beast. If he got a chance he’d test his theory.

Seth voiced these thoughts in few words. “Ugly little thing isn’t it? Must come from you, because the mother is rather fetching,” Seth said absently.

To no surprise the man punched Seth in the jaw and he was sent flying to the ground. Seth felt dizzy and his jaw ached, but none the less he fingered it and began to laugh.

“Don’t you dare talk about my child or wife in such a way,” he yelled.

“Anger is such an ugly emotion,” Seth said still smiling despite the pain.

Seth suspected the situation would have elevated if not for the gate opening and three more people coming in. He recognized two of them; although Sallie was unconscious. She was supported by Jackson and a girl he didn’t recognize; she had to be a local.

“I don’t have time for this,” Tarrion snapped.

He trudged off with his little ugly child.

"These people are going to be fun."

“I see the rest you made it here alive,” Jackson said looking at all of us. His eyes rested on Tiaan for a moment. "I'm glad to see you're all okay."

The girl holding Sallie's other side spoke. "Let me show you where to lay her down."

Jackson nodded and the two carried Sallie off.

“I’ll show you,” the girl holding Sallie’s other side said.

Seth got to his feet and opened his mouth as he felt his jaw. It still tingled and ached, but there did not seem to be any serious damage. He looked at Nailah and slowly approached her. He tapped his jaw. “Kiss to make it better?”
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:08 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Maiara | Duncan & Maiara's Hut:

While Duncan cleaned up, I hid my face against my legs. I'd washed it and returned to freaking out in the corner, but that hadn't gotten rid of the sick feeling that had nothing to do with throwing up. I was pregnant....and stuck on an island. I swore, a low stream of words that would have made Tarrion frown. Damnit. Why did this have to happen? It was bad. Domi had been kidnapped while she was pregnant....would that happened to me if the crazy lady found out? I blinked back tears, peeking out at Duncan as he took off his shoes. I didn't want that to happen.

I hide my face again just as someone entered the hut and Tarrion called on us. I froze, barely breathing. I hope he didn't notice anything strange. Looking up, I saw Sophie and froze again, staring at her. Tarr frowned at me. "Something wrong, Mai?" he asked.

I shook my head and stood up, trying to resist the urge to cover my stomach. What was with me? I crossed over to Tarr and frowned. "What's up?" I asked, trying not to freak out more. Hormones, I told myself. It's just hormones.

"Can you look after Sophie for me?"

I blinked. Tarrion did NOT just ask me that. I backed up, glancing towards Duncan. He wandered over, without shoes on, and took Sophie when she was handed to him. I climbed into the bed and threw the blankets over my head. No, no, no. This could not be happening. No freaking way. Then I started crying---while Tarrion was still in the room.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:17 pm
eldEr says...

Tarrion

I blinked a few time in Maiara's direction and shot Duncan a very confused look. "Um... is now a bad time?" I asked quietly, uncomfortably rubbing the back of my neck. I needed to get back to the medical and check on Ryder-- and no way was I bringing Sophie anywhere near him-- but by the looks of things, I had just interrupted something. A fight? Had I just made it worse?

Duncan shook his head slightly. "No.. it's fine," he answered quickly, but the frown was unmistakable. Not that I blamed him. Maiara was hiding under blankets and crying. I was frowning, too.

"You sure? I could go put her back in the hut for a bit while I checked on Ry..."

Duncan shook his head again. "Tell me how Ryder's doing."

I cast one more somewhat-concerned glance at Maiara, but decided not to ask anymore questions. Not yet. After I was assured Ryder was going to be fine, I'd ask all the questions I wanted. For now, though, I'd accept their help and hope that whatever was going on between Mai and Duncan was one of those quick-fix typed things.

"If you need me to come back and take her off your hands, just ask," I muttered before turning and leaving the hut. Ryder had been... quiet for a while now. I didn't know whether to be worried or relieved about the lack of groans.

When I did get to the hut, I was relieved. Ryder was propped up a ways on his elbows, and Domi was helping him drink. His arms were trembling, and still fiery red, but he wasn't laying down, wasn't groaning. I let out a deep sigh and walked over to the cot, smiling slightly.

"Where's Sophie?" Domi asked, obviously unimpressed with something or other.

"With Mai and Duncan. I... wanted to check on Ryder." I left out the fact that one of the new comers had called Sophie ugly, and then Domi "fetching." And then there was the fact that I had slugged him-- of course, he deserved it. He was lucky I didn't throw him out of the fort all together. The more I thought about it, the less I liked this group. Micah wasn't so bad. A little strange, yes, but over-all a sweet kid. That red-head who had been kissing Annie... she irked me. The dark-skinned girl looked like she had just stepped out of a mansion, and we really didn't have time for arrogant, rich teenagers. There were a few others, of course, but I hadn't analyzed them yet.

Domi was saying something, but I was too lost in thought to catch what it was. Maybe she was talking to Ryder... I blinked. Ryder was talking? I snapped back to the present and smiled.

"How you feeling Ry?"

He groaned and set his head back on the pillow, staring at me with his what-do-you-think? expression. My smile faded, and I rested the back of my hand on his forehead. He was still burning up. At least he wasn't writhing around anymore.

He had actually opened his mouth to say something, but Annie and the red-head with the pigtails walked in. I frowned at both of them and took the bowl from Domi, just so I had an excuse to put it up and not look in their direction. Immature, maybe, but I was on the verge of blowing up.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu