z

Young Writers Society

Just Be Yourself (Accepting)

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:25 pm
Tigersprite says...

Tiger

I hated the long treck to school. And for what? To listen to a bunch of loud, hormone-driven boys and plastic, materialistic girls talking and getting in my way? Yippee.

My first class was band. Two words: Hate it. When I pushed open the door, some boy was standing there, he turned around really fast and nearly brained me with his huge bag.

"Hey,whatchit!" I cried. He didn't say anything, instead he stared at me, as if he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.

TIGERSPRITE
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

Reviews: 1
Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 pm
Fox says...

Okay, I'm gonna try to join this, but if it gets hard to keep up with, I might have to drop out.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 3
Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:04 pm
MyStoryline says...

reserving a spot!!!!!!

*P.S, this is fictionfanatic on my friends account*

Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 pm
Fox says...

Name: She has a MILLION different nicknames, but the majority of people call her Vanilla (that's her last name, but that's her nickname. sorry!) You can make up one for her if you want. Her first name is Sevine

Appearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

Grade: young Junior

Personality: She's....unexplainable. It all depends on the mood she's in. She can be random and funny, but other times very emotional and quiet. She feels sad and lonely a lot, because she doesn't believe she has many friends or is likable, and she has a very low self esteem (sometimes). She is also very fun to be around, and she is very nice. She comes off as weird sometimes, but we all have some weird in us don't we?

She's unpredictable, and nobody knows the true her.

Social Group/Standing: standing

Likes/Dislikes: It all depends on the mood she's in. Generally, though, she likes flowers and animals, and dislikes water...and sometimes people.

Quirks/Weaknesses: She bags on herself a lot, and she can be kinda weird. Not many people like her, and she is really insecure. When her friends joke around with her, she takes it offensively, though she knows they're only kidding, and it only makes her self esteem drop more (her friends are really the only ones who make fun of her :P)

Strengths/Talents: She's a strong Christian, so she hates being sad (though she is a lot), she is really smart and athletic, and is good at writing.

Theme Song: Trying to Find a Place in This World by Taylor Swift

Up For Love?: yes

Other: You just need to know that she's kinda unexplainable...and kinda bipolar. She gets made fun of a lot, and needs a friend (but she might not be very accepting depending on how she's feeling). She has odd friends, who aren't very popular (though she could be considered popular, she chooses not to be). I apologize for making her so confusing, but that's me! :/ :? :| You'll get the hang of her eventually. :)
Last edited by Fox on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:50 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Gigi

Apearance/Picture: Long, waving, golden blond hair. An oval, tanned face with full lips and deep blue eyes. Broad, swimmer's shoulders. A curvy torso. Five foot two inches. Size nine shoe. Wears darker colors, wears combat boots a lot, and her clothes are kind of dark and edgey.

Grade: Freshman

Personality: She is a soft spoken, confident, intelligent, bubbley person. She absolutely loves to have a laugh and she's extremely funny. She's usually a happy person, but she can get angry pretty easily. She normally hides it though. She refuses to let people talk down to her or treat her poorly and if they do, she will end up fighting you.

*Will post more tomorrow, I'm limited on time right now.*

Social Group/Standing: Fits in pretty much everywhere

Likes/dislikes: Likes-Aerosmith (That's my obsession right now...yay Steven Tyler!), STEVEN TYLER!!!, reading (i read a TON!!!), the color yellow, boys, I'm really into Europe (really wanna travel there), Taylor Lautner, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, going to the movies, shopping, laughing, my friends, my family, my combat boots (wear them like, everyday), sleeping in, drawing, writing. Her favorite word is creeper
Dislikes-JUSTIN BIEBER (with a passion!), people read my writing before I want them to, doing dishes, getting yelled at, getting woken up early, when people treat me poorly, sunburn, early swim meets/cross country meets, high pithed sounds, dumb questions, people who act fake, false stupidity for guys, changing yourself for a guy, horror movies

Quirks/Weaknesses: Quirks-Always have to make a comment, always over think things Weaknesses-british accents, funny people

Strengths/Talents: Strengths-art, reading, writing, humor, sleeping, cooking Talents-singing, writing, running, swimming, tennis,

Theme Song: I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

Up For Love?: Sure

Other:
Live, Love, Laugh

Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 am
Fox says...

My character is called many different things by many different people. Everybody knows her (but that doesn't make her necessarily popular). You can come up with your own nickname for her once you get to know her a bit.

Savine (Vanilla)

"Okay everyone, pair up and start working on your monologue." The Musical Theater teacher said. Everyone rushed to their friends. None of mine were in this class, and I wasn't really the social type, so I waited to see who ended up without a partner. Hopefully, everyone would have one. I didn't like talking to people I didn't know.

A girl named Kay ended up without a partner. Poor her! She would be stuck with me....awkward little me. I smiled. I didn't mind being socially awkward.

She seemed like a nice girl. Maybe she wouldn't mind me not talking much. I just hoped she wasn't the kind that tried to get me to talk.

She looked around, and approached me with a smile. I smiled back, though I was kinda nervous. "Hey, your name's Savine, right?" she asked. I nodded, but sighed inside. Everyone knew me, and whether or not that was a good thing I still didn't know. "Well, I guess we're together then." I nodded, not wanting to say something stupid, and we got to work.

((Sorry, I know it's short. Just trying to get into it.))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:37 am
FinalFreedom says...

(By the way, I named the musical theater teacher, just for emphasis on my character's relationship. He's now "Mr O'brien")

Michelle

The familiarity of the sullen stairs that led to the drama wing of the school frightened Michelle. It had never done so before aside from now, in the last year of high school. It was weird to think of leaving the whispering halls filled with rumors, deceit, friendship, and love; to think of herself with that one piece of paper that is all the world needs to say "hey, maybe you aren't a screw up", even if that's the way she always felt about herself. Michelle sighed and dug into her shoulder bag as she walked.
Stares, glares, and worthless cares, that was how she defined the popular people who had devoted their schooling life to making hers horrible. Granted, it may have been slight paranoia to believe that they only ruined her life, seeing as it was their goal to ruin at least five a day, but in her own way she knew that for some reason they just never liked her. And, of course, her locker just happened to be right in the middle of all of them.
"Morning!" Michelle looked back as she opened her locker, finding Marna, her drama partner and self-instated best friend.
"Hey Marna," she said, shoving all the books from her bag into her locker. "How's the script going?"
"Pretty good, I guess."
"You guess?"
"Yeah," Marna replied sheepishly. "I just don't really know about it. I think Mr. O is going to like it, but I don't think it's going to be worth performing."
Michelle closed her locker, now holding only a single pile of paper and a pen. She turned around to face Marna and smiled. "You do realize that's sign numero uno, right?"
Marna nodded, but didn't reply. Together, they walked down the hall and took a left turn towards the main drama room. It was a quiet walk and Michelle could tell there was a lot more on Marna's mind than just a poorly written script. Truth be told there was quite a bit on hers, also, just none that she felt like talking about; or rather, nothing that anyone would ever notice. Michelle gripped the handle tightly and pulled the door open once they finally reached the door and motioned for Marna to enter first.
"Okay, everyone pair up and start working on your monologue," Mr. O'Brien stood at the front of the room, watching as everyone stood up and shuffled around, trying to find the perfect, or rather preferred, partner. Michelle made her way to the front of the room, ignoring the direction Marna was going. She was heading towards the corner, where the two girls usually sat, but Michelle had some business to take care of. As she passed the groups, she noticed Kay and Savine sitting together, obviously paired up. She had never personally talked to either of the two, but one of her key strengths was her memory and her ability to remember names. Creepy, to some, but useful to herself.
"Mr. O," she said, handing the teacher her pile of paper. "I finished my script, did you want to take a look?"
"Ah, perfect! Yes, let me have a look," the teacher said as he pulled his glasses out of his shirt pocket.
"So, what are you doing for your monologue?" asked a voice behind her.

--

Anyone can jump in.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

84 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:07 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Forgot to mention, I'm pretty popular but not extremely...mainly because i float around from group to group.

Gigi

The day started off pretty okay i guess. I ended up waking up with only 10 minutes until i had to leave, so I never got to brush out my hair meaning it's super curly right now. I had managed to throw on black jeggings, a grey long sleved shirt that has cuffed and buttoned sleeves, and of course my combat boots.

When I got to band no one was there so I moved towards my locker. Because I'm drums, the band locker I was given is really big. And of course, my sticks were in the back. As I retrieved them I heard two more people enter the room. "Hey, watchit!" One of them yelled.

Crawling from my locker I shoved a stick of React 5 gum in my mouth and banged one of my drum sticks against the cymbal, causing an echo to go through the room. Popping my gum I gave a wave and a soft smile "Uh, hey." For some reason, I coldn't remmber either of their names. I never really payed attention in this class. I only chose it it fourth grade because I didn't want to do chorus. I chose drums because no other girls were doing them. For me, this is just a filler class, even though I'm pretty good at the drums I guess.

"I'm Gigi. And you guys are?" The I remebered "Oh cripes!" I yelled. "Now I know why I don't know you! I dont have this class right now! I have it next period. I ran from the band room and hurried to my locker to get the right books. After slamming it shut I ran to my nect class. By the time I got there, it had started and I was being disapproving looks. I blushed a little "Sorry guys. Wrong class."

I quickly took a seat and faced the person infront of me "Hey. I'm Gigi."

*By the way, this is art class. And this can be anyone*
Live, Love, Laugh

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:58 am
SisterItaly says...

Emaly

Art, yay. What were we drawing today? Feet like yesterday? Then I heard a voice behind me...
"Hey, I'm Gigi."
I turned and smiled at the girl behind me.
"Emaly, E-m-a-l-y. I know it's weird," I replied as always.
She smiled and seemed to run out of things to say. So I turned back around and doodled hearts on the paper in front of me. My guess was pretty close, we were drawing hands today. I could draw hands better then feet.

When the teacher was done flapping his chops I pulled my desk next to Chelsea. Like every art period. At least then I didn't have to sit alone. It was actually interesting sitting next to her... because in english I sat next to Samantha. Hearing both sides of the story was always interesting. The thing is... Chelsea and Sam hated each other. With a fiery passion. Heh, teenage drama.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:20 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Cori Blayne (CB)

Apearance/Picture:
Spoiler! :

My hair is usually wildly curly. I have chocolate brown eyes that seem to have golden flecks in the sunlight(: I'm a little on the chubby side, but nothing a little basketball won't cure when the season rolls around (:

Grade: Freshman (:

Personality: Quiet in class, but a total spit fire around my friends and while playing sports. I get sick really easily though, and have had a history of being in the hospital countless times.

Social Group/Standing: Bouncer ; I can hang out with the football players, then go sit with my basketball homies xD, then go and talk shizz with the gangsters XD, and then go scream with the emo kids, and even talk about the latest technology or video game out with the techies.

Likes/dislikes: She likes practically everything, and hates frogs, cheese, and losing basketball games.

Quirks/Weaknesses: She limps sometimes, due to a recent knee surgery that she refuses to go easy on, since basketball is going to start in a mere two months, and like I said, she gets sick really easy and really fast.

Strengths/Talents: Basketball, singing/playing the guitar, and writing

Theme Song: Love Me or Hate Me - Lady Sovereign

Up For Love?: Nope, I got a boyfriend named Matthew Thomas! (:

Other: Constantly going to the nurse for meds.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:47 am
Chupatoasta says...

CB~

"Stop," I giggled softly, sitting on the tailgate of his truck. He chuckled and kissed my on the forehead, reaching for my cellphone. "No!" I screeched, laughing hysterically as I grabbed my guitar case and backpack and rolled under his arm, grabbing his jacket in the process. The bell had rung a while ago, but we had been sitting there since early that morning, when he snuck into my room at four in the morning. "Love you," I chagrinned and grabbed his chin between my pointer finger and thumb, pressing his lips to mine softly before smiling up at him and running to the band room.

"Blayne! Dangit, I called that girl this morning and told her specifically to be here before seven thirty!" The band director was already throwing a hissy fit right as I walked through the doors.

"And, Uncle Adam, it's seven twenty nine with five seconds to spare. Here in the knick of time!" The whole class of fellow freshman were staring at me.

"And since you like being so fashionably late my dear neice, would you care to start the introductions?" I opened and closed my mouth a couple of times, paling considerably.

"Err... Hi everyone... I'm Cori Blayne... Most people call me CB... I've been in every middle school in the county, and finished eighth grade in... that one private christian academy down the street from here. Aaaand, I'm fourteen, and I usually play bass or electric keyboard at the football games, and when I'm not doing that I'm in the drumline for marching band!" I smiled and rocked back on my heels, looking around.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

84 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:23 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Quick question...Do we have four or eight classes a day? 'Cause at my school we have four 80 minutes classes one day and then the other four the next day. And we also have a 50 minute lunch period which is meant for us to eat, get some homework done, visit teahcer, etc (It actually comes in good handy because after school sports last so long). So are we doing that or do we have all eight each day? I mean, I'm sure that none of you do the same thing as me since I don't think any other schol does this buuuuuuttttttt.....yeah. So what're we doing?

Oh, and allmixedup, what you said about drawing hands in art was kind of ironic, 'cause for the past 35 das in my art class we have been drawing hands...I've actually gotten really good at it.

Sorry, I kinda just started rambling.
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:05 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Garrett

So we got some fellow crazies in band, eh? I'm cool with that. More of my kind! Haha!

Some of the other kids introduced themselves, and before I knew it it was my turn. I stood up and cleared my throat. "Um, hi. I'm Garrett. I play the alto and baritone saxaphone. I like long walks on the beach, romantic candle-lit dinners, and poking dead things with a stick." I sat down as some of the other kids chuckled. I made a mental note of which ones laughed the 'hardest' - they would probably be the easiest to turn to my side later if they were that amused by such an old joke.

I only listened with half an ear to most of the other introductions, instead fingering Anthropology by Charlie Parker on my sax half-heartedly.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:09 am
Winchester says...

Chloe (Call me Clo or Max :) )
this will probs be short, cos I'm on my iPod, and I'm ill.

I walked to my second class, Band... Kinda annoying since I didn't really know how to play anything because I never really had the do-it-yourself attitude and Becky and dad never got me lessons.

I had on my grey skinnies, superman converse and superman tank top with a bit of blue eye shadow on...Ehey still would never get noticed.

I got told to introduce my self, "Hey, I'm Chloe, I hate my name because it's too ordinary. I don't really know how to play anything but I can sing. " that was all i said.

The class went by quickly, as I walked out of class I saw a poster....

"school talent show...NEXT WEEK"

it caught my intrest at once, so I put my name down.
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:17 am
Yuriiko says...

May I join in?

By the way, I noticed that people who've joined in are mostly gals. >.<
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

Adventure is worthwhile.
— Aesop