z

Young Writers Society

Mageborns: The Exiles (Started, But Accepting!)

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:47 am
MilkNCookies says...

Right. Sorry bout that... heh. I fixed it. I'm really excited to get some rpg started.

woot! page 2!
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Reviews: 1
Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 pm
Fox says...

Name: Shilo Vanilla (But her friends just call her Vanilla)

Appearance: short, petite, all around small (however you wish to put it), short brown hair, bright blue eyes. She's normally not as bubbly as she is in the picture below, though.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She comes off as sweet and kind, but she is also really tough and fierce. She doesn't except any tom-foolery or slacking off. She never gives up, and won't turn down a challenge. She is brave and will do almost anything to get what she wants. Get in her way, and she'll kick your butt. Once you get to know her, though, you can't help but love her. She enjoys having fun with her friends, but then becomes very serious when the situation demands it.

History: She was always an only child, and got whatever she wanted, but her mother was very controlling. She was to speak only when spoken to, otherwise remain silent, at the dinner table and public events. Her father was never really home, and her mother never did much with her. She was free to do what she wanted most of the times, but she never was really happy.

Likes: A LOT of things, but nothing really in particular. It all depends on the time and the mood she's in.

Dislikes: '' (That means the same as what's above for anyone that may not know)

Flaws: Not good with making friends with other girls, impatient, hates waiting, stubborn

Good Points: loves to laugh with friends (who are mostly guys), stealthy/sneaky/sly (however you want to put it), an all around good fighter, takes things seriously when needed.

Habits: ...hm...a lot, but she doesn't realize any.

Other: She's a top student and has a few privileges and responsibilities--striving to be a mast mage: warrior.
I apologize I wasn't very specific in describing most things about her, but that's kinda who she is: indescribably describable! Hope you understand...though you probably don't. You'll start understanding as I post more and more.
Last edited by Fox on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

49 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Cool! We'll be great friends!

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 pm
Fox says...

It might take a while for them to become friends. She's not good with other girls...I know that's weird. It's hard to explain.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

49 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:51 pm
MilkNCookies says...

I kinda understand, but she tends to be a leader and hang out with girls like that. and she's patient about that sort of stuff =).

~Dr.Seuss.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:50 pm
Fox says...

I guess I understand what your saying.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:29 pm
Kelcia says...

Awright, if no one else posts in a day or so, I'll post my profile and we can start.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

49 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:57 pm
MilkNCookies says...

eeek! *dances*

~Dr.Seuss.

24 Reviews

Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:32 pm
Kelcia says...

Here's my profiles.

Spoiler! :
Name: Emer Desse (That's just Desse to you!)

Appearance: Emer Desse is tall, dark-skinned, and has black hair turned mostly white. He has bright green eyes, and a mischievous smile.

Personality: Emer Desse, apparently, knows everything about everybody. Ever since he became a Master Mage, he's been engineering the way life at the Croft - and outside it - functions. However, he has a very active sense of humor, and quite a strange one at times. He used to, according to a shocking number of people, be quite the lady's man. Of course, in his old age, he's given that up - but that's not to say he doesn't try and charm the odd grandma.

History: Emer Desse was raised by jewelers. They taught him the tricks of the trade, and he still makes the odd trinket from time to time. At age eleven - a fairly young age to be discovered a Mageborn - he was taken to the Croft by Allen Heran, who was, at that time, First Sword. He was trained up at the Croft, and generally got himself mixed up in anything he could.

Likes: Knowing what's going on at all times, people doing what he says, a bit of mischief.

Dislikes: The Maliaris, the High Council, anyone doing anything stupid or reckless (unless that person is him, though he wouldn't be caught dead doing something stupid. Something reckless, maybe).

Flaws: He's got a bit of a temper.
Good Points: He knows when to be serious, and he's not unkind to new Mages.

Habits: He gets a tad irritable whenever someone gives him back-talk. Or argues.

Other: I won't be using him much; he'll just push the story along.

Spoiler! :
Name: Allin Maugrin

Appearance: Allin's of medium height but also long and lanky. He has floppy, sandy hair that, if his parents would let him, would hang freely over his blue eyes.

Personality: On the outside, he's the perfect little Blood. Nice manners, nice smile, very polite. On the inside, he detests the simple-minded Blooded girls, the idiotic masculinity of the Blooded boys, and the simpering Bloods themselves. He also hates the fashions his parents - Bloods - make him wear. Honestly. Who wears ribbons on their sleeves? And bright red pants and boots? Ridiculous! He feels that the only pluses to being a Blooded child are a) the wealth, b) the schooling (which he loves) and c) the hunting and horseback riding. He loves horses, and is a fairly skilled rider.

History: Allin was born a Blood, raised a Blood, and taught to act as one. Now, Bloods aren't supposed to be Mageborn, and Allin's parents aren't. But Allin is. That's mainly because his real father... wasn't married to his mother. So, he got magic from his true father, whereas his half-brothers and sisters didn't. When his magic made its appearance he nearly blew up half of his parents estate. This caused him to be quickly rescued by Emer Desse. He is now with said Warrior Mage and is very excited at the prospect of leaving the dreary existence of a Blood.

Likes: Horses, hunting, learning, books (he's quite the bookworm).

Dislikes: Blooded behavior, ridiculousness in any form (especially clothing. The red pants, for goodness sakes!), and, to some extent, the life he left behind when he was rescued by Emer Desse.

Flaws: He can be rather slow, and he is nervous around girls who have genuine personalities, unlike the simpering Blooded type.

Good points: He's good at hiding his feelings - especially irritation; he's a good horseman; can handle a bow; and isn't squeamish.

Habits: He tends to ask a lot of questions.

Other: Up for love

So, let's get things started!
Last edited by Kelcia on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

24 Reviews

Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:04 pm
Kelcia says...

Allin

Rakesh trotted obediently after the chestnut steed bearing the tall form of Emer Desse. Allin, astride his favorite horse, Rakesh, was far less willing to go wherever Desse led him. As pleased as Allin was to finally be leaving his erstwhile home, he was impatient to reach whatever school Desse was taking him to. Him, Allin Maugrin, attending Mage School! It was incredible.

But, right at this moment, his impatience to reach the school was far less than his impatience at this slow pace. They were about to enter the Waste, and this was the last solid ground they’d feel for a while. He wanted to urge his horse into a gallop, maybe challenge the old man to a race. But he didn’t. He knew that Desse was his one and only chance for survival. He did let his annoyance show though.
----

A few days later, Allin and Emer Desse were sitting on a patch of dry land, somewhere in the Waste, making camp for the night.

“Are we almost there yet?” Asked Allin, before cursing as a spark from the fire leapt up and nipped at his hand. Desse chuckled.

“Almost. It’s on the other side of the Waste. We’ll be there in a few days. Meanwhile…” He glanced around, as if nervous someone would overhear. “Keep an eye out for anyone.”

Allin raised an eyebrow. “In the Waste? No one lives in the Waste! Well, there are a few weirdos, and a town here and there, but not for miles. And who’d be out here on their own?” The old man shrugged.

“Escaping Mages are often drawn to this place. The magic from the Great War still lingers here. We often find young Mages wandering around, lost.” His face darkened. “And sometimes we find bodies.” Allin swallowed.

“Right. Keep an eye out. Got it.”

Feel free to hop in here, or you could wait for us up at the Academy.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:06 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Mehgan Lamontagne

Mehgan was wandering the Wastes. She was tired, hungry, and miserable, and her feet felt like they were simply going to drop off of her legs. But she didn't care. She was going to find them; she had to. Her own family didn't trust her anymore; her little brother, who she'd just played hide and seek with the day before, had called her a witch. All-in-all, her life wasn't going very well right now.

Come on Mehgan, just a few more miles... Maybe you'll find something... She shivered a little. It was cold out here, and a merciless wind was blowing, tearing at her frame and going right through her clothes. Just a moment's rest can't hurt anything... She shook herself. No. She wasn't going to let herself rest. She had to find them. Once she did, she could rest all she wanted.

Maybe.

IF you find them... NO, don't think like that, you WILL find them...

She trudged on, hugging herself.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:16 am
retrodisco666 says...

I stood by the entrance to the croft. The vast valleys and mountains of the world spiraling into the distance. The sun was setting causing the trees' to burst into flames and burn out into the black. I began to rock on my heels.We need more students or they will win I thought to myself. A dark brown owl fluttered onto the stunted oak next to me.
"How do you do?" I asked politely. Nothing.
"Not much of a talker? Oh never mind, I hope you don't mind but I am about to sing, feel free to join in!"" I yelled. I began to sing an old song, a song that only fathers fathers would remember.
"See how the main sail sets, send for the captain ashore, let me go home," I sang. A sudden rustling appeared in the bushes.
"Extendum," I yelled, my long aged finger outstretched. The bush withered to black and died revealing the culprit behind it.

(I have no idea who the person will be so feel free to give me ideas)
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:43 am
Fox says...

Darn it. I wish I could continue this, but I'm only allowed on tech on the weekends. I don't think I'll be able to keep up. Sorry. :(
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

24 Reviews

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 pm
Kelcia says...

That's a shame. I'm sorry you have to drop out. There isn't much going on here anyway.

Allin

Allin was just nodding off, thinking idly of his fine bed back at Maugrin Hold, his parent’s estate, when Emer Desse stood up in one sharp movement. The old warrior mage didn’t say anything, but Allin felt his warning. Someone – or something – was heading their way.

“What-?” began Allin, but Desse’s sharp voice appeared in his mind.

Shut up, it said.

“But,” Started Allin once more.

I said shut up! Snapped Desse's voice. Allin almost glowered at the old mage.

Alright, alright, he grumbled silently, wondering if Desse could actually hear his thoughts. What are you looking for anyway? There was no reply. There didn’t need to be, as Desse called out into the darkness,

“Hello, friend,” he said in a careful tone. Allin noticed that the grip on his sword hilt never slackened. “We have a fire and food, if you’d care to join us. What brings you to the Waste?”

A cloaked shadow stood on the edge of the firelight. A fairly small shadow. By this time Allin was on his feet as well, squinting hard at the figure. Although Allin could not see any particular details on the shadowy figure, it seemed that Desse could. The old man smiled and let his grip on his sword loosen.

“Hello, my girl,” he said kindly.
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Right.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:32 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

((That's Mehgan right?))
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain