z

Young Writers Society

The Cliches (Started; accepting)

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

THE CLICHES

It's the year 2015 (yes, there wasn't any Apocalypse in 2012. Now you can shut up about it). In the underground of America, contract killings are a booming business. The agencies that control these killers are as cold, calculating and brutal as the men and women who work for them. Except for one agency.

Welcome to The Cliches, the most average contract killing agency in the underground. Mister Bigg is your employer; the very definition of 'boss': nice tuxedo and always puffin' away on a Cuban cigar. Sitting behind an oak desk he directs your actions, namely, who is the next target for you to rid the world of. The Cliches has been around for years now, it's a well known name and it is on it's way to the top of the pile. And, of course, rival agencies have taking note.

You are a contract killer. You and your 'closest' associates are the best of the best in The Cliches, and thus Mister Bigg calls on you most often to do the killings. But not everyone is who they seem here...

It seems a mole has been leaking information to an enemy agency. Jobs are being compromised, and identities are being discovered. Since you are the best of the best it's up to you to find the mole and stop them, and take down whatever agency placed the mole in your midst. Are you up for the challenge?

Awright, allmixedup and I were working on this earlier, and we decided that too many SB's try too hard to be original and not follow cliche's. Well, we decided to change that!

In this story, we want as many cliche's as possible while still having a moving and original plot. How is that gonna work? We have no clue. But it's nice to try new things, eh?

Some character cliche's we've come up with to give you a headstart:
Jock
Geek
Loser
etc, etc.

Spots to claim:

The Cliches
1. GrantBlayfur: Greyson, The 'Normal' One
2. allmixedup: Katya, the Drama Queen
3. LavenderBlue: Ismene, the Nerd
4. --Open Spot--
5. ReisePiecey: Ridic, the Cool One Mole, leaks info to Excaibur's Bullet!
6. Kaywiia: Parker Marie Campbell, the Tomboy
7. Maddox Patt: Apache Mode, the Geek/Hacker
The Cliches agency is closed to new members until we get some villains!

Excaibur's Bullet, the Rival Agency
1. ultraviolet: Kree, the Ninja/Killer
2. Dr. Jamie Bondage: Brian Copenhagen, the Emo/Scene Dude

Character Profiles

Code: Select all
Name:

Age (any age, but keep it believable.):

Agency (The Cliches, or the 'Rival Agency):

Cliche (prep, jock, nerd, etc.):

Personality:

Appearance (Description and/or picture. No scene models):

Favorite style (poisons, seduction, sniper etc.)?:

Up for love?:

Other:

Rules:

-For now, writer's are allowed ONE character. If we don't get enough reception, we will increase the limit as necessary.
-Swearing is allowed, as long as it isn't in excess. Same rule as almost every other SB out there.
-Romance/relationships are allowed.
-Sex scenes are allowed, but keep out the graphic details. Best thing to do is have the characters go off and do there thing, then cut to later so we can continue with the story.
-ALL posts must be at least 550 characters. Don't ask why 550. That number is cooler than you.
-ALL posts must use correct grammer, sentence structure, etc. This site is to help you better your writing, so you might as well work at it, eh?
-NO God-moding.
-NO super characters. That includes super powers, 'special' abilities, etc. These are supposed to be generic characters that could fit in in the real world.
-Timestamp your posts in this fashion: Name of character, location, date, time. Example: "Greyson, Secret Underground Super Lair, August 24th, Morning"
-Finally, PM me and the creator of a character before you kill that writer's character. If you don't, we will ask you to remove your post and we will continue the story as if the character had never perished. It's no fun to die suddenly in the middle of a SB.
-ALL normal YWS/SB rules apply.

Link to DT: topic68654.html
Last edited by GrantBlayfur on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:37 pm, edited 11 times in total.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:44 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Katya

Cliche: Drama Queen

Agency: The Cliches

Personality: She's not one to pick a fight, let alone be in one. She'd rather seduce her victems then poison them to fighting them and getting dirty. She loves being the center of attention and will do anything to get there. She loves people who like to treat her like the goddess she believes she is. She hates team jobs, she like going solo much better.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Favorite style?: Seduction/poisons

Up for love?: DUHHHH ya : P

Other: Is prone to wearing, revealing outfits
Last edited by SisterItaly on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Random avatar

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Name: Greyson

Age (any age, but keep it believable.): Twenty

Agency (The Cliches, or the 'Rival Agency): The Cliches

Cliche (prep, jock, nerd, etc.): 'Normal'

Personality: Displays all emotions at appropriate times. Likes to make peope laugh, although he doesn't always understand what is actually funny.

Appearance (Description and/or picture. No scene models):
Spoiler! :

Favorite style (poisons, seduction, sniper etc.)?: Anything goes, though prefers sniping and hand-to-hand combat.

Up for love?: Desperatly wants a girlfriend. (No, that's not based on me...okay, maybe a little.)

Other: Comes from a well-off family. Was okay at sports, was okay at school, was okay at making friends, was just okay at everything. Ran away from home at the age of sixteen because his father beat him out of sheer dissapointment of his son's lack of success. Joined The Cliches at the age of nineteen; no one but him know's what happened during the three years of living on the run.
Last edited by GrantBlayfur on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Urgh.... I'll join. v.v

Name: Zae

Agency: Cliches.

Cliche: Loner

Personality: Haunting, violent, quick, and soft spoken. She doesn't hesitate to speak her thoughts, but they're almost whispered. Has been named Shadow Girl because of her ability to seemingly melt away into the shadows, disappear, flow through her movements seamlessly. Won't shower you with affection, even if you're her best friend. Which you aren't. Because she's a loner.

Appearance: Wears a gray beanie.

Spoiler! :

Favorite style: Good with guns, knives, and extreeeemely stealthy.

Up for love?: I wish you luck, good sir. (And that's a yes.)

Other: Great aim.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Random avatar

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:22 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

'double facepalm' I forgot to put what agency you're in in the character profiles...adding that now. My bad, everyone! :P

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:02 pm
Lavvie says...

Name: Ismene

Cliche: Nerd (specifically a know-it-all)

Agency: The Cliches

Personality: Ismene likes to correct people, and, if they happen to be right, contradict them (debate it), even if she knows it's wrong. For Ismene, other people come before herself and she likes helping them out, though she needs to be constantly reminded by others to at least give herself a little attention. Ismene can be a little vague at times, for example if someone asked her if she liked starfruit, she might just say yes/no without explaining her reasoning. But when the question involves life or death, Ismene can be very helpful in planning.

Appearance: Being less than interested in her appearance/herself, Ismene's wild curly hair is usually unbrushed and in a ponytail or let loose. Her eyes are those depicted in the photo (chocolate brown).
Spoiler! :

Favorite style?: Seduction and then leading them to a pool (drowning), busy highway (car crash) etc etc.

Up for love?: Yes, though she is picky.... XD

Other: Admiring knowledge and her greek ancestry, Ismene has a tattoo of the all-seeing eye on her left ankle, facing outwards.
Spoiler! :

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:11 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Parker Maire Campbell

Age (any age, but keep it believable.): 17

Agency: the cliches

Cliche (prep, jock, nerd, etc.): Tomboy

Personality: She's an out and out tough girl. She hates preppy cheerleaders, and can't stand anything related to them (i.e. the color pink, small purse dogs). She doesn't really make plans, and prefers to go on instinct. She makes spur-of-the-moment decisions. She is very outspoken, and just says whatever she wants. She doesn't really plan ahead, and takes things day by day. She is very blunt. Most people don't challenge her unless they want a fight. She is very defensive, and hates people who tell her girls can't do guys stuff. She loves to skateboard, and also plays the electric guitar.

Appearance (Description and/or picture. No scene models): She as straight brown hair down past her shoulders, and her face has very defined features. She doesn't really smile a lot. She has a medium build. She is of average height, at 5'7'', and is considered muscular as girls go. She wears baggy pants and a tank top a lot. She only owns sneakers; any other shoes, in her opinion, are totally useless.

Spoiler! :

Favorite style (poisons, seduction, sniper etc.)?: hand to hand combat, or using a gun. She prefers hand to hand.

Up for love?: Maybe

Other: Her theme song would be So What.(It's what I listened to making her profile)

Her Skateboard:
Spoiler! :
Last edited by Kaywiia on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:34 pm
Lavvie says...

I think we need more guys :P

Anyone? (I'm not changing--I'm awful at portraying them)

Lavvi

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

66 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 am
View Likes
SisterItaly says...

Riecey called the mole
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:37 am
ultraviolet says...

>spot saved for the mole. I'll put the profile up sometime tomorrow<
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

66 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:06 am
SisterItaly says...

ultra it was claimed

The Book.

262 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:08 am
ultraviolet says...

Oh... sorry. I may still make a character, but I might not. :|
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

66 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:14 am
SisterItaly says...

Awww I hope you do :(

The Book.

262 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:25 am
ultraviolet says...

I have a few questions: One, are the rival agency people cliches, or just regular assassins? Two, If they are regular, How exactly would you define a "normal assassin"? I would've posted these in the DT, but there isn't one.

Oh, and if I did make a character, would I get to name the agency?

~asofterworld.com

Reviews: 1
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:42 am
maddoxpatt says...

Maddox Patt, Hacker, Gamer, and to a lesser known extent, Pirater.

I wouldn't mind bein' in it, hit me up on Facebook.
AROUND THE WORLD, AROUND THE WORLD

Find wonder in the everyday, find everyday language to articulate it.
— Maurice Manning