z

Young Writers Society

It Sucks to Serve (Accepting)

Reviews: 4
Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:43 pm
MayApple says...

It Sucks to Serve

There are basic assumptions about vampires. There is the classic version of a vampire set forth by Dracula. Blood sucking, evil, can't go out in sunlight, turn into bats, live forever ect. And then there's Stephanie Myers version. They drink animal's blood, 'good' vampires, no bats, impossibly beautiful, sparkle, ect. Well, this storybook is going to give vampires a new image.

This SB is going to focus on a very elite volleyball team called the Cobras. They play in Montana for a private club. The team is invite only, and almost impossible to get into. Unless you're a vampire. All the other human teams know is that this team is good, really good. They all just think it's a extremely elite team with amazing players. Well, they are wrong. It is a team solely made up of vampire girls ages that appear to be 14-16. The coach is a vampire as well, and is going to make sure his team wins every championship.

The basic traits of the girls fall outside the normal vampire persona. They do drink blood, and can survive on that only, but are able to eat human food. Their body just doesn't register it, and can't break it down to be used. they do not turn into bats, and laugh at the idea. Sunlight is fine, in moderation. They are just like any other normal teenager as far as personality, so aren't necessarily 'good' or 'evil'. Their looks are slightly above average, but it's not hugely obvious. And if you drove a stake through any-one's heart it would kill them, why point that out for vampires? They have a raised agility and strength level, but just that of an Olympic gymnast. They live to be about 300, and age slowly.

This team is competing to win the International Volleyball Competition (IVC), and the stakes are high.

Name:

Age (real):( 60-160)

Age (fake): (15-17)

Position: (setter, server, middle back, ect.)

Picture:

Personality:

Likes/Dislikes:

History:

Theme:

Other:
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm
MayApple says...

Name: Claire Jacobs

Age (real): 67

Age (fake): 15

Position: Lebrero.

A Lebrero is the person that switches in for the middle hitter when they rotate into the back row. This person is responsible for defending the entire back line (deep court) and generally is the smallest person on the team and one of the best passers.

Picture: She is short, only 5'3'', and has a sweet looking face.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Though her face makes her look more like she should be a home petting a bunny than playing a high intensity game, she is actually really tough. She is fierce and determined on court, and won't give up. She is the first to go for a ball, and tends to get in a lot of fights with the referee. She likes to argue, and has a tough girl attitude, despite her tiny size. She is quite strong, and has amazing aim.

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes- getting into/winning fights, showing off, proving herself, dogs
Dislikes- bats, the vampire stereotype, people making fun of her, being called shorty

History: She was born in Montana, and raised there. She was turned when she was 12, and therefore never had time to fully mature. She grew very slowly from there, and her pretending to be 15 is pushing it a bit. Both her parents died a while ago, and she lives with two other vampires she calls her 'uncle and aunt'. She met them a while back, and they became friends. they agreed to pose as her family so she could go to school and the like. then they decided to 'home school' her so she didn't have to appear in school every day. People talk about her a lot in her school because she plays for her school team and is on the Varsity team, although she is a Freshman. The tall girls are mad because she is so good. She doesn't have many friends because of that. When she was invited on the team, she was excited because she finally hopes she might fit in.

Theme: Backstabber by Ke$ha

Other: She plays electric guitar and sings in a band. they preform in teen clubs. Her band is the Demon Key.

Reviews: 1
Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm
Fox says...

I'm doing this on a computer at Office Max!!! :D :wink:

Name: Isabelle

Age (real): 71

Age (fake): 17

Position: She can play anywhere, but liked middle the best.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: very conflicting and and confusing. She can be very bubbly and open, yet also mysterious and quiet. She is a bit bipolar but sweet, yet tough. She is very brave and never gives up. She has a bit of a bad temper, and isn't very patient, but she's really kind and caring. Never doubt her!

Like: animals, flowers, her friends, taking risks, volleyball, and a lot of other things depending on her mood.

Dislikes: mean people, limitations, tings that are too confusing, things that are too simple, and a lot of other things depending on her mood. :D

History: One moment. :?

Theme: Skye Sweetnam Just The Way I Am

Other: She's not as weird as she might seem to be.

This used to be really detailed and stuff, but now I'm just going to make it simple. Sorry. I have to go. I'll finish it later.
Last edited by Fox on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:56 pm
fictionfanatic says...

NOTE: You forgot to mention Anne Rice's vampires.

I will be joining but will post my profile later if that's alright.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:10 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

*Can I make two?*

Name: Mary Louise (Both of those are her first name, and she does use both.)

Age (real):( 60-160) 159

Age (fake): (15-17) 15

Position: (setter, server, middle back, ect.) Middle Hitter

Picture:
Spoiler! :
That but this is what her hair looks like...

Personality: Mary Louise, while quite proper, can be a very evil girl. She always wants to have things her way and she'll do anything to make it that way. She will throw a tantrum if she doesn't get her way or if someone angers her. Either that or she'll plot against you. And maybe even both. (This is okay right? Because I actually know someone like this.)

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Getting her way, playing volleyball, freaking people out, drinking blood, her sister.
Dislikes-Human food, not getting her way, and being controled to much.

History: Mary Louise had just turned 15 a few days before she was changed in 1851. She's from the Victorian Era so she was raised like a lady, but after time passed she forgot half of what she was taught as a mortal. After a month of being a vampire Mary Louise changed her twin sister.

Theme: I have to think on this one...

Other: Chastity is the only one who can calm her down during her tantrums.

Name: Chastity

Age (real):( 60-160) 159

Age (fake): (15-17) 15

Position: (setter, server, middle back, ect.) Outside Hitter

Picture:
Spoiler! :
Her hair is like this though...

Personality: Chastity is a calm, sweet girl. She always remembers what her parents taught her about being a lady, and she follows it the best she can.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Volleyball, her sister, drinking blood, watching the world change.
Dislikes-Drinking blood, never aging/dying, her sister's tantrums.

History: Chastity had just turned fifteen a few days before her sister went missing. Her family thought she was dead. A month later she reappeared and transformed Chastity. They've never been seperated since.

Theme: I have to think on this one...

Other: She's the only one who can calm down Mary Louise during her tantrums.
Live, Love, Laugh

Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:17 pm
Fox says...

UGH! I finished my profile, but before I could post it, someone closed it! :x :evil: :smt019 :smt011
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

84 Reviews

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 pm
fictionfanatic says...

So we have four people, how many more do we need in order to start this?
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:36 pm
MyStoryline says...

Name: Rosemary

Age (real):( 60-160) 60

Age (fake): (15-17) 17

Position: (setter, server, middle back, ect.) Middle Blocker

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Rosemary is really competitive because she used to have three older brothers. She will do anything to win. But when she's not competing, she's an outgoing, fun, happy girl. She loves to have a laugh. Rosemary is okay with whatever life throws at her.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-Volleyball, compitition, winning, drinking blood (she usually drinks a lot of it), she's completely okay with killing, and she likes to just have fun!
Dislikes-Loosing, sucky compitition, not drinking for more than three days (she outright refuses to go longer than that without blood), all the technology the world keeps coming up with.

History: Rosemary is from the 1950s. She was changed at age 18, but passes by with 17. She had three older brothers so there was a lot of compitition. Rosemary's father used to take her brothers hunting and after much begging he finally took her too, so killing things now doesn't even phase her.

Theme: Hmmmmmm...I'll think about this one

Other: When she feeds she usually eats two or three people.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:34 am
MayApple says...

We need at least six girls.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:41 am
MayApple says...

No one is going to play the Coach, but I wanted to let everyone know what he looks like, his personality ect.

Name: Coach Larson

Age (real):178

Age (fake): 29

Picture: Ignore the writing, I really wanted this pic.

Spoiler! :

Personality: He's tough, and pushes the girls to their full limits. He expects the best, and won't let anything stand in the way of the Cobras winning the IVC. He gets very competitive, and yells a lot.
Last edited by MayApple on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 am
MayApple says...

The uniform:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

The volleyballs:

Spoiler! :

Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:57 am
View Likes
Fox says...

Can we start this soon???
Last edited by Fox on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:35 am
MayApple says...

We need six players.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 am
Fox says...

So just one more person?! ((That wasn't exactly a question. I was sorta just stating.))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

84 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:24 am
fictionfanatic says...

Can't someone make a second character or something!?!?
Live, Love, Laugh

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford