z

Young Writers Society

World of Warcraft, but real.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:37 pm
TalaPaulwic says...

What is World of Warcraft?

World of Warcraft is a widely popular video game for the computer. It evolved from the turned based strategy game, Warcraft. World of Warcraft (or WoW for short) lets you play any of ten races. Each race has their own lands, and can be specific classes. You adventure through Azeroth until you reach the maximum level, then either you start a new character, or you raid for the rest of your life and let the game own your soul.

If you’ve got a story book about World of Warcraft, then what’s the plot?

The plot you ask? Well. Simply imagine yourself sitting in a dark room all by your lonesome, the computer is flashing bright colors in front of you. You’re happily involved in the World of Warcraft. Too much so to notice that each flash of light was slowly getting brighter. Finally it burst. It knocked you backwards in your chair. The basement floor (of your mother) was hard, cold, and frankly didn’t feel good to fall on.

You couldn’t let a little explosion stop you from playing, you were in the middle of your raid/quest/normal dungeon! It greets you only with a small window.
Spoiler! :
”World of Warcraft has crashed permanently, resistance is futile.”

Great. Now you have no world of Warcraft, and your head hurts. You wander up the stairs and into the bathroom. There is a mirror. You want to check for blood. No blood. What you see makes your jaw drop. You’ve been turned into your favorite character. Your clothes are the same as normal, but depending on what you turned into they might be ripped, or baggy.

In a panic you run downstairs and check online. YWS has some other World of Warcraft players. Maybe they had the same problem. Sure enough there is a forum by TalaPaulwic;
Spoiler! :
”Frankly I would like to know what happened. One minute I’m my short girly self, and the next I’m a seven foot troll, I want to dance, and none of my clothes fit correctly. I feel like a hooker. Not to mention I just killed my mother with the Death Knight powers that my troll had in the game! Anyone else suffering from this?”

There are a few other comments that are admitting to it. Then there’s a post from someone named Gsppcrocks10.
Spoiler! :
”I think in light of this situation we should do the only logical thing. I’ll get Tala to rent out the space needle, meet us there and we’ll figure out what happened and how to fix it.”

Other people agree in the comments, and you nod your head. Sure they won’t know that, but you know.

And that’s where this starts. The wonderful meeting at the space needle, then where shall it go? Who knows! I don’t think this through past this point.

Wasn’t there already a World of Warcraft story book, and didn’t it die?

Yes, what does that have to do with this? NOTHING!

As wonderful overlord of the forum I have some rules.

1.) I want a minimum of 250 words per post. I know, it’s a lot. I’ve seen many good forums die because the posts are hardly anything. The ones with larger posts tend to last a bit longer...hopefully.

2.) Lets try to have good grammar and spelling in your posts. That means periods, capital letters. Run your posts through a spell check and correct any errors please. It’s just annoying when you read someones post and get a headache.

3.) On controlling other peoples characters, that’s fine. Just don’t be doing something drastic, or something that’ll screw them over in the end. That’s no fun. Make sure anything you do with them is what they would actually do, not what you would like them to do.

4.) No being the kind of person that “everyone likes” or “everyone follows”. That’s just stupid. You’re playing YOU!

5.) You have the powers of your character, now don’t go using this to boss everyone around. The idea is that people are freaked out about this.

6.) YWS rules?

7.) This is a HUMOROUS story book, don’t take it seriously, have fun, and be funny! :D

Oh mighty overlord, we don’t have any profiles.

Alrighty then. Profiles.... Now I have to think of how to put the profiles together. It’s times like this I had a magic djinn.

Name: (You can put your real first name, or your YWS user name, in addition put your character name that you were turned into here.)

Race: (You know the races, don’t make me explain.)

Appearance: (Please no anime, if it’s all you can find then okay, but please try to find something else. You can also describe, you’re writers.)

Powers: (Lets just keep it to a minimum of four just to keep things logical.)

Personality: (This is your personality.)

Class:

Other:

All mighty source of all evil, where’s your profile?

Name: TalaPaulwic, Dkler.

Race: Troll.

Appearance: Pale blue skin. Her eyes are glowing blue, and her cheeks have creepy shadows. Her tusks go out in front of her face and curve outwards slightly. She’s very proud of these. Like all trolls she has two fingers and a thumb as well as two toes and a back toe thing. Her hair is pure white, it sticks up on her head and has several braids in it. Full, completely awesome, pirate gear.

Powers: Death Grip, Death Coil, Dancing Rune Weapon, Berserk.

Personality: She’s normally pretty hyper. She can be nice, but it’s rare. Quick to anger. Right now she’s a tad bit pissed off that she didn’t turn into a troll on her terms.

Class: Death Knight.

Other: Up for love, but she’s gay.
Last edited by TalaPaulwic on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:22 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Name: Morgan, otherwise known as Gsppcrocks10, Crocks, ect. WoW name is Alymaria

Race: Blood Elf

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
Alymaria1.JPG
Yes, I snatched the pic from the Armory, what's it to ya?
Alymaria1.JPG (31.48 KiB) Viewed 297 times

Powers: Arcane Torrent, Hunter's Mark, Explosive Shot, and Bestial Wrath/The Beast Within (if Hunters don't get their pets I'll change that).

Personality: Happy disposition, inquisitive, sometimes short-tempered, bossy on occasion, easily amused, constantly tired.

Class: Hunter

Other: Up for love, if you can get past Tala. Laugh has been described as the sound of a banshee on crack, so cover your ears if I start up. Has a Green Core Hound named Kitty for a pet. (Again, if this isn't allowed I'll change it).

Spoiler! :
GreenCorehound.png
Big huge pet. xD
GreenCorehound.png (140.33 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:39 pm
Chupatoasta says...

**OMG!! What realm do you guys play in? hah(:**

Name: Cori, Chupatoasta, Scaven

Race: Night elf (yes alliance -.- Blame my dad you horde createns lol(:

Appearance:

Powers:

Personality:

Class:

Other: Prefers a saber over a deathcharger... bi-smexual,

*I'll finish laterr*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

100 Reviews

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

**Bladefist! You?**

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:35 am
Chupatoasta says...

Bladefist, aand Dawnbringer xD Mostly Dawnbringer though
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:44 am
Knurla says...

Name: Pippy (nickname and how I was known on WoW)

Race: Night elf

Appearance: This is an actual picture from WoW back when I played...and when I was at about level 10.
Spoiler! :
l_4a1fc84c4e9e4da98db791a6af8e7833.jpg
l_4a1fc84c4e9e4da98db791a6af8e7833.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Long purple hair, glowing green eyes, and tattoos on her face shaped like claw marks

Powers: Healing, Curse (damage over time), Bubble shield, Smite

Personality: Fun, sweet, sometimes sarcastic, and LOVES to dance, because you know that the Elves do it best. ;)

Class: Priestess

Other:
Formerly known as AmberAngst

30 Reviews

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:33 am
TalaPaulwic says...

I say that tomorrow we shall start it. Unless anyone objects?
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

30 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:20 am
TalaPaulwic says...

Go ahead and post, I'll post in a second.

30 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 am
TalaPaulwic says...

TalaPaulwic, Skyeler, or Dkler.

She paced around in a fuss. Her feet stomped. It wasn't intentional in the slightest. Figuring out where her arms and feet went was always a challenge for her, and now she was two feet taller then she normally was. However on her way to the Space Needle she had visited a girl she called seven feet tall, it turns out that she was only six. Towering over her made Skyeler incredibly happy.

"Where are they?!" Her question was directed at Morgan who had actually gotten shorter. Maybe that was in a relative sense. Right now Skyeler couldn't think straight.

"Come on, it's only five 'o' two." Her voice was shrill, almost...whiny.

"Do you know how many favors with the mafia I had to call in to get the money to rent this place?! I've only got an hour!" Skyeler screamed at her. "And what are you going about like that for?! Showing off your pet? I may have nearly killed Taylor with my size, but that doesn't mean you should go being crazy with your pet. You could kill someone!"

"Isn't that statement a tad bit hypocritical?" Morgan raised a brow.

"I'm Skyeler, source of all evil, nothing I say or do is hypocritical."

Morgan looked like she was going to reply but didn't say anything. Skyeler smirked. A sword appeared next to them. It was glowing red. Skyeler started to do a little dance, the sword did as well. Morgan chuckled. Skyeler had told her that if she had laughed then it would be a slow, and painful death for her and anyone else in the room.

"Five minutes! Do they think I'm made of money?!"

"Why don't you just summon up the money, it's not like it'd be that hard being the source of all evil and all...."

"Shaddup!"

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:19 am
irishfire says...

Name: Irish

Race: Night Elf

Appearence: White skin, bright green hair and bright green markings on my face.

Powers: I'ma hunter. I'll shoot you in the face.

Personality: Spunkeh and random. That's all you really need to know, lol.

Class: Hunter.

Other: No sharks.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

150 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:24 am
irishfire says...

Irish

Irish jogged up the stairs of the Space Needle. She was freaking out. Her short red-gold hair had become long and alarmingly bright green. She had grown several inches which, she had to admit, hurt like hell when it happened. It was like puberty all at once. And her pale skin had become even paler and was now decorated in bright green markings that resembled her hair. Ehh, it wasn't as bad as her sister who now had white hair and pink tattoos on her face. She giggled remembering her face. She shook her head. No, this was freaky. But she was hoping that seeing other people like this would maybe help.

Next to her, her white ape ran beside her. Suddenly he stopped. Irish stopped running and looked at him.

He was scratching his butt...again...

Irish groaned loudly. "Bochopo, we don't have time for this!" He seemed to accept this and ran and itched at the same time. She rolled her eyes. It he wasn’t such a good pet, she would’ve gotten rid of him a long time ago…that and she couldn’t get enough of his name. She continued running and every once in a while, she would jump into the air and do a flip the entire world spinning for a split second until she landed perfectly on her feet...She couldn't help it. It was just so fun!

She burst into the room. "Konaria in the house!" She walked into the room seeing a troll. She looked her up and down. “Skye?”
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

100 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:44 am
View Likes
gsppcrocks10 says...

Morgan, Gsppcrocks10, or Alymaria.

Morgan groaned. She hated being so much shorter than Skyeler. It made her realize that if Skyeler decided to tackle her, it could actually hurt. A lot, considering she was covered in platemail. Next to her, an enormous Core Hound stood there, green drool slobbering from its mouth. She loved her Core Hound. So much that she’d spent 1,000 gold on getting a second spec just so she could use it. She scratched it behind the ear. “Who’s a good Core Hound? You’re a good Core Hound, yes you are!”

Skyeler rolled her eyes, and Morgan scowled at her. “It’s the only way I can keep him from eating me, okay? He still hasn’t forgiven me from naming him Kitty.”

Skyeler burst out laughing, and was soon on the floor in tears. Morgan scowled, watching her.

“Done yet?”

“No, one second.” She laughed for two more seconds before getting up. “Alright, NOW I’m done.”

“Thank you,” Morgan said with a roll of her eyes. She walked over to the window and peered out.

Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, the Core Hound’s feet stated as it followed her over. Morgan sighed. It was fun in-game, but in real life, that was going to get really annoying, really fast.

Then the door burst open. A female night elf, followed by a white ape, dashed in. "Konaria in the house!" she screamed. Then she looked Skyeler up and down. “… Skye?”

Morgan scowled and crossed her arms, pouting. “Wow Irish, thanks a lot for noticing me.”

30 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:54 am
TalaPaulwic says...

Skyeler, Source of All Evil, TalaPaulwic, You, It, or Dkler.

A deafening scream escaped her lips. Her voice was deeper so it wasn't as shrill as she hoped.

"Morgan! It's an Ally!" Skyeler produced a steak from seemingly no where. She tossed it towards Irish. "Die ally scum!" Morgan's 'Kitty' chased after the steak. It made Skyeler wish she had better aim. The steak didn't go anywhere near Irish. It just fell on the floor next to Morgan.

"Why do you hate the Alliance so much Skye?"

"Because they're girly!"

"I am a girl." This remark left Skyeler in silence.

"Yeah?! I see how it's going to be... Irish?"

The elf nodded. She seemed surprised that it took Skyeler so long to notice. The truth of the matter was that Skyeler was debating if she liked her deep voice or not. Then an idea struck her.

"I wanna be your lover baby, I wanna be your man. I wanna be your lover baby, I wanna be your man. Love you like no other baby, like no other can. Love you like no other baby, like no other can."

A grin formed on her face. Morgan was groaning. Skyeler singing Beatles was a common thing, and frankly it was getting quite annoying.

"Morgan!"

"What?"

"My voice is deep enough that I can hit that note!"

"So?"

"All my Ringo songs that I don't sing I can sing now!"

Irish raised a brow. "Have I missed something?"

"You're Alliance scum and therefore you don't get to talk," Skyeler and Morgan both said in union.

150 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:05 am
irishfire says...

Irish

Irish frowned. “I have Horde characters too, you know. And I don’t give a crap about killing Horde. It’s when they kill me that I get annoyed.” Which, she had to be honest, she was, at the moment, annoyed.

Skye waved a hand. “Like it makes a difference.” Irish’s glowing eye twitched.

Irish pursed her lips in thought. “Well, I am sorry that it decided to make me my Ally character instead of my Blood elf.” Gspy’s face lit up a little bit.

She snorted. “Like that’s any better. TROLLS RULE!”

Irish sighed. She saw that coming.

In truth, she was glad she hadn’t become her Blood Elf. If she had, her dad would’ve beaten her within an inch of her life without even bothering to figure out why there was even a Blood Elf in his house. Or how it was possible. He hated them with a fiery passion and would take his chance to prove it any chance he got.

She sighed and pet Bochopo who looked a little glum. She seriously hoped him and Kitty wouldn’t get into a fight… Bochopo would probably pause to itch his butt and get killed and then where would she be? Using up Mana to rez the poor thing. That’s where. She reached into her pack and tossed him a peach. These peaches were fantastic for health but nooo she had to give them to her itchy-ass ape because he couldn’t eat a stupid apple…

Looking to Skye who had begun to break dance, she pursed her lips again. “So what do you guys think happened?”

30 Reviews

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:08 pm
RayneChild says...

Hey, I started that SB that died xD Lol this sounds funny.

Name: Rayne, Aria

Race: Blood Elf

Appearance: Long, straight, light blonde hair and light colored skin

Powers: She can shoot lol

Personality: She's fun and very easily amused. However, she has a very short temper and is annoyed by a lot of things. She speaks sarcasm as a second language and can be very, very random

Class: Hunter

Other: None
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind