z

Young Writers Society

The space/time bar and grill

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I must say, I was pretty fascinated by the Maddox fellow. Grant had told me that he was dropped on his head, and by God it was probably true, but that also made him fun to watch. First, he would ramble to himself for a few minutes about a chair, then various attempts at making my name funny without changing any of the letters (he was pretty successful, actually) then he would just lay his head on the table and try his best to not be seen. I found myself not wanting to look away, and that was when Lyn chimed in through my radio.

"Found anything yet?" She asked.

"Not yet." I said, "Still working on it."

"Do you need my help?"

"Who the hell do you think I am? I can handle myself thank you."

"I know exactly who you are, and I also know that the last time you were in a bar, you managed to make enemies with a galactic bounty hunter."

I chuckled, "Yeah, that was a good time."

"Do you know what I am getting at?"

"Yes, and I'll have you know that I haven't started any fights yet."

"Yet!?" Lyn shrieked. I just knew everybody in the bar heard that. Great.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:53 am
GrantBlayfur says...

Bah-dum diggity dum, de-dum da-dum dum DUM! Maddox was almost completely muffed by his fur as he sang a random drum solo.

This place is getting too crowded. And everyone keeps staring at us, Maddox. Do you know why?

I have some possibe answers, but mom said that if I said anything like what I'm thinking aloud it would make Jesus cry.

It's because their humans, Maddox. Well, at least mostly human. I don't know about some of them. But being a fur, here, makes us unique, more easily noticied...so don't do anything to draw trouble to us, alright?

Maddox glared at Grant as he slumped backwards in his seat. Don't worry, bro...I won't...

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:30 pm
SisterItaly says...

Kayta

At this rate Katya was going to get drunk off shots in no time. She gazed around the room, when Kayta got drunk, she got wild, and Kayta gone wild was always funny to watch but dangerous to be around. She laughed, turning to the dog like people, then back to the bar keeper.
"Dogs that talk, who knew?" She giggled, swaying a bit.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Jezeline.

She rolls her eyes. Makers, as a rule, don't drink, just like any Type. For Makers, it means things popping up that can't be explained, for Movers, unexplainable movement and pulses, Elementals, total obliteration, and Shifters will set everything out of balance. But this girl certainly wasn't a Sweeper.

"Findora, try not to drink so much. I don't care to have another nuke on our hands. Last time that happened..."

Findora grinned. "I know. We lost the warehouse. But it looked pretty..." Her grin faded, replaced with a dreamy distant look. Jezeline pulled the flute glass away and pulled it from existence. Alcohol and Findora didn't go well together, especially with her advantage. Advantage to Jezeline, obviously.

She shoots the drunken girl a glare and snaps Findora to reality. They have a secret society to overtake.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:33 pm
LaurenOutLoud says...

Richard and Jason; Two Sides of a Coin

Richard and Jason walked into the bar; they got a few looks, unsurprisingly, what with looking (and being) 15 years of age and all. Jason sat at the bar and asked for a shot of vodka.
"Are you even 21?" Te bartender looks at him strangely.
"Uh, sure." The bartender rolls his eyes but starts to fill a shot glass anyways.
"You better not get as drunk as you did the last time we were at a bar." Richard looked at Jason seriously while he turned a gold pocket watch in his hand.

Cyder was messing with an orb of corrupted magic that he had made while no one was looking, and he was tempted to throw it at some one, to see the reaction. The reaction of both the ball and what ever he threw it at of course.
The whiskey is agreeable but the meat has gone bad

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

Grant shrugged. I'll be right back...

Grant stood up and walked out of the bar. A few seconds later, he walked back in. He was wearing completely different clothes, and he held himself differently. Instead of the cold, jerkish Grant that eveyone had seen so far, this Grant seemed more shy and reserved. He walked over and sat down next to Maddox.

(Space/time means I can pull out my nice-guy Grant again! Woohoo!)

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:36 pm
WrittenInStone says...

A slender young girl was twisting a fry in her thin-boned fingers, while her startling green-grey eyes looked around the bar. She placed the fry in her mouth and began to chew when she noticed the man walking into the bar, she hailed a waitress over. The silver circlet around her wrist flashing in the dim lights from the ceiling. She reached down into her pocket with her left hand, the right remaining on the table, and she grabbed a strange looking celtic coin while she turned it over and over in her fingers. "Hurry up, please!" she crowed impatiently,
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:54 pm
Skull3670 says...

Mikael Eisenstein

"Avras you lazy scumbug where are you?" I yelled into the phone. It was opening night and thanks to his appalling timing i was having to serve drinks. Me, a respectable vampire noble, with multiple Gifts. Finally he arrived. He looked much like Igor. Probably because he is one, i thought to myself. Good job i useda welder instead of a needle and tread. Wouldn't want bits of him ending up in the merchandise.
I pounced up onto the counter, drawing some odd stares and confused whispers from the assembled.
"Welcome one and all to the time/space bar and grill. I am Mikael Eisenstein. Each of you is priveledged that you have been drawn to this place on opening night. This place has taken years of my immortal life and not a small amount of gold from my pocket but i digress. Tonight i see my dream come to fruition. A meeting place for all from across galaxies and across time. As such i declare that from this moment to sixty minutes time shall hence forth be known as happy hooters hour. The drinks are half price and attractive ladies get free entry. Ladies and Gentlemen, enjoy your stay."
With that i heard a few cheers and dropeed silently from the counter to walk among the people who had gravitated hear and hear the great stories of their lives.
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

70 Reviews

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:45 pm
WrittenInStone says...

She raised her eyes as the woman walked by her table, "Mikael." she said, halting the young looking vampyre in her tracks. "You seem to be doing well on such an investement," she waited for the woman to reply but she stood there waiting to hear all that Auralia had to say. She rose from her seat and offered her hand, "Auralia Bellomore. 1839. It's nice to meet another vampyre with interests in such places." she said and dropped her hand after having shaken it with the other woman. "I'm here on orders from the higher noblemen to enforce that there are to be no weres allowed in this bar, because we do not support them. We want them to wither away and die." she said, her dark golden eyes were looking into the womans. "They say that to enforce their words, they will send by another of my noble brothers to see that it is done. If not , you die."
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

5 Reviews

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:40 pm
Skull3670 says...

*Mikael is guy!*
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

70 Reviews

Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:09 pm
WrittenInStone says...

(Sorry . -_-" please pretend that I wrote him at all the Her's, She's and so on.. X] ... )

|| Wisp. ||

5 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:46 pm
Skull3670 says...

Mikael

I looked down at her an smirked.
"You expect me to bow a knee to the Court? Really? I who survived the Fall of the High Council and the Culling!" I growled under my breath.
"I find your impertinance most disturbing," she replied calmly.
"And well you should! Were's are just as welcome here as any a creature. This place is outside of space and time and as such is not under the juristiction of of the Court!" I spat the final word at her. "Any who wish to challenge my authority in this place may face me in a duel. I hence forth throw down the gauntlet. I Mikael Eisenstein, Captian of the Iron Knights of the Sanguine and first borne of Marmee Noir will honour any duel for my command of this place. Any who will stand with me are more than welcome."

70 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:16 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Auralia Bellomore

I frowned at him, "A duel, may be exactly what is required." I respond, telling him in a voice that betrays my disapointement. "Very well, we shall duel. I am prepared." I finally decide, my satchel now seeming to weigh a ton. I stand there a moment while he smiles, "A duel it shall be." he responds, and I can tell that he wasn't expecting me to be wanting a duel against him and any followers who've been decided to join. I have a small surprise for them, but I won't use it yet. If I have to beat this man of a creature then I shall, no one has ever beaten me.

|| Wisp. ||

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:25 pm
psudiname says...

Caleb entered the bar with the intention of finding food, and revieved strange looks from everyone. a fourteen year old boy looked very out of place in a bar filled with so many tough customers. noticing a duel about to break out, Caleb walk over to help out. "which one of you is communist and which is capitalist?" he asked, fists at the ready.
if anyone wants a review, post on my profile and I'll get to it in a couple days.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:41 am
TheAlphaBunny says...

Izzy Deitrich. From: my story not currently on this site, Century 31 Age: 18 Appearance: Red-brown hair worn cropped and shaggy, sly green-gold eyes, ever present smirk Objective: cause trouble

I originally had every intention of walking right past the dingy bar, the hour growing late and my patience growing thin.

It had been a long day, Saan (Izzy's jerk father) had been particularly obnoxious earlier, insisting I make plans with the daughter of some other paper-pusher from the lower rungs in the Council. He told me her name was Missy and that she was "so totally excited to meet me!" I declined his oh-so-generous offer to send me off on a shopping day with some idiot, slamming the front door behind me and cutting off his indignant calls to return immediately.
Screw him, I had thought, happy to be out in the open air and out of my house. Walking around town, I found the traffic and the crowds and the police officers I had come to know by name watching me like hawks if I ever had the misfortune of crossing paths with them during my innocent stroll to be too much to deal with currently. A lot of stress piling up, and Saan trying to set me up with some stranger on the pretense of getting me a female friend just tipped the scale. Before I knew it, I was outside city limits, feet and calves aching pleasantly and my blood pumping in a comfortable rhythm inside my veins. A grove of trees came into view, a road winding into the trees. Intrigued, I continued down the winding road, into the woods, the overcast sky shedding even less convincing sunlight down through the thick canopy of branches.

And then there it was, as if drawn from thin air: a bar, set smack on the edge of the road and surrounded by trees. Cocking an eyebrow at the strange sight, I paused in the middle of the road, looked left, right, left again, wondering where the hell I had ended up. As I said before, I intended to just go on my way, have a nice and peaceful walk, then go get wasted with some friends later. Yeah, that was a good plan. But then, from inside the bar I heard a lot of voices and noise. Well, correction, angry voices and noise. From the warped sounds coming from the cracked open front door, it sounded like there were a lot of people in there on the verge of a fight.

Awesome, I thought with a grin pulling at my lips. Without a second thought, I strolled in, patting my thigh pocket and the switchblade therein in anticipation...
"I can have oodles of charm when I want to." --Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart