z

Young Writers Society

The Marked Ones

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Plot: It's modern U.S., and everything is as it always has been. What goes up must come down, inanimate objects have to be touched to be moved, the elements cannot be controlled, so on and so forth.

But maybe it isn't.

It's rumored among the conspiracy theorists that there are ten teens who were "marked" at birth with a tattoo on the back of their necks, a dark 'x'. These "marked" ones were gifted with power, the likes of which the human eye has never seen. They were kept in separate institutes, where they were raised and shown their powers. But these institutes were harsh and demanding of the Marked, and they escaped as soon as they could. Some returned to their families, others, who didn't know who theirs were, starting living a tough life.

Now, whatever they chose, they're on the run from the government and the few people who know about them and want to use them. How they meet is up to you entirely, as long as they form a group.

Rules: Regular YWS rules.
No god modding.
No cussing, please. You can imply, though.
No overly gory violence.

Character Slots:

Girls

Marked: Kylie- ninjacookiemonster
Marked: Carley- allmixedup
Marked: Nova- jasminebells
Marked: Lolli- Dreamy115
Marked: Kerli Koiv- forsakinshadow

Boys
Marked: Tate- chupatoasta
Marked: DJ Tyler- Fox
Marked: Jaxton Parks- Isha
Marked: Setji Orphelius- Light_Devil!
Marked:

Character Template
Name:

Personality:

Power:

History:

Skills:

Flaws:

Dislikes:

Up for love?:

Other:

My Profile

Name: Kylie

Appearance (description and/or picture, no anime): Kylie has big blue eyes, pale pink lips, and long black hair with streaks of bright colors. She's thin and of average height. She typically wears black jeans, a black t-shirt, and her trusty turquoise Converse. Like the others, she has the tattoo on her neck. She has a pale scar running about three inches down her left side where she got cut in a fight.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Kylie is tough and resilient, and an excellent liar. She will do anything to provide for those she loves, or protect them. She's smart and quick thinking, and doesn't hesitate to say what she thinks. When she's mad, you had best stay away, or she'll beat you unconscious. She has violent tendencies and stealing is second nature for her.

Power: She can manipulate sound, creating sonic booms and sound waves. She can also use this skill to change her voice and throw sounds to different places.

History: She broke out of the Institute when she was ten and has been on the move constantly since. She learned how to fight from gangs that took her in, and how to pickpocket by herself. She lives off the city streets, and is quite good at it. She has no idea who her parents are, and doesn't want to. If they gave her away, she doesn't want to go back to them. She's always lead her life alone, and it's a big jump from being alone to in a group.

Skills: Great fighter, stealthy, caring, fast runner. Is known for helping others out when they need it most.

Flaws: Useless with most weapons, including guns and some blades; zones out quickly. Her boldness can start fights easily. Loses control of her powers and herself sometimes, and doesn't know why.

Likes: Music, nighttime in the city, action, fighting, running.

Dislikes: Silence, heat, being helpless, being afraid, standing still for long periods.

Up for love?: Oh, definitely.

Other: She always, always, always has her iPod in; it helps her focus.

If you want an additional character, or one that isn't a Marked One, PM me.
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 16 times in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:08 pm
SisterItaly says...

call a girl spot!
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:40 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Carley

Personality: She is lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who would constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. she is also kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out

Apperance:
Spoiler! :

Power: Duplication, she can create more then one of herself, but she cant control them... all she can do is create and destroy them.

History: She was sent to an institution when she was six, because she couldn't control herself and made a dozen copies of herself. They taught her to control it... but they always wanted more... make a dozen more clones, learn to control them, learn to copy others. There were some things she just couldn't do! So she broke out and ran away, she's never lonely, she just creates more of herself to keep her company.

Skills: She is slowly learning to create others, she is very fast and very caring.

Flaws: She isn't very strong, is easily persuaded, gets upset easily

Likes: People, freedom, bright colors, animals, friendship

Dislikes: fighting, being trapped, being alone (not like she ever is), animal cruelty

Up for love?: oh most definatly!

Other:
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:00 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Tate Listing

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Tate is pretty gruff. He puts off this I'm-not-gonna-talk-to-you aura when he's around people he doesn't know. He's got a pretty good balance between being a lover and a fighter. Because of this, he'd protect his love ones no matter the cost, even something as high as his life.

Power: Ability to control the elements

History: Tate's father was one of the head honchos at the facility. After realizing his son possessed a power like the select others, he sweet talked his son into becoming one of the youngest to be marked, at just age five. When he was eleven, Tate began to figure it all out, and ran from home. His mother was devastated, and his father was enraged, so never once did Tate try to come home, no matter how homesick he got now and again. He's lived on his own for the passed six, almost seven years, and is perfectly fine with it.

Skills: His power, obviously. He can do just about anything with it. He has awful accuracy though, and has to still with melee fighting rather than long-range.

Flaws: Blind in his right eye, so it throws his accuracy off horribly. He's also too trusting at times, and that gets the best of him many times.

Likes: Girls, the forest, fire, storms, water, anything to do with the elements, horoscopes, card games, playing the guitar that he always seems to have strapped to his back.

Dislikes: The x on his neck, petty people, animal-killers

Up for love?: Yeaah

Other: Has a pet fox named Vipe
Last edited by Chupatoasta on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 pm
Jas says...

Aw no more girls? Darn. I can't write boy POV :( If you could have another girl, I'll join.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

336 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:02 am
Jas says...

Chup said that she's write from a guy's POV, so here's my profile. :)

Name: Nova

Personality: She is a sarcastic, but funny girl. Obviously, she's traumatized from her life (see below) so she sometimes gets into fits and does nothing but scream. . She is smart but doesn't care about learning or anything of the such. Isn't very logical in a situation and has a big mouth. She will attract attention, especially if she's in one of her screaming fits.

Power: She can steal energy from other things/people. With this energy, she can re-energize herself or others. She can also "steal" pain from others and at the same time give pain to others. She was learning to "steal" emotions when she was freed from the University. She can only take very basic emotions, happiness, sadness and anger. All this gives her immense headaches, like none you've ever seen. These headaches give her back her memories and they suck; they are basically the reasons for her screaming fits.

History: She was raised in the University and someone named Tomas Richardson freed her when she was 13. That is all she knows. She doesn't know this, but when she was freed, she fell, broke her arm and had a concussion. This incident, in turn, gave her a weak right arm as it was never treated properly but was only cast in a very rushed manner and her memory was wiped. After she uses her powers for a long period, she loses it and becomes lost within her own mind, screaming on the outside, while memories of her life and the pain she got was forced into her mind. She only vaguely remembers these memories though, which is how she knows about Tomas Richardson and being raised in the University

Skills: Pretty much all told in powers. She cannot fight well at all and her right arm is basically unusable, but she can steal energy, anger and if someone near her is in pain (other than herself) she can and will give the pain to her opponent. If nothing else works, she will knock her opponent unconscious, regardless of the fact, she will become unconscious too.

Flaws: Other than the fact that she has screaming fits of insanity anytime after she uses her powers, personality-wise she's fine. Not too bold, not too shy. She has a temper, but it's not a big deal, everyone has a temper. Sometimes, in the middle of fights, she will randomly pass out which isn't good. :)

Likes: Peace, good people, not being hungry, money (but not in the greedy way, money so that she can buy things such as food).

Dislikes: Government agents, using her powers, the X on the back of her neck

Up for love?: Definitely. :)

This storybook is gonna rock! We have to be very dedicated though. I'm sure this will go far xD

Other:
I am nothing

~*~

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:28 am
View Likes
Fox says...

This is a really cool idea.

Name: DJ Tyler

Personality: DJ is very tough but also kind. His a little bad tempered and stubborn. He's really strong and smart and very strategic. He can seem mysterious, but he's really fun-loving and energetic. He takes things very seriously, and never gives up. DJ is always good at making people laugh and understands people. He always has a smart-alack remark.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Power: He has extreme strength

History: After running from the institute, he knew he couldn't go back to his family. His parents thought he was dangerous, so he lived in an old abandoned house. He taught himself Kung-Fu and all sorts of other Martial Arts things

Skills: He's very talented in Martial Arts and is very strategic. He knows ways to find things out, and is very good with computers. He's really good in hand-to-hand combat.

Flaws: DJ is clumsy not very stealthy. He's not good at blending in with the crowd. He can get upset with himself and others quickly.

Likes: Nighttime, Intense fights, Snakes, and the rain and snow.

Dislikes: Hot days, Silence, and heights

Up for love?: OH YA!!!

Other: n/a
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:57 am
Light_Devil! says...

Name: Setji Orphelius* (*Chosen last name)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Generally, Setji is a calm, almost cold guy. However, he can sometimes lose his head in anger, but that's only when he gets really pissed off. Some people call him "practical", others "selfish", because he does everything and anything in life which will advantage him. He has a graceful way of speaking which somehow always carefully and subtly conveys horrid insults. He will sometimes had a lapse in his normal character and revert back to his old self, but only momentarily.

History: Setji claims he has no family. The truth is his family is the Japanese equivalent of the American Mafia. He has grown up with assassination, prostitution, thievery and all kinds of illegal activities. When he was young he abhorred his family and always tried to run away. When he ran away he was captured by the University. He only stayed for a while because of his family connections which kidnapped him back. Setji still hated his family as well and by the age of 15 he managed to escape his family, by killing his guard and taking on a different last name, leaving Japan forever. But it was too late. When he made it to a safe place he realised what he had done. He had already become what he hated most. Cold, calculating, uncaring. He had killed someone and not even had a second thought about it. He felt so horrible, his own guilt swallowed his view on life. He convinced himself he was a murderer. He "accepted" his fate, but he wouldn't humiliate himself by returning to his family. So, he stayed away.

Power: Super speed, which in fact is just his ability to move his molecules at an accelerated rate. It is also because of this super molecule speed he heals faster in his speed state. The flaw with this power is that it has the tendancy to trap him in the state and if he stays in the state too long he begins to age.

Strengths: Was taught a very passive aggressive form of martial arts. It looks like a form of dance, but the blows are aimed at vital areas of the body and can kill.

Vices: Very mentally unstable, beware.

Dislikes: Nothing you need to know, until you know him. :)

Up for love: *Giggles* Sure.
Last edited by Light_Devil! on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

336 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:02 pm
Jas says...

Yay. I'm so excited for this to start :)
I am nothing

~*~

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Okay. Announcement. I would REALLY appreciate it if y'all actually made your profiles. Soon as we have three girl and three guy characters at the ready, we'll start. Which we cannot until you MAKE YOUR PROFILES. If you already have, you're excepted from this request/order.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:26 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Bear with me ninja, please ! :D I'm on my way to a wedding but as soon as I get home, I'll finish Tate's profile!
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Can do, Chupa.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:01 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Name: Lye " Lolli " or "Lollipop" Manila

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Lolli's a bipolar. One second she'll be bubbly and cheerful, and the next she'll be trying to kill you. Literally. No matter what her mood, she's all about.. doing what she wants, when she wants it. If she feels like robbing a pet shop, you better bet she'll do it. If she wants to knit a skirt, she'll be stealing knitting needles from an old woman and knitting away in no time flat. Sometimes her cravings are a bit more dangerous, but they pretty much always get her in trouble.

Power: Lolli can get people to do whatever she wants, even if it's not possible. if she wants someone to grow wings, wings will sprout out of their back. If she wants them to give her a cracker, they'll hand her one, even if there're no crackers to be found for miles. The things she makes happen only last as long as she's using her power, though. Once she gets tired out and stops, everything that was previously happening will dissapear,if it wasn't real previously and nobody except her will remember what happened. Once in a while the things she gets others to create won't dissapear, but that only happens with small objects once in a blue moon.

History: Lolli grew up in an orphanage, dropped on the steps when she was a baby. She burned it down when she was seven, and moved in with a street gang. They never questioned it, because.. well, Lolli made sure of that. The name she is registered under from the orphanage is Lye Manila. They were rather eccentric namers there. Now, she goes by Lolli or Lollipop, and you better run for your life if you call her anything else. She split up from the gang when she was twelve, figuring she had better things to do. She's pretty much just wandered around, drunk or high on something, doing whatever she wants, since then.

Skills: Lolli really isn't good at anything- but she can make other people be good at things for her. She's very street smart, though, and knows her way around the dark areas of the city.

Flaws: She.. isn't good at anything, and her personality makes her... really screwed up.As she's rarely in a normal state of.. .being... she's never rational and is always endangering, and very very often hurting, herself.

Likes: Candy, the color blue, anything that's bad for her.

Dislikes: Killjoys, annoying people, goody-two-shoes... basically anyone who's not a marked one or a thug.

Up for love?: oh, sure.

Other: She's never without candy.
Last edited by ToritheMonster on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:48 pm
Fox says...

Should we start the rp with them all being in a group or have them all meet up later??? Or some of them could already be in a group and others can join in. I'm just trying to think so that we know before we start the rp.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:53 pm

I was thinking the first post would be them solo, but they all end up in the same place after a chase (or for whatever reason) and form a group.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"I never expected that I should be a queen so soon."
— Alice's Adventures in Wonderland