z

Young Writers Society

No Redemption

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:14 pm
SisterItaly says...

Clare

That was terrifying, utterly terrifying. I glanced over at Shanaela, who looked a little shaken up. Blasted dress was making it impossible to run. I looked back up to Dameon. What had happened to us? How had Davis found me? So many questions floating through my head. The most important one at the time was 'Is she OK?' I looked back over to her. Almost impossible to see her past Garret. I sighed and just had to assume she was alright for the time being. Keiko looked ecstatic. I smiled widely at her. Now. After the king and queen were safe. I had to find Davis. We had a score to settle.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:33 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Raven
I smiled happy. Naela was out the General was dead life was back to normal.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 am
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

>Doesn't move it along much, but at least I posted...*Nudges Ishy and the others*<

~Princess Shadow~

Squeezing Marroe's hand, I pulled myself closer to him, wrapping my arms around him and burring my face in his neck. I didn't want him to go, I didn't want him to get hurt. I had a feeling something was going to happen, and I knew I'd die if he got hurt.

"I don't want you to go," I whispered, beginning to cry again. I didn't care if he was going off to kill someone that would hurt me and my family, if he got killed, none of that would matter to me. I felt my heart sink as I realized that, without him, I was nothing.

But it was just two days ago that I thought he was just anther thief, ready to steal not only my jewels, but my life if I didn't do as he wanted. But hadn't been scared, I had never been scared. Not when I met him, and not before that. I always had guards to protect me. Then Marroe came in and made me learn what fear was, and now, I know that this is the only thing I could possibly fear so much. Losing Marroe.

I had been such a careless girl, but I had never done anything like I was doing with Marroe. I was in love, and I would die--my heart would die--if I lost him now. I wasn't going to let him go, I couldn't. I just stood there, sobbing with my face still against his neck.

I held me close, but all to soon, he pulled away, looking me in the eyes before kissing me again and taking a step back. My eyes were pleading, my heart was yearning, and my stomach was...flipping. I felt like I was going to throw up, and I had a feeling this wasn't from Marroe leaving. Maybe I was sick. I'd go see the doctor, but now wasn't the time I was going to think about that. I didn't want to lose the one thing that made me happy. I didn't want him to die, and I had to have faith that he'd be back.

"Promise me you'll come back," I whispered, my voice breaking. I did my best to smile, not sure if it turned out the way I thought it would, or if it was just a grinding of my teeth, trying to hold back more sobs and keep myself from falling. I could feel my hands shaking, and my legs were on the verge of giving out. "Promise?" I repeated.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:36 am
eldEr says...

MARROE

I stepped back to Shadow and took her shoulders gently. I don't think that I had ever had anybody make me promise I'd come back to them before...it had been more or less a long line of Hope you die out there. Hope the sharks eat you alive. Hope you choke on something. Hope you get captured by soldiers. Of course, this was a promise I had to make, considering the circumstances.

"I've done this kind of thing for a living, remember? I've gotten myself in and out of worse situations. I swear I will come back," I whispered. I wasn't even lieing. I had gotten myself in and out of some very heavily-guarded palaces and nobels' homes before. "And besides, what kind of man would I be if I didn't rip the flesh from any man who tried to hurt you?"

I stepped back again and darted, before I had the chance to change my mind. Those men had no idea what messing with Shadow would earn them...

If they weren't still in her room, I would have to hunt them down. If I couldn't hunt them down I would kill whatever guard came closest. Now...to find a safe way into Shadow's room and of course; a blade of some sort.

SHANAELA MARZ

I stared after Marroe, shifting my gaze to the princess after he disapeared around a corner. She really didn't seem to believe that he would come back. I, however, didn't doubt he wouldn't. Marroe was slippery like that, always managing to get out just as the blade was lifted to his throat. Irritating when you're trying to rob him of his life.

I sighed, attempting to straighten out. It would have seemed that my trembling legs didn't want me to stand on my own, and I resorted to leaning on Garrett, which I hated doing considering his leg. Nearly being hanged was doing bad things to my mind. The only thing I could think about was that gleam in Green's eye when he slipped the noose over my head.

My stomach churned. He's dead. I reminded myself sternly. Of course, I had wanted to kill him myself, but Garrett killing him to save me was...acceptable.

Raven gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze and I managed a weak smile. At the moment I was just hoping the crowd didn't come to its senses and plan attempt to maul me.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

116 Reviews

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 am
ForsakenAngel says...

>Sorry I didn't post sooner, I had my first day of school, and didn't get a chance to check anything on here.<

~Princess Shadow~

My heart felt like it was going to burst as I watched Marroe leave. I wanted to just fall down where I was, I wanted to cry my eyes out right there, in front of evryone. I didn't care what they thought, I didn't care that the crowds eyes were on me, I just felt the pain in y heart, and the weight of the crown telling me who I was and what my duties were.

We all have to get somewhere safe, and the palace wasn't the somewhere we can go, I thought. Just somewhere away from this crowd, dazed and confused--at the moment.

"We should--" I hiccuped--"get somewhere safe." Then, the tears came faster and my vision was blurred, before my legs gace out and I fell to my knees, sobbing now.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

116 Reviews

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:48 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

CHUPS! Post because Ishy wont! It CAN'T DIE!
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

12 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:33 am

Raven
I dropped on my knees beside Shadow and put an arm around her shoulders. "He'll be back we have to get moving." I urged quietly. She nodded and got on her feet her tears subsiding slightly. I closed my eyes mentally preparing myself for what I didn't know but I just decided to trust my instincts. "Let's go." I said opening my eyes. "Where?" Garrett asked. " I know a safe spot we can go to. It has medical supplies and weapons food and water among other things. We'll be safe there." I said calmly. I glanced at Naela and her eyes showed understanding I was talking about my old house we had hidden there a few times.

384 Reviews

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:33 pm
eldEr says...

Shanaela Marz

I was about to say something, but was interupted by a low growl. My head shot to my left to see none other than Shanti, leading a pack of three wolves, one of which sporting a little pick-pocket monkey on her back. I laughed, Garrett chuckled. Even Shadow smiled a bit.

I grinned and grabbed my notebok, scribbling a quick map and some instructions onto a blank page and motioning for Raven to come over. This seem about right?

She nodded quickly and I walked over to Shadow slowly, who had her face burried into her wolf's fur. Bobo was sitting on her shoulder, stroking her hair. Overall a cute picture, and I couldn't help but smile a bit. I clicked my tongue at Bobo, who turned his head and blinked at me. Folding up the map, I handed it to him.

He took it, turned it around and chattered a bit. Shadow looked up. Marro. I mouthed. Her face seemed to light up slightly. "Can you take it to Marroe?" she asked the monkey. Quite honestly, I was shocked when he seemed to give a slight nod and scamper off.

"Naela," Garrett murmered. I turned. "We've still got to find my parents."

I walked over to him, took his face in my hands and kissed his lips gently. When Marroe gets back. I mouthed.

Marroe

It didn't take me long to find my way back to Shadow's room. The guards were still unconsious by the door, they could be dead for all I knew. Or cared. I opened the door slowly and slipped inside. I blinked, trying to adjust to the dim light and narrowed my eyes at a lump on the floor.

Guard number one. I fingered the dagger I had taken from a small display in the halls and walked over, grabbing Shadow's sheets from her bed on the way. Kneeling by the guard, I forced his mouth open and shoved the sheet in as far as it would go before slapping him on the face.

He jolted up and I had to jump back to avoid getting hit in the head. "Glad to see you alive," I hissed, brining the daggar out. "Now...what to do first?"

He glared at me and jumped to his feet, earning him a hard kick to the chest. Fingers first. Then toes and tongue. Slit throat and then I would have to throw the fingers and toes on the floor in the guard's chambers. Lovely. I was grinning like an idiot.

Vengance...wonderful word.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

12 Reviews

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Raven
I wrapped my arms around Fang and buried my face in his fur. He put his head in the crook behind my shoulder. "It'll be alright, it'll be alright, it'll be alright." I chanted aloud reassuring everyone else other then myself I was terrified but I had to swallow that fear. I knew something was wrong but I didn't know what. I stood up and shook myself. I looked over at Garrett. I looked at Naela. "Can I use a spell on him?" I asked pointing at Garrett. 'To do what?" She mouthed cautious. "Help his leg hurt less." I replied calmly. "Why?" She asked still cautious. "Less chance for us to get caught." I replied still calm. She looked like she was going to argue then nodded. I closed my eyes and concentrated on Garret's leg going into a slightly meditative state everything fading. Vaguely I was aware of Garrett exclaiming "Isn't anyone going to ask me?!" And Keiko hushing him. " O Goddess of the stars, Moon and the Sun, Let the healing power begin. Let the Earth be whole again. The earth is my Mother And I am Her child. The Earth is my lover
Free and wild. Heal on the outside; Heal within, Land and sea, fire and wind. With love sincere I chant this prayer To make mankind begin to care. Let every sister and every brother Heal the wounds of the Great Earth Mother. Let the healing power begin, Let the Earth be whole again. Heal on the outside; Heal within, Land and sea, fire and wind
SO MOTE IT BE!" I said my voice ringing with authority. I felt something warm and full of power rush through me and out towards Garrett. I heard him gasp and I opened my eyes. His leg was healed and I blinked. "That was a bit more powerful then I thought." I said calmly. He stopped leaning on Naela then stood on his own. I smiled slightly. I heard Shadow gasp then run and I turned, Marroe was heading towards us his sword bloody and he looked slightly haunted but he smiled and dropped the sword and hugged Shadow and swung her around. "Yay." I said quietly feeling a small stab of pain in my heart wishing someone could do that for me someone cared about me that way. *Sorry for the longish post trying to move things along can we try and find someone for Raven?*

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:28 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Sooo guess what my friends?!! I have MONO! Ahhh!**

):

Garrett:

Garrett said a happy thanks to Raven, for his leg, and then motioned for everyone to follow him once Marroe appeared, Grey at his side once more. They all walked behind him, Shanaela at his side, and a stable hand suddenly at his other. "Flame, get me two covered wagons, each with two running horses. Then I need four more horses, strong enough to carry at least two people, maybe three if we have to push it. When you get in there send Angelo to me." Flame nodded and the redhead galloped away on his horse, mere moments later a man, clad in ivory armor galloping out.

"Yes sire?"

"I don't have time for royalties." The group was still walking away from the castle, towards the city gates, crowds making way for all of them. "I need at least ten elite guard, the most trusted of my fathers. I also need two healers, a maid, and two drivers for the wagons. Fill them with as much supplies that we'll need. Go!" The ivory knight nodded and galloped away.

"Are you all ready? Is there anything any of you need?" Garrett finally stopped once they reached the gate. All that was left to do, was wait.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

116 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:40 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Princess Shadow~

I was so excited, I couldn't believe it! Marroe was back, and I was in his arms. I lifted my face to kiss him, and I noticed his eyes were wairy, like they had seen something that I--no doubt--didn't want to see. I pulled myself closer to him, kissing the hollow on his neck like we were the only two here. My stomach was beginning to hurt, but I igored it at first, kissing Marroe's lips softly. They seemed hard, cold, and I fought back the urge to kiss him more, to make those lips soft again.

I walked beside Marroe as we fallowed Garret. He was commanding someone for something, but my mind was elsewhere. My mind was on my stomach, which had been hurting a lot in the past few hours.

My stomach lurched, and I pulled away suddenly, quickly. I hit my knees, grasping my stomach as I saw the ground getting closer to me. I could feel the sudden hands on my back, and it comforted me a bit.

What was wrong with me? I could only imagine. Maybe food poisoning? Maybe I was just getting sick? I could think of a hundred things at once, but none of them seemed to fit. So what was wrong with me?

>Aww! Poor Chuppy! Hope this is OK yall(:<
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

12 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:47 am

Raven
I saw Shadow go down and immediately my mind started to race for things that could be wrong. "What's wrong with her?!" Marroe shouted. "I don't know that's what I'm trying to figure out!" I said sharply. "Did she eat something?" I suggested hesitantly. "She's barely eaten anything." Marroe replied. I glanced at Garrett and he was frozen his face a mask of horror and concern for his little sister. I looked back at Shadow and ran my fingers through my hair a nervous habit I had yet to break but I kept doing it concentrating on the strands of hair as if they would reveal the answer still thinking. "Any injuries either of you know of? They should be recent." I said. I glanced at Marroe then Garrett their faces the same mask of concentration.

23 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:53 am
Chupatoasta says...

Garrett~

Garrett looked at his little sister, then at Marroe, then Shadow, then Marroe once again. What if Shadow was...? No, she's too young! And he doubted she and Marroe had even found the time for that. Garrett took a deep breath and squated down, rocking back and forth on his feet. Grey lapped at his face quickly. The stable hands had began to bring the horses and wagons with supplies slowly towards the gate. A hawk circled above, screeching. He'd guide the way for all of them, as it was the same one that guided his real father countless times. "Marroe!" Garrett's voice was booming, and everyone looked at him.

"Yes?" Marroe asked, looking at Garrett shortly before looking back at Shadow.

Garrett stood to his feet and took a deep breath, motioning for Marroe to walk over. They both walked a few feet away before Garrett looked the young man in the eyes, both of theirs serious. "Have you laid with my little sister in that pass, say... five days?" That's as long as it took for his cousin to find out she was... carrying... could it be the same with Shadow?
George Bernard Shaw

384 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:34 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

Marroe

I blinked, swallowing hard and glancing over my shoulder at Shadow. I had just gotten back from ripping guards apart, limb by limb. That, that was something I could do. Admit this? Yeah, but no. I just...couldn't do that. "Ummm..." was all I could manage.

Was this even any of his business? No...or maybe it was. He was her brother after all. Oh good Lord, what if he told his father? Naela's life may have been saved from the noose, but mine? Unlikely. Now, if I was a noble, there may have been a different response. But a criminal? Oh dear, I was in for it.

"Well?" Garrett prompted, voice urgent. Angry. As if he hadn't hated me enough earlier. And to think I had thought that I was just getting the man to like me. Ha.

My jaw locked, and I could feel my face colouring. Great...this was just wonderful. I cleared my throat and tried to meet Garrett's gaze. All I wanted to do was drop dead. "I... umm..." If I didn't tell him now, he'd find out later. And if it wasn't from me, I was definately a dead man walking.

"Yes," I muttered, almost too quietly for me to hear. I was going to add a long chain of assurances. That I swear I loved her, I always would, I'd die for her, I just killed for her... But I thought better of it. me trying to weasel my way out of things might only get the man angrier than he already was.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

23 Reviews

Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:54 am
Chupatoasta says...

Garrett~

Garrett clenched his fists suddenly, his jaw tightening. "Take off your weapons," he seethed, breath hot with anger. Marroe suddenly shot his gaze to his belt, heavy with his weapons, then back to Garrett. The scars on his knuckles had been closed for far too long, and this seemed like the perfect time to reopen then. "Don't look at me like that." His voice was getting louder, but still not loud enough to draw attention. He took his belt off, laden with his swords, and dropped it to the sandy ground silently, Marroe following slowly, but in suit nonetheless.

"Listen Garrett, I love her, and she loves me, and I may be just a criminal, but you know what love feels like. You have Naela! You two are in love, are you not?" Garrett smirked at Marroe and waved his hand for the young man to come closer, his other arm slowly bunching into his side.

"We are, I love her, no doubt. I've known her longer than you and Shadow have known one another. I've laid with women before, none that I'm proud of. I've been drunk, and stupid, and thought I was in love. But never in my almost twenty years of life have I ever," he took a breath and let his voice get louder with every word, "laid a girl who is merely sixteen! She's a child! Marroe, you're almost nineteen, am I correct? She is my baby sister and she's going to have her own BABY?!" And with that very last word, he let his fist fly right into Marroe's face.
George Bernard Shaw

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee