z

Young Writers Society

Magekillers II: Battle for Rossain

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:45 am
RedBird says...

Rossain. A country of infinite beauty and possibilities. Full of perfect cities and happy people. A world very similar to our own. Or so they say. No mage from the outside has ever gotten past the borders, and no one on the inside has ever gotten out. What everyone doesn't know is that the government of Rossain is beginning something. Something that will change the world forever.
In a world of magic, the Council of Rossain cut off all contact with other countries, detesting magic. Inside their borders, they have started to systematically kill off all mages and beings associated with magic. And they won't stop there. An army is being amassed, called the Magekillers, and with it, Rossain will begin to conquer the surrounding territories. And wipe magic off of the map for all time.
There are still a few mages living in hiding in Rossain. With the Magekillers stalking the streets and searching houses every hour of the day, they are bound to be found. Anyone found helping a mage is instantly executed. And yet, people still do, protecting friends and family. If they can band together, there might be a hope of overthrowing the plot and saving magedom.

Recently, a band of renegade mages was attacked and taken into custody. They were taken to a secure location, and nobody knows what has happened to them. Everyone is sure of one thing, though. That these mages were up to something, something bigger then just staying alive. They were trying to stop the madness, stop the massacre of hundreds of innocent people. And even though they have disappeared, many have started to rally, ready to finish the tyranny of Rossain once and for all.

Will you join? Will you fight for freedom and the safety of the free world?

Okay, so that's that out of the way! Now...Characters. Yes, those renegades were the characters from the old SB. You can have your old character back, and continue from where the old one left off, or you can have new characters. You can have two: a mage, normal citizen, or a Magekiller. Here are the specifics of mages and Magekillers:

There are four types of mage: Elemental, Psychic, Organic, and Illusional.

Elemental: Fairly obvious. You can control the elements: fire, earth, water, air. You can manipulate them, using to harm or heal.

Psychic: Basically, you have telekinesis, teleportation (which Rossain has managed to block), and mind-reading skills.

Organic: You can control living things. Animals do your bidding, and you can manipulate plants and the such-like.

Illusional: You use illusions to bend people's minds, and to manipulate situations.

Magekillers have various weapons and technology for dealing with magic:

Magebullets: prevent Psychics from deflecting them.

Teleportation blocker: Keeps people from teleporting when they are in a certain range.

Illusion Dispersers: Rip apart illusions.

Regular guns and knives and such are used as well.

Okay...templates:

Name:

Profession: (mage, Magekiller, normal citizen)

Mage type: (only if you're a mage)

Weapon: (only if you're a Magekiller)

Appearance:

Personality:

Weaknesses/Strengths

Likes/Dislikes:

Other:

And finally...rules:

Usual YWS rules (no godmodding, no descriptive sex, etc.)

No super gory violence, although there will undoubtedly be some.

No really bad swear words, please!

Romance is okay, but let's not have sex, people...

Have fun!

I think that's about it...PM me if you have questions!
Last edited by RedBird on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:24 am
Fox says...

I'm just going to keep my old one, Catherine. Do you want me to re-post her profile???
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

61 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 am
RedBird says...

Yes, please. Just so everyone new can see it, you know....
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:04 am
Ranger Hawk says...

(This is just my profile from last time)

Name: Jess Fletcher

Profession: Magekiller

Weapons: Illusion Dispersers; she has a gun and two knives for close-quarters combat.

Appearance: Dark brown, shoulder-length hair; steady brown eyes; average body frame, pale skin. Sort of like this I guess:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She hates all mages, since her family was killed by a mage many years ago. Ever since that time, she's trained extensively with different weapons and has sworn to rid the town of all mages. She's a fierce, loyal friend to those she trusts, but they are few. Most see her as being austere and cold; few get to see her relaxed side.

Weaknesses/Strengths: Weaknesses are anything that reminds her of her family and the reason why she's joined the Magekillers; strengths are her tough resolve and do-or-die attitude

Likes/Dislikes: She likes being alone in nature, and loves forests, where she can think. She hates mages and magic.

Other: She's up for love (and in the last storybook she and Adam were developing a relationship)
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:36 pm
Fox says...

Name: Catherine Sulden

Profession: mage

Mage type: elemental

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: smart, clever, sneaky, not much of a leader, not so good at handling a lot of responsibility, caring, agile (but sometimes clumsy).

Weaknesses/Strengths: She's fast and strong, but can sometimes be clumsy. She's smart and good at making strategies. Her best element is Earth, and her worst is wind. She falls for love too fast, and so her heart gets broken a lot. She's not the best fighter, but she does know the body really well, and so she knows it's weak points.

Likes/Dislikes: She loves fruits, cheesecake, ice-cream, bread, and movies. She doesn't like coffee, reading, video-games, or sleeping (she has a lot of nightmares).

Other: up for love!!!
Last edited by Fox on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

61 Reviews

Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:45 pm
RedBird says...

Name: Cutter Jonston

Profession: mage

Mage type: Psychic

Weapon:

Appearance: http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/sabph ... 135387.jpg

Personality: Cutter is generally cheerful and full of energy. Even though he's in hiding, he still manages to hold on to his happiness. He's also fiercely protective of his friends, as he doesn't have any family.

Weaknesses/Strengths: He can wield his magic extremely well, and is very good when fighting. He's also a good runner. He'll do anything for his friends, which can get him into sticky situations.

Likes/Dislikes: Loves using magic, being with people in general (unless they're trying to kill him), obsessed with chocolate, Converse. Hates Magekillers, the government of Rossain, people bringing others down.

Other: Up for love.
~Snape, AVPM

Reviews: 4
Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:20 pm
View Likes
MayApple says...

I'll make Lorei's cousin. For the sake of everything, Lorei went missing and hasn't been seen for a long time. But I'm not saying Lorei's dead, though everyone thinks she is...

Name: Natalie May

Profession: normal citizen

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's sweet, but when her friends are in trouble she is fierce and loyal. She's brave, and not afraid to take charge in a situation. She does whatever she can to keep everyone safe. She is independent, and wont be tied down or held back. When she's mad, she has a real attitude. She is bold, and not worried about other people's opinions of her.

Weaknesses/Strengths: She is brave, and loyal, but can be a little bold and come across as pushy.

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes- Her horses, her parents, her little brother
Dislikes- horse-haters, stupid people, dogs

Other: She lives on a ranch, where she was raised her whole life. She never wanted to be dragged into the whole Mage-Magekillers conflict, but through her cousin ended up in the middle of it all. When she heard her cousin was missing, she was upset and swore that if a magekiller showed up at her door they wouldn't be returning home...ever. She never exactly loved her cousin, though, and was always a little jealous.
Last edited by MayApple on Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:57 pm
IsebellaLynnette says...

Name: Leigh Terry

Profession: Mage ^_^

Mage Type: Organic (ooh, this sounds cool 8D)

Appearance: Has short, chestnut-brown hair and bright green eyes; smooth, flowing movements, like his horse, River; of average height and build; looks tall because of his self-confidence and how he holds his head up high; always appears self-assured (I'm the first one without an actual picture! O_o)

Personality: Hates harming anyone/anything, but he will do whatever it takes to save his friends; naturally shy and nervous around important people that he respects; mostly selfless; more often than not, he is NOT as self-confident as he looks

Weaknesses/Strengths: Very loyal and dedicated to friends, always appears calm and self-assured, is very good with words and can calm almost everyone down; not a leader at all, isn't self-confident, very trusting of people (except for Magekillers, if he knows that they're one)

Likes/Dislikes: Likes spending time with friends/River, having piece and quiet, making friends; Dislikes Magekillers (they killed his mentor, Windsor), obnoxious/annoying/stupid people, rowdy and/or crowded places

Other: If you are a Magekiller, watch out; Leigh will find out and probably kill you or die trying. He considered Windsor to be the father he never had. His mother died when he was 1. For some reason, he's got the place name 'Woodmeadow' stuck in his head; he wants to find out where and what it is. And he's up for love. (Though if it was with a Magekiller, that'd be weird O_o)

This sounds fun, RedBird; thanks for letting me join ^^
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:08 pm
kidashka says...

I'll use my chara from last time... he's gonna be pretty cut up 'bout Lorei :(

Name: Emmett Dunelm
Profession: Mage [Psychic]

Appearance: Dark brown hair that's quite long for a man. Quite a narrow face, blue eyes. Fairly tall, not very muscular.

Personality: Generally appears optimistic despite his current situation. He is fairly confident with those he knows well, but it can take him a while to trust newcomers. Once his trust is won, he is fiercely loyal [ie. would do anything to ensure Lorei's safety.] Since Lorei went missing he has become very withdrawn and quiet, often spending long periods of time in silence. He is determined to find out what happened to Lorei and exact revenge on the magekillers, no matter what.

Weaknesses/Strengths: Very good at using powers; often uses mind-reading skills subtley in order to read situations well. Can run very fast; good at finding hiding places. However isn't very good in the offensive - struggles to make sound battle plans and is not good at hand-to-hand combat or with weapons. {However there has been some improvement since the start of the first SB}

Likes/Dislikes: Is a tiny bit addicted to lemonade. Dislikes being trapped in the city, has so far been inable to escape. Gets very agitated when he is in the secret hidaway for too long. Has a burning hatred for the magekillers who seperated him from Lorei (whilst before he didn't really care about them.)

Other: Up for love of course! Possibly up for love, but remember he's grieving and still loves Lorei, really.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:56 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Dakota Black

Profession: Magekiller

Weapon: Illusion Disperser, as well as a small black pistol

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is cunning, quick thinking, and witty. She doesn't laugh, and rarely smiles. She has a cool attitude, and doesn't take no for an answer. She has a devious mind and is good at planning attacks, though she prefers to just wing it.

Weaknesses/Strengths:
Weakness- gets in over her head sometimes, a bit selfish
Stregth- witty, clever, smart

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes- killing mages, herself, cute guys, her pistol
Dislikes- mages, mages, and her parents
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 4
Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:17 am
theobserver12c says...

Ill join just let me think of a character. I'll post later on today.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:12 am
Fox says...

Name: Carter Jones

Profession: Mage

Mage type: Elemental

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's not the brightest star in the sky, but she's really sweet. She's a little clumsy and be stubborn. She cares for others, and seems to do nothing for herself, but she get's angry a little easily.

Weaknesses/Strengths: She's stealthy and sneaky, but she's very clumsy. She can be very agile...when she wants to. She's good at all the elements, but her best is fire.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes-animals, flowers, boys, her friends, and cupcakes!
Dislikes-magekillers, mean people, and reading!

Other: up for love!!!
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:28 pm
IsebellaLynnette says...

So, does anyone know when we're starting? Sorry, I'm getting impatient. XD

And also, do we just start wherever we may happen to be in Rossain at the time? Or should we have, like, a Gathering of some sort? (Oh wait, that would probably be pretty stupid ^_^;) Just wondering.
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 pm
Fox says...

I think this should be like the last one, where all the mages stay together.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 pm
kidashka says...

Do you think we should have all the people from last time who aren't here this time be dad/missing or as NPCs?
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou