Young Writers Society

Camp YWS

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri May 14, 2010 3:34 am
ultraviolet says...

DT link: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic63593.html

Plot

You are at a summer camp. Camp YWS. It has canoeing, outside activities, a craft hut, cabins, and other camp things, but it is also a writing camp. There are several writing projects that you may attempt.

OK, I’m keeping the plot fairly open. Basically, you are at Camp YWS for three months. From there, go with it where you will.

Characters

There are four cabins. A, B, C, and D. A and B are for boys. C and D are for girls. When a cabin fills up, you can name it at the DT, but everyone has to agree on a name. If you can’t, I will name it for you, so be agreeable. Five to a cabin.

Cabins:

Spoiler! :
Cabin A:
1. Chupatoasta--Noah Adam Black

Cabin B (a.k.a. Procrastination Place):
1. darkangel_05--Will

Cabin C:
1. Chupatoasta--Ava Nueve Black
2. ArahniaSiddel--Elizabeth (Lizbeth) Bolton
3. Ladyofthedeathroses--Raven Rose (Called Death Rose, Mrs, Murder or Rose by her friends)
4. fictionfanatic--Izzy Mclean

Cabin D (a.k.a. Purble Place):
1. ultraviolet--Emily Rose
2. NepoGirl--Sophitia (Sophie) Lovetta Stone

Character Profile

Spoiler! :
Name:

Cabin: (A, B, C, or D. To be later named.)

Appearance:

Picture: (Optional.)

Personality:

Dislikes:

Up for love:

Other:

Rules

:arrow: All regular YWS rules apply.
:arrow: No sexual content. Light romance is allowed.
:arrow: No heavy swearing. Light swearing is tolerated, but use with caution.
:arrow: No godmodding--all aspects.
:arrow: HAVE FUN! (This is a summer camp, you know. :wink: )
Last edited by ultraviolet on Tue May 25, 2010 12:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

262 Reviews

Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 am
ultraviolet says...

Name: Emily Rose

Cabin: D

Appearance: Long dark read hair. Brown eyes.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Loves life. Wants to get as much out of this summer as possible. Swimming, writing, new skills and such. Is a morning person, unless she stayed up late the night before. Is brave, and will try almost anything new.

Likes: Writing, trying new things, being outside, sports (though she is not obsessive).

Dislikes: Crabby people, fighting, bullies.

Up for love: Yes.

Other: Um... not that I can think of.
Last edited by ultraviolet on Sun May 16, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri May 14, 2010 4:21 am
Chupatoasta says...

Name: Ava Nueve Black

Cabin: C

Appearance: Ava's at average height, around 5'6, with a slim, but curveceous body. She has black hair, dyed from dirty blonde, and some white streaks in her hair. She's got grey-silver eyes, and multiple piercings.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality:

Likes: Cute things, photography, poetry, writing, playing guitar, singing, guys, girls, swimming, and hiking surprisingly

Dislikes: Pigs(as in guys) snobs, people who hate to read, staying cooped up inside, her brother at times

Up for love: Si, senorita

Other: She's got scars, three, all the way down her back, so she wears a shirt over he bathing suit at times to hide itt

~~

Name: Noah Adam Black

Cabin: A

Appearance: Noah is tall, muscular, and always carries a smile. He had grey-green eyes, short, dirty blonde hair, plugs in his ear lobes, and two snake bites on the right (your left) of his bottom lip

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Noah is the guy who is friends with everyone in school, jocks, bandgeeks, whores, nerds, AP wizzes, everyone. He's always smiling, and always being a sweatheart.

Likes: Girls, screamo, hard rock, partying, camping and hiking, writing lyrics with his sister, and playing guitar

Dislikes: Snobs, people bothering his sister, his sister's suclusionistic attitude, the guy who hurt his sister when she was fourteen, leaving behind massive scars

Up for love: Yess ma'am

Other: Always smiling
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Fri May 14, 2010 3:01 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Name: Elizabeth (Lizbeth) Bolton

Appearance: She looks like the picture. She doesn't have wings of course. She wears distressed or black skinny jeans. She always wears a tank top. She also doesn’t ever wear a bow in her hair! Lots of the time she is in her awesome purple bikini though. She also has a nostril piercing and a navel piercing.

Picture:
Lizbeth.jpg
Lizbeth.jpg (68.63 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Personality: She has a girly-girl side and a tom-boy side. Just depends on the mood of everyone else. As she plays her part you will learn more. . ..

Likes: She loves swimming, hiking, talking to friends, photography, writing, reading, music, canoeing, and sports (sometimes). She usually goes along with whatever everyone else wants to do. She is also good at making friends.

Dislikes: She HATES people who lie and make opinions without trying something.

Up for love: yes

Other: She talks with a southern accent.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri May 14, 2010 6:40 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name:Raven Rose (Called Death Rose, Mrs, Murder or Rose by her friends)

Cabin: c
Appearance:Waist length ebony black hair with red tips. Eyes: Dark midnight blue Skin: Pale Body type: Fit and perfect curves in all the right places. She has a black rose tattoo on her left forearm. Picture the pic with what I told you. Minus all the piercings except for the eyebrow one. Her ears are pierced all the way around and she usually wears black rose earings and red skulls in them.

Picture: (Optional.) http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj26 ... com-16.gif

Personality:She is a very sweet and well mannered girl is very kind and understanding and brilliant, she is curious but doesn't express her curiousty, she is very well thought and sarcastic she isn't afraid to speak her mind she is also very sweet, funny, optimistic, sassy, bold, courageous, and a good listener. She can make friends with anyone or anything with in a few minutes. She can be childish at times . She has a very quick temper.

Likes:Sweet guys, all her hobbies, writing poems mostly, all music (mostly rock), and her friends.
Hobbies: Playing the the piano,flute,violin,guitar,piccolo and all cousins of the violin, singing, drawing, dancing, writing, gymnastics and track.

Dislikes:Preps and idiots.

Up for love: Yes
Other: She likes to come up with poems and songs that expresses how she feels. She has a beautiful singing voice and can play as well. She always has a journal near by so she can write down any poems that come to her sponatneously. She can't survive without her music. She will often sing parts of songs that describe how she feels.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Sat May 15, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Reviews: 0
Fri May 14, 2010 7:05 pm
View Likes
MathisSiddel says...

Sorry I really dont have itme for this. I have to finish up school and 1 story book is enough for me.
Last edited by MathisSiddel on Mon May 17, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
███████████████!!Story Booker Here!!███████████████

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat May 15, 2010 2:58 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Izzy Mclean

Appearance: Izzy has short black hair and very pale skin. Her eyes are bright green and are surrounding by a thick frame of black eyelashes. Her lips are a pale pink color. She wears dark colored make-up. Mostly grays and blacks on her eyes and chap sticks on her lips..

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Izzy isn't the most outgoing person. She usually keeps to herself. She has a lot of built up emotions and she can sometimes seem kind of gloomy but her writing is amazing. She always has to have something in her hand. Whether its a pencil, her guitar pick, or her pastels she has to have something.

Likes: Writing, drawing, reading, music, small groups, people who smile, people the opposite of her (but she has no idea why though), creating music, her guitar

Dislikes: Big crowds, doing nothing, silence.

Up for love: Yup

Other: Nothing I can think of
Last edited by fictionfanatic on Sun May 16, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live, Love, Laugh

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 16, 2010 3:50 pm
darkangel_05 says...

Name: Will

Cabin: (A, B, C, or D. To be later named.) B

Appearance: the picture. just look at it.

Picture: (Optional.)

Personality: lazy, cool, and kind. he doesn't really want to be a writer, though. he's bored with life.

Dislikes: rain. and sometimes waiting for too long. waking up really early :D

Up for love: yeah.

Other: he's slow.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

262 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 6:39 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

Emily

I stepped out from the registration office and into the warm sunlight. I looked down at the slip the lady gave me, and on it it said Cabin D. I don't know how they decided who got which cabin, but also on the slip it said I was the only one in my cabin. Oh well. I'd still get to see people around.

Adjusting my duffle bag strap, I headed toward the side of the camp with the girls' cabins. I found one that had a big, wooden D on it, and entered.

In it were two bunk beds, and one single. I plopped my duffle bag onto a bottom bunk, and set by it my main suitcase; the one that had been rolling behind me. I surveyed the rest of the room; it seemed nice enough. Through a back door, there was a trail that led to the girls' bath house. On one wall there was a cabin bulletin board, where we could post whatever. There was one sheet of paper pinned to it.

I walked over to see what it said.

Welcome, girls, to Camp YWS. It them went on to state a bunch of rules, half of which were common sense, though I suppose there are some campers who lack that. Near the bottom it said one of the only interesting things on it.

And finally, since you are to be living in this cabin for the rest of the summer, I find it only appropriate that you name it. Simply put the desired name on the form, hand it in at dinner, and a plaque will be made to hang at your cabin. Remember, keep names respectful, and satisfactory to everyone in your cabin.

Thank you, and have a nice summer!

Hmm.... I thought. What could I name this place? Oh, I know! How about 'Purble Place.' Anyone could name their cabin something deep, like 'Black Willow Stone' or something. 'Purble Place' it is.

I took the form and wrote on it Cabin: D. Name: Purble Place.

Perfect.

~asofterworld.com

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 16, 2010 7:04 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Izzy:

Cabin C is what the slip read. Pushing the grey hood off of my head Istarted towards the girl's cabins, my two black duffel bags hanging from shoulder. Shoving my hands in the pockets of my dark blue jeans I stepped into the wooden cabin with a large white C above the door.

When I entered the cabin no one else was in there, leaving it to myself for at least a little bit. One large bunkbed was on each side of the cabin. Throwing my stuff onto the top bunk on the right side. Climbing the ladder I plopped myself onto the thin matress.

As I pulled my hair into a ponytail, with several short peices that didn't fit in my face, someone entered the cabin.
Live, Love, Laugh

48 Reviews

Sun May 16, 2010 9:26 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

(I have never been to camp before so tell me if I get something WAY wrong.)
Lizbeth
Lizbeth walked into cabin C. There was a girl with pale skin and short black hair sitting on a top bunk.

“Hey” I said “Anyone claimed the single bed yet?”

“Nope. Actually I was the first person here. My names Izzy.” The girl seemed nice enough and they chatted while Lizbeth settled in putting her cloths on a very small shelf at the end of her bed. When she had laid her favourite green soft blanket on her bed, she walked over to the bulletin board on one wall. There was only the welcome sheet held on with a red tack.

“So does it say anything interesting?” Izzy asked. Lizbeth scanned the page. She was about to say no. Only rules, but then she read the last paragraph. It said:
And finally, since you are to be living in this cabin for the rest of the summer, I find it only appropriate that you name it. Simply put the desired name on the form, hand it in at dinner, and a plaque will be made to hang at your cabin. Remember, keep names respectful, and satisfactory to everyone in your cabin.

“They want us to come up with a name for the cabin. I don’t have any ideas. So I’m going to check out the bathrooms. Hopefully I won’t have to use a pocket mirror the whole time.”

“K, I don’t have any ideas at the moment either, but I’ll probably think of one.” She said as Lizbeth went out the back door.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon May 17, 2010 1:30 am
darkangel_05 says...

Will

"Thanks," I said to the lady at the registration office as she handed me a slip of paper. It read Cabin B. "Finally, time to get some rest," I said as I stepped out of the room.

Walking slowly, I explored my surroundings. Huts... cabins... it looked just like any other summer camp. Well, I still can't believe I enrolled myself in a summer camp. A writing camp, to be exact. Psh. Boring. I adjusted my bags on my shoulder and moved on.

I stopped outside a cabin with a big letter B above the door. I entered it and found it empty. Inside were two bunk beds, and a single one. A bulletin board is hanging from a wall, with a sheet of paper pinned to it. I threw my bags on the bottom bunk bed, and went over to the board to what is written: RULES. I skipped that boring part and saw one interesting part at the bottom.

Names... let me see. I'm no good at names. Perhaps my roommate can help me. Then I lay down at the bottom bed where my bags are, and accidentally fell asleep.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 17, 2010 6:30 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Raven Rose
I walked out of the registration office calling thanks to the lady over my shoulder. I read on the little slip of paper she had given me 'Cabin C.' I walked to Cabin C and saw another girl with brown hair with purple streaks was stepping outside of the cabin. I walked up and she turned around and jumped when she saw me. "Are you alright?" I inquired quietly. "Fine." She replied skirting me. i shrugged and walked into the cabin. I saw that the single bed was taken but I shrugged and sat on a bottom bunk. I looked up and saw a girl with short black hair and very pale skin. "I'm Izzy." She said before I could even aske. "Raven." I said smiling slightly at her. I walked up to a bulletin board and read the single piece of paper. 'And finally, since you are to be living in this cabin for the rest of the summer, I find it only appropriate that you name it. Simply put the desired name on the form, hand it in at dinner, and a plaque will be made to hang at your cabin. Remember, keep names respectful, and satisfactory to everyone in your cabin.' I sighed and turned Izzy. "Name the cabin whatever you want but nothing to girly please." I said calmly. I walked to my bed and grabbed my quitar case. I pulled out my cherrywood acoustic quitar and walked out of the cabin. I found an old oak tree and sat in the shade. I laid my back against it and started to strum slightly bored out of my mind. I felt myself smiling and humming along when I heard someone clapping and I turned to see who it was. *can be anyone*
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

262 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 2:37 pm
ultraviolet says...

Emily

I unpacked my stuff--using all of the shelf space, considering no one else needed it--and decided to get some air. I walked outside to find a girl, slightly older than myself, playing guitar under a tree. She was playing really well. When she finished, I clapped. She looked up startled. I walked closer to her.

"Hello," I said. "That was really good. What's your name?"

"Raven Rose," she answered, coming out of her shock of seeing me.

"Really?" I asked, surprise of my own settling. "My name is Emily Rose. We have the same last name." I smiled.

She smiled back. "Cool. What a coincidence."

"Totally."

A bell rang through the camp.

"That must mean it's time for dinner," I said. "Your cabin got a name yet?"

"I don't know," she said. "Guess I'll find out."

~asofterworld.com

48 Reviews

Mon May 17, 2010 2:47 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Lizbeth
Lizbeth checked out the bathrooms. They were nice enough even had plug-ins for blow-dryers and everything else she had stuffed into her bag. Lizbeth was almost back up to her cabin when a bell rang. Must be supper she thought. She sighed then began to jog not wanting to be late.

When she got to the hall it seemed as if everyone else was there already. People were chatting waiting for the speaker.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
— Andrew Carnegie