z

Young Writers Society

The Red Vine

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:34 pm
View Likes
Ellyphant says...

"Really?" I asked looking at him longily. He smiled and nodded. He wiped my eyes with his thumbs and kissed my nose. Then he smoothed my arm down until he met my hand and we held hands watching the dogs. He looked at me and his eyes got big. "What?" I asked.

"Um, you have a hickey the size of a quarter and...I'm not sure if you'll be able to hide it," he said. I think he almost started to hyperventilate.

"I can cover it with foundation," I said shrugging off the problem just like that. It wouldn't be hard. I looked at him and smiled. "I should be getting back home," I said. He nodded and whistled for Angel and I called Envy over.
You're more than wonderful
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

-Love of My Life, Brian McKnight.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:43 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Rory held her hand as they walked to her house. Her parents were outside on the porch when they walked bye.

"Hey, guys." Sean called. Rory waved back as Jar tugged on his hand.

"Hi." He smiled back as she pulled him down to her house.

"I don't want to talk to them just yet and I don't want them to see the Hickey you gave me." She smiled at him. He nodded smiling.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:55 pm
View Likes
Ellyphant says...

I went to the bathroom and Looked for the foundation. "There you are," I said when I found it in the back of the cabinet. I looked up into the mirror and gasped. I saw someones face that wasn't mine. I dropped the cover-up and it made a big clanking noise when it hit the ground.

"Are you okay?" Rory asked. I turned to the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just...just butterfingers," I said. I turned back to the mirror and it was my face. I reached out to my reflection and touched the glass to make sure it was glass. Then I slowly started putting on the make up to cover the spot on my neck. I came out of the bathroom and started walking up the stairs. When we reached up stairs we went out on the porch where everyone was.

"Hey," I said. I sat on the steps. Rory shook hands with daddy and mom. They started to talk as I started to zone-out.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory kept an eye on Jar as he talked with her parents.

"She still mad?" Sean asked out of the blue. "Don't worry she's zoned out enough she won't be listening."

"Thats not my place to say." Rory replied. "I think it was a shock to her though." He replied.

"Ya, I'm sure." Sean replied.

"She's fine." Ettabell said. "She's just soaking it all in."

**all I had**
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:10 pm
View Likes
Ellyphant says...

I was totally zoned out. I wouldn't be surprised if I was sleeping. I started to daydream. It was angels. They were so pretty. So graceful. Then this man rode in on them on a black shadow horse and sliced their heads clean off. I jerked my head back as I was dreaming it. The man turned around and blood oozed from his mouth. Then I seemed to zoom to another place. There were cloaked men standing in different places and then I watched myself walk in shackels up to a masked man. He placed me on a crucifix and nailed me into place. I felt the pain and is was excrutiating. He lifeted the cross into a hole and fixed it into place. I started to cry and one tear made it to the ground. Once it did everything went dark. I freaked out and came back to reality. I looked around to make sure I was still alive. I looked behind me and mom, dad, and Rory were staring at me.

"Are you okay?" Rory asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, just a nightmare...during the day...a daymare. I'm hungry can we eat dinner? Rory I think it's best if you go home now. I need some quality time with my parents, if you don't mind," I said standing up and grabbing his hand leading him down the stairs. I kissed him goodbye and he left kind off awkward and slowly.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:19 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Rory wanted to know what had happed but he knew it wasn't his place. He walked back ot his house Angel in his arms. when he walked inside Rick was standing there waiting.

"What the hell did you do in here/" THe man demanded.

"Listen, I'm not in the mood." He growled walking past him. "Your not my dad, stop acting like it." He walked to his room and laid down. He felt himself pushed back and everything went dark.

"Go back." It was his dad.

"Whats going on?" Rory demanded glaring at him.

"You need to stay with Julene, she's in danger." His dad replied. "There are rouge demons, even the demons are after them. Their out to kill her so that the future goes into chaos, without her there is nothing. Without here there is no destiny no matter what side she picks."

"what are you tlaking baout?" He demanded.

"Don't worry about it, just stay with her!" His dad growled.

"I want to know why. I can't just tell her I'm going to stick to her like glue!" He growled. "Dad, I think I love her, I'm not going to chase her away!"

"Figure it out." His dad replied. "Your not here to make her pick a side, your here to make sure she lives to make a choice about what side!"
Rory's eyes focused and he took a deep breath. This was going to be fun.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:25 pm
Ellyphant says...

Once we were inside I closed the door and all of the windows.

"Dad, mom, I think I have been seeing things. I think it might be possible that those things that I have been seeing are Deadloves images. I think he might be trying to tell me something," I said in a jumbled mess. Daddy stared at me.

"Are you su-" he was interupted by someones footsteps on the roof.

"What was that?" mom whispered. Dad stared at the roof. I did, too.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:33 pm
TNCowgirl says...

*Sean*

"Who is it, Sean?" Ettabell asked moving closer to him.

"Demons, unfriendly ones." He replied. Nick was pushing to get out.

"What do they want?" Julene asked moving close to him too.

"I'm not sure, but it can't be anything good. Jul, this means Nick will probably come back." Sean said looking at her. She nodded. "I can't be held responsible for anything he says."

"Alright, he's your darkside, I get it." She replied as a window broke. Nick broke free and narrowed his eyes. Someone knocked on the door and he looked towards it.

"It's your boyfriend." He said looking at Julene. She ran to the door and opened it.

"I thought you went home." She said looking at him.

"Ya, I had a really bad feeling and wanted to make sure you were ok." Rory replied glancing at Nick. They're eyes met and Nick tilted his head towards the stairs.

"Time to prove your worth dating my kid, angel boy." Nick growled. Rory's eye narrowed and then three sets of feet started down the stairs. "Julene, Bell, get downstairs. Lock the doors, take the dogs with you."

**If you don't want her knowing about Rory yet let me know I'll change it.**
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:48 pm
View Likes
Ellyphant says...

"Angel boy, what the hell kind of nickname is that?" I said scurrying dodwn the stairs.

"Now, let's all be nice and try to stay calm. Where's Envy at?" mom asked. I turned around as he came through the open door. The door...it was open. I was sure I had closed it. "Julene, I want you to do one very simple thing for me," mom said. I looked at her.

"What?"

"Run."

"No," I said in a sassy tone.

"Now, Jay." mom said.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory smelled the demons downstairs and he ran down the steps and looked around.

"Listen to your mom, Jar." He said as he looked around.

"No, I'm not leaving y'all here, we're fine down here." She replied.

"There are demons down here." He replied as he looked over everything he saw one and grabbed Jar and Ettabell out of the way before the demon could get them as he turned back visible.

"Well well well, who do we have here." The demon laughed as he put Ettabell and Jar behind him. "Hello, Rory, long time no see."

"Skinner, what are you doing here?" Rory demanded looking at the demon as another one appeared behind Skinner.

"Destroying everything the angels and demons hold close." Skinner laughed. "See if she dies, no one knows what will happen. No one can see a future without her around."

"She's not dying, Skinner." He growled back. "Leave, cause you wait....one more minute her dad will be down here and if I don't kill you he will."

"I'm sure. But you kill me there will be others. There are many of us. We like to think of oruselves as higher up then the angels and lower then the demons."

"Thats impossible to be both." Jar laughed.

"Oh, but it is." Skinner smiled. "Cause when your gone, no one will know which way is up and which is down."

"Leave, Skinner." Rory hissed. "Now." He felt his blade slowly start to work it's way out of his palm.

"Or what? Kill me, you don't have the guts, Rory, I don't know why your dad thought you could......" Rory jumped at him as the blade slipped into his grasp and he stabbed Skinner in his black heart.

"Go back where you came from." He growled at the demon as he started to disappear and then was compeltely gone. Rory's blade slipped back in his hand as the other demons took off.
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:08 pm
Ellyphant says...

I stared at where the deamond stood, dumbfounded.

"Y-you killed him," I stuttered, my feet planted in the ground.

"Come on, Jar," Rory said pulling me until me feet gave in. I followed him until he came up to my daddy. I pushed Rory off and walked up to daddy embracing him tightly and just holding him there. I started crying. I was scared. They were after me. How many more of those moments would come up? He brushed my hair with his fingers.

"Sh, it will be all right, Daddy's got you," he whispered many times.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Rory swallowed and stepped back. "I guess thats my que." He said softly walking out the door. He walked until he was out of site then turned invisible and walked back sitting on the porch. He listened for a little while til Jar and her mom went up the stairs. Sean walked outside and sat next to him.

"Why are you still here?" SEan asked.

"My dad got ahold of me. I'm not here to persuade her one way or the other, just to protect her. I'm not supposed to leave the area, but keep her close by." He sighed. "I've a feeling killing Skinner just demoted me alot."

"Who knows with Julene, she's got a mind of her own." Sean replied. "Give her time."

"Your alter-ego near gave me up." Rory replied.

"I know. Bell let me see what I missed." Sean said standing up. "I can't control what he does or doesn't do."

"Ya, well I'm not so sure she'll like me much when she finds out the truth." He sighed. "Probably should have thought of that before I fell for her."
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:41 pm
View Likes
Ellyphant says...

**If it's okay I'd like to continue this convo**

"I doubt it. She really likes you. She's pretty much attached. She's not a violent person, hense why she freaked out when you killed Skinner. But, she'll have to start understanding and fending for herself. She's not the hateful type of person, and the one thing that she hates most is being lied to. You've already warned her. So she knows something's up. Don't worry. I was the same way with Bell, and look how we turned up," Shaun said smiling. He got up and went inside.

**Inside**

"I'm scared, momma," I said holding onto her. She held onto me, too.
"It won't be long and you'll be the one scaring them," she said. I nodded.
"Where's Rory?" I asked sitting up wiping the tears away with the back of my palm.
"I'm not sure," she said. "Ask your dad."
I went out in the hallway and yelled "Daddy, where's Rory!" He was coming inside and he pointed.
"Right there." I ran to the door and closed it once I was on the porch with him. I turned around.
I sighed. I scooched closer and took a deep breath.

"I love you. Okay? Don't say it back until you're ready, but I wanted to let you know that I'm ready and I do. So much. Will you stay the night, please?" I said staring at him, my eyes gleaming.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

110 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:53 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Rory took a deep breath and looked at her. "Alright, your parents won't kill me?"

"Nope." She smiled leaning against him.

"I love you too, you know." he said kissing the top of her head. "I think it took the demons showing up to really realize that. I'm sorry about Skinner. I've had a few run ins with him."

"It's fine can we not talk about it right now?" She asked.

"Of course." He replied kissing ehr forehead then her nose and her lips. "I'll shut up."

*Oy, short*
Want a Readers crit???

18 Reviews

Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:06 pm
View Likes
Ellyphant says...

"Well, don't shut all the way up. I still want to talk...you said you loved me," I said with a hugemongous grin on my face. I pulled him close and kissed him over and over again. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. Then the front door swung open. I turned and was staring at the curious face of my mom and the angry face of my dad. I slowly put myself down. "Um...we're going to watch a movie," I said scurrying inside with Rory right behind me.
More than amazing
The irreplaceable
Love of my life
You're so incredible
In these arms tonight
The irreplaceable
Love of my life

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights