z

Young Writers Society

When the Sun Sets

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:30 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

[pre]Here's some background info. The planet the story takes place on is Aquaenis (ah-qua-eh-is) a planet inhabited by sea, land and air creatures. Such as mermaids, vampires, unicorns, angels and so on. Their government is manly whoever is King makes the rules and everyone obeys these rules. Except for the vampires who don't care and have a special deal with the King that they don't have to agree with anything he says. Ok now that's done with the story takes place in the Forest of long Tigers, a place similer to the Everglades. Our main character, Blade a vampire, is fighting off a rabid pack of white tiger from getting to a very important package straped to his belt. He jumps on to the top of a tree and hops off into the black starry night. He hears the growls of the tigers as he hops away towards the Castle of Jewels. He thinks back to the promise he made to Princess Dawn that the package would be safely returned back to the castle. Ok you can add more character later but word to wise Blade is a vampire who obeys the laws for some reason. [/pre]
For now I will let the blood drip from my fingers...

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:14 pm
Willow says...

Dawn looked down into the grounds surrounding the forest. You could see everything from this particular window in the Castle of Jewels. She had never known whether it was an enchantment, or perhaps just impeccable architecture.
The moon was bright in the sky, casting a weary light over the surrounding area.
She could see Blade running, the white tigers a few paces behind him. Her opalescent white hair fell forward as she moved closer to the mirror. She would've sent some of her own soldiers to help Blade, but she knew this would only insult him.
As he ran one of the tigers closed in. It lunged at his throat, but he dodges just in time, thrusting a black steel tipped arrow into the tiger's side. Dawn could hear the roar from her window five stories up.
The tiger wasn't dead, yet.
Blade continued his race to reach the castle grounds. He put an arm to his waist where the package was still secured. Dawn could see he was tiring from the long journey he must have made. She didn't know if she had the heart to tell him he'd have to go back again, soon. But this time she'd be joining him.
He was almost by the gates now. The tigers sensed their prey was escaping and quickened their pace. Dawn hurried out of her room, down the countless crystal steps toward the courtyard and out to the gates where she could find Blade . . .
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:35 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

Running through the now open gates and past Dawn. Quickly she shuts the heavy golden gates and meets Blade at the castle enterance. "Do you have the package?" she asks. Blade, sweating profusely, answers "Yes, but princess I am getting too old for this. Next week I am turning 700 and I won't be able to do this anymore." He bows at her feet. "Yes, yes that is very nice but can I see the package now?" He looks up at her from on his knee worriedly. "I am very sorry princess but I can't let anyone see it, per to your fathers wishes." She angers. "Excuse me?" He...............
For now I will let the blood drip from my fingers...

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:41 pm
Willow says...

He new immediately it had been a mistake to tell her this. Of coarse she'd be furious. King Auster never trusted her, and never will. He wouldn't tell Blade why she wasn't to be trusted, but a fiery sparked in his eyes at the mere mention of his duaghter's name. Blade couldn't let her see what treasures this package holds. He couldn't let anyone see the wonders of forgotten old.
"Princess I beg of you," he began. "I'm but a humble messanger."
"What message do you bring then?" Even though Princess Dawn's eyes were narrow slits, Blade couldn't help remembering those piercing ice blue eyes. He couldn't understand how anyone so beautiful could pose such a threat for a King. Beauty is frailty, as far as Blade knew. Frailty that needed his protection.
"The message was not brought for you miss," he said, looking up at the castle.
"Who then?" she asked impatiently, waving her hand through the air.
"I am only to deliver it to your brother," Blade answered, "Prince Silos."
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter