z

Young Writers Society

Collision [In need of a better title]

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Colt did his best to keep from clenching his jaw. "Ok." He pulled a seat out of Ivy and let her sit down before he sat down next to her setting his plate in front of him along with his drink. He ahd gotten a little more food then Ivy had.

**nothing**
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

**Don't worry. I forgot that you wouldn't have much to post. *blushes* Ivy's going to get all jealous. ^_^**

Ivy tried not to think much about it, but she couldn't ignore the little things that Mary Beth was doing. She narrowed her eyes.

Mary Beth seemed to think this was a...competetion. Well, she hadn't seen anything yet.

I'm not fighting for Colton, she assured herself. I'm fighting because Mary Beth was hurting her pride.

Mary Beth's chair seemed to get closer and closer to Colton. Ivy glared, her nerves on edge. The moment that girl started to bat her long eyelashes, Ivy had had it. She didn't know what made her tick, but she did know that she could fight back.

"So Colton," Ivy said, cutting Mary Beth off. "Are we going to dance again later?" Ivy smiled, tilted her head and letting her hair fall over her shoulder a little. She was letting the other girl know that she could flirt too.

Now Mary Beth glared at Colton. "I didn't think you liked dancing," she replied. "What's your name, again? Ivy? Like poision ivy, right?"

Ivy turned her head towards Mary Beth abruptly. "No. I don't see that connection at all, actually," she said, coldly, her gray-blue eyes shooting daggers.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:10 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Colt looked from one girl to the other confused out of his mind.

"Hey, hey, pull the claws back in. I don't get why you two are being so rude to each other." He said crossing his arms.

**UGH**
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:27 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

She turned to glare at Colt, refusing to be embaressed. "It's a pride thing," she retorted, angrily.

Colton folded his arms over his chest. "Truce over or something?" He asked.

Ivy sighed. She wanted to come back with a smart comment, but she also didn't want to argue with Colton anymore.

"No," she said, clenching her fists. "I apologize, Mary Beth." Her nails almost cut deep enough to draw blood.

"I'm sorry too," she said, hanging her head. Ivy wanted to point out how fake this to Colton, but then again, that would probably only cause another arguement.

"Excuse me a moment," she sighed, getting up. "I'd like some fresh air."

She walked outside and away from the party. It was getting crowded in there anyway. She just needed to be alone with her thoughts...and away from Colt. He was making her go so crazy today.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:43 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"She is....weird." Mary Bet h sighed.

"Mary Beth!" He growled. "I'm going to make sure she is ok." He got up and walked outside to find Ivy. He saw her walking around and he walked over to where she was.

"Sorry about Mary Beth." He sighed as he handed her a cup of water.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:11 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy smiled a shy smile and took the cup of water. "Thanks, and, it's not just her. I don't know...sometimes I guess my pride gets the best of me," she sighed.

"Nah, Mary Beth can be a little instigator as well," he said to cheer her up. "Besides, how did she hurt your pride, anyway."

Ivy shrugged nervously. "Just...she just did."

"Oh," Colt said, continuing to walk beside her.

They walked in silence, side by side. The moon highlighted Colton's features. His sharp nose and full lips.

Quit it, Ivy told herself. Colton is your friend. Remember that, the voice in the back of her head nagged.

"So," Colton said, ending the silence. "Why do you always go outside for walks when you get upset. I noticed it a while back and I never got to ask you."

Ivy turned away. "Well, I like the outdoors. My father and I used to take walks. He would carry me or just hold my hand," she said, then stopped. Her father could never take walks with her again. She didn't know why it meant so much to her to just be...outside. Of course, my mother always made me carry an umbrella, but now I don't see how it matters."

Colton laughed. "Which explains the fair skin," he replied. "You've been sun burnt quite a bit, haven't you?"

Ivy grinned. "Yeah, but I've gotten tan now," she rolled her eyes. "Not exactly, but I've gotten a bit darker."

"Not that much," Colt grinned.

They walked in silence again. She could feel Colt's hand beside hers, radiating a pleasant warmth. She could move just one of her fingers and it could intertwine around...

Ivy scolded herself again. She couldn't deny it anymore. She had feelings for Colt. She couldn't help it, but it also didn't matter. He hardly even liked her as a friend. Ivy's heart dropped. She knew she would never tell him how she felt. It would probably kill the last bit of self esteem when he told her he'd already found some other girl. They had to be lined up, just like Mary Beth.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:42 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt felt her hand bump against his for the second time and he fought to keep from grabbing it. He swallowed hard and then looked down at her. What the heck? What could he lose, she already acted like she hated his guts, what more could she do? If she never talked to him again, well, he'd live, right?

They walked for a few minutes and her hand bumped his again. He couldn't stand it. He stopped and grabbed her hand turning her to face him before he lowered his lips onto her's waiting for the slap he knew would come.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:56 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy stood stone still. Colton's lips locked into place on hers and once sensing her lack of enthusiasm, leaned back. He didn't apologize, like most guys would, but he looked slightly disappointed. Ivy's heart leaped as she realized what was going on. Colt had just kissed her. That meant...he must like her, right?

Ivy stood on her tip toes and pressed her lips back onto his, eagerly now, the shock over. Both of her arms went around his neck and she pressed more into the kiss. She had only kissed one guy before Colton, but kissing was natural right? She hoped she was doing it right.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:05 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colton's hands slipped around her waist and held her gently. He hoped he wasn't screwing the kiss up, wasn't like he'd kissed anyone other then Betsy when he was little. When he pulled away he smiled a little.

"Well, I think I liked that better then the slap I was expecting." He smiled down at her. He wanted to kick himself for not saying something, well anything else.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:17 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy laughed. "Slapped? Trust me, that was the very last thing on my mind," she smiled.

"Good," came his reply as he tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. Ivy leaned in closer to him.

"Well, now you know why my pride was hurt," Ivy sighed. "Though, I didn't exactly admit it to myself until just a minute ago. Bad as it sounds."

"Better late than never," Colton shrugged, his hands still lightly laying on her hips. "So this definitely means that the truce is for good."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "Well I would hope so," she laughed.

"Did you want to go back inside, or stay out here?" Ivy asked him after a minute.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:27 am
TNCowgirl says...

Colt frowned and looked at her with a smile. "Well, we need to go back in before people start to wonder." He said as he touched her soft cheek again. "But before we go." He lowered his head again and their lips met. He savored the moment before he pulled away and smiled.

"Wow." She sighed. He nodded and then grabbed her hand.

"Come on, this is a good dance." He smiled as he led her into the barn and led her on the dance floor.
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:39 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Ivy nodded and followed him. She was more relaxed now, she felt...comfortable now. She laughed and let Colton lead her in the dance.

"Now you're relaxed," Colt nodded.

"Ivy!" Ella called, coming towards her.

"Hey!" She smiled, brightly. Ella cocked an eyebrow.

"Having fun?" She asked. "You seem happy."

Ivy shrugged. "Just enjoying the party." How would she react to the fact that she had feelings for her brother. "Where's Adam?"

Ella's face lit up at his name. "Gone to get drinks," she responded. "It has been a fun party, hasn't it."

Ivy nodded and turned back to Colton. "Are you having fun?" She asked cheekily. He fought not to smile.

"A little. It's been interesting," he said, calmly. Ivy raised her eyebrows and shrugged when Adam came up.

"Hey Colt. Ivy," he acknowlged them. Not for long though, because he instantly turned back to Ella.

"I saved us a table," he replied. Ella left with him, happily.

"They have hardly been seperated all night," Ivy shook her head. "It's cute though."

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:00 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I'm glad, their meant for each other." He replied as he looked around. "Come on, we better find a seat. It's the married couples dance next."

"Really? They have a dance to themselves?" She asked as they walked to one of the tables and sat down.

"Yeah, it's not much different then the others, but it gives them something to have fun with." He smiled.

*oy*
Want a Readers crit???

54 Reviews

Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:49 pm
WhiteTiger93 says...

"I guess so," Ivy replied. "Will your parent's be out there?" She asked.

Colton nodded smiling. "They always do."

Ivy noticed Mary Beth glaring again, but this time Ivy didn't care much about it. Colt liked her. She couldn't help but smile at the thought.

**BRain dead! :P We need some drama. Any ideas?**

110 Reviews

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:28 am
TNCowgirl says...

**Not really**

Colt watched as his parents danced and he smiled as he saw his parent's smiling at each other. He reached over and gently took Ivy's hand.

**Brain dead, I'm ticked at my dad**
Want a Readers crit???

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] GrandWild: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— GrandWild