z

Young Writers Society

The Nevermore Contract(closed)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:35 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Cassondra Levkov/ in hall with Caleb

"I'm Caleb one of the Nevermore Knights." He explained, looking at me blankly. "And you are one of the Nakia, I am bound to protect all of the priestesses and as you were bleeding out in front of me I had to help you. That's why I am not leaving you alone." He took another step towards me and I took another step back.

"That's nice. Stay away from me."

"You are still bleeding out, I am obligated to help you."

I backed up some more as he advanced a little more, my heart was thudding in my chest. I had never allowed a man to be that near to me since I left, and I didn't intend to start now. I was strong, I could handle myself. "Obligated to help not to carry around! Leave me alone!"

He took another step towards me and I held out my hand warningly.

"Don't come any closer to me." I told him, preparing to release fire onto him if he didn't listen to me. I could feel my head starting to spin and I struggled to not sway. I didn't care if I wound up disobeying the headmaster or dying from blood loss. I was not going to be carried by a man, and I would do everything in my power to stop it from happening.

((I'm behind too! Huzzah for the late ones!))
Llamas do not have six packs

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm
FadingBrighter says...

Fey
The priestess let out a high pitched scream, then covered her mouth and stumbled backward. Fey caught her in his arms, then they both fell to their knees.
"No, No, not him to." she whispered, shaking her head, then she pressed her face against Fey's chest. Fey held her tight, pressing his face into her hair.
"Everyone around me is dying." she smelled softly of lavender, sugar, and morning frost. Fey inhaled the scent, feeling that strange ache within his chest again. But this time, it was real.
Fey pulled back, looking at the dark haired girl in his arms. He hadn't felt this in so long, and the strength of it made his heart seem as if it were about to burst.
Aden came running into the room, just as the priestess' tears came to a stop. She straightened, wiping furiously at her dampened cheeks, then reached into her pocket and pulled out a sweet.
"W,would you care for one?" she asked nonchalantly. Fey smiled. She was trying to act strong, it was so cute.
"Thank you." he murmured, taking one and popping it into his mouth.
Others began to come into the room. First Noen and a pretty girl Fey didn't recognize. Then came Isabell and a bored Liam followed by Fawn and a lovely red head who looked as if she were still half asleep. They all went one by one to the door. The first red head, who had come in after Noen, let out a quick gasp, then straightened and quickly turned away. Liam didn't even bother looking, though when Isabell returned and whispered something to him, he smiled wickedly. Then entered Caleb and another girl with dark hair and eyes. She passed by the door, then hurried towards Nenelia, her face turning white as snow. Finally came the second red head, held up by Fawn. The girl let out a squeak, then quickly turned away. Fawn sighed, running her fingers through her hair.
"You know what this means." Aden sighed. Fawn nodded, leaning against a wall.
"Oh yeah. He's trying to come back."
Aden
"Who's trying to come back?" The first red head demanded. Aden turned to look at the girl, Nenlia. He knew she must be angery, or at least annoyed. She'd fought without knowing what she was fighting for. That took strength.
"Caine." Isabell whispered. Everyone turned to look at her. "I only heard a little about him from the knights. He was the prince of the Dikurin. The Iris priestess, the lady Nevermore, locked him away his soul remained in the shards of a black crystal he had created. The story goes that if you collect all the pieces of the crystal, he will be reborn."
"So?"The dark haired girl by Nenelia asked. "What does he have to do with this?" Caleb turned to face her, dark eyes flashing.
"Obviously, someone is trying to collect all the shards of the crystal. Getting more shards allows for more power but..."
"...it also requires more blood sacrifice." Everyone turned to look at the vice-principal. He smiled softly at them, stepping from the shadows.
"Vice-principle..."Delilah started.
"Please, call me Andrew." he sighed, running his fingers through his dark hair.
"I'm sure you all have heard of the Dikurin war. The prince who was locked away by our beloved priestess. The crystals shards which shattered and fell across the earth.Well, to put it simply:if those pieces are gathered, the prince will return. And the only ones who can stop him are you," he gestured around the group, "and her." he pointed at Delilah. Everyone turned and stared.
"Her?"
"Everyone, i'd like you to meet the famed Iris priestess. Now, it's time to head for London."
“Omnia mutantur, nihil interit (everything changes, nothing perishes).”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:12 pm
Secrets13 says...

Nenlia
I looked over at the vice-principal, who seemed too calm for the situation.
"London? Why?" I asked, eyeing him suspiciously.
"Later, but for now, you all need to ready yourselves for the journey." He said, and started to walk away.
"Noen?" I looked up at him, unsure of whether or not to believe this strange character who I've only met once before. Noen responded with a blank shrug. I sighed heavily, kind of annoyed. I didn't want to go to London. For some reason the place gave me a weird feeling. I had been there before, but it was only vague memories, none of them good. Nobody else from the group had really moved, so I decided to leave.
"Nenlia?" Noen called after me, but I ignored him. I needed time to think things over.

Noen
I watched Nenlia walk away...again. this was happening to me way too often lately. I wished it bothered me.
"Noen. Keep a close eye on Nenlia. This all must be a huge shock to her, and she might end up doing something rash."Fey said to me, his little friend, Gren, nodding his head in response.
"Yes." was my simple reply and I walked down the hallway after Nenlia. These events had come too soon. The girls weren't ready for what they were about to go through, not even close.
Every answer is only a question away.

31 Reviews

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:10 am
FadingBrighter says...

P.sthis is what the vice principle looks like:
Spoiler! :
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:59 pm
Betheny says...

Isabelle

"I'm not going by coffin again!" I couldn't help it, it just burst out of my mouth. A couple of the people around me looked as if they were surpressing laughs and giggles, the high priestess especially. "I mean no disrepect but just no, I'm-"
"Not going. Isabelle, I mean no offense but your presence isn't needed. In any way," He interrupted me. He interrupted me! My thoughts were buzzing about his interrupting me while he continued far too calmly, " Also, with your out of school record I wouldn't recomend going anyway," I hissed as he reffered to my past.
"That, vice principle, happened over sixty years ago. I feel that I have since redeemed myself in the eyes of this school for numerous reasons, nevermind dedicating myself to helping the Knights," My voice was so flat and cold, so unlike my normal self.
"Yes, however, as I have said you aren't relevent to this. You aren't Nakia nor Knight, so like all the other students you will stay in school," He enphasised the word 'students', trying to show his superiority to me. Although... I was older than him... Feeling slightly ruffled I turned on my heal and started to storm off down the corridor when he stopped me. "Did I say that I have finished talking to you, Isabelle? No, I didn't. Now kindly turn to face me, that's a girl," He had such a sweet smirk, "I would also like to mention that recently you have being showing signs of blood lust, beyond your usual levels," I desperately resisted the urge to lung at him. He was so kind and generous to other students, to teachers, to anybody but me.
"And how would you know this, might I ask? Also, you actually keep track? In fact I don't want to know," Turning to my classsmates and friends, "I'll see you whenever, good look," I walked off before he had a chance to start talking to me again. "Oh, and priestess, don't die. You've a lot of work to do yet," I called over my shoulder.

I'd gone to my room and changed into uniform and picked up all the books for the lessons scedueld for today. As I picked up my old doodle book and flicked through it's pages I smiled to myself. I stood there for a while starring at memories captured, very badly, with pencil on paper. Earlier on in the book where images of the school, and a little later on pictures of the Knights. The bell ringing for second lesson pulled me back to the present, and I realised tears were rolling down my cheecks. Small dropplets of red pooled on my dress and stained my cheecks. I looked back down at the book, turning the page only to realise this was where I recored that day.
"Come on Is, we're going to be late," Hannah shouted over the noise of the crowd. I grinned at her smiling face. She grasped my hand and tugged me along behind her, subtly using her magic to part the crowd before us. We broke through into the theater, rushing to find our seats before the show started.
It was great, until about half way through. When they called for a volunteer... Giggling Hannah pushed me into the isle, waving to get attention to me, unfortunately it worked. I was pulled up alongside the actors on stage. It was a fight sceen and they were trying to prevoke a reaction from me.
I was new to human culture then and wasn't used to being around them, also I was at the peek of a blood lust time. The reaction they got was a killer... I murdered everyone in that room, including Hannah... She couldn't do anything to stop me.

(As usual if I've done anything wrong just say. What I was thinking with this was that Hannah was the Vice Principle's sister and she was best friends with Isabelle. when Isabelle killed Hannah, by accident, the vice priciple instantly hated her for it and still does, even though she couldn't have done anything to prevent it.)
Last edited by Betheny on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

31 Reviews

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm
FadingBrighter says...

Delilah turned to the vice principle, anger suddnly sparked.
"Excuse me!" she said, though he ignored her. He had begun to talk to the knights, and seemed incredibly preoccupied. Which only made Delilah try harder.
"Excuse me!" she said, louder this time. Still, he ignored her.
"I order you to turn around and listen this instant!" He froze, turning to face her.
"Yes priestess?" Now that he was looking at her, Delilah felt her face flush at her rudeness.
"Oh, um, I ,um, can you please explain to me why we must go to London?" she stammered. The vice principle smiled fondly."
'I suppose you all do deserve an explanation." He sighed. "Well, we assume that the man that stole the black ruby, the man who is gathering it's shards is hidden there. You may have heard of him. He is called Jack the ripper." Everyone gasped.
"And, what, what exactly do you expect us to do?" One of the girls asked.
"You girls must find him and destroy him using any means possible." They al turned to look at one another. They'd faced untold horrors the night before. Each had faced death, each had survived. It had been terrifying, but.
"Alright." One pipped up, putting her hands on her hips. "We'll do it, but on one condition."
"Anything." said the vice principle eagerly.
"Isabell comes to."
Fey
The vice principle looked as if he weren't going to agree, but in the end he did. Liam left, saying he'd go tell her the good news. Fey knew that that wasn't the only thing he was going to do, but he didn't mention. it. The vice principle left, and the girls all relaxed-beginning to get to know one another. The priestess smiled, laughing. Fey's heart fluttered, and he reached up-to pet Grell.
"What do you think of her, little friend?" Fey asked. Grell growled happily, leaning into his hand.
"So lovely. I never would have thought..." Fey was caught up by the priestess walking over to him, popping a candy into her mouth and handing him one.
"Want some?" she asked. Fey nodded, shyly taking the sweet and placing it on his tongue. The taste immediantly filled his mouth, and his eyes widened. It was.. it was amazing.
"Like it?" Delilah laughed at his reaction. Fey nodded. Delilah laughed again.
"Want another?" she said, reaching into her pocket. Grell flew down from Fey's shoulder, sniffing at the priestesses' pocket. He blew a spout of fire, igniting the fabric and releasing the pile of candy within onto the floor. Grell immediantly went after the sweets, leaving the priestess to furiously beat at the flame.
"Priestess!" Fey cried, going to help, but Aden caught her before he took even a step.
Aden
Aden saw the flame and ran to Delilah, trying to untie her apron. The knot came loose, and he tossed the apron away, but not before he tripped Delilah in the process. She fell, taking him down with her. He landed on top of her, face only nches away from hers. They remained there for a moment, gazing into one anthers eyes. And then they both burst into laughter.
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:36 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

Cassondra Levkov

I stared in disbelief at the faces of the others. We were going back to London? I couldn't go to London, not ever. London was... I shook off the awful memories and edged closer to the Priestess. A lot of the stuff still didn't make sense to me, but I did understand that when she spoke people listened to her. And that was exactly what I needed. I needed her to tell the Vice Principal that I was not going to London, that it was too dangerous, or something like that...
Llamas do not have six packs

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 am
amygabb says...

Fawn

“Finally, time to leave this school!” I mutter and start to walk to my room to pack. It had been such a long time that I couldn’t enjoy the building’s beauty anymore. I almost felt like stretching. We all had to warm-up for what we were going to do. I wasn’t going to wait another hundred years to destroy Caine. We had to do it right this time.

Blaze

“Am I the only one who is super confused?” I ask, hesitantly.
“Me,” a girl almost as short as me says. I notice her tail, one kinda like a wolf’s. “But I’m also so pumped.” She surrender a small smile. “I love London. What about you?”
My breaths become shallow. “No. I haven’t been.” I say curtly. I haven’t been almost everywhere these people would know.
Turning, I hobble away the best I can with a rib brace. Speaking of the rib brace, I am feeling a ton better. Exhausted, but not in pain. I slowly ease myself up the stairs and down the hallway to my bedroom. I walk in. The door clicks shut. What? I didn’t shut it. I spin, maybe it was just the wind? No. What if I closed it? Without touching it. Just with my mind. Like when I threw that statue with only my mind.
I sink onto my bed. I focus in on my worn-out suitcase, still full of clothes. I ‘nudge’ it, hypothetically, willing it with my mind. It shifts ever so slightly, that I think I imagined it. I squint at the travel bag. Wow, I must look like an idiot! Sighing, I remind myself, if I am part of the female crazy warrior club-thing -- what did he call it? The Nakia? I am going to have to hone my skills. Back to my suitcase. I attempt to move it for ten minutes straight, until I’ve given myself a headache. Grumbling to myself, I grind my teeth.
My room is quite chilly, so I turn to my personal fireplace in the corner of my room. I already have wood lying in the hearth. I just devote my attention to my fire connection. Bam. The logs crackles away as flames begin to lick at their bark.
Take that, stupid suitcase! At least I can do something. I think. Just as I address my luggage, the lid of my suitcase flips shut, forcefully, spewing my garments all over the room.
Life is not about how you sing in the sun, it is about how you dance in the rain.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:49 am
Ahnleh says...

Danie

London? Jack the Ripper? I thought, confused. I couldn't stop the small smile that was fighting its way onto my face, though. I loved London; it was so beautiful, especially at night when the streets were lit and the people were relaxed and joyful.

But...wasn't Jack the Ripper that psychotic murderer who was killing women and taking... A chill ran up my spine at the thought, making me shiver uncomfortably. The vice-principle thought that we could take him down? A bunch of bruised and beaten, exhausted girls? Then I remembered last night, how everyone had worked together to beat Jane, and how it had worked.

"Am I the only one who is super confused?" a girl with red hair asked slowly.

"Me," I replied with a small shrug. "But I'm also so pumped. I love London." I smile a little again at her. "What about you?"

"I've never been," she said, kind of defensively. With that, she turned toward the dorms and limped away.

That was strange, I thought, as she turned into the hallway leading to the stairs. I waited a while before following her lead and heading for the dorms to pack.

Liam

"Isabelle," I called, knocking on her door. "IIIIIIsabellllllleee... The vice-principle said you could go. He even said you could go in any first class coffin of your choice."

"Shut up," I heard from the other side of the door.

I smiled, glad I could at the least get her to talk. "Come on, you know I'm just kidding. But seriously, you're coming with us. If you want to that is." I was sure that that last part, if nothing else, would get her to cheer up and come. "Well, we're all getting ready, so if you decide to come-" I broke off as I heard the doorknob click and the door open.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of liberty."
~Jorge Luis Borges

28 Reviews

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:38 pm
Betheny says...

I heard a knocking at my door followed by the muted voice of Liam.
"Isabelle, IIIIIIsabellllllleee... The vice-principle said you could go. He even said you could go in any first class coffin of your choice." I was still annoyed and upset and in no mood for jokes.
"Shut up," I said, to my ears it sounded harsh but he kept going reguardless.
"Come on, you know I'm just kidding. But seriously, you're coming with us. If you want to that is... Well, we're all getting ready, so if you decide to come-" I was already on the other side of the door, and cut him off by opening it.
"Yeah, I can cry," I said as he took a step back from the sight of me, "Thanks for the message, please excuse me I need to go speak with someone," I pushed past him onto the corridor heading towards where I thought Fawn's room is.
"Hey, what's up? I can come with if you want," I easily caught up with me with his long strides. I ground my teeth, then turned it off. Now was not the time to be distracted by emotions.
"Not now Liam, I'll see you later though. Besides you need like an hour to pack, you're worse than girls," My voice seemed a lot calmer than it had been all night. I wondered if he sensed I'd turned 'it' off because he turned and left.

I reached Fawn's room and knocked.
"Hey, Fawn, it's me. You in?" I rested my head against the door. I hadn't bothered to clean myself up on the way here so my cheeks were still streeked with dried blood.
"Yeah, it's unlocked. What do you want?" I twisted the door knob and pushed the door open, walking in I saw that her attention was on a suitcase layed open on her bed.
"I wanted to ask you something, Fawn... You listning?"
"Mmm, what? Yeah," I sighed and grabbed her arm and turned her to face me. There was a subtle raise of her eyebrows but no comment.
"I need to ask you something, and you're the only one I really trust. I'm coming with you to London, I owe you lot that much, but I don't want another mass murder on my concience, especially not that the Nakia-"
"So? What do you want me to do?"
"I want you to stop me, by any means neccassery. As I said, I don't want another mass murder on my head,"
"Why don't you just turn it off, like you are now?" How could she tell? Was it a Knight trick? I don't know, and frankly, I don't really care.
"Because it's no way to live. It's the coward's way out,"

(Hey, is this okay? Sorry to have dumped that on you Amy, but you can always say no, also I'm really sorry if I got your character wrong)
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:41 am
amygabb says...

Fawn

I hadn’t wanted to talk to anyone. But of all the Knights and Nakia, I could tolerate Isabelle. Since I had met her, many, many years ago, I had learned she and I were a lot the same. Isabelle didn’t like to show her emotions very often, however, when she open my door, tears of blood from her eyes were dripping down off her cheeks. Other students and probably most of the Knights would have been startled and a little disgusted my this. But I had known a couple vampires during the war so this didn’t - well, not much did - surprise me.
“Fawn... You listening?" Isabelle grabs my arm and turns me.
Any other day, I would have kicked her out of my room, but something about the forced, blunt, and emotionless tone of her voice stops me.
"I need to ask you something, and you're the only one I really trust. I'm coming with you to London, I owe you lot that much, but I don't want another mass murder on my conscience, especially not that the Nakia-"
"So? What do you want me to do?" I knew about the last time. It wasn’t pretty. The way she says the last sentence makes me wary. I know the last time she couldn’t control herself has hurt Isabelle more than we Knights know.
"I want you to stop me, by any means necessary. As I said, I don't want another mass murder on my head." Her ebony eyes beg with me.
"Why don't you just turn it off, like you are now?"
"Because it's no way to live. It's the coward's way out." She says firmly.
What does Isabelle mean? That not feeling is cowardly? I feel a tiny bubble of something that I haven’t felt in a long time. I almost can’t identify it, it has been dormant for so long. Maybe it is my temper flaring up. “I don’t consider what we’re doing living. But I guess I wouldn’t know, I’ve been, by your standards, a coward my entire life.”
Something shifts in Isabelle’s eyes and an apologetic crease forms between her brows. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that.” She knows what I did in the war. What I was.
I snort, humorlessly, “Whatever, Isabelle. I will stop you if you can’t control yourself... again. Now, get out. I have to pack.”
“Fawn, I -”
I butt in, “I hope you didn’t expect me to hug you and tell you that I love you ‘just the way you are’. I guess you haven’t noticed that I am not a warm and fuzzy person.” Then I tug her by the wrist out of my room and close the door in her pale face.
I was taught, by the generals of our war that raised me, to not feel. Just to do, completely disconnect with my emotions, and do what I was told. Throughout my time with the Durkin army, I struggled to do that. Trying so hard. Now, though, it isn’t a problem. I am exactly what they wanted me to be, cold and calculated. Their secret weapon. I lie down on my mattress and, for the first time, wish I could cry.
Life is not about how you sing in the sun, it is about how you dance in the rain.

31 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:03 pm
FadingBrighter says...

Aden
In some ways he guessed that being emotionless was a good thing. The knights, to some degree, were all thankful for the numbness that came as a curse to them all. It prevented the backfire of their actions during the war from ripping them apart and driving them mad.
But walking along beside Delilah, who was talking away about the Nakia girls and how nice they all were, made him despise the curse she herself had placed upon him. He hated that he could only remember the overwhelming emotion that had once flooded him at the sight of her smile. But at least he could remember.
Noen on the other hand, could not. Perhaps that's why Aden had grown so angry at the knowledge that Aden had trusted that girl so much. He felt sorry for his friend, who had to suffer through the emptiness that Aden lived through for thousands of years. He didn't want Noen to watch the woman he cared for dissapear because he couldn't return her feelings.
"...and now were going to London! I've never been, so I cant wait. Some of the others looked a little distraught, but i'm sure everyone's fine. They must be, knowing how many lives we'll save." Delilah stopped mid-stride, clasping her hands to her heart and closing her eyes. At that moment, she looked more beautiful than Aden had ever seen.
"I'm so thankful I can save them. I'm so thankful for this power I've been blessed with. And I'm sure the Nakia feel the same way. They must." Delilah opened her eyes, reaching into her pocket and popping a candy into her mouth.
"Now let's go pack!"
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:48 pm
Shadowlight says...

Caleb/Hallway:

I walked down the hallway, my blank- as usual. Nothing for centuries had stirred even the glimmer of emotion, feeling in my being and now....Now even when the priestess herself had been resurrected- I felt nothing.

I knew I should feel something, anything- this was a world altering change in the heavenly game of chess. I should feel something; anger, sadness, hope- **** I'd even take guilt or black depression, anything but this unfeelingness that I had been cursed with.

But I deserved it, after the horrors I had seen inflicted, and inflicted myself and yet did nothing- I deserved to burn in eternal agony if that would purge me of my sins.

Suddenly Isabelle rushed past me, tears streaming down her face. I spun around on my heels quickly. Even devoid of any human emotion I still could see that she was upset and needed comfort. The vice principal in my mind had been far to harsh on her. She was a vampire, they had the primal urge to drink blood. and lets face it, we humans- and even we knights were walking meals. I was always struck by how WELL she controlled herself- most of the time. I started after her down the hall.

"Isabelle." I called, she took a quick look over her shoulder and walked faster, sighed- she could be so difficult sometimes. "Isabelle!" I called louder catching her up and seizing her arm, "please." she turned to me, eyes hard- hurt.

"What?" she said acid dripping from her voice, "I'm not having the best day so is there something you need?" I blinked, she usually wasn't this harsh- not with anyone.

I took a deep breath and tried to think of something to say, what could I say? that I understood? that would be a lie and she'd know- I have no idea what she's feeling, I said the only thing I could.

"I can see your upset, b-but I don't know what to do."

(Bethany I hope this is alright with you if not I'll edit.)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

28 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:27 pm
Betheny says...

Isabelle

"Isabelle," I turned to see Caleb walking down the corridor in the opposite direction then carried on my way, walking only a litlle a faster. Of all people I don't think I could contend with Caleb right now, around him I just want to be nice and tell him everything... Not always the best idea... "Isabelle!" He said louder catching up to me and placing a hand on my arm, "Please,"
"What?" I really didn't mean to be quite so crule, "I'm not having the best day so is there someting you need?" Now I know I was bang out of line speaking to a friend like that but the words just fell out of my mouth without any thought behind them. Caleb blinked, I'd upset him or something of the sort. He paused for a while, a worried look on his face obviously thinking on what to say. Was he worried that he would upset me?
"I... I can see your upset, b-but I don't know what to do." I sagged. Everything that had been building up in me just seemed to disipate, and all emotion came flooding back to me. I smiled faintly, a fresh wave of tears running down my face. Someone actually seemed to care.
"Thank-you. I really mean that, and if I'm honest I don't know what you can do either. I don't even know what to do myself," I thought for a second, and it looked as he was about to reply but I jumped in before he had a chance, "Play for me? Please. You're meant to be one of the best musicians in this school, but hardly anyone gets to hear you play..." I tailed off hoping he would say yes.

You sound like you're becoming emotionally involved with the custard.
— Nikki Morgan