z

Young Writers Society

Experimentals (Started/closed)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 am
RedBird says...

Micah,

I'm just settling down when C.K. approaches me. When I tell him he can't have my glasses, he tries to grab them. He manages to pull them off, and I scream in pain as the light hits my eyes. Suddenly, everything is in chaos. Guards are shouting something, and Dr. Grey rushes in, and is stabbed with the pen by C.K. The pen! I'm angry, and by the time Dr. Grey has been taken away, I have the glasses back on, and I'm glaring at C.K. He mumbles stuff about "getting away," but I cut him off.

"What, get away? No, we had a chance, but you just blew it," I snap at him.

A guard storms into the room, asking Isabella and me about what happened. I give him a calm, quantified answer, and he grunts, then leaves. Sighing, I sit down by Isabella again, noticing that C.K. is back in the corner, mumbling to himself.

"So now what?" Isabella mutters, bitterly. I laugh sarcastically.

"We wait until the next experiment, and the next, and the next, until we die, I guess,"

Isabella shakes her head furiously, "No! I refuse to believe that we can't get out of here. There's a way. We can do it. There has to be something more than this!"

I shrug, "Well, if there is, I gave up a long time ago about ever seeing it-," I stop short, remembering something. C.K. wanted to use my glasses to escape. Well, there is a possibility in that...

"What is it?" Isabella asks. I grin.

"I just had another idea!"
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Chirantha says...

Hmm, since both of my characters are currently MIA, can someone bring them back into the story? Please? :D
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:22 pm
apple96 says...

Isabella

I smiled and laughed softly to myself.

"An idea?" I murmered. "Well hopefully it'll end up better than this one did." Micah nodded and looked down at the floor. "Not that that was actually our fault," I added with a slight smile.

"Yeah, we could have gotten out with a lot less fuss," he replied. "But we can try again, we just have to wait for the right time and plan carefully, make sure nothing can go wrong." I nodded and glanced towards the door.

"Besides, we may not be able to get out for a while yet. They know something's wrong with all of us and they'll be on high alert until this whole mess is behind us," I whispered softy. Micah nodded in agreement though he seemed to be thinking about something. I smiled, seems he was already planning what we were going to do.
Last edited by apple96 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:01 pm
*coco says...

Chirantha, I've brought back Dr. Grey. I hope it's okay

Dr. Abrams

Dmitri and Dr. Crawford worked in silence under the operating light. Dr. Grey was conscious and sitting slightly upright on the operating table. Her face was pale from shock and her jaws were clamped together as if to hold down her groans of pain. Dmitri took a cloth from one of the drawers and began to apply pressure to the wound to stem the blood flow. He then removed his lab coat and gently wrapped it around Dr. Grey’s shoulders to keep her warm. After a couple of seconds, the cloth was removed and Dr. Crawford pulled out a pen light and assessed the damage.

“You’re lucky the wound isn’t too deep,” she concluded, turning the light off. She gave Dr. Grey one of her usual cheerful smiles, before adding, “Very lucky indeed.”

Dr. Grey scoffed. “I don’t feel so lucky...”

“We’ll wash the wound, and then bandage it up,” Dmitri said, heading for the sink in the corner. He returned to them with some cotton wool, bandages and a bowl of warm water and then handed them over to Dr. Crawford.

“Which test subject stabbed you?” he asked Dr. Grey.

She said nothing at first. As if she was afraid of the repercussions. “It doesn’t matter...”

“It does matter,” Dmitri pressed, “he attacked a doctor. If he dug that pen in you deeper, you could’ve been seriously injured.”

Again, Dr. Grey said nothing. Finally, several minutes later, she responded. “Subject 24601. I think the other test subjects call him C.K.”

Dmitri nodded and began rubbing his jaw thoughtfully. “Do you know where he is now?”

Dr. Crawford answered this time. “He's probably back in his cell. The guards are probably keeping him there until Mr. Montgomery is informed.”

Dmitri shook his head in dismay. When Mr. Montgomery would find out about this he would show the boy no mercy. As Dmitri watched Dr. Crawford nurse Dr. Grey’s wound, he found himself conflicted more than ever. A part of him knew that the subject deserved what he would get. He tried to kill one of his colleagues, after all. But, there was another part of him, a part he knew he shouldn’t listen to, which understood why this C.K did what he did. His life had been robbed, after all, in order to save other lives. Yet, Mr. Montgomery wouldn’t understand that. He would see the boy as nothing more than a hostile test subject and would have him killed quicker than you could say antiseptic.

Heaving a deep sigh, Dmitri finally came to a decision about what needed to be done.

“Where are you going?” Dr. Crawford asked, pausing bandaging Dr. Grey mid-way, to look up to see him head for the door.

“To see subject 24601,” Dmitri responded, removing his rubber gloves and disposing them on his way out.

He needed to get to him before Mr. Montgomery did.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:56 pm
roostangarar says...

And I've brought back Nimsi. Literally.

Link comes around slowly, like a whale gracefully breaching the surface of the ocean. That's if there were any whales left in the seas. Unlike a whale however, his head is throbbing, his mouth is dry and tastes of vomit, his whole being is swimming in nausea, but for some reason he is no longer strapped to the table. His vision is blurry as he cautiously looks to either side, his head pounding harder with each slight movement. He can make out Nimsi still lying on her table, and mercifully still asleep. He hopes.

"Ahh, you are awake, yes?" The slightly foreign accent of the old Doctor who checked up on him earlier slides its way smoothly into Links ears, yet still increases the thumping of his headache. In response, Link groans; the only sound he feels confidant that he can still make without hurling.

"I shall presume - from the manner that you are conducting yourself in - that you are currently suffering from dehydration, nausea and very mild alcohol poisoning." A smile enters the Doctor's voice as clinking and slight sloshing noises accompany his diagnosis, and he continues, "More commonly known as a hangover I might add."

Link groans again. So this was a hangover! It well and truly sucked, but he imagined it was nothing compared to what Nimsi and Micah had gone through.

He feels a needle prick his skin, and then the Doctor speaks into a voice recorder. "Drug 207 administered by Dr. Von Ray at precisely 10:35 on the 16th of October 2020 to a subject suffering from Veisalgia. Effects shall be monitored unt-" He is interrupted by thudding footsteps, and turns to the sound. A pair of guards run in, and proceed to tell Dr. Von Ray that a subject had assaulted another Doctor.

"Good God!" He cries. Then he runs out with them.

Leaving Link and Nimsi alone.
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:45 pm
Chirantha says...

Okie, thanks guys.

Dr. Grey

She watched as Dr. Abrams left the room. She could see that he was in a dire situation. She knew that if Mr. Montgomery finds out that a subject had stabbed her, he would have him killed without hesitation. She also knew that, if Mr. Montgomery gets to know that Dr. Abrams had talked to the subject without taking any kind of disciplinary action, Dr. Abrams would definitely be loosing his job.

She gasped as Dr. Crawford pressed cotton wool dipped in rubbing alcohol onto her wound. A white hot pain seared through her, nearly making her scream.

"I'm sorry dear." She said, smiling slightly.

Breathing fast, Lily looked at Dr. Crawford as she took a roll of bandages. She then turned to her, blushing slightly, as if she was contemplating on how she's going to say what she wanted to say.

"Umm... Lily, you'll have to remove your blouse..." She murmured, not meeting Lily's eyes.

Lily did as she was told to do, but she was in a trance. She'd suddenly remembered why she went through all this.

Nimsi.

She knew that she was too late to save her from the all-cure. She was probably injected with it while she was lying here unconscious. But she had to check.

"Britt," She called to Dr. Crawford, who was bandaging her, with her eyes carefully averted from Lily's body. Without noticing this unusual behavior, she continued "Were the other subjects injected with the all-cure?"

"Yeah, subject 2341 showed pupil dilation as a side-effect. Most probably, we let TB get hold of him for longer that the required time interval" She replied, putting the finishing touches to the bandage.

"TB doesn't have a reach to the central nervous system, much less the brain and sensory functions. The only reason for pupil dilation, is the all-cure counter-reacting with TB, causing the Iris dilator muscle to stop functioning." Even as she said this, she knew what would happen to Nimsi if she got injected. The drub would react with the venom in her body, targeting the most highly effected body parts. The venom, she knew, attacked the muscular system of the body, and that meant that any adverse reaction from the all-cure would be on her muscles.

She tried to get up, but Dr. Crawford immediately pushed her down onto the bed.

"No Lily. You mustn't stress yourself. Any damaged tissue would get further damaged, if you move."

Lily groaned internally, and sank back onto the bed.

"So, who was the last subject?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Link... I... I mean, subject 01150. He... he told me something... strange. But it's nothing" Dr. Crawford stared at the floor, as Lily fidgeted around to get a better look at her.

"Why? What did he tell you?"

Dr. Crawford looked towards the closed door cautiously, and then sat on the edge of the bed.

"Well, he said..."

*I'll leave this conversation to Gleek* :D
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:48 am
Starrywolf says...

(Sorry for the time between posts.)

Sebastian

C.K. stabbed a doctor with a pen.
A PEN.

Their convoluted plan may have had holes, but there was a chance of it working. And really. He just had to snap and stab one of the nice doctors.

I can't help but feel that we're all screwed.

I haven't moved other than shifting a little for comfort- I hate open spaces, and wish I could say for sure that I always have. When you don't talk, keep to yourself, people don't notice you. I like not being noticed. Keeps my options open.

Anyway, he wanted the sunglasses. That could mean something. Apparently, it meant something to Micah.

He really is insane. C.K., I mean. it's kind of... saddening.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:05 pm
*coco says...

Let me know if this is okay, Searria

Dr. Abrams

Dmitri reached the cells of the test subjects with the frown on his face growing by the second. All around him guards were still present, their weapons still pointing at each one of the subjects as though they’d be stupid enough to try something else. Dmitri took a deep breath and walked up to the guard that he knew the most, the one who he asked to keep an eye out for Micah.

"Johnson," he nodded and the guard nodded back. "Has Mr. Montgomery been informed yet?"

"Nope," Johnson replied, "I didn’t let anyone make a move until we spoke to you first."

"Good," said Dmitri. He peered over his shoulder to see some of the other guards listening in on their conversation. "Get rid of them. I need to speak with subject 24601."

Johnson looked at Dmitri hard. After about a minute, he spoke, "Everyone is expecting the boy to be punished. Killed even, for what he did..."

Dmitri didn’t need any reminding. He knew very well what was expected of him. On a professional level he had to keep up appearances. The last thing he wanted, especially with Mr. Montgomery’s spies arriving soon, is to be seen as a subject sympathiser. He had to be careful, though. He knew that he needed to make sure Mr. Montgomery never found out about what happened, but he had to go about doing that the right way. Without causing any suspicion. Dmitri may be Mr. Montgomery’s best student, but even he knew that when it came to business, Mr. Montgomery was prepared to do whatever it took.

"Just get rid of them," Dmitri reiterated.

"As you wish," Johnson gathered the guards and addressed them all loudly. "Alright, boys, we need to give Dr. Abrams some space to deal with subject 24601. Believe you me, the little runt is going to get a beating that will make him regret the day he was born...more than he already is, mind you..."

And that wasn’t a lie. C.K needed to get bruised up pretty bad, at least to keep up appearances. In any case, a couple of bruises from Johnson were a better option for the boy than a slow and painful death at the hands of Mr. Montgomery.

The guards didn’t seem to be getting the message though, because they still remained standing where they were, weapons still out in aim.

"Dr. Abrams wants to deal with the boy alone," Johnson added sternly, and then the rest of the guards finally lowered their weapons and filed out of the holding area.

Dmitri waited until every single one of them was out of sight before he entered the cells of the test subjects.

Subject 24601, or C.K as he liked to be known as, was sitting alone on one end of the cell. He seemed to have a permanent frown on his face mixed with a hint of satisfaction. Clearly, he held no remorse whatsoever that he had almost stabbed a doctor to death.

Dmitri signalled for Johnson to begin roughing the boy up. In front of all the other test subjects, the guard strolled in and then grabbed C.K by his shirt before slamming his back to the cold concrete wall. There was a thud, screams from a girl test subject and a cracking sound, as Johnson began to lunge heavily into C.K’s stomach and jaw. Dmitri allowed this to continue for at least 5 minutes.

"Stop," he said, taking a good look at C.K. The boy’s face was bloody and swollen, his body crumpled on the floor, hunched in pain. "That much damage should be enough to avoid any suspicion."

"I agree," added Johnson.

Dmitri walked up to the crumpled body and grabbed C.K’s chin so that he could meet his eyes.

"Get the hell off me!" the boy yelled in anger, shoving Dmitri’s hand away.

"You think this is bad?" Dmitri yelled back, eyes like daggers. "I just saved you from getting killed you stupid, stupid boy! What the hell were you thinking stabbing a doctor?"
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

61 Reviews

Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:43 pm
RedBird says...

Micah,

The guards are everywhere, and I don't have the time to tell Isabella, or anyone else, my plan. Then Dr. Abrams comes in with the guard, Johnson. They head straight over to C.K. and start beating him up. I wince with everyone else, apalled at the violence, but I can't help but feel a tiny bit of satisfaction. C.K. had stolen one of our only tools to get out of here, and now we'd lost the opporunity that it presented.
When the guards has finished bashing on C.K., Dr. Abrams grabs the boy by the shirt.

"Get the hell off me!" C.K. yells. Dr. Abrams yells right back.

"You think this is bad? I just saved you from getting killed you stupid, stupid boy! What the hell were you thinking, stabbing a doctor?"

I stand up, and the guard tenses, glaring at me. I clear my throat. Dr. Abrams turns around.

"With all respect, sir," I say, my voice laden with sarcasm, "He was trying, not very effectively, admittedly, to escape. Which, I'll point out, he wouldn't have to do if he wasn't locked in a dark room being experimented on by crazy people who like to think that they know everything-"

Before I can finish, Johns slams the butt of his rifle into the side of my head. I crumple, groaning, clutching the side of my head.

"No!" Dr. Abrams barks, "We don't need more violence."

Isabella looks up angrily at him, "Yeah? Well, the only reason that there's violence is because you treat us like animals! We're people, you know!"

"Don't you understand?" Abrams snarls, "I'm trying to protect you!"

"Yeah, right," I snap, "How 'bout you just let us go? That would probably be the best way to protect us."
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:19 pm
apple96 says...

Isabella

I let out a quiet whimper as the rifle hit Micah's head and closed my eyes as tight as I could.

"We don't need more violence." I heard one of the doctors yell, I laughed bitterly and glared up at the doctor.

"Yeah? Well, the only reason that there's violence is because you treat us like animals! We're people, you know!" I snapped at him before glancing towards Micah who was clutching his head. The Doctors always made me laugh, protecting us they would say . . . well what were they protecting us from, nothing could be worse than this. Micah yelled again, making the Doctor shake his head slightly.

"You just don't understand do you?" Doctor Abrams sighed, still shaking his head.

"I think we understand enough thanks," Micah retorted before recieving another blow to the skull from the Guard.

"No, I said no more violence," Abrams snapped to the Guard before beginning to approach Micah. "Trust me," he murmered softly, "Things here could be worse than they are, I make sure you and your friends are provided for." I let out a bitter chuckle.

"Oh yeah, providing for us, is that what you call it?" I said spitting at him.
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:25 pm
Searria H. says...

~C.K.~

"That's enough!" Dr. Abrams barked. "I want everyone out of here now. If you would be so kind as to monitor the door, Johnson. Oh, and if you would bring me our file on 24601, please."

Johnson nodded and began herding everyone out. The guards each grabbed a test subject and dragged them out of the room, slamming the door behind them. Finally alone, Dr. Abrams sighed and rubbed his forehead wearisomely. He muttered something to the boy, but he didn't respond. C.K. wasn't listening.

Christopher had left. As soon as the door opened, Christopher was the first one to leave, winking back at C.K. on his way out. Anger and pain drove tears to tip over the edges of his swollen, bruised eyelids. Christopher didn't love him. C.K. had done everything Christopher wanted, and it didn't matter. Would it be so bad if Christopher never came back? C.K. lost himself in vague wonderings of how horribly Christopher could die at the hands of the doctors' experiments.

Dr. Abrams cleared his throat. "Listen to me, son. You injured the wrong doctor. Dr. Grey is one of the kindest doctors here. She even hesitated to tell me which subject had stabbed her. I want you to know that I understand what may have driven you to do it. Believe me, though. When Mr. Montgomery finds out, he will not be so lenient."

C.K. gazed ahead of him blankly. He was imagining Christopher strapped to a table, bleeding, screaming, suffering. C.K. had never heard Christopher screamed. He wondered what it would sound like.

A brisk knock on the door startled C.K. back to reality. Johnson appeared, handed a thick file to Dr. Abrams and resumed his post outside the door.

"Let's see here," Dr. Abrams muttered, flipping through the files.

"It wasn't my fault," C.K. mumbled. "I didn't want to. I wouldn't have, but I was afraid he'd leave me."

"Who would leave you, son?"

C.K. frowned. Christopher would be angry. And C.K. wouldn't be able to get rid of him. Christopher always came back. But if Dr. Abrams knew...

"Christopher," C.K. yelled, his voice gushing forth simultaneously with his tears as if an internal dam had been holding them both back.

"Calm down, son. Tell me about Christopher. What is his subject number?"

The question struck him. He didn't know Christopher's number. In fact, he wasn't sure Christopher had one at all. Seeing that he would get know answer, Dr. Abrams continued, "Does he have a last name?"

"Kelly. Christopher Kelly." C.K. frowned again. Christopher had never told him his last name, yet it sounded so familiar, so - so right.

Dr. Abrams raised his eyebrows and flipped back to the first page in the file. "Christopher Kelly, you said?"

The boy nodded. Dr. Abrams shut the file with a smack and quickly exited the room.

C.K. tried to tuck his knees up to his chest, but he found that every movement hurt. He settled for tugging at his beard.

Christopher was going to be very angry when he came back.

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:58 pm
gleek456 says...

Guys, I'm so sorry! But I'm a bit busy with other SBs and some events that came up, so I have to quit. I'm so so so so sorry! It's been fun writing with you guys. Have fun! :( :)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:12 pm
View Likes
roostangarar says...

Well. Someone's going to have to take over Dr. Crawford. She is kind of a pivotal character in the story. A new member mayhaps?
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:41 am
Firestalker says...

Hello!!

:) Hey Sea... and everyone else :P

Er... so... I've been... kinda... stalking you (which comes as no surprise I hope)... or more specifically, stalking the storybook... soo... I noticed your conundrum and thought I'd drop by... What I'm trying to say in the most kind and inventive and somewhat precocious way is that - "Dibs on Dr. Crawford!"

Course I'll be creating a character as well... assuming that RedBird's okay with there being a stalker and him requesting permission to join... *cough*

Anyways... hey! again...

and bye.... for now... hopefully... :P
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

61 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 am
RedBird says...

That's totally awesome...just post your profile on the DT and read over Dr. Crawford's profile, and you should be good!
~Snape, AVPM

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice