z

Young Writers Society

The Mirror's Curse (full!)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:01 pm
VuzzyCat says...

Kyler

Self-righteous? I frowned. I had begun to walk away, but then I realized I didn't have a horse. That stupid lizard ate it. So, I guess I was stuck with these bickering milk-maids. And now, worse of all, I was using the same words as the other high fae. Brilliant.

"Alright," I said loudly. "Anybody have a plan?" We were silent again. Great. I looked at everyone's faces as they tried to think.

"Okay, I've been tracking the mirror for a while and the last time I saw it, it was going south. I think we need to head that direction." I waited for aproval, which of course, I didnt get.

"And which way is that?" asked the other High Fae.

I turned and walked south. "This way."

"And how do you know?" she asked again. I ignored her and kept walking.
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 pm
icebender28 says...

Aritha:

"What a stupid know-it-all." I said, talking about Kyler. "You know what, you can look South if you want, but I'm heading West. I've got a lead on where the cursed mirror is. So," I said, stiill grumpy after the lizard, "You can follow him, or me. I really don't care." I turned around and began to walk West, when i felt someone's hand on my shoulder.
I swirled around to see... no one.
"Who touched me?"
"What are you talking about?" The Nymph asked.
I shook my head and turned back around and out of the clearing. A few feet away, I pulled out a sword of shadow I had once created, and began slashing at trees, withering them away with every touch. "What a bunch of weirdos." I said with more feeling than matched the words.
Life is to be lived, not survived.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:21 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

Kyler began walking away from us and towards where he thinks is South. I quickly follow.

"Might as well see if he's right," I said to the group. I began walking behind Kyler and away from my Springs. Hopefully they'll follow and we won't encounter anything dangerous. I quickly catch up to Kyler.

"I hope you're right about this," I said to Kyler sternly.

"Trust me, I know where we're going," he replied.

"One can hope," I mutter to myself.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:24 pm
SubjectBlue says...

"Hey, birdie, are you coming or what?" I said, taking to the skies
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:32 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo Haruon:

“Well this is an interesting turn of events.” I said to no one in particular for after the two winged members of our late group left, I was left standing alone in the clearing. Rosalie and Kylar were almost out of sight among the trees and Aritha was completely gone.

I wanted to follow Kylar and Rosalie, but I couldn't just leave Aritha to wander alone, she was just a kid after all. Besides she wasn't well, I could sense it, death hung around her almost as badly as around me!

“Damnation!” I growled and once again started my lonely crashing through the underbrush, but this time after Aritha. Maybe I could find a way to get her to follow the others.

(wow things happened really fast! I stepped away for a minute and whoosh! XD)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:38 pm
SubjectBlue says...

I watched the annoying reaper starting to run, he might have been an irritating self-righteous bastard, but I wasn't going to leave him with that lunatic, that had two ending scenarios
A. He kills her
B. She kills him
Unacceptable, I had a score to settle with both of them.
I dived, then grabbed him in my claws- "It's faster this way" was the only explanation I gave him
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:51 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

(Blue I love you and Hector! XD)

Itaeo Haruon:

I love how destiny and fate don't seem to give a rats behind whether I like their intervening or not.

One moment I was running on my own to feet then with a horribly bone shattering jerk I was high above the trees hanging by one arm.

“Holy Heaven!” I shouted my insides jugging giddily, I was never good with heights.

“It's faster this way.” was the only explanation Hector gave and his leathery wing beat the air rhythmically. It took me only a moment to realized he was following the line I had been taking towards Aritha- I smiled.

“You know Hector? Your not that bad, in fact I'd go so far as to say of all the dragons I've met your by far my favorite. You didn't barbecued me on sight, that means a lot to me.” he grinned and banked slightly to the left, my insides jigged again.

“Come on now farmer, don't get all sentimental on me, your going to get me all choked up.” he was mocking me again but this time I didn't mind.

“Um Hector,” I said after a pause. “I don't do very well with heights so if I loose my stomach please don't take it personally.” the next thing I knew that blasted dragon had me by my ankles!

“There, now you won't make a mess farmer.” he said coolly. The only thing left for me to do was what I did next.

I cursed and shouted at him in every language calling him the worst names I could think of. He just laughed.

I hate dragons...

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:56 pm
SubjectBlue says...

That's what I call a worthy game, after the smelly reaper started to get touchy, he got sick, I decided he was smelly enough as it is.
He cursed me in several languages, but his face were down and his legs up, that was enough for me. The fun part- the really fun part- was that the annoying bird was bellow and behind me, it went straight to his face.
That's what I call two birds in one stone I thought, grinning

For Free!
topic86079.html

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 pm
icebender28 says...

Aritha:

The lizard flew above me, and dropped Itaeo next to me. "Well, I'm glad some of you aren't idiots." I said without stopping.
"I only came because I think that we should follow Kyler." Itaeo said.
"Well then, I take back my last statement. I told you, I may know where the mirror is, and I'm not following some know-it-all freak." it was silent.
yes, go your own way. Who needs them? The Voice slithered into my ear. I stopped and turned around.
"What's wrong?" Itaeo asked.
"Nothing." I snapped and began walking towards where Kyler and the others should have been right about then.
"Where are you going?" Itaeo asked incredulously.
"Towards the others." And Kyler.
The Grim Reaper walked up next to me. "What changed your mind?"
"The Voice." I said, and jumped up into the treetops. I wanted to be alone.

*(Hope I did Itaeo okay!)*
Life is to be lived, not survived.

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:40 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo Haruon

Hectors never going to let me live it down that I lost my lunch and the griffin will probably rip out my insides once he gets a chance for loosing it on his head. I had that happen once, not pleasant at all.

Hector was just laughing at me. Over sized scaly slug! I curse under my breath. All the blood was rushing to my face.

“Hector do you mind turning me right ways? I've already gotten sick I highly doubt I'll do it again.” he grinned evilly, not a good sign.

“You'll be able to spot that girl better like that.” that did make sense.

“Oh alright-” then I realized, dragons can see for miles- he didn't need me to be looking!

“You son of a-” Hector dropped me.

I fell through the trees hitting branches and breaking a few bones on the way down but managed not to scream like a girl and to land on my feet near Aritha.

She didn't want to follow the others once I had asked, but then her head gave a small tick and she just started following them.

“What changed your mind?” I asked as Hector landed with a surprising amount of grace.

“The voice.” Aritha said dismally and jumped into a tree.

“Well then.” I shrugged turning to Hector.

(you did a fine job with itaeo)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Alekan

I only barely managed to avoid the falling body of the death mage. He managed to land on his feet, but with broken bones.

"What changed your mind?" Itaeo asked Hector.

"The voice," Aritha said, before she jumped into a tree.

"Well then," he shrugged, looking toward Hector.

"Stay still, you've got some broken bones," I said. I fetched a bottle from my bag and poured some of it's contents on my steel talons. I turned back towards Itaeo.

"This is going to hurt you more than it's going to hurt me," I warned him. Then, with a sudden thrust, I stabbed Hector in the tail. Hector just laughed.

"Alright birdie, you asked-" he didn't finish the sentence. I had poisoned my talons with a powerful and fast acting paralytic. He fell to the ground, conscious, but paralyzed.

"I am no mere bird, nor am I a fowl. Nor will I allow you to drop people from great height for fun. I am a gryphon ambassador and the dragon matron herself taught me how to kill dragons that are better than you, renegade. Think about that while I deal with Itaeo," I told the motionless Hector. I then went over to him and pulled out another potion.

"That felt good. Drink this, it's a healing potion. Don't call me bird-boy ever again," I said. He gave me a suspicious look, but drank anyway. He grimaced as the potion took effect. The potion would undo the pain of the fall, but that meant that the user had to feel the pain all over again.

"I told you it would hurt you more than it would me," I said.

"Sorry for vomiting on you and calling you bird-boy."

"I'll accept your apology if you tell me more about this mirror and what it does," I said.

"What about Hector?"

"He should regain his ability to blink in about twenty minutes or so. That's just enough time for me to wash the vomit off and for a story on the mirror. After that, I'll drug him with a truth serum and ask him if he is ready to help us. If not, then he can wait the full day it takes for the rest of the paralytic to wear off." A day paralyzed on the forest floor wouldn't be good for anything, even a dragon. The forest was never kind to the helpless.

(Alekan is diplomatic, not a push-over.)
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

83 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 am
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

I almost laughed at his little talons, doesn't the bird knows the power of dragon scales? without mentioning the amount of poison unfit to harm a cat.
and who was this matron he was talking about? Dragons have no hierarchy, except from the small ones of course, He probably met an over sized kobold (dragon word for the small ones, kobold are ranging between the size of a cat to the size of a human- the translation of the word is 'rusher' or 'sprinter') but us he looked at me for ten seconds I realized his plan, let the enemy tell you his plans on his own...

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

thanks guys!
Last edited by Shadowlight on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

83 Reviews

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:37 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Knock yourself out

For Free!
topic86079.html

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm
sylverdawn says...

*I'm almost completely caught up now. Will post shortly, I'm starting with Rhyder still on his own now.*
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart