z

Young Writers Society

The space/time bar and grill

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 am
TheAlphaBunny says...

"Go on," my opponent insisted, gesturing to me with his wielded blade. "Make the first move."
A soft smile curled my lips as I looked him over: tall, hardened, tired, a gleaming dagger in his grip. Armed and ready to fight, no longer huddling behind his coat collar and making jibes at my age and attitude, I found I could respect him a little more. Maybe I'd go a little easy on 'im.
Shifting my still lit cigarette to the corner of my mouth, I rolled my shoulders to loosen up, tested my grip on my trusty knife, then said, "Kay, babe. Your call."
Bouncing back on the balls of my feet, I sprung forward in an attack so forward and obvious it was almost painful to execute. The mam seemed incredibly unimpressed as he blocked each of my thrusts, whether from low or coming down, and his expression remained static. I picked up pace a bit, faking more of my jabs and throwing a punch or two. Pleasingly, my opponent wasn't a worthless flesh sack, and he kept up with me effortlessly as our blades clashed. We had moved away from the bar in our taunting hustle, catching a few stares from bystanders. I wanted to giggle; I was having almost too much fun with this guy.
When I let a chuckle slip as I was forced to duck low as his free hand came flying at me in a fist, the man shot me a questioning look.
"Why on earth are you laughing, girl?" he growled, not finding nearly as much amusement as I in this brawl.
I hopped back as his foot came up to meet me in the gut, and I replied, "Because, mister, you're a better opponent than I would've thought. Especially for an old guy." I winked at him, and his lip curled. He made no advance, and we just stood, glaring at each other.
"Enough games," he said, slipping into an offensive posture. "I'm tired of dealing with such a troublesome brat."
I gasped, feigning hurt. "Me? Troublesome? I thought we had really hit it off!" And I lunged, pulling my arm back as if to thrust the tip of my knife directly into his eye socket.
He prepared to defend, just like every other time, but before he could block any attack, I stopped, spun on my heel, and twisted, bringing around my booted foot in a wide arch. He barely registered my fake before my foot collided with the left side of his face, the trained force knocking him clear off his feet and into a table off to my left.
"I can have oodles of charm when I want to." --Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:55 pm
Skull3670 says...

Mikael

"Well Miss Bellimore, i do believe in this case it is ladies first." I smiled holding open the door to the cell.
"You must see you cannot win. Even if by some insane luck you do best me, the council will not stand for it. They will just send more like me."
"And i will best them. You seem to forget youngling, i survived the Purges. I watch the Court fall apart, wither and die. I am the Earthmover. Now i will say once more laides first." I stood calmly by the door.
"So be it." She seethed stepping into the cell.
"You fool," i laughed slamming the door. "Mr Wink no one is to go in or out. We'll see how she how she feels after a few days. Now if you'll excuse me those people seem to be trying to kill each other." I turned and strode towards the fight.
"Now now thats quite enough of tha..ahh!" I cried ducking out the way of a flying knife.
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:26 am
WrittenInStone says...

Aurelia Bellomore

I watch as he slams the door closed, and I realize that he has in fact bested me. A few days, I ponder, without blood. Being as old as I am, then it shall be a very painful few days. "You fool, Mikeal. I should hope to see your rotting pile of decay someday soon."

Zeal-

I see stars.
My visions grows dim and I am forced to see through a tunnel, though after a moment I clear my head and lunge at her with the knife just as the owner of the place comes waltzing up to us.
"Get our of the way." I grunt as I lunge forward, but she dances away.
The girl's steps are light, like she is dancing on ice as she evades and attacks.
I am one with the blade as I meet her blows with my own, I will not give up until she is dead or has declared truce.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

33 Reviews

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:46 am
TheAlphaBunny says...

I shot a glance at the owner as he approached, wondering vaguely if I'd be taking on another opponent, but then my current rival growled, "Get out of our way." I grinned to my self at his aggressiveness and flitted backwards and away from his complex lunges and jabs of his blade.
"You're a persistent fellow," I commented as his empty hand swung around to launch a fist at me. I ducked, twisted out of the way, and placed my knife between my teeth so my hands were free as we began to throw volleys of punches and kicks.
"And you're a nuisance," he replied dryly, swinging a kick to my neck. I absorbed the blow with raised forearms, but the force knocked me back onto my butt.
"Oomph," I grunted upon my graceless descent. I had clenched my jaw with the impact and could taste the metal of my blade between my lips as well as some blood from where the sharpened edge had cut into the side of my mouth.
"A knife doesn't do you a lot of good between your teeth, girl. You've got a little blood on your lip," my opponent said, looming over me as he glared down his nose. I narrowed my eyes as I pressed my palms down to spring back to my feet, but before I could lunge, he lurched forward, and a sharp pain exploded in my hand, shooting up my arm from fingertip to shoulder.
I cursed loudly, and pulled away from his booted foot that had come down upon my bare hand. Rolling away, I spat out my knife and cradled my hand to my chest, certain something was broken.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:59 am
WrittenInStone says...

Zeal -

I watched through narrowed green eyes as she cradled her hand to her chest.
"Are you finished with this nonsense, girl?" I demand of her, I was tired but not enough to be slow in a battle.
I folded my arms across my chest, I felt no pity nor sympathy towards the girl. There are times when you've got to fight dirty to beat the nuissances.
"Why should I be finished? I would be a disgrace of my people." she tells me and I shrug.
"Rather a disgrace then dead.." I say bluntly, and she makes a face.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

33 Reviews

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:01 pm
TheAlphaBunny says...

I barked a laugh. "You're kidding right?" I scoffed as I hobbled to my feet, lowering my injured hand. I bent over to retrieve my discarded weapon, a sly grin on my lips. "You think you can kill me? Whatever. I'd enjoy witnessing that attempt. Maybe you can get in a couple cheap shots--" I lifted my bruising hand and waggled my fingers tauntingly "--but you'll be able to do little more. Better men than you have tried, trust me."
An eyebrow raised above one narrowed eye as he sized me up. After a moment of thought he asked, "Girl, what is your name?"
"Izclidelle Deitrich," I responded in turn. "And yours? I would like to know what will need to be engraved upon your tombstone."

5 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Skull3670 says...

Mikael

"Right thats quite enough," i growled. "Last orders at the bar please. Mr Wink would you please ensure that any subsequent violent disturbances are directed outside."
"Yes Boss." He grinned tusks glinting.
"Alas patrons i must retire. I bid you adeu. Tomorrow buisness shall return as usual. Until then thank you and enjoy this. The last few hours of the very first night of the Time/Space Bar and Grill!"
I have looked into the eye of the storm and stared it down. I am an adrenaline junky and i know no fear.

33 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:40 am
TheAlphaBunny says...

Before my opponent could reply, the owner of the bar announced its closing, prematurely ending our fun.
I chuckled and rubbed the back of my head. "Well, my friend. It seems we'll have to end this another time."
He just glared, seeming a little peeved at being interrupted. I ginned as I placed my switchblade back in its place on my thigh. I offered the man a curt salute."Auf weidersehen!"
I turned toward the door, rolling my shoulder to loosen up some of the tense muscle and offering a nod to the tusked guard assuring everyone's leave now that the patron had vacated the establishment.
What an interesting evening, I mused as I stepped out into the night, but I stopped mid step not far from the bar entrance. I frowned to myself.
"Shoulda' asked that guy for a cigarette," I muttered, then shaking my head in disappointment, began the trek home.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:02 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Cat: exiled

I watched in silence until the owner announced it was time to leave. Closing my eyes, I breathedfor a mintue and then stood, My waist length hair falling down my back as I strode to the door. I could feel stares on me as I left, so I turned and shot a few glares. I hated wearing clothes, so I normally just wore a pair of skin tight leather pants and a leather bra. Easier to move in. Still glaring, I turned to walk out the door nearly ran into someone. I muttered and "Excuse you" and walked out the door, barley giving a nod to the doorman and continued down the street. I hated the night, but I prefered it to the day. Slipping my knife out of is hiding place, I crept silently in the shadows to my apartment. I felt someone following me so I turned and faced whoever, hiding my knife in the waist band of my pants.

"What the hell do you want?"

*Anyone can come in*
"Hello, is this thing on?"

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Sat May 21, 2011 1:51 am
freewritersavvy says...

Anyone

"What do you think, beautiful, I am here to kill you." The man smiled darkly, his eyes gleaming in the faint light.

*Someone jump in*
http://www.isiseiyr.com
~When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. ~ George Carver

Writing...they claim it is a dangerous occupation... 'they' have no idea!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat May 21, 2011 1:56 am
kjr5horses says...

Someone

He waited in the shadows, watching the scene.

How amusing...hmmm what to do next?

He smiled darkly, waiting to see what would happen to the woman next.
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Sat May 21, 2011 6:30 am
Paracosm says...

*Silos Crowfang from an upcoming steampunk release by me!

"Well! Now that I'm out of that rancid jar and reunited by with my body, who has the Everchanging Book of Spells?" Silos says as he pours fresh water into his arm, fueling it for a few more hours. "Give it up or there'll be trouble!"
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat May 28, 2011 3:46 pm
SisterItaly says...

Little Templer - The Templer series

I blinked as I walked into the little... weird place. Book of what? Whatever. I scurried to find a seat in the corner, away from the action. There was something that set me off about this lot. I didn't suspect them of being hitmen, like Rhode, but I could smell a fight from a mile off.

I tugged at my bright white clothing, almost wishing I had something to help me blend in with the crowd. It wasn't often Templers came out of their temples, but when you have a hitman who's trying to kill you for reasons unknown, you make an exception.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

5 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 10:09 am
Skull3670 says...

Mikael Eisenstein

Thanks to the miracle that is a building existing outside of a fixed point in time and space it was soon opening time again.
"Now Mr Wink, i need to you be extra vigilant today. The opening night went well but this place is seeing a little more trouble than i am comfortable with. Especially since this new upstart Vampire Council are trying to stick their noses in it." I sighed. I had seen the original council be destroyed, escaped the Purges and survived over 500 years and still they considered themselves my superiors.
"Yes Boss," replied Wink grinning, tusks gleaming slightly more than usual.
"Why Mr Wink, have you ... washed?" I stared at him like a man would stare at a baby that had just turned into waffles.
"Yes Boss and me having clothesies maked. Me a proper door man." He looked almost proud.
"Well done Mr Wink. Remind me to give you a raise."

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 am
AliAmiUmi says...

Amelia walked into the building with a group that consisted of her two younger sisters, and 3 best friends. They walked straight up to the bar and began ordering their drinks. "Two lemonades for the minors, a bloody mary for me, a vesper for the brunette, margarita for the strawberry haired one, and a Sake Manhattan for the watermelon haired girl." Amelia said, pulling out her wallet.
"Amelia, why'd we have to come here? You know Alison doesn't like bars." Ami, the second oldest sister with waist length purple hair, said as a short girl with tri-colored hair clung to her older sister. "Because I have to watch you guys, and it just had to be on the day that Jesse, Kailey, Bailey and I had plans." Amelia said, shaking her blue highlighted bangs out of her eyes. "Go, make some friends. I'm sure theres someone who'd wanna talk to you guys."
"But..." Alison said, scanning the empty room.
"Theres no one here, Amelia." Ami said, exasperated.
"People will be here soon," Amelia tried to reason, accepting the drinks from the bar tender.She passed her younger sisters the glasses of lemonade "In the mean time, why don't you guys go get a table?"
Ami walked off, Alison clinging to her jacket sleeve, and found a seat away from the bar.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
— Winston Churchill