57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:18 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Tess

My eyes went wide. "I, uh, I don't, uh, sing. Just tumbling."

"C'mon Tess, I wanna hear how you sound!"

"I could sing in the car!"

"She's next!" Ricky yelled, yanking my hand in the air. I squeaked out a 'what?!' and stared at him as he dragged me onto the stage and nudged the mic stand in front of me. I managed a breathy giggle as a spotlight swept over. Ricky waved his hand forward. I swallowed.

"Use Somebody Acoustic, Paramore mix, please."

"Gotcha," the dj replied, and then... I was singing.

"I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see, painted faces fill the places I can't reach. You know that I could use somebody, you know that I could use somebody,"

My voice wasn't anything like Danny's powerhouse, melt-you-to-the-bone sound. Mine was a more soft, almost husky, more jazzy sound. Which was weird, since I hated most jazz.

"Someone like you and all you know and how you speak. Countless lovers under cover of the street. You know that I could use somebody, you know that I could use somebody... someone like you!"

I looked at Ricky now, smiling.

"Off in the night while you live it up I'm off to sleep, waging wars to shake the poet and the beat. I hope it's gonna make you notice, I hope it's gonna make you notice... Someone like me, someone like me! Someone like me, somebody!"

I was actually enjoying this, even though I could feel Danny's glare beating into my skull. Ricky's beam made up for that, and my voice didn't sound as bad as when Laurie convinced me to sing in the gym.

"I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now! Someone like you, somebody! Someone like you, somebody! Someone like you, somebody! I've been roaming around, I was looking down at all I see..." I closed the song softly, slipping the mic back in the mic stand and taking a quick bow before rushing offstage.

"Tess, that was good!"

"Meh, well, Danny's better."

"Oh, hush."

I smirked at his words and leaned into him again.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

Reviews: 4
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:31 pm
MayApple says...

Alan

The karaoke was going great. I clapped, a lot. Two singers from VI went, and then another girl. She was pretty good. Out of the three, the boy was the best, hands down.

"I'd sing, but they'd laugh," I said to Ollette," but I'd bet you have a pretty voice. Isn' it a rule that all pretty girls have pretty voices?" I laughed, and she shook her head with a smile.

"No, it's not." She said after a minute. I shrugged, it didn't matter. "And they wouldn't laugh," she said.

"Yes, they would. It's the nature of freaks like this." She laughed again. Once a girl started singing a slow song, we danced again. It as nice, just us too dancing. For once, I was actually scoring with a girl. Let's just see how long that lasted.

((sorry it's short))
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:34 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Lorelai:

After someone sang a slow song I immediately jumped up and grabbed the mic from them. After clearing my throat I said "I'm going to be singing Cryin, Aerosmith."

When the music started I made smiled brightly as I waited for my cue. I'd been singing this song for ages so I've basically perfected it.

There was a time
When I was so broken hearted
Love wasn't much of a friend of mine
The tables have turned, yeah
'Cause me and them ways have parted
That kind of love was the killin' kind
Now listen
All I want is someone I can't resist
I know all I need to know by the way that I got kissed

I was cryin' when I met you
Now I'm tryin' to forget you
Love is sweet misery
I was cryin' just to get you
Now I'm dyin' cause I let you
Do what you do - down on me

Now there's not even breathin' room
Between pleasure and pain
Yeah you cry when we're makin' love
Must be one and the same

It's down on me
Yeah I got to tell you one thing
It's been on my mind
Girl I gotta say
We're partners in crime
You got that certain something
What you give to me
Takes my breath away
Now the word out on the street
Is the devil's in your kiss
If our love goes up in flames
It's a fire I can't resist

Your love is sweet misery
Do what you do to me

'Cause what you got inside
Ain't where your love should stay
Yeah, our love, sweet love, ain't love
If you give your heart away

Now I'm dyin' just to let you
Do what you do what you do down to me,
baby, baby, baby

Do what you do down to , down to, down to, down to
Now I'm dyin' to forget you
Your love is sweet

When I finished people were cheering and clapping like crazy.
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:44 am
RayneChild says...

Bridgette

Lorelai came bounding down off the stage towards me and I smiled brightly at her.

"That was really good!" I cried over the still-clapping audience.

"Thanks," she said with a smile. "Okay, your turn!"

My smile started to fall. I was a country-only singer, and the only song I wanted to sing was by the same artist I chose for my audition, Carrie Underwood. "Well, I dunno."

Lorelai became surprised. "What?!" She cried. "No fair! I went, it's your turn now!"

I sighed. "Who's next?" A man asked.

Lorelai nudged me towards the stage. I sighed again. "Me." The crowd clapped as I stepped up. "You Won't Find This, by Carrie Underwood," I said to the DJ. He nodded and looked up the song. I shot a look at Lorelai and she was smiling excitedly. I tapped my fingers on the mic when the music started.

Did you check the tires
Put gas in the car
Don't think you need too much, 'cause you ain't gonna get that far
Did you pack the good times
Don't forget a map
Just in case the route you take isn't there to take you back

You can hold any girl that you like
Fall in love when it's easy at night
But, you'll wake up wondering why she ain't ever something better
When you're lost and you've run out of road
Find what I already know
In the end, close is all there is
But you won't find this
No, you won't find this

There's once in a lifetime
And there's once in a while
And the difference between the two is about a million miles
Oh, you might get lucky while the moon is looking up
But in the truth of the morning, the stars will be long gone

Find what I already know
But you won't find this

I swayed with the music during the break.

Find what I already know
Oh, in the end, it's me you're going to miss
'Cause you won't find this
Oh, you won't find this

The crowd whistled and cheered when the song ended. I smiled a little and put the mic back and made my way slowly and carefully down the steps. Yeah, couples, that song was dedicated to you.
Singing: It's more than my forte; it's my fortissimo
---
They say "Guns don't kill people. People kill people."
Well, I think guns help. If you just stand there and yell BANG I don't think you're going to kill too many people...

Reviews: 1
Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:15 pm
Fox says...

Sorry I've been gone so long. My computer crashed. Can someone please tell me what I missed, or at least what's going on???
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 pm
Kaywiia says...

They are stilll at the dance...
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:23 am
Fox says...

Olette

"Yes, they would. It's the nature of freaks like this." Alan said. I laughed. I was surprised to find myself actually having fun.

The man returned to the stage. "Any other takers?" he asked. I raised my hand and pointed it at Alan. "You, young man?!"

"What, no! Not me!" he said.

"C'mon. Don't be shy." I gave him a little push forward.

"Fine." he said with a sigh. I smiled, glad I had won. "But you're going on after me. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back, my smile fading.

"Never mind, you don't have to go." I said. He chuckled.

"Too late." He pulled away and walked to the stage. I hit my forehead with my hand. He took the mike out of the guys hand. "1234, by the Plain White T's, he said to the DJ, who nodded and started looking for the song. He quickly found it and pointed to Alan, who nodded, getting ready. "1-2-1-2-3-4" He said, then the music started to play.

"Give me more loving than I’ve ever had
Make me feel better when I’m feeling sad
Tell me I’m special even though I know I’m not"

My mouth feel open. He was amazing! What was he talking about?! If anybody laughed at his singing, they'd be crazy.

"Make me feel good when I hurt so bad
Barely getting mad
I’m so glad I found you
I love being around you"

He smiled at me, and I couldn't help but smile back, blushing a little.

"You make it easy
Its as easy as 1-2-1-2-3-4
There’s only one thing
To Do
Three words
For you
(I love you) I love you
There’s only one way to say
Those three words
That’s what I’ll do
(I love you) I love you
Give me more loving from the very start
Piece me back together when I fall apart
Tell me things you never even tell your closest friends
Make me feel good when I hurt so bad
You’re the best that I’ve had
And I’m so glad I found you
I love being around you
You make it easy
It’s easy as 1-2-1-2-3-4
There’s only one thing
To Do
Three words
For you
(I love you) I love you
Those three words
That’s what I’ll do
(I love you) I love you
(I love you) I love you
You make it easy
It’s easy as 1 2 1 2 3 4
There’s only one thing
To Do
Three words
For you
(I love you) I love you
Those three words
That’s what I’ll do
(I love you) I love you
(I love you) I love you
1-2-3-4
I love you
(I love you) I love you"

When he finished the song, he quickly bowed, then hurried off the stage. People clapped and cheered. "See, I told you I wasn't good." he said. I hit his arm.

"What are you talking about? That was amazing." I said. He smiled. I hoped he had forgotten about making me sing next.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:28 pm
Fox says...

I'm surprised this died! It was a going really well.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:24 pm
Kaywiia says...

Ricky

"Meh, well, Danny's better." Tess shrugged, and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, hush." I siad, and she leaned back into me. We started dancing a bit, moving from side to side in tune with the music. I wrapped my arms around her, then brought my lips close to her ear.

"Besides," I whispered to her, "your not a singer. And that's a good thing. After my experiences with Danny and a few other girls, I am convinced all female singers are complete bitches." Tess laughed.

"Maybe not all of them," Tess mumbled.

"But enough. Your not, though, and that's all that matters." I pressed my lips to hers, and then broke off with a chuckle. I looked over at Danny, who was shoving some poor guy around. I wondered for a minute what he had done to her.

57 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:49 pm

Tess

In, out, in, out, breathe, breathe, breathe.

Is it odd that I'm using the mantra chanted when one of the squad messes up terribly for after my first kiss? Doesn't matter. I gulped subtly and ran my fingers down the stem of the yellow rose, tucked in my sash. Even with a gymnast's balance, I felt like I could've fallen over with a feather's touch. That was... out of nowhere. But enjoyable. Certainly memorable.

And then it hit me. My eyes frantically ripped apart the room, watching for cameras. Had they caught that? Was it too brief too see? I wouldn't doubt it. More girls were singing now, very well- here for singing, no doubt. And that was why I could stand Ricky- a dancer, not a singer. Though I was going to make him sing again, lock him a recording studio if I had to. But anyway.

I hummed the melody the girl now was singing, the cheerleader in me making my head bob perkily. And with that, my hand tightened on Ricky's. He winced and turned to me.

"Any reason I'm losing circulation?"

"Uh... don't tell Danny I'm in cheer, okay?"

"Why?"

"Just don't."

I don't think Danny would like her groupmate going out with a girl who defied her, much less one who was a cheerleader. I was fairly certain she was one of the types who believed the stereotypes whole-heartedly. Ricky raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"Sure thing."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

42 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:48 am
Kaywiia says...

I'm gonna move this along a little.

Ricky

The rest of the night passed in a blur until the DJ officially ended the party. I walked Tess out to the car, and opened her door for her as she stepped into the passenger seat. I yawned, and got into the drivers side.

"What a party," I sighed.

"You have no idea," Tess laughed.

"Danny'll be sure to have us all up early tomorrow morning. Probably penalty for me. I think she left early because no one would dance with her. I'm not surprised. I am surprised, however, I didn't have to pry you from a group of boys who all desperately wanted you to dance with them. I was sure, looking the way you do, I would at least be fighting one guy." I looked over at her, "But I get to keep you all for myself."

Danny

Stupid, untalented son of a bitch. Those weren't among the worst of the thoughts I had about Ricky, and his idiot date, the whole night. I had left at about ten o'clock, because I didn't want to be tired the next day. I was getting up at five, and no one could stop me.

Suddenly, my cell phone rang.

"What Sean?' I demanded.

"Didn't you hear, some car crashed? One of our people was in it. Someone from America's Got Talent. They are taking them to the hospital now,"

"Who was it?" my eyes widened suddenly.'

******can be anyone, doesn't even have to be one of the characters. Just thought I'd add a twist. Heck, it could even be Ricky and Tess. I really don't care******

Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:58 am
Fox says...

Olette

"That was definitely the bast night of my life!" I said as Alan and I drove back from the dance.

"I'm glad you had fun." he said. "And you're not too bad of a singer." he added, but I could tell he was lying. I couldn't help but laugh a little, though.

"Are you kidding me?! I was off key the whole time! I actually got booed!"

"People clapped for you." he argued.

"They were glad I was done!" I said. We both started laughing. It was true, but I didn't care. That's why I stuck to instruments. I sighed, but didn't let the smile slip even the slightest bit off my face. "I really did have fun. Thank you." I said. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. He smiled, and I smiled too...

The next thing I knew, I was in the hospital.

((If you guys think it would me more dramatic if Tess and Ricky had gotten in the crash, I agree. Just tell me, and I won't mind changing this.))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Reviews: 4
Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:12 am
MayApple says...

I don't have time to keep up with this anymore, so I am sort of dropping out. sorry. But at least I have a good way to do it now....

Alan

All I could remember was pain. The sirens faded from the past, Olette, her face as she realized what was happening, gone. Just a splitting, agonizing pain. And screaming, of whom I had no idea. Lots of it, all surrounding me. Colors I vividly remembered. Lots of them, mostly red and yellow, though.

I woke up in the hospital. Two doctors were standing over me. A glass was brought to my lips, and I took a sip of water.

"Alan," my mother rushed up to me.

"Mom, wha are ya doin 'ere?" My words came out half-formed and slurred, but I think she understand.

"Alan, you've been in a coma for two days now. How could I not be here?" She kissed my cheek, and it stung. "And, Alan, you can't compete on the competition anymore."

"Wha?"

"It's too dangerous, and your going to be, well.... Alan, you wont be walking for a few months after this."

"So it's over then?" I could feel any joy I had once felt fade from my heart.

"We don't have a choice."
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

57 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:23 am

Tess

There was a crash, Tess.

I don't even remember who told me it, but I... I freaked. Went sheet white, started shaking. "Wh... who?" was I all I managed to say.

"Olette, and Alan. Alan... the magician? He's being taken out of the competition."

Wha... what? Alan? The guy who laughed at everything and never said a harsh word? Whose partner had given me an ice pack when she saw my bruise? ... Out? I don't even know him well, and my eyes are brimming.

"Is Olette okay?"

"I haven't heard."

I mumble an excuse and bolt for the hall. I don't stop running until I'm at the end, and there's a shadowed corner waiting for me. I back up to the wall and slide, slowly, down, a tear rolling over. It's the only one that falls. Ricky's gone from my mind, the fear of Danny gone, joy for my squad- gone, adrenaline, gone, gone, gone. I shouldn't be this shaken, but I knew him- knew him. Talked to him. And this is so... so, so real.

All I can do is thank god I'm still in. My health is the only thing I have.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 am
Fox says...

Olette

"Wha-What's going on?" I asked. A nurse rushed to my side.

"Oh! You're awake!"

"How long have I been asleep? What happened?!"

"Calm down now dear. Everything's going to be okay. I'll be right back." She hurried out of the room, and returned with my mother and father.

"Olette, Olette baby I'm here it's okay!" My mother said, rushing to me. She gave me a hug, then took my shoulders. Everything I moved or was touched, it hurt.

"What happened?"

"Someone ran a stop light, and ran into you." my father said. "You've been out for 3 days." The memories of the night before rushed back into my head. I gasped.

"The competition! Oh, what am I going to do?!"

"Sweetie. Calm down. Your father and I discussed it, and we think it's best of you drop out of the competition." I couldn't tell if this was some kind of sick joke, or if they were seriously punishing me for getting into a car accident that wasn't my fault. I just started at her.

"No." I said. She looked at me, confused. "I'm not dropping out."

"Honey, you don't have a choice. You can barely move!"

"I don't care. This is my shot! For once, can't you think of me?!" It was silent for a while, and then she finally spoke.

"We'll talk about it later." She said. She gave me a quick kiss, then left. I didn't care what it would take, I wasn't going to drop out.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson