Young Writers Society

The Haunted Plantation (Finished.)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Jorden

I sat at a table by myself and ate my lunch, sculling like a child. Deciding, I should probably do something and meet some new people, I pushed my plate away and stood up. A sudden dizziness washed over my as I closes my eyes and held onto the table. I rubbed the back of my neck and took deep breaths before gaining back my posture and standing back up straight.

"She got possessed..." I heard someone say to another, "I hope its not me next," they said as I walked past. I kept my head down. Crazy house.

I made my way down the long hall way to the door where I had first came in. I ran to the door and looked for a door knob. What kind of door had no door knob?! I ran my hand over the door, think a magical knob would appear, nothing, just a small hole. Of course, I rolled my eyes, a key. I have to find Cal, he probably knows why there is no knob.

"What are you doing?" someone say from behind me. i slowly turn around to face them.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 pm
View Likes
umaima says...

June Rutherford

"What are you doing" I asked Jorden

"Examining this door, I think there is something in there which would be rather interesting. Want to go with me to visit Cal? I was thinking of asking him about the key of this door"

I wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying, I remembered what had happened in the morning. Kamria and Ivan. It came revolving around my mind ever since I saw them. Not that it bothers me or something but she really did say Ivan looked sexy on his face plus they were too close for comfort.

"June?" he asked breaking the uncomfortable silence between us

"Oh! I am sorry, I got lost in thought. Sure, I will be glad to come along" I said smiling to him though still in the back of my head I was totally thinking about Ivan and Kamria. It kind of made me jealous at the fact that they were so close but I think it is only because he is my room mate? ...Wait no I wasn't jealous or maybe I was but I don't think I was because I don't want to accept I was inspite of me totally been or it's the other way around...ah!

I realized Jorden was staring at me all the while and then suddenly he asked "Something wrong?"

"Nothing, just can't wait to meet Cal" I said, I know, I am a horrible liar but he let that go and we both headed downstairs
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

I'm glad when Kamria takes over. I'm a certified paramedic, but Meg has lost so much blood and the gash is so wide. I resolve to keep a gun with me as often as possible. I won't sleep with it under my pillow, though. I once knew someone who had tried to be like James Bond. He'd slept with the gun loaded and the safety off, under his pillow. Need I say more? Thankfully, I'm not that dumb.

The Next Day

I keep to myself at lunch. The people here are socializing more, but I don't feel like talking. Meg is walking around with Nick's aid. He's really helping her, and they seem close. I check up with Meg, to make sure she isn't showing signs of shock. I remind her to rest often and drink a lot, because she's lost a lot of blood. She still looks pale.

The kitchen has been cleaned up somewhat while they were making lunch. When I'm done my own food I begin to load the dishwasher. This kitchen really needs to be cleaned and it's driving me crazy to see it a mess. Sarge appreciates the tidbits from others' plates. Cleaning the kitchen gives me an excuse to stay around everyone without necessarily socializing. Strength in numbers. I don't want to wander a haunted house on my own.

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:29 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

Jameson Hemlock

I took my first steps into the house, and noted how the floorboards creaked just as I'd expected them to. My room was supposed to be coming up just to my left; a single bed with a private bath and fresh tulips on the windowsill.

I opened the door and set my luggage down on the floor in front of me, taking in the scents of my new room. Everything was in order, just how I liked it. The sheets were folded neatly over the bed and a spare key was left atop the dresser, just in case I ever needed it. Oh yes, you're going to like it here. I almost took a step forward when a porcelain vase came flying past me, crashing into the wall nearby.

"Hm," I pulled out my pocket-watch and checked the time, "Haven't even been here ten minutes and you already want to murder me."

I looked at the rubble that remained of the vase, and pouted. I wonder if a maid will come clean that. Poking my head out the door, I said "Um, hello, can I get some room service?"

A scream flooded the hallway, probably from another room, and I shut my door. I'll take that as a no.

I made my way to the window, glad to see my tulips in full bloom, and opened it a crack. Taking a peek outside, I noticed my lovely view of the backyard. I could see everything, even the fence that enclosed the land. Nice to know I wouldn't have to share the view with anyone. This way, I could do my research in private, and keep watch over anything that goes on back here. You really must learn to be more social.

"No one was talking to you." I spat.

I'm you, fool.

"That doesn't change my argument."

You really need some friends.

I scoffed. I wasn't here to make friends, I was here to solve a mystery. And enjoy a free room as well as food, but that wasn't the point. I pulled out a cigarette, my first since I got here, and burned it with my lighter. Taking a quick drag, I blew the smoke out of the window.

"You dare do that in my house?" A voice called from behind me.

"Cal?" I turned, but no one was there.

"Get rid of that filth now."

I took another drag, "Or what."

The tulips on the window, as well as the vase they were settled in, exploded.

"You make an interesting case," I said, blowing out more smoke, "You must be the ghost, aye?"

"Get out, now." It called.

"See I'd love to, really, but I made a promise to stay her, you kn-"

"I said, NOW!" The ghosts face popped up in front of me. Just his face.

I squinted and stretched my hand towards it, making it disappear, "I thought the ghost was a female."

"This is your last warning, get out or your life will be hell."

"Hah," I chuckled, sending more smoke into the air, "Sounds like fun."

"You have been warned." The voice faded, and I felt like a presence had left the room.

Well, you can say for sure this place is haunted now. I guessed so. I threw my now finished cigarette out the window and lit a second one, putting it to my lips. I needed a shower, and I would've taken one too, if I hadn't noticed my suitcase was now missing.

So he had a sense of humor, "Real funny, ghost guy."

I would've went to look for it, but I really wasn't in the mood. Maybe after a quick nap....
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:35 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

**please don't let this SB die!!

Nick Granger

I looked over and seen Kamria talking to Ivan all freakish. I swiftly walked over to her and took her aside. "I'm sorry but I must take you away before you make a fool of yourself." I tell her. She sighed and walked away with me. "I know this was so stupid, I just don't think before I speak, now he will never like me." Kamria says. I put my hand on her shoulder and just think a moment.

"Everything will be okay. We don't need romance between people here do we?" I ask. She furrows her brow at me. "Look at you and Meg, yall seem to be getting a little cozy!" she says with a whispered sort of mad voice. I didn't get a chance to speak before she stomped off.

I walk off towards Meg and just sit down. Words could not explain what just happened. "ill be back.." I tell Meg, she nodded and I walked off. I had to take a moment alone from everyone else. Time to recuperate. I sat in the room by myself and just laid there. It had only been 3 days and we haven't got anywhere with the mysteries we are suppose to uncover.

A moment later my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Nick?" Cals voice was on the other line.

"Yes sir?" I asked.

"I am leaving you the man in charge of the whole group!" he said.

"But.. why?" I asked.

"Because, I know you can do it!" he replied.

Then the line was hung up.

I sighed. Woopie doo, more stress put on my shoulders. I assumed all the people in the group would know by the time I walked in there.

"Ha you in charge?" a girl said. I looked up and it was a lady in black. "You are?" I asked. "I'm Kaiden. I live here." she replied. I looked at her a moment and realized she was floating. "Wait you are dead!" I say. She looked at me a little confused and furrowed her brow, just as Kamria did.

"I am no such thing!" she yelled fiercely. She got a vase and threw it at me, it broke and cut my leg. Then she was gone. "Why aren't any of these ghost people scary?" I mutter.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

35 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:35 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Jordin

I frown at June for a second before shrugging. "Lets just find him." I say, and walk back down a hall. June follows close behind me. Where would a weird mysterious guy stay in his spare time? That guy really creeps me out.

"So, what's your deal? Dark mysterious guy? Don't let people in? In trouble with the police? Why arr you hiding in here?" Just says, having trouble keeping up with me.

"Girlfriend had enough if me and kicked me out. Dad can't stand to see me. Just a little bit."

"A little bit of what?" She frowns.

"In trouble with the police, dark and very mysterious." I smirk back at her.

"So... Why'd your girlfriend break up with you?" she asks. I roll my eyes, are girls always this nosey?

"Well, she just decided she was over me..." I shrugged. I never really asked her why she dumped me. "Lets just find Cal." I sigh, not wanting to talk about it. She nods as we keep walking. I look around, where are we?

"I don't..." June looked around. Everything was getting darker and it was getting hard to breath, "Where are we?" I squeaked.

"I-I... Don't know..."
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:25 am
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

I decided to do more research in the library on this mysterious red headed girl,I also wanted to find Jorden to see if he was actually going to come tonight,but I couldent find him.So instead I went to look for June to see if she had seen him,she was gone too.

I worried for a little while,then calmed down,reminding myself that they were adults and could take care of themselves.I walked past the stairs,in search for the library when I saw Nick,blood dripping down his leg.

'Are you ok?'I asked,concerned.

'Im fine,it's just a cut'He replyed,wincing a little.

'How did it happen?'I asked slowly but then stopped myself 'Sorry,I'm being nosey,you don't have to answer that'

'Its fine'he replyed softly 'Cal just told me I'm in charge of the house,then this girl appeared,and I realised she was dead ,then she got angry and threw a vase at me'

'Are you sure you don't need help?'

He nodded,limping a little,he tripped on the last stair.I held him up,his arm around my neck as he steadied himself.

'Maybe I need a little help'He smiled.

I laughed and brought him to the kitchen,wetting a cloth and told him to put it on his leg,keeping pressure on it.

'Its not that bad'He put the cloth on his leg.

'Not until it gets infected'

'Fair enough'

I looked through the drawers until finally, I found a first aid box in the last onto the left.
I found cream and a bandage and put them both on his leg carefully.

'Thanks nurse'He smiled.

'Anytime,you were a great patient'I laughed quietly.

'No really,thanks,you didn't have to do that,I mean it wasnt that bad'

'It was no hassle,honestly'I helped him down from the table.

'Good as new' He said as he walked out of the kitchen,while I went off to find the library
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

46 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Kamria

I was happy that Nick saved me from MORE embarrassment but I was very upset from what he said. I walked away and went outside sitting on the steps. "I think I want to leave." I sigh. No one was around, at least not that I saw or knew of. I missed my family and it was better where I couldn't wake up and embarrass myself. I don't know why I do that. I wake up and just act on my dreams.. I say thinking to myself.

"Why would you want to leave?" someone asked. I didn't bother looking to find out who it was. "Because.. I just shouldn't be here." I say. I felt someone standing a few feet from me, I didn't know if it was a ghost or a real person, you could never tell at this place. "Why is it this place isn't scary? The ghosts aren't even frightening." I say not talking to any one in particular.

I got up and walked inside. I felt an immediate wave of energy hit me. It was like a heat wave, then I fell. "What the hell?" I asked. Getting up I trudged to my room. I felt as if someone was holding my foot down, no one was there though.

Before I walked in my room I seen someone I hadn't seen before. "Who are you?" I asked but politely.

"Jameson. You are?" he replied.

"Kamria.." I say.

"That is a unique name." he said with a smile.

"So is yours!" I say.

I walk inside my room and close the door. I heard him walk passed it, I guess going downstairs. I sat in my bed and looked around. Noticing a little boy at the end of my bed. I smiled at him. "Hello." I say. He giggled but didn't say anything, I decided he would go away soon so I just laid down.

- Ayn Rand

76 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:45 pm
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

It was nearly nightfall,and I was starting to worry.I hadn't seen June or Jorden for hours,the library was no use,I couldn't concentrate at all.I walked into the hall,finding a tall man,strongly built with long dark hair.

'Hello'I said as I walked over to him.

He looked serious,like he had no sense of humour.

'Are you Junes room mate?'I asked him.

'Yes,I'm Ivan'He said dismissively.

'Have you seen her lately?'

His eyes started to concentrate a bit more and he furrowed his brow.

'Now that you mention it,I haven't seen her in a few hours'

'I hate to bother you,but,could you help me look for her?My room mates missing too'

He thought about it for a while,I was almost convinced he would say no.I could see him thinking it through thoroughly.

'Fine,but only for awhile'He replied,and gracefully lead the way.

35 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:33 am
winterbites says...

Jorden

"Think its dark outside?" I asked June. Ice hands felt like they'd been stuck around my neck, I can't shake them. I don't know how long we've been in here, wherever we are. "Hey, look." I said when she didn't answer, "I found some food," I say, "June?" I call sitting up, gahh, my legs are killing. I hit my head on something hard.. "June! Where are you?" I sighed and rubbed my head. "Get back here!" I call.

"I'm over here!" she called.

"What happened? I think we're in the pantry..." I say crawling over to her. "I FOUND FOODS!" I call.

"You're so silly Jorden." She laughs, "Ooh, I found a switch." I hear a clicking noise and a dull red light come's on.

"Well, this is cosy." I say looking around the small room full of food, "At lest we wont get hungry," I joke.

"It isn't funny, we're stuck in here. We've already tried the door and well there isn't any windows..." She sighed.

"We wont starve though..." I offer. She rolls her eyes.

"I'm too sick to eat." she says.

"Hey," I say sliding next to her, "Whats wrong?"

"I don't know, my stomach just hurts... It could be anything." she shrugs.

"Well, it might be the..." I trailed off, what am I saying... this place is driving me crazy. I just wanted to get out of here, now I'm stuck in a pantry! "Just, get some rest..." I say slumping down on the wall and slightly tilting my head to the side, looking at her, "I'll make sure nothing happens." I yawn. June nods and closes her eyes.

I try my best to stay a wake. I sing some tunes, out of tune of course. Try a little head banging, without waking her up. Sleep washed over my body, my eyes were closing slowly, "You said you were going to watch her," a male voice whispered into my ear,"

"Eh, I'm awake," I jump and look around, nothing.

"Someone could hurt her." a rush of cool air shivered down my neck, goose bumps appeared on my arm.

"Go away," I say firmly.

"Why do think I'd do that? I want you to go away." he yells.

"That's what I was trying to do!" I yell at no one. I groan and thread my fingers in my hair. I look over at June, she looked like she was having a bad dream, "Hey! Stay away from her," I say, grabbing her under her shoulders and pulling her to my chest. June moved and swiped at the ground, "Its okay," I rocked back and forth, "I've got you." I whisper.

"No you don't, I've got her, I'm controlling her mind." he laughs and appears, smiling. His blonde hair was pushed back from his face, his formal clothes torn and dirty, "She belongs to me now."

"No she doesn't." I say to him, "Please leave us." I say, almost in tears. Juna was groaning and moving vividly in my lap, "Stop doing this to her." I cry.

"Stop doing this to her! Boo, hoo, hoo." He mocks.

"Dude, please, leave us," I hold June to my chest with all my strength."

"Look, I've been in this house for too many centuries not to pass up the offer to lay around some little school kids." He smiles.

"For your information, I'm twenty-one." I spat back.

"All the more reason to hate you!" he laughs.

"Why?" I'm insane, I need help... I'm talking to something that doesn't exist.

"I was your age when I died. I drowned, in the mud. No one saw, no one cared!" he yelled, "No one came to find me, my parents didn't care, my parents!"

"Look, I'm sorry no one cared then, but that doesn't mean... I don't care," that's it, play the nice card. "I was in a car accident, I was seventeen, my little brother was fifteen-"

"Why are you telling me this?" He says looking down at me.

I ignore the question and continue, "It was two in the morning, I was driving the car, he had turned the music up so loud. He was rocking out to the guitar solo, and I was belting out lyrics."

"I heard you singing before... Not too bad," he shrugs and sit in frond of me. Juna had stopped moving and was sleeping in peace.

"Thanks," I nod, "Anyway, this car, well truck, it had its head lights on but, I didn't see them, I was too busy singing... I still hear Dean screaming out mu name, 1there's a car Jor, a car!'." Tears streamed down my cheeks, "I loved him, he was my only brother," I sniff, "I-I killed him," I sob and close my eyes.

When I opened my eyes again, the random guy was gone. I sighed and closes my eyes again. Tears had dried on my face. I felt June's breath near my neck, she seemed to be free from him still. I held her closer and fell into a deep sleep, dreaming of how that guy had died.

Spoiler! :
Wow, sorry, its super long!

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:23 am
umaima says...

June Rutherford

I woke up after having those horrible nightmares, they were so frightening that I felt like I was going to die in my sleep. when head lied on Jorden's chest and he too was sleeping. His one hand gently wrapped around me and the other was lying free. His face was rather pink and looked like he had just cried though I must admit that he did look cute this way.

i slowly and gently got up being careful for not waking him up. As I stood up a short pain travelled all the way to my stomach. "Agh" I cried and fell on my toes. The pain started getting more horrific by every second and so did my voice, Jorden suddenly woke up due to this and ran by my side.

There was blood all over the front of my shirt. Someone or something had wounded my really badly. And the next thing I knew, I fainted. i heard Jorden's voice followed by meg and Ivan and then another person and then everything became dark.

"Her wound is pretty bad but she will be alright, just take care she doesn't walk much and yes, I haven't this type of wound since a long time, it was like she was hurt from the inside not out. How did she get hurt?" someone asked

"We will find that out doctor, thankyou so much for your help" another voice said

then there was a huge thump from the door and a few footsteps came towards me "You are going to be alright, don't worry"

"I think it's too late and you all should go get some sleep, I will take her from here"

"Are you sure Ivan?"

"yes, you all should get some sleep after all we need to find things out tomorrow"

The next thing I knew I couldn't hear anything again.

After some time I opened my eyes and saw Ivan sitting right next to me. His head was comfortably set on my bed and he he was reading a book. i tried to get up but was gently pulled back by two strong hands.

"You are not thinking of getting up, Are you June?" he said in a reliefed tone. i wanted to ask him about Kamria but my pain got the best of me.

"What are you doing? It's 3 and you are still awake" I asked softly. It hurt even to speak.

"Babysitting" he said with a chuckle and placed the book on the table turning to me. "Should I get something to eat?"

"No Van, I am not hungry and HEY I am not a baby" I said weakly trying to punch him but couldn't

He chuckled at my attempt and caught my hand placing it down "Don't, you might hurt yourself" he said

"Someone is been too goody today" I said with a mocking tone

"Yes, all because of an immature, irresponsible girl who is lying right next to him" Then he paused and continued softly "How are you feeling now?"

I smiled and replied "I think I am fine, just a little too much pain, but I can bear it for days if I am going to get this type of princess treatment everyday"

He laughed and lied down near me still facing me.

"Is Jorden alright?" I asked. He was there with me too and I was worried

"Yes though he was worried he just left, I had to force everyone to go and sleep because no one was ready" i smiled, so everyone was fine. A felt pain all over my stomach.

"are you okay" he asked once again more worried this time.

"Don't worry so much or else I will have to take care of you instead. I have seen and been in a lot worse situations Van, a lot worse pain so I am used to it" i said smiling weakly. his expression grew dark after hearing this and I couldn't really understand what was going on in his mind.

"You should be resting now, don't speak much and sleep" he said after a pause of 5 minutes and smiled at me.

"I know grandpa" I said teasingly and closed my eyes in his arms. somehow I felt safe and that was the most amazing feeling I had ever felt

Spoiler! :
@winterbites the bigger the better :D
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

76 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:12 pm
Hanorah says...

Hanorah

Once Jorden and June were out of the pantry,they both went straight to bed,Jorden eyes were red rimmed,he must have been crying but I didn't stick my nose in,I left him alone in our room.He looked like he needs alone time.

I decided to explore the house more deeply,I had not explored it properly since I got here.I walked door the oak stairs,creaking slightly.I heard snores from upstairs.It made the house seem more eerie,like I had no one to call to if sometime happened or my body could be left in some unknown room.

I walked down the hall with my torch (I had brought five in my bag,just in case).It led me to an even narrower hallway,to the left of the stairs.The red headed ghost appeared to me.I could hear a creaking behind me,there was a message on the wall it read 'My name is Abigail'.

I looked at the ghost and pointed to the message,asking if it was her,she nodded silently.she waved me to follow her,and I did.She led me down some more stairs where I heard screaming,and a new figure popped up.It was her father.I could see the fear and shock on Abigail's face,she looked worried and for the first time she whispered 'Run'.

I knew I had to follow her orders,so I ran.

I looked behind me to find the ghost of her father at my heels and than I was smashed against the wall at a neck breaking speed.My vision was blurred,the back of my head bleeding.I cried out in pain and tried to lift myself up,but I couldent.

Something hit me in the stomach,winding me and I moaned.I felt some more glass smash against my hip,it cut straight in.The ghost of her father laughed,Abigail was at my side and kneeled down worried.She floated swiftly to her father and they collided and disappeared.

I saw a figure in the doorway,this one was solid it wasn't a ghost.My vision was so blurry I couldent see who it was.

'Help'I moaned softly.'Please help'

46 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:54 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Nick

Limping around got very tiring. I was ready to find out the whole mystery behind this house. There were so many ghosts here, I just felt all the energy. I felt a mixture of good and bad but the bad gave me an overwhelming feeling, it felt as though something was taking my breath away.

I decided to go exploring and I just so happened to wonder in a room after I heard moaning cries. "Someone...help..." is what I heard in little cries. "Hanorah?" I say and look in through the door. She was laying there with her head bleeding. "What...what happened to you?" I asked stupidly, I should have known she wouldn't have said anything back.

I picked her up slowly, it was really hard walking and carrying someone but I managed. We finally got up into the main rooms. I went to my room where Meg was and I laid her on my bed. "Oh my god what happened to her?!" she nearly screamed.
"I have no clue." I say. "Go get Kamria and tell her to bring a first aid kit." she got up and slowly walked.

Kamria came running down the hall when Meg told her what was wrong. "Kamria here to rescue!" she said with a laugh. I quickly moved out of the way. Kamria looked at the open wound as Hanorah kept coming in and out of vision. She looked in the first aid kit and looked over at her head again.

Grabbing a wet wipe she wiped the blood and began a few stitches. A few seconds later she was done. "There Han." she replied. Hanorah was just staring up at the ceiling. I picked her up and laid her on the couch we had in the room. Covering her up with my blanket.

I stayed up all night with Meg watching over both of them.

- Ayn Rand

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am
View Likes
ShadowHunter says...

Rowan:
I walked up to the mansion in the early morning light. The mansion certainly looked like it could be haunted, but then again, hardly any old plantation was blameless on the murder front, what made this one different? I pushed on the door and it swung open with a slight creaking from the hinges.

"Hello, is anyone here?" I cried out softly, then silently berated myself, of cars people were here, there were cars out front. The door shut with a slight thud.

"Is anyone awake?" I corrected. I was really king of tired from driving all night, but I didn't want to wander around the building. I heard footsteps and my head whipped around, but there was no one there. I shrugged off the feeling and started to make my way deeper into the plantation, totally forgetting about my bags sitting on the floor.

After a few minuets of wandering around the first floor, I had found what I was looking for. I quickly opened the door and shut it quietly before taking a deep breath. It smelled of the best thing in the world, books. The library was filled to the brim with book shelves. I walked around, running my fingers against the bindings.

"What secrets do you hold?" I whispered to them before taking one off the shelf and sitting down in one of the chairs scattered around.
It is not the dark, but the unknown that we fear.

76 Reviews

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:45 pm
Hanorah says...

hanorah

I woke up with a very painful headache,my clothes had blood all over them,my hip felt like it was on fire.I looked at my watch,it was twelve o clock in the morning.

I realised I hadn't been in this room before,it was bigger than mine and jordens.
Nick lay on a bed,snoring softly.He looked like he had stayed up all night.I decided to sneak out quietly,he looked like he badly needed rest.

Istood up slowly and painfully,only realising now how much it hurt now.I took a step and collapsed onto the floor,my hip couldn't take the weight.I cursed under my breath and bit my lip,trying not to scream out in pain.

Nick woke up suddenly,eyes alert.

'What are you doing?are you ok?'He asked concerned,coming over to me.

'Yeah I'm fine,just chilling on the floor.Did you know how soft this carpet is?'I was trying to mask my pain.'You should go back to bed,you look like you need rest'

'I'm not leaving you on the floor,you can't expect me to believe you were feeling how soft the carpet is do you?'He laughed and helped me up.

'Thanks,but you shouldent help me,your hurt too'

'Its just a scratch'he said dismissively.

'Because all scratches make you limp?Don't lie'

'How did it happen?'He asked.

I told him what I remembered,but I was confused.Ghosts can't throw you against a wall and wind you?Nick asked the same questions.

'Thank you,you saved my life'I hugged him tightly,showing my gradidute 'I owe you,if you ever need anything tell me'.

'It was nothing'he said embrassed.

My stomach rumbled,I didn't realise how hungry I was.

'When was the last time you ate'he asked.

'Lunch yesterday?'

'Come on,ill help you down the stairs,everyone will be at lunch'.

I put my arm over his shoulder as we messily both limped and stumbled out of the room,unable to stop laughing at ourselves,realising how stupid we would look from on lookers.

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman