Young Writers Society

Seventh Shadow~ Started (4 Spots open)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:43 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

King Richard | Ballroom

I sat down at the round table which sat nearby and sighed stiffly, that boy irritated me. His lack of confidence somehow fueled my rage and for an odd reason I hated him. After the incident during my speech my eyebrows were firmly set into a gruff wrinkled line which dripped with annoyance.

I turned around the room and spotted a girl sitting next to the boy and I frowned as i saw her smile and laugh with him. I hoped that they weren't mocking me. My reputation still needed to be maintained even throughout all the past few years events.

I felt a shiver run down my spine all of a sudden. Something about this party just didn't seem quite right.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:59 am
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I suddenly felt a pair of eyes upon me and Belle, and turned to see the King watching us. I swallowed. Perhaps he thought I was a thief? The thought scared me. I didn't want to be thought of as a thief, at least not here.
"Excuse me," I said to Belle. "I'll be back in a moment or two."
I strode over to the King and sat down beside him, careful to keep my gaze from his. Why I had walked over here I had no clue-it was as though some small urge inside of me had told me to.
"Well," I said to him. I was going to say more, but the voice in my head urged me not to.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 am
SirenCymbaline says...

Lily Emin, Ballroom.

I awoke from my spell to find a young man behind me. He had such amazing eyes, more incredible than I could ever paint. ''Pardon me, but I was just about to shoo a tiny bug from your head.'' I briefly gave an automatic smile and said ''I'm Lily...Emin.'' Really, Lily. That's all you can say. And what is wrong with my speech? Just three little words. Easy enough. I felt...odd. A good kind of odd. And I liked it. I wondered what he was thinking of me... Did I seem shaky? I sure felt that way. There's something there.....something there that made me feel so light, like a like a dream. A living dream, so much more perfect than before.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 pm
View Likes
gleek456 says...

Oh, I'm sorry Ignorance! I guess I missed your post before. I just read it. I'm sorry!

Isabelle Freidrich | Ballroom

"May we dance again?" Rose offered. He held his hand out, making me smile. I held out my right hand, and noticed something peculiar. No ring. Where's mother's wedding ring?! I quickly took my hand back.

"Um, is everything all right?" he asked. I examined my hand, over and over again. One time, just one time you use mother's ring, you lose it. Lex and father is going to be so angry with you! Lex. I need to find him! I turned to Rose, who was looking as confused as ever.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. Something urgent came up," I said. Gosh, I didn't want to leave him. I held his hand and leaned up. I pressed my lips on his for a few seconds before pulling away and running to find Lex.

"Lex? Alexios?" I called.

"Belle?" Lex turned around. I exhaled and fanned myself. I held out my hand.

"You want to dance? What happened to that Rose guy?" he asked. I shook my head and started waving my finger in his face.

"The ring, Lex. The ring!" I exclaimed. Lex grabbed my hand and stared at it for a moment.

"Ring, mother's ring, gone," he mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes! I've already established that!" I said. Lex looked around the ballroom, as if he were looking for someone.

"Who else other then Rose, have you met?" he asked. I thought for a minute. There was the darling Violet, and Jerr, but I doubt they did anything.

"Violet and Jerr," I replied. That sent Lex storming after them.

(Hope this is fine with you Ignorance! I'm so so sorry!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

107 Reviews

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

King Richard | Ballroom

I noticed the boy catch my gaze and I saw his shoulders stiffen and his face screw up in worry. As I noticed this I immediately glanced away and pretended to be fascinated by the tapestry on a nearby wall. I thought I had fooled him and that he had gone back to his conversation but several seconds later he rose from his seat and strode across the whole and sat down in the seat next to mine.

"Well..." the boy started nervously. He stopped almost as soon as the words left his mouth. I sighed loudly and coughed as if to make a point. "Is there something you wish to say?" I asked in annoyance.

The boy cleared his throat and started once more...

134 Reviews

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:25 am
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

"Listen, King, sir," I made sure to mind my manners. Didn't want to be labeled as the rude kid who cares about nothing. "I just wanted to apologize for the incident that happened during your speech."
The King's eyes searched me. I shifted in my seat. What was he looking for? Perhaps he recognized from the dozens of war tactic meetings I was forced to attend at my father's hand. I shifted again. No, that's not possible. I had always made sure to stay out of the way then.
The King continued to search me. Perhaps he thought I was a thief? I sat back in my chair and kept my eyes averted, waiting for him to speak.

107 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:46 pm
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

King Richard | Ballroom

The boy continued to apologize profusely and I searched him in suspicion. I wasn't trying to judge him by the way we had first met but I felt like he was doing something wrong, like he was maybe... The thief? I quickly waved the thought away with the back of my hand, this boy couldn't be the sneakiest person in this room could he? He seemed so quiet and isolated and I doubted that he was capable of harming a fly but something about him didn't feel quite right.

I smiled at the boy, "it's fine!" I told him kindly and looked away as if expecting him to leave. When he didn't the suspicion came back. "So tell me your story." I asked him and he began.

134 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:55 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I cleared my throat carefully. "My father is a royal knight," I told him. "He wanted me to follow in his footsteps. He often dragged me to the war tactic meetings when I was young...but once he saw I had no interest, he let the matter drop with disappointment. Now, I'm just an artist, and I hope to get my artwork in a gallery someday." I stared at my feet the entire time I said this, not really sure why the King would care. I shrugged. "And that's about it. Oh, and my name is Rose Axions."
He looked at me, and I stared back. What was he thinking?
Last edited by FruityBickel on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Luke | Ballroom

The Phantom Thief in me said, That's a lovely name, don't you think, Lucario? You still have to get that comb. Those emeralds are calling.
At first I was tempted to just grab the comb and run off with it, but that wouldn't be me at all. No, I have to get the comb in a way only a master could possibly do. Question was how to get it without getting caught in the act. Eight years of stealing made me clever, since not once I ever got caught by the law. The guards didn't call me the Phantom Thief for nothing, so I rather keep the record going. Most thieves I knew only managed to last half a year before getting caught, so it took paitence and skill for me to last this long. I said smoothly as I could muster, "I'm Luke, but most people know me by my surname, which is Lucario."
The Phantom Thief in me warned, Don't forget, you're a thief, Lucario. If you want that comb, you better start thinking about how to get it from that girl. Chances are, you might have to charm your way into getting the comb.
I thought, Sometimes I hate it when I'm right. I offered my hand to Lily and asked, "If I may?"
We danced around like we were nymphs. It didn't take Lily long to try and kiss me, but this time I let it happen. It wasn't as deep and oblivious as Chastity's kiss, but Lily's kiss was sweet enough to send chills up my back. I didn't try to run from Lily. She still had what I wanted and I intended on getting if it was the last thing I do.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

107 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 am
View Likes
EnchantedPanda says...

King Richard | Ballroom

The boy cleared his throat and began. "My father is a royal knight," he said. "He wanted me to follow in his footsteps. He often dragged me to the war tactic meetings when I was young...but once he saw I had no interest, he let the matter drop with disappointment. Now, I'm just an artist, and I hope to get my artwork in a gallery someday." After this he just stared at his feet and shrugged. "And that's about it. Oh, and my name is Rose Axions." I looked at him, and he stared back.

"Rose..." That was a boys name, this boy is a very strange young lad. I doubted now that he was the thief but a thought tickled in the back of my head, he made me feel suspicious and on edge. After I spotted the tension in his face and the shaking of his hands I nodded with my head indicating that he could leave. "Thank you boy," I said solemnly and gave him a warm, slightly forced smile, which I could tell relieved him.

I wondered to myself if I had misjudged him as he runaway from the table into the groups of people.

134 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:27 am
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I looked around for Belle, but didn't see her anywhere. "Belle?" I called, although not very loud at all. I continued to search for her, my eyes scanning the crowd. But she was gone. I had missed my chance.
With a heavy sigh I took a seat at a nearby table, next to where I had left my sketchbook. I examined the rose I had drawn. I didn't want to ponder the kings thoughts about me. If he was as single-minded as my father, like almost everyone I had met was, if he assumed I was weak because of my name, then I didn't want to think about it. Picking up my pencil, I began to aimlessly shade my rose in with no real point of achieving anything. I missed Belle.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:37 am
Iggy says...

Violet and Jerr | Ballroom

"Ha! Did you see her face? She didn't even notice! What a klutz!" Violet snickered as she took the ring from Jerr and tucked it into her secret jacket pocket. She then glanced around idly, looking for the siblings. When she didn't see them, she relaxed slightly.

"Vi, we're in a crowded room, do lower your voice a bit." Jerr hissed, then laughed loudly; the room was as crowded as could be, the noise level as loud as a party should be. No one could have possibly overheard Violet, or paid her any mind.

Violet rolled her eyes at him and stuck her tongue out. She was about to reply when Alexios intervened, darting in-between them. He glared at Violet, his eyes flashing furiously.

"Where is it?"

"Where is what?" Violet blinked innocently, her hazel eyes twinkling at him. Behind Alexios, Jerr had his palm to him mouth and was biting down on it, trying desperately not to laugh. Violet forced herself to downplay her rising smile, but with no such luck.

"You little liar, I can see the smile you're trying to hide! Where is my sister's ring?" Alexios snarled at Violet, taking a step closer and towering over her.

Jerr's eyes narrowed and he darted between them, shoving Alexios back. "Back up, sir. Don't touch the lady."

Alexios glared at Jerr. "I wasn't going to hurt her. I want my mother's ring, and I want it now."

"You said it was your sister's ring, and now it's your mother's? Sounds like you're lying." Violet supplied, smirking at him.

"It was my mother's wedding ring and she gave it to my sister! What does it matter, just give it back!" Alexios snapped, his eyes flashing dangerously. He was losing his patience, it seemed. Violet decided to make him snap.

"Sounds like you're lying. For all we know, that ditz of yours could've thought she put it on, but she really didn't." Violet growled at him accusingly.

"How dare you steal a family heirloom and insult my sister." Alexios hissed, turning to Jerr. "Control that woman at once! Her mouth shall get her killed one day."

"Not if you can catch her. Now, run along and don't you ever threaten my Violet again." Jerr said calmly, smirking at the man in a mocking way.

(I actually don't know how Alexios would re-act to that, if he would fight Jerr. So, it's up to you Gleek. Take it away. :D)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Lily Emin, Ballroom

He spoke, his voice like rain, like ice, like the stars, like a river flow... ''I'm Luke, but most people know me by my surname, which is Lucario.'' Luke Lucario...the very name sent a lovely shiver through me, though any name could do it said that way. Everything just dissapeared, as if it was him and me and nothing else existed for that moment, or even mattered. He offered me his hand. ''If I may?'' From then, my entire being felt so...light. LIke a butterfly, a dandelion seed. I took it and danced better than I ever could, or did. Does he feel the same? Once the dance is over, what do I say? I felt something so beautiful. A feeling like a warm wind controlled me, became me, I never wanted to let go. It pulsated, expanded, the adrenaline bubbled in my veins and simply exploded. I kissed him. Inside I tingled all over, in a flight of passion that didn't last quite as long as I would have liked. Lily. You idiot. You've only known him for a few minutes and you kiss him. I stepped back a little, not letting go of his hands. ''I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.'' I said.
(Sorry for taking so long. Hope it's good.)
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:34 am
Redfang18 says...

Luke Lucario | Ballroom

I said calmly, "It happens when I'm around women. They kiss me when they barely knew me."
The Phantom Thief in me sang, Lucario, stop delaying and get the comb.
I knew I was wanting the comb, so I decided to make a bargain with her. I dug in my pocket and showed Lily a diamond medallion. I said smoothly, "I think you might like this, pretty lady. I assume you have a thing for diamonds. Perhaps you and I can make a trade."
Lily stared at the medallion, fascinated and enthralled by its silver and diamond beauty.
The Phantom Thief in me said, Lucario, you have her where you want her. Just take the comb, give her the medallion, and get out of here before King Richard finds out you're here.
I snuck my free hand towards her hair, then snatched the comb in a quick motion. After storing the comb in another pocket, I put the medallion around Lily's neck. I kissed her forehead and said, "I must be going, pretty lady. I have to go before my presence becomes an unwanted guest." After that, I left without warning.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Evaric | Palace - Ballroom Balcony:

He bowed and gestured for her to join him. "Please, come and sit." He stepped aside, letting her see the chair he hadn't taken yet. She approached him, smiling. It was so sweet, but it disgusted him. He struggled to keep the charming smile on his face. "I am afraid that I must leave you," he said, shifting towards the exit. "I realised that I forgot something..." He trailed off apologetically, bowing again. "If you would excuse me, beautiful angel?"

She giggled and nodded, letting him escape the suddenly suffocating atmosphere. He swiftly left the upper floors, scowling. Stupid girls. Children, really. Oh, how he hated them. Quickly, he made his way downstairs and through the crowd of mostly children, heading for the doors that led out onto the balcony. And hopefully fresh air. He really, really hated children. But he hated Alleria, it's people and the Allerian King much, much more.

Evaric bumped into a young woman with dirty brown hair and a black and white lace mask. She glared at him but he just shot her one of his amused smirks before continuing on, heading for the door. Just before he reached it, though, he bumped into another person. Growling under his breath, he pulled back only to find himself staring at a boy with remarkable green eyes and black hair. The boy wore a beautiful greeny-blue mask, trimmed in gold. Evaric paused. He had never seen such eyes before.

"I must apologize," he found himself saying. "I did not see you there." He bowed, one hand on the hilt of his sword. He gazed at the boy with undisguised interest. "And I should have," he murmured, leaning forward. "Such pretty eyes." This last part was almost a whisper. The boy stared back at him. Evaric coughed and straightened up, unsure of why he'd--oh, that was right. The boy's eyes. He couldn't help it. A pretty face always did distract him.

Spoiler! :
((Yup. You read that right. Evaric is totally OOC, but hey. He's distracted. Nice eyes, Luke! XD))
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues