z

Young Writers Society

Two Spirits, One goal[accepting]

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:48 am
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I can't think. My brains are scrambled. I can barely breathe. What just happened? Did Arwen... kiss me? This was getting all too confusing, too strange. I had to get away from this girl soon. She scared me, but I don't know why. I try to distract myself from the... kiss. The sun finally rose as we kissed, sending its first rays of light to witness our unexpected kiss.
The Juhani girl looks like an easy opponent. But I probably won't have to fight her, she looks like she'd run from a fallen feather. The other girl would be harder, she's skinny, but she's got some power behind those thin limbs. Her chin is raised in a regal-like way. Her feet are bare. That could be to my advantage. That is, if I could get past the wolf.
In all my run-ins and fights wandering the streets of the city, I've never met someone I couldn't take or talk my way around. I could always make the odds lean my way, sometimes just long enough for me to get away. But that wolf, it's different. I couldn't handle him. And I can't talk my way around him. He just listens to that girl. And that girl probably doesn't understand me.
Arwen kissed me! No matter what I do, I can't dispel the thought from my head. It was a quick kiss, it probably didn't mean anything on her side, but it was... something. Maybe that's how kissing is, I wouldn't know. I've never kissed anyone before. But if all kisses were like that, then people would be trying to get kisses, not highs. It was amazing.
I've got to ditch Arwen. I've got to get away from that wolf. How quickly life changes directions. Today is completely different from yesterday.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:27 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

Dmitri's hand slips out of mine. The next thought hits me with the force of a sledghammer. He wants to go. I felt like a balloon that had just been deflated, the happiness abondoning me like rats form a sinking ship. The wolf was stopping him. For some selfish reasom, I thought og delaying him. Maybe accidently letting the wolf sense him, or run nat him or-

But I couldn't do that, instead, I hiss at the wolf and move away. It steps forward, growling. I step further and further away. Leaving a space open for Dmitri to bolt. I glance at him and explain with my eyes.

The wolf advances and it's hackles raise. I grin and snarl at it.

Run Dmitri. Run.
Signature Pending

374 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:21 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I let Arwen's hand slip out of mine, so I can get into a defensive stance. She starts moving away from me. The wolf follows her. I realize what she's doing. She gives me a quick look, not long enough to bring the wolf's attention to me, but long enough to rench my heart out of my chest and the breath out of my throat. I look at her for as long as I could dare. And then I do something that takes every ounce of will power and every bit of strength I have. I know if I'd waited a moment longer, I wouldn't have been able to. But I don't pause. I just leap.
I land on the wolf's back and we roll in a deadly tussle. If Arwen is as smart as I think she is, she'll have turned tail and ran. I hope she'll be safe.
The wolf rakes his claws across my face, taking me out of my thoughts of Arwen, and I pull out my pocket knife. Before I can do anything, something hits me on the head. I hear myself hit the ground before everything goes black.
Last edited by tgirly on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:45 pm
View Likes
Sapi says...

Attra

I smile as I throw the rock. I enjoy the sound it makes on his skull, and the little cry he lets out, and the thud of his head on the dirt. He's unconscious, and injured as well, his handsome face bloody and torn. He'll have some scars, but he'll be fine.

Juhani looks scared, but she stands her ground. She won't desert me, not now, at least. The only slight problem is the other girl. I don't know what her name is, but she's not running away. When she sees the way the stone I threw collide with her friend's head, she turns around slowly and sets her face. She's about to launch herself at me, I know.

Rraka sets himself in front of me, and I think this'll be an easy win. After all, she is very skinny, although strong, and I remember the terrified look on her face when Rraka chased after them back in the black tunnels. I finger my necklace, its face glinting in the sun, cross my arms, and wait.
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:21 am
View Likes
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

The rock flew through the air like a bullet, colliding with Dmitri's head with a loud, thwack!

All I can see is red. Dmitri's face is torn, blood seeping through his hair. I cry out in horror and swing on the girl. The wolf stands in front of her and I'm so consumed with rage I don't care. I leap at her and managed to swing and uppercut that catches her on the jaw before the Wolf is upon me. The girl topples backwards and the wolf snaps at my legs. I kick wildly, flailing, my childhood horror coming back to me. I slip and I've fallen, and the Wolf is bearing over me.

What time is it, Mr Wolf?

I manage to stand up, breathing heavily, glaring at the Wolf and the two girls. I aim a kick at the Wolf's side and run over to Dmitri. The girl is clutching at her jaw, seething.

"Dmitri?" I kneel beside him and press my hands to the wound. "Dmitri, please,"

A wound this small couldn't have killed him. His handsome face is torn and bloodied where it's hit the floor. A rock zips past, grazing my shoulder. I glare at the girl.

She throws another rock that hits me square in the chest. It stings, but I stand up and hurl a rock back at her.

"Don't like it when people fight back?" I yell. I realise suddenly that the Wolf is behind me, and dart sideways as it lunges at me. The rock hits my temple and I feel blood trickling down onto my cheek. I stagger, dizzy, and collapse onto my knees. There's more pain than I anticipated, and I squeeze my eyes shut. I put a hand to my torn temple and look up at the girl. She's readying another rock, and I glare. She releases the rock towards me and then everything is black.

OOC: Not sure if I portrayed Attra right at all. :/ Prod me and I'll change it.
Signature Pending

374 Reviews

Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:54 am
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I wake with a groan. The girl with the tiger and her friend are either gone, or hiding. Arwen's head is on my knees. a burst of panic spurts through my system. I check her pulse. Still kicking. I look at her, drinking in the sight of her lying so peacefully in her sleep. I ease my half-asleep legs out from under her and stand up, stretching.
"Goodbye," I whisper to her sleeping form, and then I leave.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:03 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Juhani

"Why did you do that?" I asked, she wasn't a good half. She wasn't my bad half. I should leave her soon, maybe try and help these two. Attra looked so pleased and happy with herself, and the wolf hadn't even blinked. No, I should deffinately leave her. Silently I slipped away, not far, just far enough that they wouldn't find me that easily. I have no idea if they followed me or not, but I waited for a long time before coming back to where the girl and boy had layed unconcious. Athena was still there, perched in the tree under which we'd first found them. She was still there, the girl. Attra had gone, and so had the boy. Carefully climbing into the tree I waited for the girl to come around.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

374 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:35 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I don't know where I am. I'm lost. I shouldn't have left. I should've waited until we'd gotten back to somewhere safe, or at least until I had some sort of plan for finding my way back. I shouldn't have left at all. Why did I leave? Why?
I punch a thick tree. My eyes blaze, my knuckles bleed, my head hurts. I hear a noise. It's the girl, the one that was with the girl with the wolf. I duck behind a bush before she sees me. She's walking somewhere, and she seems to know where she's going. I follow her. We arrive back where Arwen is. She's still not awake. I wonder if anything's wrong.
I should leave. I try to, but I can't; it's like my feet have grown roots and I'm stuck here, close enough to see her, but far enough away that they won't be able to see me. I'll wait until she wakes up, I tell myself, and then I'll leave.
After all, I am the bad side. That's what I'm expected to do. Leave.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

117 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 pm
View Likes
Sapi says...

Attra

It is only a few minutes before I realise Juhani is not standing there anymore. She must have gone off, left me on my own again, with no one to talk to but a wolf and a stupid mouse. There goes my one and only friend, and what do I do? No, I don't feel sad because she was a friend. I know I'm selfish, and cruel, but I can't change that. I'm the bad guy, so I have to be that way. Instead, I feel anger. Anger for the world that I've always known, the world that is so cruel and will not let me change myself, and find my old personality. I don't care that I've lost a person I can trust and confide in. I don't care that I've lost a friend at all. The only thing I care about is that I've lost my only hope to being whole again.

I know it's dangerous. I know that any predator or ill-wisher nearby will come racing back to me. But right now, I don't care. I look up at the clouds and scream louder than I've ever screamed before, a long and lonely scream; a cruel scream.

I race off into the oncoming darkness.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:59 am
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

I know it's my sb, but i haven't been on in a while - because of volleyball, and it was dying before i left , can someone catch me up? xD

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:10 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Hey my character is madallion and I haven't been on in like forever so will someone please add me into the story :) thanks by the way it sounds great so far!! :)
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:55 pm
Betheny says...

I mean no offense but reading the story will probably give you a better idea than someone telling you about it. I'll try to write you in now Britt, I apologise if it dosen't sound quite right.

Juhani

I'd been perched in that tree for a long time before I saw even the slightest of movement from the girl. Groaning, she sat up and reached a shaking hand towards the wound on her head. The gentle Athena flew down from my shoulder to land beside the girl, making her jump slightly in the process. From my vantage point I saw that she vaguely seemed to remember the owl, and she started to look around worriedly as if expecting Attra's wolf to jump out at her any second. Slowly and carefully I let myself down from the tree in which I had been perched and, staying close to the ground, I held up my hands and moved towards the girl. It was then I heard movement coming from somewhere else in the forest. I spun around and stood bolt upright, ready to run if need be.
"Why are you still here?" I heard the girl say in weak murmers, but I just ignored her. I only listened as someone else came crashing into the clearing: Another girl.

(That would be your que Britt)
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

117 Reviews

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:51 pm
View Likes
Sapi says...

Attra

I smell the air. The border must be close now. As I spring lightly over the dark earth, it comes into sight: a shimmery line, a wall of sorts. And on the other side? My other half, the only way to make me whole again. Carefully, I approach the wall and touch it. My fingers slip right through. Smiling, I take a deep breath and step right through.

On the other side is a mirror image of my forest, but lighter, cheerier somehow. Oh well. I walk in between the trees for hours, until finally the sun comes up. I sit down to take a drink from a nearby stream, and hear a crack of a branch very close by.

I look up sharply, and standing before me, looking wary, was....Juhani? But no...Juhani had brown hair, not blonde. Maybe they were sisters?

And then it hit me. This was Juhani's other half! My half, I might say. I smiled again. Here was finally one of my own kind. Too bad Juhani hadn't stuck with me! Oh well, who cares...she'd just have to find us on her own.

"Hello," I said to not-Juhani.

She eyed me, then responded, "Greetings. Good or Bad?"

"Bad, of course. Will you stay with me to find our good halves?"

She looked me up and down, then replied, "I suppose so."

I could have told her her other half was on the other side, but that would be much too nice.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm
View Likes
brittbritt12347 says...

[b]madalion[b]

I kept staring at the person with his arms held out.. I wanted an answer but then a girl popped in and I got up slowly in case I had to run for my life. A tiger came from deeper in the woods and it stood beside me like it knew me or something, "who are you and what do you want I demand an answer.. Please?" but noone said a word to me because they acted like I wasn't there so I walked away to go find food. "wow people can be so rude these days." she said to herself. Someone was behind her again but she kept walking in fear of what or most importantly who was behind her. She listened in a little more and their footsteps were light and shallow like they were trying to sneak up on her.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:44 am
View Likes
LostMagi42 says...

Elvery - ((Sorry I havent posted yet. my computer hasnt liked me on the days i tried to get on, and i havent had the chance to get on in a while))

I awoke to the feel of rustling leaves. I groped for my stick, then threw out my mind in an attempt to sense what was going on. My makeshift house was a small underground cavern-like thing that i had found in my travels, and i had made a small house out of it for when I happened this way. reaching out, i found a mind passing through my area, so i found my ladder, climbed out of my house, and began following the person. It became obvious they were paranoid, so I attempted to yell at them. what came out of my mouth i have no clue, but i tried to say "Hey! wait up! Im not going to hurt you!" They seemed to stop and turn around, as I walked right into them quite promptly.
"Hello. Who might you be?" I inquired after regaining my footing.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek