z

Young Writers Society

Fire and Ice (Join it, you know you want to. JOIN!)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Name:Darius Shine

Type:Breed

Appearance:Short spiked red hair. Black eyes. Usually wears a thin leather jacket over a black T-Shirt and jeans.

Personality:Outspoken. Not afraid of getting into trouble.

Weapon:Bow and arrow.

Secret:(: Is unsure who to be loyal to, his lyken father or his vamp mom

Theme song:(: Miserey Business
Last edited by BrooklynWriter on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:56 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Midnight Moon

My barefeet padded across the damp leafy floor. The woods had always calmed me. Only now, something about them unsettle me. Mabey it was that call I'd heard in my dream last night. Yes. I decided. That was it. It mystified me. Questions surrounded it.What was I to do? Where was I to go? They floated around in my head. Buzzing like an annoying swarm of bees, stinging the insides of my head giving me a massive headache. Suddenly I felt a need to lay down. So I did. I lay there there in the middle of the forest floor.

After a few minutes the buzzing got worseI decided that I should just go home and have a cup of warmed blood. I started to get up when suddenly the buzzing in my head exploded and everything went black...

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:24 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow Fire~

The feeling that there was someone who wanted to kill me washed over my body as I glanced at Markuus. They wanted him, they seemed to need him, or they would never be after a human so much. All I had to do was find out why. And I had an idea. Most of the house didn't know that Craven and Demon worked together, but I sure knew, which ment if the Lycans wanted Markuus, so did Craven.

"If the Lycans need you, they can have you," I said, voice low as a scheme was hatching in my mind. It wasn't that hard, really. Threatin Craven that I'd kill Markuus if he didn't let me speak to Demon, and threatin him with the same thing if he didn't tell me why they needed him. The only thing was, Craven didn't care much for the man, or he would have already been out here searching for him.

"What?" he asked, aestruck by my words. "What do you mean they can have me? Who?" Did he really not know, or was he just acting? If he was, he was doing a damn good job at it.

"They Lycans, the beasts that are after you. I'm not going to protect you, like I've said. I'm going to use you, to get to the information." The only fault in my plan was Craven. Maybe it would be best to just find Demon myself--no matter how hard we all knew that would be. Demon wasn't ever easy to find. It took the best of scences to track him down--not just a normal Vampire could get to him. Even I had dificulty tracking his scent and I was the best, though it wasn't impossible. The mutt had a way of staying hidden, covering his tracks when he left. You couldn't even find a pawprint left behind. Even if he was right in front of you, you wouldn't realise it until he spoke. I give him credit for being sneaky, but so was I and half the House.

So, the only thing to do now, was to find a place to stay, and somewhere that was Lycan free. Or maybe just the oposite. I had a few friends that were really undecided to whom they served, just as I was. A few that owed me a favour for saving them. One that would follow me to the end of the world, if that's what it took. And it wasn't long before I was knocking on their door for the first time in ages, waiting in the darkness, cloak pulled around me, and face hidden in the shadow of the hood. The door opened with a creek, and a familiar face peered out at us.

Alright, this is how this is gonna go down! I need one Lycan (anyone) to be on Shadow's side (Just like a spy, really, someone who reports everything that's going on to her). I need YOU to post right now, then Ishy will post. Then, it's free gounds from there. I know I haven't been much in my own storybook, but here I am now, taking control. THIS. WILL. NOT. DIE.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

Reviews: 1
Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:57 pm
Fox says...

C'mon! Someone post! (someone who's a lycan) I don't want this to die. I've already had to drop out of some of my favorite SBs, and I don't want to have to stop on this one too.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:38 pm
asweeney1919 says...

kind of sounds like the movie underworld rise of the likens

116 Reviews

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:45 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

That's what it's based from xD I said that in the first post.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Evi my profile ok? I figured, since she has such a small wolf size, it would be good for spying. I'm goint to be the lyken, if that's ok. And btw? I'm going to try to write from her POV

My mother looked at the lady outside. I hid behind her, scared. She kicked me, pushing me aside. The big vampire scary girl came in uninvited,walking in the house. I watched her as she looked at me with scary eyes.

"A little one, eh Jane?" She asked. I hid behind Mommy, and found she was sweating. She pushed me away, disgust on her face.

"Why are you here, Shadow?" She asked.

"Hm. Not a very nice welcome, is it?"

"Why are you here?" Mommy repeated. The girl, shadow, sighed.

"I need a spy."

"I really... can't now."

"You owe me your Life, Jane."

"I can't. I'm bound here."

"I need a spy!"

"What do you think I should do? Give you my daughter?" Mommy asked. Her eyes narrowed on me. "I would. She isn't good for anything, but spying." Mommy asked, her voice raising in pitch, like she was excited.

"What can she do?" The girl asked.

"Spy."

"Why don't you want her, then?" Mother laughed.

"Her form. She's no bigger than a real wolf." The girl looked at me, and soon crouched.

"If you don't want her, fine. She's lyken, she'll serve my purposes." Mommy pushed me to the girl.

"Mommy!' I shrieked, tears in my eyes.

"Shh, shh, shh." Shadow cooed. I sniffed. "I won't hurt you. I'm shadow. what's your name?" She asked.

"Evi." I mumbled. She took my hand, and I slowly walked away from mommy, the woman who hated me, and kicked me. The only lady I knew, before this shadow girl.

Is this ok?
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:51 am
Fox says...

Aurelie

I groaned. "This is taking forever!" I said.

"She's only been in there for about 7 minutes! Be patient." Markuus said. I glared at him. Did he know who he was messing with?

"First of all, I'm not a very patient person," I said.

"I can see that." he said.

"Second of all," I ignored his comment, "We're fast, and she's one of the fastest. It should have taken her less than 5 minutes." He just rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't keep up that attitude. You're in a car with vampires and soon a lycan. We can kill you in a heartbeat."

"She's not going to kill me." He said, as if with pride. I chuckled.

"You have no idea how it works around here." He was about to make a comment when Shadow started heading towards us, a small little girl by her side. Hmm...she'd be a nice spy. At least I knew Shadow Fire knew what she was doing this time. The little girl got in the back seat with Markuus, and Shadow went to the wheel.

"Aurelie, you should probably go back and tell Craven--" Shadow started, before I interrupted.

"No way! He'll have my head if I don't return with you."

"He'll have your head if you take too long!" She argued.

"Well I don't care! I've been sitting in my room being bored all day, and now I finally have the chance to do something. I'm not going back!" She sighed.

"Fine. I understand." she said. I smiled.

((Hope that's okay...?!)
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

116 Reviews

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:48 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow Fire~

With a smile to Aurelie, I started the car and sped away.

"And the reason I took so long was because she's a kid, Aurelie. She doesn't trust everyone, we of all people must understand. I know it's been a while, but you can't tell me that you've forgotten what it's like to be a child." She was silent, and I let the silence sink in before I said "I was that age when I found out about everything. When I found out about what Craven was--who he was. That was when I found out what I was."

All I had were the memories of that time when I was young, over 500 years ago. If I had known what Craven was before he told me what I had to do, before the prophecies started, I wouldn't be here right now. I would be dead, no doubt, a helpless child still lost on the road. I could still remember what the prophecy scrolls had said--what was written in blood on the ancient papers.

Though the darkness may rise upon the world and take away the light,
There is a power of two found deep within the night.
Totally different, yet absolutly the same they live in peice and suffice,
Just like Fire and Ice...

But I didn't know what it ment. I understood what it ment, what I had to do, where it would take me, the things I had to do, the people I had to meet, the things I had to go through, but nothing showed me what it really ment, what it was really saying. That was what I had to find--that was what I knew I had to find.

Shaking the thoughts away, I focused on the road, driving faster and clenching my hands on the wheel in anger. Of all the things I knew, of all the things I could understand--the things I could figure out--that prochecy was the only thing I didn't understand, and it made me really mad.

"What now?" Aurelie asked, breaking my revere.

"We set the prophecies into motion," I said, going with the flow of my thoughts. Now I had to use the Lycan part of me to find were Demon might be. I closed my eyes, knowing I wasn't going to run off the road. I focused, and soon enough, I could see what another Lycan was seeing. They were in a tunnel that looked like it was deep underground--maybe a sewer tunnel?--and moving deeper. I could see Demon leading the huge pack of Lycans, stopping at every twist and turn to sniff the air. The Lycan I was looking through looked up, and I could see the buildings through vent hole, far above them. Downtown, perfect.

I opened my eyes, a wry smile on my face and drove faster.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

49 Reviews

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Evi

I watched the big scary people as they talked about bad things. I felt Shadow look for someone.They all talked, as I sat, squeezed away from everyone. I briefly saw where the person shadow looked for was, in a tunnel. I looked up at the moon; a day or so and it would be full. I could yell with the real wolves, the one who took me in and sang with me, not caring who i really was. Silence was in the car, like a blankie. The man looked out the window. Was he a big wolf, like mommy? He didn't look like her.

"What's a prophocy?" I asked, mumbling.

"A prophecy," She corrected, "Is something that will happen." The girl, not shadow girl, told me. I mumbled something like 'thank you', and stared lovingly at the moon.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 am
Sunshine says...

> Sabrina<

There was something I didn't know. I watched Shadow fire drive away, a little lycan in her car. The smell of lycan overwhelmed by nose. Well @&$#@. Forget all about me. Never could trust a vampire. Even if I was one. Turning away I drove my car toward the direction i hoped my old Alli was in. I hate to do this but Midnight here I come.

* Hope that's ok Brooklyn*
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:34 pm
View Likes
Fox says...

Aurelie

"You can't tell me that you've forgotten what it's like to be a child." Shadow Fire said. I didn't say anything. To tell the truth, I didn't remember, and the times that I did, I did want to. It was silent for a long time.

"What now?" I asked, trying to break my thoughts, and Shadow's too I could tell, from my childhood.

"We set the prophecies into motion." She replied, then closed her eyes. I knew what she was doing, so I closed mine as well and focused on her thoughts. It was much easier for me to focus on her's than the lycan she was focusing on, considering I never had much interaction with them. We both opened our eyes at he same time, and she smiled. We knew where they were now, and we were going for them.

"What's a prophocy?" The little girl asked.

I tried to be polite, figuring that she probably didn't have a wonderful childhood so far either. "A prophecy is something that will happen." I said as nicely as I could, though I didn't like kids much. I knew that was only because of my past, though. She nodded, then started gazing at the moon, as though she was being hypnotized by it, longing to reach out to it.

We drove for a long time, and I was getting bored. Shadow could sense that I was uncomfortable. "Calm down we're almost there." she said with a chuckle. I sighed. She was right. Eventually, she slowed to a stop and we all got out of the car. "We'll have to continue on foot. Let's try to keep our arrival a secret." It was a little annoying having the kid there, the way Shadow had to break down simple things of common sense. I tried to shake it off, especially when Shadow gave me a look.

Shadow nodded at me to take watch the kid and the guy, then left before I could protest. Of course.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:17 pm
InvaderZim says...

katherine

I was sitting in an allie, watching with curious eyes as a group of people passed by under me. One of them I recognized as Shadow Fire, a half Lyken half Royal. She was one of the Breeds people generally stayed away from, but I wasn't all that scared of her. To be honest, she didn't seem scary at all. She seemed a bit protective maybe, the way she stood over the little child like she was afraid someone might try to take her away from her.

I creeped down from the hiding spot I was in on top of the small building. Keeping my distance and trying to stay quiet, I watched them at a closer distance. I kicked a rock, sending it flying down towards them. My whole body froze as they turned to look at me. Yea, I wasn't scared of the Breed when she didn't see me, but now that her cold black eyes were on me, it frightned me, and I realised this must be how her victums felt. I heard that Shadow was one of the most feared creatures, and I was stuck here in front of her to wonder if she would kill me, or befriend me.
TheGir is my only Gir(:

It's KK yall! <ily>

116 Reviews

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Shadow Fire~

She looked frail, and her light blue eyes showed how scared she was. She was a young Vampire, from what I could see in the light of the moon. She was white, her bones stood out under her almost clear skin. She was worried, most definatly wondering when she was going to die and if it would be by my hand. Her eyes were on me, watching my every move, even as I moved Evi behind me and took a defencive pose in front of her. Stay back, my eyes and low growl seemed to say in union.

"Who are you?" I asked, feeling a tingling sensation all over my body as anger boiled. I was most definatly short tempered, there was no doubting that. She was still frozen, body shaking as her knees threatened to colapse under her.

"Katherine," I heard her whisper, her voice barely audible, but noticably shaking. Such a sweet name and it rang a bell. She reminded me of a friend from long ago, from the days when no one had to worry about Lycans killing off our family and we could go out into the streets and be who we were. But the days had changed all of that, and now we were exiled to stay inside and hide who we were, even from each other. It made me mad, but we all did it, so why was I angry? Even I hid the fact that I'm a Breed, that I'm part Lycan--no matter how much I hated that fact.

I shook away the thought, trying to focus on what was in front of me.

"Katherine," I repeated. "And what are you doing here?" What are you doing here in front of Demon's home? I wanted to ask.

"I was looking," Katherine answered, cutting off at the last word and biting her tounge. Her eyes flashed to Evi in a second and then they were back on my face.

"Looking for a victum," I finished. She looked down. "Well you wont find one where we're going, so leave, or be killed." My threat lingered in the air, and then she was gone--nowhere to be found. Aurelie relaxed a bit, and when I stood up strait again, Evi took my hand again. I looked down at her, hoping she wouldn't be scarred mentally from being near me. Any way that went, we had things to do and a certian amount of time to do them in.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

49 Reviews

Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:16 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Evi Thanks for keeping me in this!

"Looking for a victim," Shadow said. "Well you wont find one where we're going, so leave, or be killed." I shrank as the girl left, grabbing Shadow's hand. I knew the area well enough, well enough to have been in the icky vampire's lair. She was probably going to Hallo Grove, a graveyard where their meeting place was.

"Shadow, are you sure this is the right way?" The man asked.

"Yes." She answered, her voice also saying be quiet! in a way. He got the message and shut up. I dared not ask where we were going. My feet hurt. I had only traveled so far on my pads. I longed to become a wolf, to howl at the moon I loved. I found claws, growing, my jaw expanding, and forced it back. I immediately put a slightly hairy hand over my mouth. I was changing, whether I liked it or not.

"I have to go. I'll find you again." I told Shadow. I hoped she would let me; else I would shift in front of a vampire. She nodded, excusing me. I ran off, turning into a wolf. Not a mutant, a normal wolf. I knew the girl who wasn't Shadow might be looking, but I didn't care. I ran through the woods, before coming to a empty area and howling at the moon and my fellows in the night.

~Dr.Seuss.

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil