z

Young Writers Society

Cuppa Mud Cafe

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:58 pm
jimdandy says...

Ken

Opening my tear stricken eyes and letting a soft sigh breathe. Did I care? Do I not care? It didn't matter any more, I had to face my fears of loneliness and get myself some change.
Sitting up in my bed, my bedding all crumpled to wave-like patterns, I wiped off my eyes and looked over to the silhouette in the doorway.
"Some company would be nice. It's just hard to face my own self, the voices..." Am I really...? It shouldn't matter any more, I'm changing.
"There are a variety of voices in my head that take many different sides in my head. They hurt me often. When I wasn't alone it was nice, I was at peace."
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus
"I didn't lie! I just created fiction with my mouth." - Homer

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:26 am
artsy says...

Sebastian

I sat down on the edge of the bed and my hand searched for his. Once I found it, I took it in mine lightly. He paused for a moment, as if he was waiting on me to speak. "Keep speaking." I urged softly.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

8 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm
jimdandy says...

Ken

I continued on calmly. "I was always in a way dependant like that. I nearly required a companion in order to keep my voices quiet and in check."
Looking up at Seb's face, eyes a tinge of red and tear stains on my cheeks. "It was the way the pan flashes, and the way the whip lashes. I hope you don't think I'm weird or anything, it's just my damned mind."
"Seemed to start after Heather went away, I just couldn't handle much then and I did things I regret doing. I improved little but I didn't have that support."
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." - Epicurus

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 pm
artsy says...

Sebastian

I moved closer and wrapped him in a hug. He was a sorry sight, if anything. I squeezed his hand a little before relaxing it. He had his heart wrapped around this 'Heather'. She must've been something special to him. "I don't think you're weird." I said quietly. "Not in a bad way. I believe weird people are some of the best kind. And you seem like a good person." I chose my worda carefuly.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

8 Reviews

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm
jimdandy says...

Ken

"Well, thanks." I said, "Though the hour is late, and I wouldn't want for you to be deprived of sleep so I'll leave you to it."
I slid out of her hand and guided Seb out the door.
"Knock if you need anything." She nodded and I closed the door, and prepared for bed.

8 Reviews

Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:59 pm
jimdandy says...

And with the 50th post upon this thread. I do sadly declare this grand tale to an abrupt close.

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm
olivere says...

The door opened slowly as I walked into the café. It was crowded but I found an empty table in the back. I opened my jacket pocket and pulled out an unmarked envelope, read the letter again I made sure this was the meeting place. I was here to meet Felix Lancaster, an old friend from when I worked as a courier, we hadn't talked since we were both fired. Felix was my manger, he was a old man but still acted like a twenty year old. He was more reckless than I was, and that's something. He had left Riverside on his Harley a few hours after we were fired, but not before he messed around with the bosses wife. Felix wasn't usually vengeful, and I suspected that he did it for me. I confirmed that I was in the right café and waited. There was so much I wanted to say to him.

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero