Young Writers Society

Redmon Resort [started, always accepting]

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:35 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

*Mia- Lobby* (I must insist on everyone doing this please.)

Mia sighed and slammed her book shut. She just couldn't focus. She walked back inside the lobby and up to Marco.

"Hey, Mia. Grant told me to invite you to his party." Marco called as he gave a girl her room key.

"Ugh, fuck that." Mia snapped. Grant was the grandson of Mr. Redmon, the resort's owner. Grant was a young and mischievous boy of twenty-one, with shaggy black hair and alluring green eyes. He flaunted his wealth and importance, often hostig parties so he could sleep with every young woman here. Excluding Mia.

"You know you have to." Marco warned. Grant had taken an obsessive intrest in Mia, demanding she went to his parties. He claimed it was because he 'loved' her, but everyone knew he hoped to get her drunk so he could take advantage of her. He had threatened to kick her out of the resort if she declined his 'gracious invitation'. Mia's parents, being good friends with the Redmon's, would be mortified at their daughters' rudeness and would kill her.

"I suppose." Mia said lightly, her hands balling into fists. She hated Grant, so much.

"Excuse me. Is this party for all the guest?" The girl questioned, the room key hanging blankly in her hand.

"Yes. It starts at eight in the dance studio." Marco glanced at her pointedly. The girl nodded and grabbed her luggage, her face lit up. No doubt she was going to spread the news.

Mia sighed and thanked Marco, walking over to the water fountain by the elevator. She really didn't want to go to that rotten party.

((There's the party, like I said, located in the dance studio. Starts at 8.))
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:15 pm
View Likes
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Post Deleted
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:18 pm
View Likes
SmylinG says...

Cruz | Pool

I stepped eagerly up to the pools edge, ready to make my leap into the crisp chorine water. The smell of it wafted heavily in the air around me. I loved the smell. The smell of vacation.

Gently I shoved off in a downward facing dive. My body pierced through the small wavey surface like a knife through butter. I held myself down, deeper and deeper with the speed which I'd used to hit the surface propelling me onward. When my lungs were nice and tight and ready to take in air, I shot up like a pencil to the surface.

Man that felt good.

The pool area was all but calm. There were a few people here, but not many. One mother and her two children. One chubby middle aged man soaking it up in a jaccuzzi nearby. Another man, more Lance Armstrong of a build. Then there caught my eye, sunbathing in the light of the enclosed windows, two very pretty looking girls. There were more lounge chairs spread out near them. What better way to begin making my acquaintance than at the pool?

I swam to the edge and yanked myself up and out onto the concrete tiled floor. I grabbed my towel and meandered casually on over. They seemed to notice me about midway, before it was apparent I was heading over for them. They each lent a smile and a tilt of their heads. Interest. I walked over.

"Hi there," one girl, the brunette headed girl, said to me as I angled toward a lounge to lay on.

"Hey," I uttered politely back. Girls had a tendency to always be more talkative than me. I was aware that if I just sat here in the sun nearby, there'd be more of a chance of meeting new faces if I remained quiet. My theory was correct.

"Did you just check in? I haven't seen your face around here before now."

"Yeah, actually," I answered while smudging a hotel pool towel around my drenched body.

The other girl, the blonde, then spoke. "I'm Tara. That's Nina. You are?"

"Cruz."

"Cruz," they each played back in syncronized voices. As if they'd never heard the name before.

"Well, Cruz, you here with anybody?" the brunette, Nina, asked me. She began rising. Both of them did, as if ready to leave.

"No actually. Just here on my own."

They each grabbed a heavy tote back laying beside them; filled with who knows what pointless things girls took to the pool.

"Oh. That's no fun," the blonde, Tara, uttered.

Of course it wasn't fun. Not starting out. I wasn't a recluse though. I made friends pretty easily. I decided to play it off. "Yeah, I'm realizing that."

Nina reached into her bag, pulling out a small notepad and a pen in hand. She began scribbling something on it before peeling away the used note and extending it out to me to have.

"There's a party tonight. In the dance studio near the main lobby. You should come, there'll be tons of kids there. Including us," she ended with a small twinkle in her eye.

I stared down at the sticky note in my hand for a moment. I could find the dance studio well on my own. There was no reason to write it down for me. Or perhaps that was simply an excuse to jot down her number.

"We're headed back now to get changed and grab somethig to eat, but maybe we'll see you there?"

Her tone was confident. She wasn't just anticipating me to come,  she was telling me to come. Hence the cell phone number.

"Uh. Yeah, sure," I uttered back before they could turn to leave. I guess I was going to a party.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:38 pm
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Chandler | Lobby

Chandler ran a hand through his wet hair and looked around the lobby. He didn't know what he wanted to do next, or where he wanted to explore. He was happy just finding someone to talk to, but he couldn't do that, he was too scared to go up and talk to someone he didn't know.

He sighed and sat down on one of the open couches. He watched and observed the many people that came in and out of the lobby, bored out of his mind. A couple of girls came out of the doors leading to the outdoor pool. They giggled, paused, and looked around.

Probably for someone to flirt with, he thought.

They looked over at him and giggled again, walking towards him in what they thought was a seductive manner.

"Hi," one of them said, twirling her hair.

"Hello."

"Are you, like, alone?" the other asked.

"Uhm, I don't think I'm what you're looking for." Chandler winked and stood up, trying to get away.

"Of course you are!" the first one giggled, and grabbed on to his arm. "You're like, so hot!"

He laughed hesitantly for a few seconds and pried her hands off of his arm. "Haha, well thank you, but I meant that I play for the other team. Speaking of which, my boyfriend is right over there," Chandler said, pointing to a random guy in the lobby. He left the stunned girls and walked toward the man he just pointed to.

"Hey." The man turned around and smiled.

"Hi. What's your name?"

"Chandler, and yours?"

"Jay."

Chandler smiled at Jay and stepped closer to whisper to him. "Uhm, I'm sorry if I seem creepy or you want to run away from me after this question, but would you mind pretending to be my boyfriend so those girls will leave me alone?" he asked, pointing to the girls that were still watching him suspiciously.

"Sorry, really sorry if I'm creeping you out, but please! And I'll leave you alone after, I swear." Chandler smiled apologetically, hoping his answer will be a yes.
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:08 pm
View Likes
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Serra Fira
I sat in the lobby reading The Princess Bride for the fifth time around. I heard high pitched giggling approach me and I looked to see a gaggle of girls heading towards me. "Hi!" A blonde girl said perkily. "Hello." I said coolly polite. "So do you know there's a party tonight in the dance studio?" She asked obviously nervous. "No but now I do." I replied. "So you here alone?" She asked. "Yes." I said. I stood smoothly and stepped forward and they all jerked back as if I were going to hit them. "Leave him alone." I said jerking my chin towards the shorter of two boys who were talking quietly. "But their like so hot!" A brunette squealed. "But they so aren't interested!" I immitated. She looked ticked off. "But he plays for the other team." A girl pouted. "And I play for both!" I said a bit loudly. "So get over yourselves and find a guy who is your type." I added.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

17 Reviews

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 pm
View Likes

Post Deleted
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:32 am
View Likes
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Jay ¬

Was he seriously asking me this question! Uh, hell yeah!

"Sure, they hounding you?" Bet they are.

"Yeah. Can't be bothered, to be honest," Neither was I

"So, what exactly do I have to do?" This could get interesting.....

"Nothing much. Just pretend," I sure didn't need to do that.

I grinned at him and linked my arm through his, and in a slightly louder voice said,

"How are you today babe?"

"I'm fine,"

He smirked at me, and it took all of my will power not to burst out laughing. The girls all looked dismayed and wandered off, and only when they'd disappeared did I start laughing.

"Well, I did my job," I grinned at him, "But I bet my heart that it'll be you following them tommorow,"

I didn't let the sadness enter my voice, just grinned at him.

** I won't be suprised if it's Chandler who is creeped out now XD **
Signature Pending

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:10 pm
View Likes
Yuriiko says...

Leona Clement:

After setting her luggage in her room, Leona took a walk around the Lounge- searching for a place to eat. There were a lot of people checking in now than before, and she wondered the reason why.

“Excuse me, miss?” A concierge tapped her shoulder and it made Leona jump a bit in shock.

“Y-yes?” turned around to the man in suit.

“There’s going to be a party at exactly eight o’clock in the dance studio. Everyone is invited and you don’t want to miss this social opportunity."

Before Leona could reply, the concierge smiled at her and walked away. Leona chuckled at the said party. What is this, an acquaintance party like a first year in a university? Leona looked around her and saw the “Studio” sign. At last. She might relax a bit and feed her hungry stomach. Of course, there were going to free foods, right? And in a dance studio? Was there going to be a ball or a disco later? She was never good at dancing. Sigh. Leona massaged her temples as she paced slowly towards the party area. Was her dress enough or a good attire for the said event? Leona looked at her dress for a minute. Well, she might not spend hours there and for the fact that she didn't know anyone. Was she going to enjoy this? Enjoy or not, this was going to be a good chance to get socialized, or well at least, to know someone.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

126 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 pm
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Chandler | Lobby

Chandler laughed at Jay's comment. "Actually, I really am gay." He smiled sheepishly, wondering if that was too much to break to a stranger.

Jay quirked an eyebrow and his eyes lit up discreetly. "Really? Well, so am I. Listen, I hear there's a party tonight, care to join me?"

Chandler chuckled to himself a little before taking out a pen and writing his cell phone number on Jay's hand. He re-capped the pen and started backing away. "Call me tonight?" He smiled and turned around, blushing excitedly to himself, giddy enough to jump around the lobby and rub it in his parent's face.

He walked calmly back into his room and locked the door before pumping his fist in the air. "Score!" he shouted. This hotel was a lot better than he thought.

**Hope I stayed in Jay's character? XP sorry if I didn't and it seemed too rushed.**
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

42 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Jay | In the Lobby. Stunned. Very Stunned XD ¬

I think I stayed in exactly the same position, staring after Chandler, for about three minutes before the past ten caught up with me.

I could have burst out crying or wooping. Instead, I turned my back on a very suspicious Reception Lady and walked calmly back to my room.

I sat on the edge of my bed and stared at the number on my hand.

Did I dare?

I pulled out my phone and keyed in the number.

Did I dare?

What if he wasn't gay. Had I missed some kind of joke? Was it him just being witty after I'd pretended to be his boyfriend? But my heart skipped a beat as I contemplated texting him.

Did I dare?

I hadn't exactly told him I was gay. What if he thought I was straight?

To: Chandler,
SENT 15:06

Hey. It's ur boyf here (;
Hop the grls ain't botherin
u. C u round sumtime?
Maybe we shud meet up
b4 the party. Txt me back.
-- J xxx

The message sent with a buzz. I sighed and layed back on the bed. Had I been too forward? I'd probably creeped him out.
I sighed. I remebered the last party I'd been too. I'd been drunk and kissed a guy. Yes, I was drunk. There was no denying that. There was also no denying the fact I'd enjoyed it.

I knew for a fact kissing Chandler would be a whole lot better.

I shoved the thoughts from my mind.

I started to unpack when my phone vibrated.

I nearly threw my self onto the bed. What had Chandler said...?

To: Jay
RECIEVED: 15:19

Hey. Can't believe you kissed
George last night. U must have
been seriously pissed. ;D
Rumours going round saying that
your actually gay. I mean,
seriously? LOL. I mean, you've only
just dumped Georgia, haven't you?
Well, you dumped her after the party,
so people reckon you're gay now.
Georgia's so upset that I asked her
out. Y'know I always liked her.
Cya soon, I hope. (;

Wow. Rumours spread that fast?

Georgia.

Before I'd been gay, I hated it when Dann would drop hints about liking her. It used to make my blood boil. Now?

Now I knew I didn't like her. I liked boys. I liked Chandler. Funny how I'd known him all of two minutes and I did.

I held the phone and sat back on the bed, waiting for him to text me back.

Maybe Redmond wasn't such a bad idea after all.

*** Gah! Chatspeak! >.< Horrible thing. Can't write it without wincing. ***
Signature Pending

17 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Post Deleted
Last edited by MisunderstoodDreamer on Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

126 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 am
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Chandler | Room 3

Chandler flopped over on his bed. Thoughts of what to wear to the party ran through his head while he stared at his phone. Come on, Chandler, buddy. He's not gonna text yet... I mean, you gave him your number like three seconds ago...

He sighed and put his phone down on the bed, burying his face in his pillow. Suddenly, his phone vibrated and he jumped. His arm reached out too fast and knocked the phone to the ground before sliding under the bed. Chandler silently screamed and jumped off of the bed, lying on his stomach to find his phone.

"Come on... Come on!!" He grabbed hold of something rectangular and solid. "GOT IT!!" he yelled. Quickly, he flipped his phone open to his keyboard and stared at the unknown number. HE became nervous and his finger hesitated over the OK button. He clicked it.

SENT 15:06

Hey. It's ur boyf here (;
Hop the grls ain't botherin
u. C u round sumtime?
Maybe we shud meet up
b4 the party. Txt me back.
-- J xxx

Chandler smiled and started tapping away at the tiny letters.

SENT 15:16

Haha hey ;P
Thx 4 ur concern bt evn
if they wr bthring me,
u cud just b my bf again (;
My room nbr is 3. Meet me
@ 7.30? Cnt w8. C u soon (;

~XxChandyxX~

Chandler stared at his text. He rolled his eyes at his signature, but sent the message anyway. He was way too lazy to change it to something less stupid. His friends gave him that nickname to annoy him a few years back and when one of them stole his phone and changed his signature, he was too lazy to do anything about it.

And now we wait... Chandler thought impatiently.

17 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:52 am
View Likes

Lily Carter - Lobby/Pool

"May I help you, ma'am?" The man at the front desk asked.

"Yes, actually! I am Minjonet Carter." I replied with a smile.

"Ah, yes, Miss Carter." He said slowly and quietly, mostly to himself I supposed, typing my name into the computer. As he did so, I looked at the lobby in awe. "Here you go Miss. Room 4." He said.

"Oh!" I said, turning back around to face him. "Thank you Mr......Marco!" He smiled, and I took the key from his hand. I made my way upstairs on the elevator. My bags almost completely covered the floor, and it was a pretty large elevator! I would have gotten help from the bellhop boy, but he seemed to already have much more than he could handle.

I looked up and down the halls until I finally found my room. I could see the pool from my window, and it looked pretty clean, so I decided to give it a go once I finished getting my things unpacked. Of course, I was anxious to wait that long so I just left my bags on my bed, got one of my many mismatched swimsuits on, threw on my coverup, and hit the water!

Spoiler! :
ImageImageImage

I dangled my feet over the edge of the pool. The water felt amazing! There weren't many people in it, so it was nice and quiet. I pulled out my book and swung my feet through the water as I slowly read. Of course, the blissfulness couldn't last forever. Soon enough, a few girls started talking, loud enough for it to disturb me, to a guy who looked like he was trying to relax. I watched them for a while until they left. How did they do it? I was awful at talking with guys. Then again, I was awful at talking with anybody!

Of course, with my luck, the boy noticed I was looking at him. I blushed and returned to my book, but I couldn't help glancing back again, just to see that he was still looking at me, a very confused look on his face. My face began to get very hot, and I could tell I was blushing majorly.

**This is your character, SmylinG. Hope that's okay, and I didn't play him wrong!**
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

42 Reviews

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:30 am

Jay | Room 1 ¬

Vrrrrt, Vrrrrt, Vrrrrt!

I nearly threw the ohone into the air.

SENT 15:16

Haha hey ;P
Thx 4 ur concern bt evn
if they wr bthring me,
u cud just b my bf again (;
My room nbr is 3. Meet me
@ 7.30? Cnt w8. C u soon (;

~XxChandyxX~

To: Chandler
SENT: 15:30

Haha. I wouldn't mind (; xx
7:30? God, that seems AGES.
Well, I might be slightly early,
or slightly late. I'm off to the
Gym and I'll probably
get lost. (; Cya soon.
So excited. xxx
-- J xxx

I fliped back to his text. Chandy. I smiled and tucked my phone into my pocket and pulled out my kit. Well, I'd took it if I got bored, but now I had a friend - well....- I might as well bulk up. I shoved my bag under my bed and went, glancing at Number 3 as I did so.

---

I was sat in the Gym on the running machine when I glanced at the time. 6:30. God, I swear time crawled by too slow for my liking. I hopped off and went over to the showers. I hunted round for my top and found that someone had stolen it. My favorite Bench top. I scowled. I had a quick dunk in the shower, a tight knot in my chest, and pulled on my jeans. I think the fact I'd been thinking so much about Chandy was why I walked into his room. I looked up to find him anxiously folding his clothes awy.

"Sorry! I needed my top and I came in her accidently-"

I slung the towel over my shoulders and winced. "Sorry,"
Signature Pending

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:03 pm
View Likes
SmylinG says...

Cruz | Pool

The two girls sauntered off, leaving me in the same spot I had originally started out in heading to the pool. Although, in the time I had walked away from the poolside, in did come a few new faces. A slow traffic flow, but traffic no less. As I lifted my head, there sat a new girl at the pool's edge, glancing over at me discretely from beneath her lashes. She quickly reverted her attention back down into her book. Not a moment had passed before she was already glancing back up at me. A certain wariness present in her eyes.

I slipped the little piece of paper that was still in my hand into my now dampened towel, then stood. Would be a shame to come to the pool and not stay longer to cool off. The day was warm, and the area was so empty looking. The water's surface so calm and flat. More faces to potentially meet while the day was still young, and this "hotel party" didn't start until later this evening.

I was near the edge now, a few feet from the reddish-haired girl sitting down with her feet dipped into the water. What was the point of dipping your feet in the water ever? Why not just swim. I arced my body into a sharp downward angle before making my decent back into the cool chlorine water. Before making a complete dive, I heard a squeal. One of those miniature little girly squeals that quite amused me when I knew I'd caused them. Non-purposefully of course. I rose from the water, sweeping the drenching wet hair out of my eyes. Poolside girl had received a delicate splashing from my near-by dive. Hardly wet she was, although her book. . .

"I'm sorry," I smiled, with a sincere apology. "I didn't think I'd dove that close."

She looked up at me like a deer in headlights. Was I that petrifying?

"Uh-- no, no. It's alright," she uttered while removing her feet from the water and scooting away from the pool's edge with her damp paper back in hand.

I swam to the ladder near the edge and took a lean. "Did I ruin your book?"

She laughed, almost nervously, before shaking her head. "No, it'll live... -I think."

I wondered if she was a regular here. If she'd be headed to that so-called party tonight. Surely most all the youth here would be attending. I mean, it seemed like that kind of gig. Or was it that kind of gig? "Sorry if I seem nosy for asking, but you wouldn't happen to know anything about a party tonight, in the dance studio near the lobby, would you?"

"Excuse me?" she uttered in a soft voice.

I guess that was a no. I shook my head. "Nevermind. I'm uh, Cruz. You are?"

She hesitated a moment. Staring at me as if only slowly deciphering what I had just said before skipping to an answer "Minj-- I mean Lillian. Lily Carter."

Minj Lillian Lilly Carter?

"S'it okay if I just call you Lilly?"

She nodded slowly. "Sure."

I smiled then shoved off the railing back into the center of the deep end of the pool. I was about to swim off when my mouth decided to open again. Curse my intuition to make friends.

"You gonna swim or are you just gonna sit there with your book all day?"

She stared at me again. Stared for a good few seconds before responding. Did I have something on my face? I was in the water, that didn't make sense.

"Uh. Yeah, of course I'm gonna swim."

She walked her book over to an empty pool chair to set it down where it was safe from water, then meandered back on over to the edge. I waded in a lazy back stroke, watching as she slowly dipped in, not even jumping in, but sliding gingerly along the edge into the pool's surface. I couldn't hold back a chuckle. It was too amusing. Just jump, I thought.

Spoiler! :
From what I gathered of your previous post, MisunderstoodDreamer, it seemed like your character was a bit of an unnatural talker with boys. x] Even though Cruz for the most part is rather nice. If there's anything you don't like about the way I played out your character, feel free to say so. I figured I played it as safe as I could after reading your prof. though.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor