z

Young Writers Society

The Mirror's Curse (full!)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:02 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo:

As the Girl in the tree made her way down slowly, Itaeo moved over towards the dragon. he eyed him up and down and stuck out his normal hand.

"Alright Hector, we started off on the wrong foot, or in Rosalie's place an arm. if you stop calling me a farmer I'll stop being a smart ass. deal?" hector looked at the offered hand, Itaeo rolled his eyes.

"This is how normal fae say hello, I had to learn this so I see no reason why you shouldn't. we shake hands, not to tightly and not limp like a dead fish." Hector with an obvious effort choked down his pride and shook the offered hand. Itaeo faced the group now including their eavesdropper.

"We've all got started on the wrong foot, I've bowled over Rosalie, scared Kylar near to death, almost strangled his gecko thing and insulted Hector-" he looked at their new companion as she stood chewing on her lip.

"Your the only person I haven't done something too, so I will apologize in advance for anything I might do in future." he paused and took a deep breath.

"I'm willing to start again clean slate so, I'm Itaeo Haruon, I'm a death magician or grim reaper whatever floats your boat. I'm from the deserts of the east and I'm travailing in this country to find someone." he looked around "Who's next?"
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 pm
SubjectBlue says...

"Grim reaper! that's the term, and I thought it was serious farmer all the time! that explains your annoyed act. and I know how to shake hands by the way, I just don't like it."
I looked at the people there, annoying bunch, but there was something about them, something dark.
"Do tell, how did you all came to contact with evil artifacts?"
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

When Hector mentioned the cursed Mirror, I felt tears forming in my eyes. I take a deep breath to hold it in and kneel. I bury my face in my hand and reminisce. My first friend, dead. The people around me looked on. I take another deep breath and stand back up again, but with tears in my eyes.

"I've never seen the Mirror before," I lied. I turn and walk towards the Springs, bend down, and wet my face. I continue this, until I get the boy out of my mind. I shake my head and laugh quietly. It's just the past, you're in the present, I reminded myself. I never want to see that cursed Mirror again. If I encounter it, ever, might as well destroy it on the spot.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

83 Reviews

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:37 pm
SubjectBlue says...

I smiled, I knew someone will break- "When did I ever say anything about a mirror?"
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 am
Noelle says...

Sounds like a great story! Can I still join?
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:18 pm
KingLucifer says...

Awww man all guy slots are taken I had thought of joining.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:12 pm
gleek456 says...

(Noelle, yeah I guess you could join, there are more female slots open.)

Rosalie Levia

I make my way over to the group, after my little episode. Hector looked confused by my actions. I hold up my hand, and Hector stayed silent.

"It's fine, forget about it," I said. "You mentioned something about the cursed or evil artifacts?" I asked, changing the subject. Hector nodded his head.

"Yes, until you burst and walked away," he replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, did you come in contact with any of them?" I asked Hector.
Last edited by gleek456 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:26 pm
SubjectBlue says...

That was kind of rewriting history, but nevermind.
Very important, Hector does not call people little lady and such.

"All the time, you are talking about magical things, and I am a dragon, what did you expect."- I said, watching with caution. The fae people can blame me for that as well, these annoying fleshy things.
I was quite surprised too, I'd expect such a burst from a fae, but nymphs? Despite the deceiving looks, nymphs are closer to dragons then to fae. From the other hand, race doesn't matter, the pathetic and weak will always exist, in all races, but I always enjoyed more watching weak creatures that come from races who had a chance. A fae will always be weak, they're born this way, a weak nymph only have itself to blame.
"Dark artifacts? Hmm... I've seen some. Go ahead though, you were just telling us about this mirror..."- I remarked, grinning.

For Free!
topic86079.html

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:39 pm
gleek456 says...

(Oh, sorry! I'll be careful next time when writing a post with Hector in it.)

Rosalie Levia

I glared at Hector when he mentioned the Mirror again. Did he not see my little scene by the Spring? Gosh, what does a Nymph have to do to get people to understand her!

"A mirror? Didn't I tell you that I've never seen it before?" I reminded Hector. Hector just grinned.

"Yes, but you mentioned the Mirror when I didn't," he responded. I started to get annoyed, and took deep breaths to calm myself down.

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:51 pm
SubjectBlue says...

The little nymph started to breath heavily, I could have watched that for hours.
The self-righteous corpse smelling thing intervened: "Leave her, Hector, she obviously doesn't want to talk about it."
I opened my mouth, intending to metaphorically slay him with a sharp witty reply- when the second self-righteous one, the arrogant bird, agreed: "Leave her alone, dragon. You started the conversation, so why won't you begin?"
I shook my head, those two were not fun at all.
"Stop being so touchy, I'm interested in what she has to say."- I said, noticing the anger in the nymph eyes as we argued about the entire without even including her, if I'll do things correctly- she might just snap.

Fun.

For Free!
topic86079.html

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:00 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

"You're interested in what I have to say?," I asked. I continued breathing deeply to calm down and keep the fury in and not out. The dragon seems to be having fun with this, and it annoyed me so much. I flipped my hair. The dragon nodded.

"Well, there's a Mirror, and it's cursed, just like the Ring, and the Book, and the Sword," I said, smiling. I put my hand son my hips to show that I'm satisfied with what I said.

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:03 pm
Shadowlight says...

(Just realized that these storybooks are meant to be written in first person...ops! Sorry about folks I'll switch over. If it's a little rough at first I apologize, I don't usually write in first person.)

Itaeo Haruon:

Rosalie was very distressed, an idiot with half a brain could see that. She was upset and where I had sat down I could see the water in her lagoon become restless too, if hector kept pushing her there was no knowing what she might do. I knew what happened to the eastern nymphs when they got like this and it wasn't pretty. I had tried to get the dragon to leave her but he seemed intent on breaking her. The more she talked the more agitated she became

Someone had to defuse this situation, and there only seemed to be one way to do that.

“I first saw the mirror when a peddler showed it to me almost a year ago. I realized to late what it was- I had already looked into it.”

I came to think afterwords saying this so bluntly might not have been the best course of action, but I couldn't take it back now. Everyone's eyes were on me, even hector seemed slightly impressed.

“Well that was just stupid of you! And I thought reapers were able to sense magic.” he snickered. I wanted to beat him soundly, I admit it, but that would not serve any purpose here... maybe another day.

(did I do hector better this time blue?)

82 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:16 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

I roll my eyes at Hector's reply, then turn to Itaeo. He looked like he regretted what he just said, but it's too late to take it back.

"Well, I had the Mirror too, but I didn't look into it, I was too afraid," I said.

"So what did you do with it?" Itaeo asked. I thought for a moment, to remember.

"Oh right! I discarded it," I said, bowing my head. I could've destroyed it on the spot, but I didn't know what would happen. Would the Mirror's powers be destroyed like it's holder? Or would the power's aura surround the area? I've never heard anyone destroy a cursed artifact before, so I was scared.

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:25 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Sly, degrading and just plain you-know-what hole, perfect.

"I thought I felt it earlier, I should have known." I looked at them, "What?! Dragons sense magic, It's our Strongest sense, you know!" I explained, "An expert farmer-" I empathized the word, shamelessly enjoying his little twitch- "like you, and you don't know that? If I were you, I would've been embarrassed." I turned to the bird: "And such a distinguished and experienced, well, fowl such as you? Really?"- I knew they didn't took me seriously, I also knew, however, that they, despite their best efforts, couldn't avoid being effected by my words.
"That's all very interesting... farmer... but I was listening to- Rosie? here, she was telling us how she contacted the mirror.
Really now, watch your manners." I said, trying not to burst laughing by the looks on their faces.

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:26 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo Haruon:

I really wanted to kill that dragon but I just rolled my eyes at him.

" just shut up you big ball of gas." I know it was a cheap shot, oh well. I turned to Rosalie.

“You were smarter than me, I should have known better than to look.”

the full implications of what she said didn't register for a moment because of hectors stinging remarks but then it hit me. She discarded the mirror?! I could feel the color draining from my face.

"Where did you put it? It will poison the area surrounding it with evil.”
Last edited by Shadowlight on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink