z

Young Writers Society

House of Murder

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:32 am
Dragonette says...

>Sorry for being late, the last few days haven't allowed me near the computer long enough to do anything but read the posts, and even then I'm not sure I'm quite caught up. So I'll attempt to bring Dey in. BTW, I finished his profile<

Dey~

I decided to come to the meeting, which is not like me. I usually don't get into programs like this, but when I heard that people were randomly dissapearing, I figured it was important enough to check out. I mean, nothing this mysterious or something that causes people to worry like this happens unless I'm involved. Man, I'm losing my touch. Anyways I came to the meeting a sat around for awhile. I heard something about all of the eighteen year olds being the victims, but I didn't need to worry about that, I was only sixteen and I planned on being out of the orphanage long before then.

I started getting kinda bored after a while, so when I saw Piper sitting by herself I hopped up and joined her. Grabbing her bag, I pulled out one of the many notebooks in her collection. At first she protested, but as soon as she figured out that my arms were longer then her's, she simply glared at me and turned back to the notebook in her arms. I hunkered down, leaned against the wall and opened the notebook. As I flipped through the pages of the "borrowed" book, I started realizing that Piper had some talent. I discovered short stories that she had written that took me back in time, to another world or just over the fence; she was an excellent writer. But the thing that I liked the most were the sketches; but they were all black and white pencil drawings. Finally, my creative instincts couldn't hold myself back any longer. There was a cute clown scribbling that was just begging for color. I drew out a couple sharpies from my pocket and started filling the sketch out. When I was satisfied with my work, I bumped Piper's arm to get her attention and held it up.

She smiled, "Cool."

I smiled back, proud of myself, and signed my signature next to her's at the bottom of the page. Just as I finished, a voice of one of the owners came on the loud speakers. "There will be a meeting in the mess hall immediatly--all children report there now. I repeat all children report to the mess hall now."

I helped Piper get her stuff into her bag, but then sat back. "Aren't you coming?" She asked when she realized I wasn't following.

I shrugged, I had always specifically disobeyed authority, I wasn't about to stop now. She looked at me with some-what worry. "Maybe," I answered. And maybe I would, I would just be a little late.

>I hope this is ok with you, Brooklen. If there's anything wrong with the way I portrayed your character, just pm me about it and I'll fix it.<
Last edited by Dragonette on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:27 pm
fictionfanatic says...

I would post, but I don't know what to do
Live, Love, Laugh

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 pm
DelanieHeart says...

Due to unfortunate RL events I will not be as active as I'd like, therefore I have to drop my obligations to this SB. Sorry :(

Writing is a haven. Writing is a solitude. Writing is a passion.

-- Delanie Heart

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 pm
Camulaeus says...

I'm sorry but I won't be able to post for a while; feel free to use Banksy however you want while i'm gone
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Thanks for letting me know guys. Sorry if this totally sucks, I'm holding a sleeping baby!

~Ashton~

Everyone was packing into the large mess hall, talking like crazy. This was a first, the Supervisor calling a meeting. All the years I'd been here I had never seen the Supervisor, and now she was calling us all to a meeting? She probably wouldn't even show up, she'd probably send someone else down to speak to us. The sad thing was, she knew all of our names and who's face it belonged to. Will had once came up with a theory that they put cameras everywhere to watch us, but that was simply a theory because he could never prove it.

In any case, I was wondering what she was going to tell us, and if it had anything to do with the disappearing children. She'd probably tell us they ran away, or that they were adopted and they had families now. Not that anyone would believe that bullcrap. Whatever she was going to say, I was listening to.

Will

Was this really manditory? Did we really have to have a meeting right now? I supposed now was better thyan never, but really? What could they possibly say that would make us feel safer? This was a woman we had never met before telling us everything was safe again and that nothing bad would happen after this. I let out a sigh as I found a place next to Leda, who looked just as stressed as I was.

"What do you think she's going to say?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure, but whatever it is I'm sure its a lie," she said wistfully. I smiled at the way she said it and looked around the room. Ash was sitting by herself and most everyone else was talking to someone else. I felt bad for Ash, she was nice to everyone yet no one returned the favor.

My thoughts were broken when the mess hall doors flew open and in came a tall blonde woman with her curly hair pulled up and heels on. She wore a button up shirt and a skirt that went to her knees. Two Orphanage Keepers--both men--stood on either side, wearing navy blue suits. It was her--it was the Supervisor. We finally saw her, for the first time ever.

(Supervisor post is coming, so don't make her say anything just yet)
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 am
BrooklynWriter says...

Piper

It was a quick walk to the mess hall. Along the way, I passed people who were either too scared to go to the assembly, or too scared not to. I was ashamed of the people that I had spent years of my life with. I was so, so sick of everyone being so afraid of this stupid supervisor. I just didn't understand how someone could be afraid of someone who was obviously too insecure to show her face and always used a stupid lakey to do her dirty work. I doubted today would be an exception.

When I did make it to the mess hall I found a table in a far back corner. It was far away from other orphans. I took the notebook that Dey had been looking at, out of my bag. I flipped past untouched short stories and drawings. Finally, I found the clown that he had colored. I looked at the raw sharpie marks that added such life to my mundane drawing. I had to get myself some sharpies. I decided to ask Dey to borrow some of his when I saw him next... if I saw him next.

It was amazing how you could see someone everyday for years or even lifetimes and yet, in a way, never see them. It was as if you could see and yet be blind. After a while I decided to incorporate these words into a poem. When I was done, I realized it was really all about Dey.

(Hope thats okay Dragon)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:31 am
untameabletiger says...

~Leda~

Everyone was told to come to some meeting, I almost bailed, but with all these people missing, I didn't want to take that chance. I sat down and watched as Jewel and Liam sat together across the room,that on its own almost brought the tears back, but I swallowed them. More and More people were filling the room, I never noticed how few there was of us now. Will sat down beside me so quietly I didn't realize he was there until he spoke.

"What do you think she's going to say?' he asked

"I'm not sure, but whatever it is I'm sure its a lie," I responded. I wondered why he sat by me, no one except Liam usually sat by me.

He smiled and looked around, his eyes lingered on Ash. My heart fell. I don't know why I felt the way I did, but I was swept emotionless when Mrs. Blondie came strutting in through the door that had been forced open. I didn't like this woman already. Perhaps its because she gave off that 'slut' vibe, or maybe it was because we had lived in that dreadful place most of our lives and she had never even shown herself. To me, she sort of looked like a tiger waiting to pounce on anything that moves. Her presence alone filled me with anger almost as strong as my hatred for my dad leaving us alone. I plastered on a fake half smile and dug my nails into my palm, not wanting to make a scene.
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 pm
Dragonette says...

Dey~

After a while of sitting there, I finally decided to get up and join the meeting. It's what I normally do, get there at a time that is just enough to annoy the crap out of the person. I am never on time, I'm either late, don't go at all or, in rare cases, early. So, when I walked in, I expected that I would be interrupting the meeting; I was hoping that I would enter in the middle of an important announcement. But when I walked in, it was dead quiet. The closed doors echoed behind me, but nobody noticed, they were all looking at a blond woman that I had never seen before. I moved over to the table where Piper was sitting and dropped down beside her; when I did, she quickly closed the notebook infront of her, a little too quickly, but I didn't spend too much time worrying about it.

The supervisor --at least that's who I assumed the blond lady was-- had a smiling, beaming mask on, but when she looked at me she let her act down for a second let me get a glimps of the ice-cold eyes underneath. The look in her eyes told me that I would never be forgiven for being late to her meeting, and for the first time in my life I actually felt truely threatened.
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

116 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 pm
View Likes
ForsakenAngel says...

~Malinda-Supervisor~

"Alright, listen," I announced loudly, smiling in my head when all of them got silent. "There has been a lot of talk about the children who have gone missing. I'm here to get rid of those stories. The children are now happily part of new families. I don't want any of you children"--I had to stop myself from saying monkies--"to get the wrong impression. Like for instance," I said, "There have been rumors that they have either run away, or have been kidnapped. Now, do you think someone could get by these." I motioned over to the two Orphanage Keepers, still standing by the doors. "No," I said, putting my arm back down. "There's no getting out of here. Ever." I was making my point clear, but their faces showed that they would try anyway. I didn't stay on the topic too long though.

"Also, your days will be put on schedual. This is to insure that none of you"--I glanced at child 19, who I had been watching a lot lately--"try to do what you want whenever."

I looked over the face of children, eyes stopping at Leda and Liam. My heart fluttered for a moment, then I continued looking them all over. They all seemed so little, yet I knew they were teens. Had I really missed that much of their lives? I needed to set things right between us.

All in good time, Malinda, I told myself. All in good time.

"The daily schedual is posted on the wall just over there." I nodded toward the back wall. "Dismissed."

(Ok, from now on, Tiger's posts are just as important as mine. She's the co-leader of this SB now, so listen to everythingshe says too. The schedual:
1. 9:00 am-breakfast
2. 10:00 am-free time outside
3. 12:00 pm-lunch
4. 2:00 pm-study time in the dorms (yes, they do study, they have books)
5. 3:00 PM-free time in the game hall
6. 5:00 pm-dinner
7. 7:00 pm- showers
8. 8:00 pm-free time anywhere before bed
9. 11:00 pm-bed time (the day starts at 9 but a lot of people are up early to get showers. There will be people monitoring the halls)
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:08 am
untameabletiger says...

~Leda~

Oh, Sure! We are definetely going to believe a statement as far fetched as that from a women we've never met before! I thought to my self, mentally rolling my eyes. Why she looked at three orphans longer then the rest, I don't know, but her gaze seemed to lock itself on Liam, Dey and I. I zoned out for most of the time while i played with my fingers. To be honest, I didn't really care what she had to say. Basically i came back to reality when she said the last sentence;

"The daily schedual is posted on the wall just over there." I nodded toward the back wall. "Dismissed."

As Mrs. Blondie strutted the through the doors once more, I sighed in relief, and let go of the fake smile. I made a couple of weird faces to get the feeling back, then stood up. I was the first one to the back wall, followed by will. Giving an aggregated breath out after looking at the list, I turned around and right by Jewel, I tried to smile, but the effort resulted in only half of one. She was pretty, Very pretty, I had to give her that, but if she took my brother away from me, we'd both end up dead. I walked the same path the supervisor had, looking at a clock for the time, 8:19 pm, free time? back to my spot.

Instead of walking all the way to the door then circling the building, I found the room I had seen the light from earlier, and opened the window. The night air was cold, but dry, I was going to jump, but when I looked down, fear struck me. Hard. I spun around to go around but I saw someone right in front of me, maybe it was the lighting or something, but they looked sort of scary. I backed up by instinct and only by the coldness, I knew. I was halfway out of the window. the choice was either fall, or jump. I was shaking so much, I was frozen in fear.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:54 am
BrooklynWriter says...

Piper

I didn't move when the supervisor dismissed us. Something in me just didn't want to move. I didn't want to leave and have her think I was going to listen to her. Knowing the little that I knew of Dey, I assumed he was also demonstrating defiance when he didn't move. Either that or, highly unlikely as it may be, he was just shocked. Even though he was more of the tough rebel guy, the supervisor had looked directly at him. It would have shocked anyone. Either way, he didn't move either.

Finally, I rose to my feet, holding my notebook close to my chest. Luckily, he hadn't shone much interest in it but I wasn't going to take my chances with leaving it there or dropping it. Double checking that I had everything, I walked quickly away, avoiding eye contact with Dey. I also avoided the schedule, and went straight to the dorms.

Once there, I climbed up onto my bunk. I looked around and made sure no one was watching as I opened my notebook to the latest page. The page with the poem. First, I traced the letters with heavily with my pencil. Then, I lifted some of the pressure from my pencil and began to draw lightly over the page, part of my drawing overlapping the words of the poem. When I was finished, I had drawn an anime version of Dey and I, sitting in the dorms. The last place we had been before I wrote the poem. I looked carefully at it. I guess Dey had had a good idea adding color to my clown. I wished I had access to some of his sharpies. I realized I had forgot to ask him about those.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:10 am
Camulaeus says...

Banksy

After the meeting I wandered aimlessly for a while, reflecting on what the Supervisor had said. None of us were getting out, ever Well, we'll see about that then. I needed to fight against the Supervisor somehow. The meetings weren't helping as much as planned; the only course of action was to bring down the Supervisor. I needed to find something to mar her image, then a way to distribute it around the Orphanage and hopefully to some outside sources.

But before any of this I needed support, and time and resources and an innumerable amount of other necessities. Action was far off, but the goal was set. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Leda had disappeared into a small room on the side. Cautiously I peeped in behind her. She had opened the window, and almost flew out of it when she turned and noticed me.

"I'm sorry!' I shouted over the thunder as I grabbed her wrist and tugged her away from the window. She was frozen in fear, then seemed to relax as she recognized me.

"Banksy!" she shrieked. "You gave me a heart-attack!"

I laughed weakly. "So... what do you think about what The Warden said?"
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

116 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:59 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ashton~

Most of the halls were empty as everyone was getting ready for showers and eating dinner. It was almost time to change activity, and I was wandering the halls. It wasn't like there was anyone watching me. The Supervisor was going way out with this stuff, watching us so that we didn't start planning anything since she was never around to tell us otherwise.

Wishing she would just go away, I rounded a corner in the hall, then flung myself back around the corner when I saw one of the Orphanage Keepers. She had really put a lock on the things we could do. Now she was just turning the orphanage into a prison, as if it wasn't already like that.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement and my head twisted around to see who it was. It was a girl, short, with blonde hair. I recognized her as one of the girls who disappeared. I felt frozen for a moment, and then she began to walk away from me, around the corner. I followed the girl, not wanting to lose her. I needed to ask her what they had done to her, why she was free to walk when everyone else wasn't.

But when I turned the corner she had walked around, I stared down the long, empty hall. Where had she gone? There were no doors for her to go into, no more halls for her to turn to. It was a dead end, and I had a feeling she was too.

I had seen many weird things in my life, living in a place like this. But I had never before seen a ghost. Fear shot through me as I wondered if that was how every taken child would end up--a spirit wandering the halls of this depressing place. My mid wondered what kind of things they did to the children who were taken. Did the Supervisor have something to do with this? Of course she did, why did I even ask? With a depressing sigh, I returned to the mess hall.

Will

Looking around the room, I scanned for Leda. Where had she gone off to? I got up and walked out of the mess hall, and walked. Dinner was boring, and you couldn't really call it a meal. A piece of bread, some sort of meat, a bowl of soup--was that soup?--and a cup of water--I hoped.

I could hear Leda's voice coming from one of the rooms, so I peeked in. She was talking to Banksy. Did that surprise me? No, it didn't. Leda was beautiful, she was sweet, and she was amazing, but she obviously didn't like me. For the first time ever I felt my heart drop. What did I expect? She was a girl who could have any guy in the orphanage, and I was a guy who wanted every girl here--but none as much as her.

She looked around Banksy and smiled at me. The only thing I could do was smile back and hope she secretly liked me or something. God I sound like a sap, I thought to myself.

(Sorry it's short;)
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:15 pm
untameabletiger says...

~leda~

"I'm Sorry!" The thunder was so loud I barely heard over it as he spoke he grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside. I felt a big rush of relief when I realized it was Banksy.

"Banksy! You gave me a heart-attack!"

He answered with a small laugh "So... what do you think about what The Warden said?" he asked.

Still in shock, I studdered as I spoke "I-I I don't Believe any of it. At all. There's to many facts against it-" I stopped as I saw the crack in the door. It was Will, go figure.I smiled, Not Showing anything. I couldn't help but realize how bad this must've looked. I could feel my cheeks being filled with color. Will stepped in the room and Banksy turned to see him. The door now was completely open, which allowed More people inside. Someone was coming, I could hear the footsteps in the hall. Liam and Jewel. That was predictable. We we're both in for it.

"Leda. What are you doing!?" Liam sounded oddly surprised.

"B-Banksy just gave me a heart attack, and Will just walked in." I answered, before realizing how fake it sounded. I couldn't help but focus on Jewel.

"Sure." He said intently staring at Banksy, ever so often switching his glare to Will.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************

~Liam~

Jewel and I walked down the hall, even though we should be getting ready for showers. The door to a room was wide open so we decided to see what was going on. The first face I saw was Will, then Banksy, then Leda. Leda was near the window and pretty close to Banksy. I looked at Jewel before speaking.

"Leda. What are you doing!?" I had no idea what was going on but I didn't like what I was seeing.

"B-Banksy just gave me a heart attack, and Will just walked in." well, that sounded like a lie.

"sure." I couldn't stop staring at Banksy and Will. I would figure this out. I now knew sort of how she had probably been feeling.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:31 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I could feel a weird vibe between Liam and Leda, so I decided I should probably head to the showers.

Awkwardly, I rest my hand on Liam's shoulder and tried not to sound as tired as I was when I said, "Hey, I'm going to go take a shower before it gets to crowded in there, okay?"

Liam nodded and I could feel Leda's eyes on me. Turning to face her, I gave her a tired smile and turned to leave.

This place keeps getting weirder and weirder. And that woman, why did she make such a point of telling us nothing is happening?

As I pondered the subject, I caught a glitch in what she said, proving that she lied; She said the kids got adopted, but when you turn eighteen, you don't get adopted, you just leave the orphanage because you're a legal adult. Besides, no one ever wants to adopt teenagers because their life as a child is mostly over.

My breath caught in my throat as I spun around and sprinted back to the room.

Already tired, the sprint wiped me out, so gasping for air, I scrambled to shut the door, and leaned firmly against it as if someone would try to barge in, and said, "She's a liar! When you're eighteen you can't be adopted because you're a legal adult! She tripped up in what she said."

Taking in a gulp of air, I continued with scared eyes, "We have to get out of here and fast!"

Frazzled, I allowed myself to slid down to the ground, my back still against the door, my hands clutching at my blonde curls.

All of the sudden, the door jerked open, banging against my back, and I let out a piercing scream, thinking one of the "watch dogs", as I call them, heard me.

Liam dove down onto the floor with me, covering my mouth with his hand tightly in attempt to muffle me screams as he whispered, "Jewel, it's okay, it's just Koda. It's okay, you'll be okay."
Live, Love, Laugh

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.