z

Young Writers Society

The Marked Ones

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:27 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

~Kerli~

Sleep. That sounded so good right now. I couldn't sleep in a tree, it was the soft grass that I chose. I didn't care if a hobo came by and stole all of my clothes--though I would when I found the hobo--I wanted sleep. And sleep was what I got. I wasn't sure how long I slept, but Carley shook me awake all too soon.

"Who is this?" someone asked. Obviously they hadn't woken up earlier to see my little performance that left me so tired.

"Kerli," I said, introducing myself. They all smiled at me, but I could see skepticism in their eyes. I wasn't even going to dare show my X. I didn't like showing it to anyone, unless it was life or death, which those times have come before. I touched the X as I thought about it.

"Whats your power?" someone else asked, breaking my train of thought. "I don't want to go there," I said, not wanting to sleep for another three hours. Carley nodded saying, "Something very special, trust me. You'll all see when we perfect it." I looked at her confused. So she knew about my weakness after using my power? And she thought she could perfect it? After seventeen years of me not being able to, she was going to try. Though they knew more than me anyhow. I wouldn't fight.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:15 pm
View Likes
Chupatoasta says...

*Can someone bring Tate in after a moment? I'm uber busy right now!*
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:33 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Lolli-

I was awakened by rustling in the trees. Great. I get to sleep for once, minus a hangover, and someone wakes me up. It was some newbie girl, around my age. Maybe a bit older. "Whats your power?" I mumbled. "I don't want to go there," She said back. Carley nodded saying, "Something very special, trust me. You'll all see when we perfect it."

Whatever. I didn't particularly care. I was bored.And hungry. I hadn't eaten in, what, a day? Two? "Hey, you. Kerli. That's your name, right?" I asked, and she nodded. "I want a sandwich. And a cigarette." I said, clouding her mind. She produced both from thin air and handed them to me. "Lolli. Cut it out." said someone from below. "Aw, shut up. If you hadn't eaten in days, you'd do the same." I yelled back down, inhaling the sandwich. "Lighter." I commanded Kerli, and she handed me one. I lit up, and took a gleeful puff. "Sure, but I wouldn't go and kill myself with a cigarette, either." said the same person. I shot them a death glare that they probably couldn't see, and took another puff before breaking her daze. The sandwich remains, cigarette, and lighter dissapeared. "What just happened?" Kerli asked. "Your mom." I replied. "Very mature." she snapped, and left. I giggled, and took out a lollipop.

[and now I'm editing in jax]

I sat staring out into space for a while, until a slithering sound broke my trance. The largest snake I had ever seen stared back at me. I screamed bloody murder. "Snakkkkeee!!!! Holy shit!!!!! Snakkkeeee!!!" I yelled. A man walked under the tree. "Chill! He's completely harmless!" He yelled back. "Sorry about that. I could hear you all yammering, so i came over. And..." He glanced at the X on my neck "Hey... me too." he said, showing his. "Welcome to the club." I yelled down.
Last edited by ToritheMonster on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:01 pm
eldEr says...

*****Sorry it's so late!! If anybody can bring me in, that would be GREAT!******

Name: Jaxton Parks

Personality: He's sweet and shy, the sort of guy you can confide in. He loves to help in any way possible and hates violence. He does, however, have his protective side, a side of him that you rarely see, but it's there. He's very caring, and will help anybody who needs it, even if he doesn't trust them. He's quiet and feels that he's better seen and not heard. If you want him to talk, you've got to start the conversation.

Power: He has the ability to control what the mind sees and hears for a short amount of time. Meaning he can do things such as create mild sight and sound illusions and influence thought. (Which also means he can creat confusion or help clear up confusion) However, this can be extremely draining, especially the illusions, and he has to use it carefully. (He's blacked out more than once for overusing his powers)

History: He doesn't really have much of a history actually. He grew up in a less wealthy family with two little sisters and an older brother.

Skills: He's incredibly intelligent and can think rather well on his feet. He has ridiculously incredible aim, so he's a good gunsmen and archer. He's very quick and good at dodging and blocking. He's trained in martial arts and has some strength in that. He also knows a LOT about history and even more about nature and animals.

Flaws: He isn't the strongest guy around and isn't very good at offending. His only tactics in a fight are to keep blocking and dodging until he can either run or finds some sort of opening. He's blind in one eye, though you can't really tell unless you know what to look for. Oh yes, and he's going deaf for an unkown reason.

Likes: Reading, writing, music, nature, helping others, helpful people, computers, programming, science, history, animals, bugs though he enjoys hunting if it's for food rather than sport, shooting targets

Dislikes: Snobs, overly-talkative people, people who interupt him while he's studying or reading, people who try to bring down his mood, hunting for sport, people who take advantage of others

Up for love?: Oh yes.

Other: He's got a pet cowbra named Tot. (Yes, Tot.) The snake is the most well-behaved, loyal pet you'll meet.
Spoiler! :
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:36 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Nova

"Hey, Lolli, couldn't use make someone find us a really safe place to live and never be found?" I asked, after her display of magic sandwhiches and cigarrettes. She turned to me with a sneaky smile on her face and a hand on her hip.

"I haven't tried. Hey, Carley, get me a safe house now and transport us there now," She ordered to Carley. Carley just gave an amused smile and shrugged. Lolli looked at me again.

"Guess it doesn't work. I mean, I know I have a freaky X on the back of my neck and super freaky powers but that doesn't mean I'm God"

"You have one too?" A male voice said.

**That would be Jaxton or Tate. I guess which ever one reads this first.**
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:59 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Kylie

I groaned. So far we had: Jax, Kerli, Setji, Nova, Lolli, Carley and me. And now another. I ran my hand through my hair and asked, "Name and power," rather sleepily. "And don't smoke those, they'll kill you," I said to Lolli, and promptly threw the cigarette she was holding into the trees.

"Tate, I can control the elements," he said.

"Finally! An actually simple power!" I said, then listed our names and powers, save Kerli, whose power I didn't know yet. "Now, c'mon. I know a place we can stay until we can figure this all out."

Lolli looked excited. "Really?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind it being a gang headquarters. They still owe me."

"Sleeeeppp..." Kerli moaned. I motioned her to come over. She sleepily trotted over.

"Get on. You can sleep on the way." I said, turning my back to her. She didn't question it at all; just climbed up and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"And by the way, Lolli, you're not the only one who hasn't eaten in two days, so stop using your power on us."

She made a nasty remark that I don't want to repeat. Kerli was already asleep, her head on my shoulder.

I called, "C'mon guys! The warehouse is this way!" They exchanged looks and followed me.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

351 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:20 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Lolli-

I snickered. Could I have gotten her to make a house if I had really wanted to? Yes. But it would have made my super tired, and it would have dissapeared as soon as I got too tired to continue. A warehouse would be better. And longer lasting. I was pissed about my cigarette, though. I pulled my half- empty shot bottle out of my pocket and took a swig, pausing to yell a few cusses at Kylie. She might be beast at finding hideouts, but she didn't have the right to take my cigs. I turned to the new guy with the snake. "So, you're Jax?" I asked. He nodded. "Who's the snakey?" I giggled. I wasn't drunk, but I was verging on tipsy. "Tot." he said, looking at me cautiously. "Tot. That's God-freaking adorable. Hi Tot." I said to the Snake. It hissed at me. "Pssst. Jaxie. Give me a cigarette. A lighted one." I whispered to him. In a daze, he handed me one, and I then let him snap out of it. I gleefully took a puff. This one hadn't dissapeared. He blinked. "Where did you get that?" he snapped. I cackled and finished off the shot bottle.

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:37 pm

I whipped around (Kerli snuffled). Lolli truly didn't realize the gravity of what was going on. I tapped my foot, and a wide crack followed the shockwave passing over it. Lolli looked up, looking tipsy again. At least I had her attention.

I closed my eyes, and through grit teeth, said, "Please cut it out with the will controlling. It's cruel and disrespectful. Besides that, this stuff will kill you. I've known at least a dozen kids who died from all this. And I'm not doing this for your entertainment. I'm doing it to survive. Got it? This isn't some game." My eyes were open now, and everyone was staring, including the now awake Kerli. Lolli rolled her eyes.

I set Kerli down and turned my back. I kept walking, chanting under my breath, "She's not worth it, she's not worth it, she's not worth it, she's not worth it." I didn't know -or care- if the others were following me. I just kept walking, biting back tears of anger. My shoulders were already starting to shake. I turned my iPod up to full volume and clenched my fists. Lolli wouldn't let me live this down, I knew it.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

351 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:27 pm
ToritheMonster says...

hehe my charrie's a bully.

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Dreamy115 wrote:Lolli-
Whatever. I didn't particularly care. I was bored.And hungry. I hadn't eaten in, what, a day? Two? "Hey, you. Kerli. That's your name, right?" I asked, and she nodded. "I want a sandwich. And a cigarette." I said, clouding her mind. She produced both from thin air and handed them to me. "Lolli. Cut it out." said someone from below. "Aw, shut up. If you hadn't eaten in days, you'd do the same." I yelled back down, inhaling the sandwich. "Lighter." I commanded Kerli, and she handed me one. I lit up, and took a gleeful puff. "Sure, but I wouldn't go and kill myself with a cigarette, either." said the same person. I shot them a death glare that they probably couldn't see, and took another puff before breaking her daze. The sandwich remains, cigarette, and lighter dissapeared. "What just happened?" Kerli asked. "Your mom." I replied. "Very mature." she snapped, and left. I giggled, and took out a lollipop.

I think you got confused with my character's power. She can only balance things with her mind, not make cigarettes and sandwiches appear out of nowhere. I would have said something earlier, but I was busy.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

351 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 pm
ToritheMonster says...

forsakinshadow wrote:
Dreamy115 wrote:Lolli-

I think you got confused with my character's power. She can only balance things with her mind, not make cigarettes and sandwiches appear out of nowhere. I would have said something earlier, but I was busy.

Hahaha no, that's my character's power! She makes other people do things for her, even if it's not possible. See my profile.

351 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:04 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Is there a DT for this?

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Now there is. :p
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

116 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:25 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

>Yay! Go DT!<

~Kerli~

I played with the metal lip ring I had, watching as everyone talked. I stayed away from Lolli as much as possible, not wanting to hurt myself hurting her. I sat away from everyone else, looking at the dirt, andmaking it rise and spin in a tiny tornado. Then, I lifted more, my headache returning, and built something with it. It was a heart, raised from the ground and floating in the air. It was just in front of me, sitting there. I heard someone aproach, and I lost it, dropping my creation.

"What was that?" someone asked. I didn't answer, not really wanting to. It was a heart, if they hadn't seen it, but I didn't feel like speeking the thoughts. I closed my eyes, focusing again, then opening them. The dirt rose again, and made something else, something new. It was a cross. I hadn't thought of anything in particular to make, but I knew this wasn't on my mind at the moment.

I'd seen it before in my work of creations, a vision put into 3D with rocks, or dirt or sometimes even water. I thought my power was to balance things? Or maybe it was just to lift things with my mind. But I could do far more than that.

I reached out, touching the dirt, then taking it, still focusing. More dirt rose, but I wasn't doing it...was I? I dropped the cross, all of the dirt falling. Whoever was behind me was clearly stunned for the obviouse reason that they hadn't seen me do it before, something far greater.
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:53 pm

I heard someone gasp behind me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Kerli simply raising things. Telekinetic, my mind told me. I was still furious at Lolli, so when I called, "Guys, we're here," I wasn't surprised to hear that my voice was harsh and almost rough.

Kerli and Nova, who had been looking on, both looked up and jogged up. Lolli swaggered over, eyes half lidded. The others were close behind. I pounded on the sheet metal door. "Yo, c'mon, Fee! It's Kylie!" I let a certain accent seep into my voice- it was my voice, just tweaked a little, so I sounded more like I belonged here.

The door rolled up, revealing dark skinned, grinning Fee. "Kylie, my girl! How you been?"

I hugged him and replied, "Ah, pretty good. Y'know, getting along. Haven't got caught yet, anyway."

He jerked his head to the others. "You finally got your own gang goin', then?"

"Nah, these just some kids I took in. They need a lil help, y'know? So, y'know how you said you guys owed me?"

"Yeah?"

"Imma take up on that. We need a place to stay, dunno how long. Think we could...?"

I let my statement hang in the air for a second. It didn't need that long, though, because Fee immediately said, "Sure, girl! Anything for what you did for us." He led us in with a warm smile. The rest of the gang that was spread out around the antechamber greeted me just as warmly, and therefore the group. If they were with me, they were cool.

I smirked at Lolli. She may be able to force people to do things, but I had resources like you wouldn't believe. Besides which, Fee was strongly against drugs and alcohol, said they messed up his boys.

I win, Lolli. I win.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
— Elbert Hubbard