z

Young Writers Society

The "Specials" Curse.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:42 am
View Likes
untameabletiger says...

The regulars are living a normal life as they would any other day, They really get involved when the specials start going to school . (;
~Eden - Baz~

I guess I had zoned out for a little bit , because a voice shook me out of my dazed state of mind.

"hello, I'm Kylie" He spoke. Wow. A guy room-mate? This was awkward. More awkward than normal.

"H-Hi." I rustled in my bed , feeling strange at the thought of sharing a room with a guy. I could barely talk to a guy , much-less live with one. I could feel heat rising into my cheeks. This would take some getting used to.

Way to get me out of my comfort zone. She thought. There was a gentle knock on the door and Kylie jumped up to get it. When he opened the door , no one was there , but four large suitcases sat in the doorway labeled with our names. Two for me , two for Kylie. Going to the door, focused on not tripping ,I realized how tall this guy was. I grabbed my suitcases and looked up in wonder. I was tall , but not that tall. My blue eyes wide, I made my way over to my bed once more and looked through my new belongings.

In the first suitcase was clothes, the style of clothes to the mark , and a few books. There was even a leotard and point shoes for dancing. It wasn't much , but at least I had something to wear. The second suitcase was much larger than the other and filled with instruments and a notebook, much more expensive instruments then I was able to afford. For this, my eyes brightened . This made me excited for this new life. I found myself wondering how so many instruments were packed into the space. Only two things were missing. A guitar and a piano.

I looked over at Kylie to find him rummaging through his things. There were so many interesting things about him. Were we all this way? His arms and height fascinated me the most. He looked up , noticing me looking.

"H-how tall are y-you?" I asked. "I'm five foot ten and you make me feel small" I let out a nervous laugh. This was going to be a long night.

Hope this is okay Fiction

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:48 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

Adara Vigil

Just a note, I don't know/care who my roommate is, so I wrote this with the mentality of not yet having one....can change this as needed.

I hadn't had a permanent room in years, but I guess I had to admit this is pretty close to what I would've chosen myself.

There was a large window looking outside, the walls a laid-back blue, and my bedsheets were an artsy design of blue as well. Edgy pop-art paintings were on the wall, and to my slight relief so was my duffel bag - guess they'd grabbed that after they'd grabbed me. I was glad; this was all I owned.

I put away the clothes I had - mostly cargo capris, jeans, and simple shirts. Oh, and my hat. It's an ugly green color, but it was my dad's. I hang it on my bedpost with a tiny smile.

They'd removed my educational books (guess I wouldn't be needing them anyway) but left my camera and photo book as they'd been. The one thing that truly caught my attention, though, was the painting hung right over my bed - it had the words The Girl Who Was On Fire, and the fiery image of the pendant from the novel The Hunger Games. I rolled my eyes but smiled. The irony wasn't lost on me.

Sorry I got through this pretty quickly, so yeah just tell me if there's anything I need to change.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 am
gleek456 says...

Oliver Mitchell

I think me and James were the last ones to enter the large flat. My jaw dropped once I stepped out of the wretched helicopter. The flat was by far the most beautiful thing me and James have ever seen, other than the joy of watching others react to our endless pranks. I turned to James and smirked.

"This shall be fun, right brother?" I asked. James smiled back.

"Oh, definitely, brother," he replied. We both walked into the house just in time to listen to a woman explain the rules. I tried not to laugh. Rules. We're not children. I think James was thinking the same thing because he smirked too. Ah, the magic of having a twin is being able to have someone think like you. When the woman finished, we all headed for the bedrooms. Obviously me and James were roommates, no question about that. We took a bit of time to examine the room.

"Plenty of room for upcoming inventions," James muttered as he sat down on a bed. I nodded and sat on the bed beside his.

"But I liked our flat better," I said. There was a pause before James coughed.

"Well, we figured something like this would happen, right?" James said, sighing. I took sight of a suotcase on our beds. I unlocked mines and literally laughed.

There were plenty of clothes, something I'm not worried about, and a few books. One of them looked as big as a dictionary. James smirked too as he unlocked his suitcase. I continued rummaging through the suitcase to find a few trinkets and objects that would be perfect for inventing. I held up an alarm clock.

"We allowed to take these things apart?" I asked. James looked expectantly at me.

"You honestly need to ask?" he asked teasingly. I smiled and put the clock beside me. This might be interesting after all.

Violet Beauxton

"Maman! Zon leave me 'ere!" I heard a childish voice cry. I could see my petit self, small, delicate, and teary. Ah, I remember this. My Maman is packing her thing to leave me for zat German man. He vasn't even cute. More like a bafoon. I watched my petit self pull on my Maman's arm, only to get shoved be 'er. I shook my head and sat up. Claudine, my maid, was patting a wet cloth on my head gently.

"Have I been crying?" I asked with my thick French accent. She nodded sorrowfully. I massaged my head with my thumb and forefinger.

"Mon Dieu. Stupid Maman," I muttered. Claudine gasped.

"Mamoiselle! Don't say that about your mother!" Claudine cried. I sighed and took ze cloth from 'er. I wiped my 'ands and gave it back to 'er.

"Bring me some soup?" I asked. Claudine nodded.

"Right away Madmoiselle," Claudine said before running off towards ze kitchen. I lied back down and shut my eyes tight. Forget about it, Violet, forget about it.

(Hope this was fine! I was confused as to what to do for Violet.)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:07 am
fictionfanatic says...

Kylie:

A girl roommate? Well that's peculiar. When a knock came at the door, I jumped up and flung it open. No one was there, but when I looked down I saw four suitcases. Scooping mine up, my roommate took hers.

Opening the smaller of the two, I just found a bunch of clothes, so I moved onto the bigger suitcase.

Inside, there was a variety of things, all of which that put a big smile on my face (didn't feel like coming up with things right now, sorry.)

As I started to put my things where I wanted them, my roommate said, "H-how tall are y-you? I'm five foot ten and you make me feel small" She laughed nervously.

Smiling, I turned to her and said, "I'm eight feet and one inch tall. Strange, I know, but it's because I have the power of growth and life."

***Ok, I feel it's only fair we get to school so the others can be involved, shall we?***

Kylie - School

Last night had been interesting. Forgetting my roommate, Eden, a girl, I had accidentally changed infront of her. I noticed her as I pulled on a pair of sweat pants and she was covering her eyes, facing the wall. That made the night a little weird for her I could tell, so I tried to make her as comfortable as possible the rest of the night.

Now we were at school. Nessa and I used to be homeschooled, so this should be interesting.

Everyone was dropped off at the school, and when we walked in, it seemed as though everyone was staring. I was used to it because of my height, but I knew they were also staring at us because we're the "new" kids, the "exchange" students...but my height probably didn't help.

We all made out way to the office and got our schedule and maps and a bajillion other paper, all of which I just folded and tucked into my back pocket. Finished, we made our way out of the office.

Nessa placed her hand on my arm and sent me I have to go to the left

Right I thought to her, knowing she'd hear it because of the connection she is making.

Okay, I'll see you later. Hollar if you need anything With that, she took her hand from my arm and walked off with Catarina and Eben.

Quickly, I turned around, only to run into someone and start to stumble over, "Whoa!" I exclaimed as I grabbed hold of the person, doing my best to keep us from falling, only to end up running into a few people trashcan, then the wall, and then end up on my back.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I said, ignoring the stares I was, by now, oh so used to.

*Can be anyone*
Live, Love, Laugh

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 am
Sassafras says...

Mai Dust

I was late. I knew I was late because the sunlight was streaming in through my window. I didn't even need to look at my clock. I was in and out of the bathroom in five minutes flat, running down the hallway to class in the next three. I know I shouldn't have been running, but I didn't like being tardy to class, it left a bad stain on my reputation, and I already had my grades to do that for me, I didn't need anything else.

I turned the corner and made a mad dash down the hall, not really paying attention to where I was going, exactly. It was no surprise when I ran right into a wall.

"Woah!" The wall grabbed onto me and dragged us both down. So, not a wall, but a man. I went tumbling onto the ground, landing on my back. The air rushed out of my body, leaving me lying on the ground, breathless. People crowded around me, some kind fellow offered me a hand. I thanked him with a pained smile and let him help me up.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry."

The sound came from behind me. I turned and gave a smile to the man getting up off the floor. As I went over to give him a hand the bell rang. I cringed at the sound and sighed. So much for being on time.

"Oh, it's no problem," I replied. "I shouldn't have been running. It was my fault. I apologize."

I looked up at him and nodded. Wow, he sure was tall, but I'm sure he didn't need me to bring that to his attention. He probably knew it anyway. Instead I just nodded and him and bent down to pick up my things that went scattering across the hall.

"Oh, let me help you with that."

He bent down too, and for some reason it made me smile. He was just so tall. I stood up with half my things, he with the other. I took the books from him and laughed a bit.

"Runnign through the halls... I should have known something like this would happen. Well, thank you very much..."

"Kylie."

"Thank you very much, Kylie. I'm Mai. Well, I'm already late enough, I'll see you around?"

I waved and turned to start towards my classroom. Mr.Lane was probably livid by now.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:19 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Catarina Night
I walked with Nessa to the office my arms wrapped protectively around my sketchpad. We got our class schedules and after reconcilling with a few of the Specials we found that we had the same lunch period. "Well 'bye all good luck and don't go crazy." I said waving. I hugged Nessa before going to my first period class which was Art. A female teacher with soft dark brown hair and eyes smiled at me. "Hello I am Ms. Bray and you are?" She asked. "Catarina Night ma'am." I replied dropping into old habits. She laughed softly. "Please I am just Ms. Bray." She insisted. I blushed and nodded feeling my cheeks flame a brilliant shade of red. "May I?" She asked holding her hand toward my sketchpad. I nodded and then sat down at the table she had recommended for me. She came to my table a few minutes later her face pleasantly surprised. "You are very skilled and already know how to draw from your heart and bring what you know and love to it. That I can not teach you. You are possibly far beyond my teaching skills but as I say and probably will say again I don't teach art I teach you to love art." She said handing me the sketchpad and a canvas. "We are painting today paint whatever you like." She added as the rest of the class started to file in.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:55 pm
Justagirl says...

Spoiler! :
Yes, it might seem weird that Walter is in the Senior's English but he's advanced. If you were wondering ;)

Walter Evans

I walked into my English classroom and sat down, still reviewing last night's events. I hadn't told anyone yet about what I'd seen but I'd be able to in Algebra when I sat next to Victor.

I let myself stare into space as the teacher went over our homework and then talked about a test coming up at the end of the week. Suddenly, I saw a new boy sitting at the front of the room dressed in dark colors. But, the clothes he wore didn't dim the paleness of him. His hair was white and his skin extremely pale with what seemed like white swirls on what I could see of his collar bone and the backs of his hands. I stared at this kid for a few minutes while the teacher droned on some more. He didn't seem uncomfortable with the weird white tattoos that covered his skin, in fact, he seemed really happy and content. I was taken aback and leaned into the back of my chair, trying to figure where he'd come from and why I hadn't heard rumors about him coming and/or being here.

After class was over I walked past the kid on the way to Algebra and listened to him talk. He had a smooth voice and the comfort that he seemed to have in his skin almost unnerved me, along with his big smile and excited eyes. I moved quickly past him and into the Algebra classroom, getting there early to speak with Victor.

"Hey, Walter." Said Victor as I slid into my seat.

"Hey, Vic." I put down my backpack.

"Did ya hear? New kids."

"Yeah, I just saw one of them. He was like a snow sculpture. Totally white except for his clothes, and he had some pretty weird white tattoos on his skin..."

Victor flicked his dark hair out of his eyes in an astonished way. "Weird, dude."

"Yeah."

There was some silence as more kids came into the classroom.

"Ya know what I heard?"

I waited for Victor to continue.

"I heard there're some," Victor did air quotes, "'Special' kids that came into town sometime this week. They're supposed to be, like, mutants."

"Weird. Ya know what I saw last night?" I continued without letting Victor ask 'what?'. "This huge heli flying over my street. It lit up bright white, then dropped. Like, no-power dropped."

"Jesus."

"Yeah, it pulled up, though."

"Seriously weird, dude."

"Yes. It is. This week is..."

Then, the Algebra teacher walked into the classroom and I leaned back into my seat with my hands behind my head, thinking about the information Victor and I had shared. Were there really mutant kids that came into our town? Could the pale kid be one of them? What was up with that helicopter?

Would we be safe?
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

7 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:59 pm
OnigiriChan says...

Carly Aleppo

I got a later start than everyone else. When everyone was rushing to their rooms I took a stroll around campus for a while, by the times I made it to the dorms everyone was on their way to class. My roommate had already made it in, and her bed was red, like fire. I didn't know who she was but we'd meet sooner or later, for sure. My headboard had yellow lightning bolts on it, I smiled at the design. But I had no real time to marvel because I was about to be late.

I made it just in time for English class, though first period I'd already missed. I ran in quickly, voicing a few sorry's, and instantly spotted one of my own in the bottom row. Eli looks over and waves excitedly my way. I wave back and quickly walk over.

"Hello, Eli!"

"Hi, Carly. How are you?"

The teacher gives us a "be quiet right now" look and we both smile politely at him until he turns away again.

"I'm just fine. Missed first period though. How are you? You looka bit happy today."

"Oh," he drawls, "I'm always happy."

I open my mouth to reply but stop. A frown turns my lips and I quickly look behind me. Suddenly, two guys put their heads downward towards their papers. Aha! Caught in the act.

"Did you notice..."

"Those two guys starring at us? Yeah."

"I think it's because of you," I say with a smile. He shrugs and pulls back the sleeve on his shirt.

"I guess. Don't really blend in here. But let them stare, yeah?

The rest of the class was spent more or less paying attention to the lesson, but when the bell finally rang for lunch I was out.

"Coming, Eli?"

Maxxie Heights

New students today. I noticed them as I walked into my classes, and there were a few I simply could not keep my eyes off of, for whatever reason. One, or rather two, were the red headed twins. I didn't manage to catch their names but, boy, were they a sight. Another was a stark pale kid with white tattoos and a heart melting smile. I nearly stalked him without realizing it. I was simply admiring him from afar when I ended up halfway across the school at his class room. Another was a fairly quiet kid, he didn't talk at all. He had black hair that fell into his face and wore a strange looking pendant around his neck. I was in one of his classes and couldn't help noticing him. There was something different about him. When the teacher asked him to introduce himself he got up, wrote his name on the board, and sat back down.

I don't know where these new guys came from but, my oh my, it had to be somewhere close to heaven.

Or am I exaggerating?

The cafeteria fills almost instantly as the bell rings and I'm drug along with the crowd. Being one of the first in since my last class is right down the hall, I get my food quickly and find a small table where I can eat and spread out my drawings. I notice immediately when the new kids walk in, especially the ones I've had my eye on. They have a certain air about them that just makes them stand out from the crowd.

The pale boy enters along with a cute girl, and for a minute I think it to be his girlfriend. Most likely that's the case, they're both beautiful and strangely happy. Next to enter are the twins, who are talking to each other and laughing. An extremely tall man enters with a girl by his side. Next to come is the quiet guy with the black hair and pendant, his mouth still shut. Many others enter, but I turn away soon enough to start a new drawing.

There's something different about those kids, and they've caught my attention. I intended to find out what, exactly, makes them stand out.
Last edited by OnigiriChan on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

84 Reviews

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:00 am
fictionfanatic says...

Nessa:

I felt everyone's eyes on us as we all entered the cafeteria. I suppose we are quite a sight, eh? We quickly made our way through the lunch line and found a table which we all sat out. Scanning the room, I tapped into people's thoughts. They were all so curious about us.

Sitting, I sent my thoughts out to the group when I wished to insert a comment.

Kylie:

I'm not quite sure what the topic at the table was about. I was looking for the girl, Mai. I finally spotted her, sitting with a couple of other girls.

"I'll be right back" I announced to the table.

Getting up, I threw my leftover food into the trash and made my way over to Mai. Pulling a seat over to her, I sat down and said, "Hey Mai, hey friends of Mai."
Live, Love, Laugh

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:47 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Elias Haynes

I walk into the cafeteria, Carly bouncing along beside me, and instantly stroll to a nice empty table. I've no interest in the cafeteria food, but I pull out an energy bar from my back pocket and eat it slowly. Nessa soon joined, but her brother left nearly. I saw my roommate enter and waved him over excitedly, trying to catch his attention through the crowd.

"Morgan, hey! Moooorgan! Morgan! I know you can hear me, Morgan! Oh Mr. Runestone!"

Finally he turns, a heavy scowl on his face. I smile and laugh loudly. Everyone in the cafeteria was turned this way, muttering quietly. I gave them all a small wave just to be polite. When I turn back to Morgan he's walking away again. I frown and get up.

"Eli, where are you going," Carly calls.

I stop and turn towards her.

"Morgan's being a trout."

"A trout?"

"Yes, a trout."

I wave and run off towards Morgan. He starts walking faster immediately, as if he could feel me coming, but I caught up quick enough.

"Morgan!"

He whips around and shoots me a glare that burns straight through to my heart. I stop a bit, an unguarded emotion flashes across my face, but I secure it once again with a smile, albeit strained. I suddenly want to run away, or fight him, but I stop.

"Man, that's some defense mechanism you got going on there. How long did you have to practice that one in the mirror?" His expression doesn't waver. "Oh wow, um well, hi."

He rolls his eyes and starts away again.

"No, Morgan. Wait, I actually came over here for a reason. You see, I noticed your violin, and I need your help. You play that instrument well?"

He nods uncertainly, as if he was afraid to give me this information. I smile and laugh.

"I'm not a bad guy, Morgan. Don't act that way. We're room buddies!" I put my arm around his shoulder and he skillfully slips out from under it before we've had too much contact. "Anyway, my Music class is hard. I don't understand the notes. Actually, I need help in all my classes. And you seem pretty smart, and it'll be easy getting to you because we live together, so can you tutor me? I'm already doing bad in my classes and it's my first day..."

I smile at him and he stares blankly back. We're in the position for a few long moments before I sigh and back off.

"Okay, I'll give you time to think it over, yeah? See you later, Morgan!"

I wave and leave, starting back towards the table. It's then I notice the twins walk in, they're not hard to notice, but I also feel a pair of eyes on my back. I turn around and just catch some boy sitting alone turn away from me. There are papers spread out on the table in front of him, but other than that nothing else. I smile and wave at his turned back. Before I return to the table I grab a cup of coffee and another energy bar from the snack line.

Mai Dust

When the cafeteria bells rings I nearly die from relief. A expected, Mr. Lane was all over my tail about being late, and, surprise, I have detention after school on Friday. Makes sense though, I've been tardy to his class at least ten times. I scope out the cafeteria and find my two friends Jessica and Brittney. I take a seat without getting food first and lay my head on my folded arms.

"What's with the long face, Mai?"

I look up towards Jess and smile sadly.

"Detention. I was late to Mr. Lane's class."

"Again?"

"Yeah..."

"What happened," Britt chimes in. I reach over and pluck a grape from her fruit salad.

"Well, I was running to class and-"

Suddenly a shadow falls over the table and someone is scooting in next to me.

"Hey Mai, hey friends of Mai."

I cut off and smile, throwing Kylie a wide grin. Jessica and Brittney look confused beyond belief but I just wave them off.

"Oh hey, Kylie! How are you?"

He smiles and shrugs.

"A bit sore, but I'm okay."

I feel my brow furrow and lean closer towards him.

"Sore? Did you get really hurt when we fell? Oh, I'm so sorry. I knew I shouldn't have been running..."

Kylie laughs and shakes his head.

"No, not really hurt. Takes more than a fall to injure me. Don't worry about it."

"Umm, Mai? Who is he?"

I turn towards Jessica and Britt, who are both oggling rudely at Kylie. I give them a hard glare and they get the message, exchanging their wide eyes for friendly smiles.

"This is my friend, Kylie. Ky, these are my friends Brittney and Jessica."

"You're one of those new kids," Brittney starts off, her voice takes on a sudden tone of amazement.

"Yeah, I'm one of them. My sister is over there."

He points to a table with the pale tattoo guy, two twins, and two girls.

"Oh," Jessica drawls. "Lovely. So, are the rumors true?"

"T-the rumors?"

Brittney rolls her eyes and leans across the table.

"You know," she whispers, "the rumors that all the new kids are-"

"Girls," I interject. "That is rude! Stop it. Leave Kylie alone about that." I stand up and shake my head. "I apologize for my friends, come with me to get a tray?"

He nods and stands up, looking confused.

"The rumors that we're what," he asks.

I shake my head and start towards the line.

"Nothing, it's stupid."

"No, I want to hear."

"Well, it's silly, but they're saying that all the new kids are some type of super powered mutants. It's stupid, really. I don't believe any of it. I mean, super powers? They could have come up with something more realistic, right?"

84 Reviews

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:23 am
fictionfanatic says...

Kylie:

"Well, it's silly, but they're saying that all the new kids are some type of super powered mutants. It's stupid, really. I don't believe any of it. I mean, super powers? They could have come up with something more realistic, right?"

My breath caught in my throat, and I felt as if I was about to start choking. Or pass out. Maybe both. Can you even do that?

I gave her a laugh and ran my hand through my hair, "Yeah, that's pretty crazy."

Nessa. Nessa. NESSA! I shouted mentally, hoping she'd tap in.

"Yeah thought so" Mai said with a laugh, after only a moment of hesitation.

What is it Kylie? Nessa asked.

There's talk about us. About what we are! People are spreading rumors that we're specials!

The next thing I knew, Nessa was at my side.

Nessa:

They know I said mentally to the group, and explanation to why I shot up and strode over towards Kylie and the girl.

Coming up beside him, I placed my hand on his arm and looked over to the girl.

"Oh, Mai, this is my twin, Nessa. Nessa, this is my friend Mai. We had a run in this morning" He laughed at the last part, and I ran through the memory he brought up. If I could have laughed, I would have.

"Hello Nessa. How are you?" Mai asked.

Placing a hand on my throat, I tried to convey that I couldn't talk. "Sore throat?" She asked.

Shaking my head, I looked to Kylie and he explained to Mai, "Nessa is mute."

"Oh...I'm sorry, I-"

I put my hand up to stop her, and shook my head with a smile. Placing my hand on Kylie's arm, I looked to him, nodded my head towards our table, and said, Kylie, let's go. We all need to talk.
Live, Love, Laugh

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Catarina Night
I looked curiously as Nessa approached me and grabbed my arm. "Wha-?" I managed before I was being tugged behind her. 'People know that we're specials.' She replied. I felt my eyes widen. She quickly tugged me to the table and I sat down across from James and Oliver. They were laughing and joking but then Nessa told them what was going on and they stopped quieting down. "How are we going to deal with this?" Kylie asked. "We could find the people who started the rumor and joke about with them?" I suggested weakly. Immediately all heads swiveled towards me. "And that works?" Someone asked. "Not usually but it just might."
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:02 pm
Redfang18 says...

Morgan Runestone

I sat down on in front of a table, then took a piece of paper and a pencil to write words down. My curse isn't that I lost my voice. I can talk, but don't want to until my mother gives in about telling me about my father. Until my mother tells me about my father, I've taken a vow of silence as so to torture my mother. My curse is that I can also fly, but I'm deathly afraid of heights. I do enjoy playing the violin, since it helps me express my emotions for the past nine years. I paused at this. What else did I want to tell Elias? As for my face a while ago, I practiced it against my mother when I was ten. I looked around, then folded up the note before sneaking over towards Elias and slipping the note in his pocket. I went to Music Class, then started playing my violin with a sad note. I was still a bit upset that my mother hasn't given up on telling me about my father. It's been nine years today since I took a vow of silence. I played on, getting lost in my recital.
Last edited by Redfang18 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

7 Reviews

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Eden - Baz ~

I was used to school, but being a new student , along with about fifteen others , may seem like a stretch for an exchange student program. I ignored all the weird looks , and tried to appear as normal as possible. As long as I wasn't around any of the other specials , I was normal, besides the nightmares that is. With every step I took , my toes curled under in my shoes , wanting to get to what I knew as home and try out those new dancing shoes. I sort of slid into the background ; or , at least tried to. I wasn't going to talk to anyone , I didn't feel like making a fool of myself on the first day of a new life. When I saw familiar faces at lunch , I quickly sat down with all of the other specials, the closest place I belonged here.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 am
Sassafras says...

Elias Haynes (<--- Is a boy, Fang ^^)

Lunch ends and so do my classes for the day. I'm so tired of classes that I head straight to my room, but before I get there I decided to check out my spot. It's when I sit down that I finally take out the note Morgan slipped me. I read it quickly, and by the end of it I'm smiling so hard my cheeks hurt. I rush back up to our room and right as I'm about to open the door I hear music coming from inside. I stop and listen for a while, it's so well played, and even a bit sad. I burst through the door and the music abruptly ends.

"No, don't stop on my account. Keep playing, it's fantastic."

He gives me one of his famous glares, but I just smile back and try to ignore the feeling his glares give me. I really have to find a way to stop him doing that.

"So much with the glaring. Smile, yeah? You don't talk but you can be happy."

He gives me a blank stare and I roll my eyes and him and take off my top shirt, leaving on my white tank top underneath. I flare my powers once and relish at the burn for a bit before turning it off and grabbing my guitar and an energy drink.

"So, lesson time," I say. "Teach me how to read these things. When I play music I don't write down notes... I just say first string third fret, or something like that. These... these symbols confuse me. You're good at this, yeah? Help me out..."

He sighs and comes over to my side of the room and makes a few gestures at the symbols and the strings.

"Gonna be kind of hard to teach if you won't talk, mate."

He glares at me again and I look away.

"Fine. Fine, I get it."

so many languages have fallen / off of the edge of the world / into the dragon's mouth.
— Lucille Clifton